Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Who ever gets the last Word

Heh, it would make an awfully long post.

I just thought of something...do any of you know how a cat can be fine ever since you've adopted him, and then a couple of short months later, he's practically blind?

This is what happened to Bjorn. My family went overseas for a couple of months for the winter break. We had a trusted person take care of the cats while we were gone. When we came back, they were fine, but we noticed Bjorn can't see an inch in front of him anymore. Just a few months ago he was playing with string, and he'd follow you around and, if you throw a treat, he'll directly follow it and eat it. Now...he crashes into everything--if his whiskers don't touch it first. You hold a treat directly in front of his face and he has to sniff all over to find it. You can't trust him to move out of the way if you're walking because he's already slow and now, he can't see you. I wave my hand in front of his eyes and face and he doesn't follow it like he used to. It's weird...his appetite is still good for the most part, and he's still affectionate and cuddly...I just don't know what happened to his eyes.

Do any of you here know what this could be?

Oh, I know the obvious thing would be to go to the vet. Been there, done that. Bjorn HATES the vet, he goes bonkers--really. Like he's been possessed. It's nearly impossible to hold him down, let alone get close enough to check his eyes. They knocked him out and took a blood test, but that's all they could do.

Other than that he seems healthy...I just thought I'd ask if any of you have had this problem with any of your animals?

Can't say as we have at my house. Maybe he got some kind of infection that settled in his eyes and it blinded him. I don't know really.

Nope, never heard of anything like that here. {Hope he gets well again though}

Ah, okay, just wondering. That's never happened with any of my other cats. (The only blind cat we had was blind because...well...he was one week old when we adopted him. He was found abandoned on school grounds. He didn't live long, unfortunately...died two weeks later. I cried my eyes out.)

In other news...

I'm hungry.

I had a roast pork sandwich (with "real" roast pork on bread) after I got home from work. It was supper's left-overs that I didn't feel like nuking in the microwave. I'm doing pretty good, now.

:smt039 Hi, there, Timothy! I was just wondering a bit ago if you were ever going to drop back in and say hi. I'm glad you did!

I still gotcha beat, though! :-D

Hey ,I just realized the time was an hour behind the actual time I posted, on my last post ,why is that ? I would have thought it somehow automaticallyadjusted itself for day light savings.

It doesn't automatically adjust, probably because there are some places in the world that do not have day-light savings time, even here in the US. If you go into your profile and set the time an hour earlier than the time you have on it, then it will be as it should be. Like my time was GMT-6 hours, and now I have it set on GMT-5 hours.

Daylight savings and time zones just generally confuse me...a lot. Especially 'cause my parents and little sister live in the Middle East, I do a lot of adding and subtracting of hours so I could get a grip on what time is it at their place...hehe.

Oh yes...I also seem to be winning.

(Although it's good to have you back Timothy.)

Back