Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Who Is "HE" That Is Taken Out Of The Way ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Paul was teaching the Church about the coming of the Lord and our gathering unto Him, and claifying to them and those of us who would read the scriptures afterward, that the Day of the Lord comes after the antichrist is revealed, at that the Lord would destroy him at His coming.

Some were teaching that the Day of Christ had come and gone; that the resurrection was past.

JLB
I understand that and agree.
But I don't see anything withholding the knowledge of who the king of the north is after he becomes the king of the north in Daniel 11:21.
If anyone has been watching the first 20 verses as they are being fulfilled,they should know who the king of the north is in Daniel 11:21 soon as he becomes king.
They wouldn't need to wait till verse 45 to know who he is.
And I might add,that those who believe the pharisees interpretation of the events in Daniel 11:1-20 obviously wouldn't be watching them being fulfilled in their lifetime as they have been led to believe those verses were fulfilled to thousands of years ago.

Daniel 12:10
Many will be purified, made spotless and refined, but the wicked will continue to be wicked. None of the wicked will understand, but those who are wise will understand.

No one who follows the pharisees interpretation of Daniel will be able to understand any of this.

Hi reddogs

I'm not sure I agree that pagan Rome was holding back the antichrist. Why or how would people be able to hold back the antichrist. I mean, pagan Rome is just a group of people who, by definition of pagan, don't honor the one true God. But wasn't that true of just about every other dynasty that ever held place upon the earth? Apart from Israel, there has never been a 'pagan' nation that didn't hold back the 'antichrist' as much or more than some group of people that you're referring to a 'pagan' Rome.

I think it takes a little stronger being to hold back the power of antichrist upon the earth.

God bless,
Ted
Very easily, the power of the empire and its persecution kept the early church small and faithful as people would not be eager to join those being hunted and imprisoned. But when the empire started to weaken we see a change taking place, Emperor Diocletian began the last great pagan persecution in which many early Christians and there meeting places and places of worship were tracked down and destroyed. But in Diocletian's days the Roman Empire began to come apart to the point it split into the Western and Eastern parts. Then came what many thought was the emperor that 'saved' the Christians, Constantine who with the defeat of Maxentin the Roman Emperor in the West where the church at Rome was, began to merge Christianity with paganism. So now the door was open for the church in Rome to grow, but it basically took on the old pagan worship and let these 'converts' help the bishop become the 'supreme pontiff' over the other Christian centers and spread its form of 'Christianity' across the empire. Thus Papal Rome became the center of the 'Christian' church as Jerusalem and the other Patriarchal centers were brushed aside, thus its name the "Roman" Catholic Church...

Hi reddogs

While I agree with your explanation of 'how' the RCC came to be and that it has always been a wicked copy of the true and pure worship of God, I'm still confident that nothing that happened in the days of the early church equals what happened in the 1930's and 40's to God's people, Israel. So, I find it hard to understand what happened in the days of the early church that was worse than trouble and persecution that has come since. Surely the Holocaust killed more Jews. Surely the christians weren't persecuted in some way that's worse than christians have ever been persecuted. I'm thinking of the city of Fez.

So, your treatise sounds good, but I don't think all of the evidences of the Scriptures fit your understanding.

God bless,
Ted

Hi reddogs

While I agree with your explanation of 'how' the RCC came to be and that it has always been a wicked copy of the true and pure worship of God, I'm still confident that nothing that happened in the days of the early church equals what happened in the 1930's and 40's to God's people, Israel. So, I find it hard to understand what happened in the days of the early church that was worse than trouble and persecution that has come since. Surely the Holocaust killed more Jews. Surely the christians weren't persecuted in some way that's worse than christians have ever been persecuted. I'm thinking of the city of Fez.

So, your treatise sounds good, but I don't think all of the evidences of the Scriptures fit your understanding.

God bless,
Ted
I think you misinterpreted "Gods people" as the Jews were told by Christ Himself they would loose the designation because of their unbelief and rejection of Gods prophets and Christ..

Matthew 21:43 King James Version

43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

And true believers grafted in...

Gentiles Who Believe In Jesus Grafted In​

If the dough offered as firstfruits is holy, so is the whole lump, and if the root is holy, so are the branches. But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, although a wild olive shoot, were grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing root of the olive tree, do not be arrogant toward the branches. If you are, remember it is not you who support the root, but the root that supports you. Then you will say, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.” That is true. They were broken off because of their unbelief, but you stand fast through faith. So do not become proud, but fear. For if God did not spare the natural branches, neither will he spare you. Note then the kindness and the severity of God: severity toward those who have fallen, but God's kindness to you, provided you continue in his kindness. Otherwise you too will be cut off. And even they, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God has the power to graft them in again. For if you were cut from what is by nature a wild olive tree, and grafted, contrary to nature, into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these, the natural branches, be grafted back into their own olive tree. Romans 11:16-24

Hi reddogs

"Therefore I say to you, the kingdom of God will be taken from you and given to a nation bearing the fruits of it.

I believe that one must always be mindful of the 'subject' of God's sentences.

Let me give you an example: Did God say that no man can eat pork or that the Israelites could not eat pork?

Jesus was talking to the leaders at that moment and the 'you' is the band of leaders standing before him. Yes, God is going to yank the His Kingdom from their hands and put it, or give it, to those who now follow the gospel. However, it doesn't change God's proclaimed relationship to the 'faithful' of Israel.

Just as Jesus told those same leaders that they were white-washed sepulchres, he directed that charge strictly to the leaders of God's people standing before them. God hasn't taken anything away from the 'nation of Israel'. In fact, they were still doing the work of God that He had assigned them when they cried out for His Son's death. They carried out the means by which our justification came. Just as the angel told Daniel that they would do.

To finish the transgression, To make an end of sins, To make reconciliation for iniquity, To bring in everlasting righteousness, To bring in everlasting righteousness,, And to anoint the Most Holy.

Now, some argue that the Jews failed in this, but I don't think they did. The Jews were God's people raised up by Him to do His bidding upon the earth. Even though the nation, as a whole, was always pretty wrong about their understanding of Him, He still was able to accomplish through the faithful ones, all that He wanted done.
Paul writes that the most important reason that there is Judaism, is that they were the people entrusted with the very oracles of God. Understand please, just as I wrote earlier despite Isreal's faithlessness, they accomplished what God raised them up to do!!!! They didn't fail in anything. They slaughtered the Lamb of God, the final Passover Lamb. That had to be done and God wasn't about to let the most dear thing to His heart be killed by wicked pagans!!! No!!!
The Jews did. They did that by sacrificing Jesus, just as they had been doing to earthly lambs for centuries. The writer of the words of Hebrew confirms it for us and tried to explain it that way to the Jewish people.

He then would have had to suffer often since the foundation of the world; but now, once at the end of the ages, He has appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself.

Make and end to sin.

By the death of Jesus, at their own hands, they had accomplished what God said that they needed to do.
To make reconciliation for iniquity,
The Jews did that through the death of Jesus!
To bring in everlasting righteousness,
What christian doesn't believe today that the death of Jesus has give believers everlasting righteousness? The Jews did that by sacrificing Jesus.

Do you not know? Have you not heart? The Jews are God's people. They are the apple of His eye, and despite their continued rebellion, just as with many christian believers, He still loves us and we are still able to hold on to His promises because of what Jesus did. What the Jews did to Jesus? That was all a part of God's plan of redemption.

But don't be misguided, Just as Jesus went down into the grave to preach to those who had gone before, God's word tells us that there's going to be a day that He (by His awesome power and good will) turn the hearts of Jacob back to Him. But today, today is the day that we all wait and even today, many, many Jews are beginning to understand 'who' Jesus is. God is already at work turning their hearts to Jacob, but I believe there will come a time that it becomes a groundswell movement. That Jesus will be preached all over Israel, in Jerusalem!

The Jews are God's people and I'd be very careful in misrepresenting them or making some claim that He no longer loves them as the apple of His eye. Yes, the killed the Savior. But I've read the whole book. I know that it was always God's plan that His people would work it all out upon the earth...for me and for you, and for all those pagan Gentiles who would come to faith. We are in that period of the chronology of the Scriptures. The period that Peter has written to us about. The time of God's patience. He worked out a plan of salvation right before our very eyes by first having everything written down that we would 'see' it as it unfolded. Remember what Jesus said when they were shouting and proclaiming him the Messiah. "Oh Jerusalem, Jerusalem. How I have longed to gather you like chicks, but you were unwilling."

They really should have known who he was. It was written in Daniel the 'when' that he would be here. But nobody thought at the time to figure that out. He stood before them in their synagogue and read to them all the things that Isaiah had written that the Messiah would do...And then he went out and did it. But nobody thought at the time to figure that out.

Even after Jesus had performed so many signs in their presence, they still would not believe in him. This was to fulfill the word of Isaiah the prophet: “Lord, who has believed our message and to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?” For this reason they could not believe, because, as Isaiah says elsewhere: “He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts, so they can neither see with their eyes, nor understand with their hearts, nor turn—and I would heal them.” Isaiah said this because he saw Jesus’ glory and spoke about him.
Who is 'HE'? Friend, if you know the answer to that, you also know that all that Israel did, including the final sacrifice for mankind's sin, was God's plan from the beginning.
Finally
And to anoint the Most Holy.

I think it was Mary Magdalene that did that for us. Another of God's faithful Jews who now believed in Jesus. Mary was the perfect person to anoint Jesus. She believed in him. What a vulgar thing for the Jewish leaders to have done so. And you know what? Nobody even knew it. No one was connecting the dots.

God bless,
Ted

Last edited:
Unchecked Copy Box
2Th 2:7
For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

Who is He ?
Who Takes him out of the way ?
When is he taken out of the way ?
Why is he taken out of the way?
This is pretty interesting. Since I think all of this is past, it would be interesting to see who and what and why these things happened. Since the he who will be taken out of the way is a person, and since he is restricting evil, we can deduce it is someone out of the "good" guys or kingdom of God. Why is, perhaps, the easier question in the past but difficult for the future as the past was unusually evil against the Kingdom of God but the future does not appear to be so in comparison with past generations. But this gives me something to think about.

Well, history shows that basically all the customs and idolatry of Pagan Rome slowly was let into the Christian church, led by those in Rome. The corruption of compromise and conformity was restrained for a time by the fierce persecutions which the early church suffered under paganism. But as persecution ceased, and Christianity was accepted, then she let in the old beliefs of pagan priests and rulers and allowed corruption and traditions to replace the pure truth of the church. As long as the Roman Emperors were persecuting or just tolerating the church, there was no way for the "mystery of iniquity" to be manifested.

But as the empire grew weak, and Constantine began giving the new entity a place to grow and removed the restraint, then the "mystery of iniquity" started to blossom. It fought all the other parts of the early church to secure control of the civil power and make them conform to the dogmas and tradition of this apostate form of religion of Rome. The faithful in the early church fought against it but it spread from Rome to Alexandria and the rest of the empire, so they decided to separate from the apostate church if she would not clear itself from the pagan falsehood and idolatry. But they then became the enemies of the false church and soon they were being excommunicated and called 'heretics' or worse. We then see the laws being put in place for this apostacy, as in 313 AD, the Edict of Milan ordered the restoration of property to the Christians. But it was quickly seized upon and twisted to secure the imperial recognition and the legal establishment of the Catholic Church.

By the the sixth century the papacy had become firmly established and the Papacy taken charge without any scriptural authority. Its seat of power was fixed in the imperial city, and the bishop of Rome was declared to be the head over the entire church. It is one of the leading doctrines of this apostate church is that the pope is the visible head of the universal church of Christ, invested with supreme authority over bishops and preachers in all the world. And we see that the pope has been given the very titles of divinity, called the ‘Lord God the Pope,’ and has been declared infallible.

The only power in history that clearly fits all these prophecies is the Papacy and this was clear to the Bible scholars from the Middle Ages on, and even today, But now as most churches of the Reformation have started to drift back to Rome under the drive to ecumenism it puts out, most Christians have moved away from this interpretation.

Hi reddogs

"Therefore I say to you, the kingdom of God will be taken from you and given to a nation bearing the fruits of it.

I believe that one must always be mindful of the 'subject' of God's sentences.

Let me give you an example: Did God say that no man can eat pork or that the Israelites could not eat pork?

Jesus was talking to the leaders at that moment and the 'you' is the band of leaders standing before him. Yes, God is going to yank the His Kingdom from their hands and put it, or give it, to those who now follow the gospel. However, it doesn't change God's proclaimed relationship to the 'faithful' of Israel.

Just as Jesus told those same leaders that they were white-washed sepulchres, he directed that charge strictly to the leaders of God's people standing before them. God hasn't taken anything away from the 'nation of Israel'. In fact, they were still doing the work of God that He had assigned them when they cried out for His Son's death. They carried out the means by which our justification came. Just as the angel told Daniel that they would do.

To finish the transgression, To make an end of sins, To make reconciliation for iniquity, To bring in everlasting righteousness, To bring in everlasting righteousness,, And to anoint the Most Holy.

Now, some argue that the Jews failed in this, but I don't think they did. The Jews were God's people raised up by Him to do His bidding upon the earth. Even though the nation, as a whole, was always pretty wrong about their understanding of Him, He still was able to accomplish through the faithful ones, all that He wanted done.
Paul writes that the most important reason that there is Judaism, is that they were the people entrusted with the very oracles of God. Understand please, just as I wrote earlier despite Isreal's faithlessness, they accomplished what God raised them up to do!!!! They didn't fail in anything. They slaughtered the Lamb of God, the final Passover Lamb. That had to be done and God wasn't about to let the most dear thing to His heart be killed by wicked pagans!!! No!!!
The Jews did. They did that by sacrificing Jesus, just as they had been doing to earthly lambs for centuries. The writer of the words of Hebrew confirms it for us and tried to explain it that way to the Jewish people.

He then would have had to suffer often since the foundation of the world; but now, once at the end of the ages, He has appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself.

Make and end to sin.

By the death of Jesus, at their own hands, they had accomplished what God said that they needed to do.
To make reconciliation for iniquity,
The Jews did that through the death of Jesus!
To bring in everlasting righteousness,
What christian doesn't believe today that the death of Jesus has give believers everlasting righteousness? The Jews did that by sacrificing Jesus.

Do you not know? Have you not heart? The Jews are God's people. They are the apple of His eye, and despite their continued rebellion, just as with many christian believers, He still loves us and we are still able to hold on to His promises because of what Jesus did. What the Jews did to Jesus? That was all a part of God's plan of redemption.

But don't be misguided, Just as Jesus went down into the grave to preach to those who had gone before, God's word tells us that there's going to be a day that He (by His awesome power and good will) turn the hearts of Jacob back to Him. But today, today is the day that we all wait and even today, many, many Jews are beginning to understand 'who' Jesus is. God is already at work turning their hearts to Jacob, but I believe there will come a time that it becomes a groundswell movement. That Jesus will be preached all over Israel, in Jerusalem!

The Jews are God's people and I'd be very careful in misrepresenting them or making some claim that He no longer loves them as the apple of His eye. Yes, the killed the Savior. But I've read the whole book. I know that it was always God's plan that His people would work it all out upon the earth...for me and for you, and for all those pagan Gentiles who would come to faith. We are in that period of the chronology of the Scriptures. The period that Peter has written to us about. The time of God's patience. He worked out a plan of salvation right before our very eyes by first having everything written down that we would 'see' it as it unfolded. Remember what Jesus said when they were shouting and proclaiming him the Messiah. "Oh Jerusalem, Jerusalem. How I have longed to gather you like chicks, but you were unwilling."

They really should have known who he was. It was written in Daniel the 'when' that he would be here. But nobody thought at the time to figure that out. He stood before them in their synagogue and read to them all the things that Isaiah had written that the Messiah would do...And then he went out and did it. But nobody thought at the time to figure that out.

Even after Jesus had performed so many signs in their presence, they still would not believe in him. This was to fulfill the word of Isaiah the prophet: “Lord, who has believed our message and to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?” For this reason they could not believe, because, as Isaiah says elsewhere: “He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts, so they can neither see with their eyes, nor understand with their hearts, nor turn—and I would heal them.” Isaiah said this because he saw Jesus’ glory and spoke about him.
Who is 'HE'? Friend, if you know the answer to that, you also know that all that Israel did, including the final sacrifice for mankind's sin, was God's plan from the beginning.
Finally
And to anoint the Most Holy.

I think it was Mary Magdalene that did that for us. Another of God's faithful Jews who now believed in Jesus. Mary was the perfect person to anoint Jesus. She believed in him. What a vulgar thing for the Jewish leaders to have done so. And you know what? Nobody even knew it. No one was connecting the dots.

God bless,
Ted
Well, was it just the leaders that suffered the loss.. https://www.britannica.com/event/Siege-of-Jerusalem-70

Jesus never stated that after His death, the Sabbath would be changed and celebrated on Sunday. Scripture is clear, the Sabbath was kept after Christ's resurrection, and onward by the early Christians.

Now Jesus foretold that Jerusalem would be destroyed by enemy armies. He warned His followers of the time of the invasion saying, "But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:" Matthew 24:20.

When the Roman legions destroyed Jerusalem in A.D. 70, the Christians had already safely fled from the city and were spared from death. Their departure was in the autumn and not on the holy Sabbath day. No Bible texts in the New Testament warrant a change of worship from Saturday to Sunday after Christ's resurrection and ascension.

Hi reddogs
Well, was it just the leaders that suffered the loss..
No. Of course not. But it was the leadership of the Jewish people that Jesus was speaking to and yes, after it was taken away, many suffered loss. Although, they really didn't have to suffer loss. They could have chosen to listen to the truth and believe in and follow after Jesus. But the Jewish leaders still prevented them, by making such people social outcasts among those that they had all of their life shared and worshipped with. It's a lot like we see today among the RCC. The RCC has made it known to all of their congregants that they can't be saved if they're not a part of the RCC. Now, it isn't widely touted proclamation, but it is introduced to them as they spend more time under the power of the RCC leadership. Just like the Jews in Jerusalem in Jesus' day.
Jesus never stated that after His death, the Sabbath would be changed and celebrated on Sunday. Scripture is clear, the Sabbath was kept after Christ's resurrection, and onward by the early Christians.
Nope! Jesus never said anything about changing the Sabbath, and as far as I'm aware, the day that believers if Christ choose to worship God and His Son and His Spirit, doesn't change the Sabbath. Here's the law of the Sabbat:
Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns.

God asked Israel to honor the day of Sabbath. Set it apart unto Him, and on that day do none of your regular 'work'. This was another thing that the Jewish leadership had messed up. But our worshipping God on Sunday doesn't change the Sabbath. Now, if that's the day that you choose not to work, then that day is the Sabbath to you. Remember, the Sabbath was made for man and not man for the Sabbath. Honestly, most people today don't honor a Sabbath to God. If you do, that's good of you. What day do you not do your work and do you do that because you have set that day apart to the Lord?

No Bible texts in the New Testament warrant a change of worship from Saturday to Sunday after Christ's resurrection and ascension.
That does seem to be a big issue for you. Maybe you should take it up with the Lord in prayer and ask Him to show you His desire for you to keep a day of Sabbath. You could do something like the fleece thing that Gideon did.

God bless,
Ted

Hi reddogs

No. Of course not. But it was the leadership of the Jewish people that Jesus was speaking to and yes, after it was taken away, many suffered loss. Although, they really didn't have to suffer loss. They could have chosen to listen to the truth and believe in and follow after Jesus. But the Jewish leaders still prevented them, by making such people social outcasts among those that they had all of their life shared and worshipped with. It's a lot like we see today among the RCC. The RCC has made it known to all of their congregants that they can't be saved if they're not a part of the RCC. Now, it isn't widely touted proclamation, but it is introduced to them as they spend more time under the power of the RCC leadership. Just like the Jews in Jerusalem in Jesus' day.

Nope! Jesus never said anything about changing the Sabbath, and as far as I'm aware, the day that believers if Christ choose to worship God and His Son and His Spirit, doesn't change the Sabbath. Here's the law of the Sabbat:
Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns.

God asked Israel to honor the day of Sabbath. Set it apart unto Him, and on that day do none of your regular 'work'. This was another thing that the Jewish leadership had messed up. But our worshipping God on Sunday doesn't change the Sabbath. Now, if that's the day that you choose not to work, then that day is the Sabbath to you. Remember, the Sabbath was made for man and not man for the Sabbath. Honestly, most people today don't honor a Sabbath to God. If you do, that's good of you. What day do you not do your work and do you do that because you have set that day apart to the Lord?

That does seem to be a big issue for you. Maybe you should take it up with the Lord in prayer and ask Him to show you His desire for you to keep a day of Sabbath. You could do something like the fleece thing that Gideon did.

God bless,
Ted
So do you keep the Sabbath?

No, I would say that I don't. Although I am retired so I don't really have a 'job' at which I work.

God bless,
Ted
So what will you say to Christ when He comes to take the saints to enter into the gates the kingdom in heaven...

Revelation 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Thats why its important, and we see what Christ says, that "not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven."

Hi reddogs
So what will you say to Christ when He comes to take the saints to enter into the gates the kingdom in heaven...
Thank you! With everything that is in me I will give thanks and praise to the Lord of hosts for His great mercy towards me. Knowing that when God looks at me, ...what He will see is His Son. I sincerely take the commandment of rest for my body, but I'm not tied to the seven day process. I think that's what Jesus meant when he said that the Sabbath was made for man and not man for the Sabbath. That God knows that it isn't good for man to work himself to death and with the greed and hate that was coming...He knew man would.

I mean, besides God saying to 'keep the day holy', which I understand means set apart for Him, which is the part that I have so often failed at, the commandment is not to work seven days a week. That's what it says and that's why I believe as I do about Jesus' words concerning the subject. So, I now worship God and hold a day, that I believe is held as holy unto God, but it isn't necessarily the same day that I don't work for that week.

Yes, I agree that such an explanation may seem convoluted and I may be wrong about it. So for all those who want to close up shop and go home and stay home from dusk on Friday until sunset on Saturday, I encourage them to do so. For me, it we are supposed to keep the Sabbath exactly as the Jews have always kept the Sabbath, then I'm going to definitely need that mirror image of Christ looking back at my Father. But it's also worth every believer remembering that it is not by keeping the law that we receive God's salvation.

God bless,
Ted

Hi reddogs

Thank you! With everything that is in me I will give thanks and praise to the Lord of hosts for His great mercy towards me. Knowing that when God looks at me, ...what He will see is His Son. I sincerely take the commandment of rest for my body, but I'm not tied to the seven day process. I think that's what Jesus meant when he said that the Sabbath was made for man and not man for the Sabbath. That God knows that it isn't good for man to work himself to death and with the greed and hate that was coming...He knew man would.

I mean, besides God saying to 'keep the day holy', which I understand means set apart for Him, which is the part that I have so often failed at, the commandment is not to work seven days a week. That's what it says and that's why I believe as I do about Jesus' words concerning the subject. So, I now worship God and hold a day, that I believe is held as holy unto God, but it isn't necessarily the same day that I don't work for that week.

Yes, I agree that such an explanation may seem convoluted and I may be wrong about it. So for all those who want to close up shop and go home and stay home from dusk on Friday until sunset on Saturday, I encourage them to do so. For me, it we are supposed to keep the Sabbath exactly as the Jews have always kept the Sabbath, then I'm going to definitely need that mirror image of Christ looking back at my Father. But it's also worth every believer remembering that it is not by keeping the law that we receive God's salvation.

God bless,
Ted
I appreciate your honest answer my. Brother. Without Gods mercy and grace, none of us would make it. May the Holy Spirit bless you and guide you in the fullness of God truth.

Unchecked Copy Box
For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

Who is He ?

”…letteth will let…”is archaic English/grammar. 2 Thessalonians 2:6-12 is briefly discussing how “false worship” was beginning to enter into the newly established Christian Congregation. Compare: Acts 15:24; 20:29; 1 Corinthians 15:12; 2 Timothy 2:7.

Consider 2 Thessalonians 2:13-17. The “he” seems to be referring to the Disciples and others like the Apostle Paul. “…taken out of the way” implies their deaths. After their deaths the “mystery of iniquity” exposes itself more and more up unto our present time.

”…letteth will let…”is archaic English/grammar. 2 Thessalonians 2:6-12 is briefly discussing how “false worship” was beginning to enter into the newly established Christian Congregation. Compare: Acts 15:24; 20:29; 1 Corinthians 15:12; 2 Timothy 2:7.

Consider 2 Thessalonians 2:13-17. The “he” seems to be referring to the Disciples and others like the Apostle Paul. “…taken out of the way” implies their deaths. After their deaths the “mystery of iniquity” exposes itself more and more up unto our present time.
For me , "he" is singular.

And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time.
2 Thessalonians 2:6

The "he" in verse 6 refers to the man of son, the lawess one or antichrist.

The antichrist or false messiah will be destroyed by the Lord at His coming.

And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming.
2 Thessalonians 2:8

JLB

Unchecked Copy Box

Who is He ?
He is the Holy Spirit and the churches of God taken out of the way of the last antichrist, who will then quit pretending to minister Christ's gospel, and show plainly he's ministering his own gospel of his own headship and godhood.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back