Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Who is the best pastor currently alive ?

JoJo said:
Panin said:
As far as the well know Tv personalities go, I think Charles Stanley is the best (IE the most biblically sound), apart from the fact that he hes says "Listen" about 100 times during a message.

I like Charles Stanley too. And you're right, he likes the word "listen" doesn't he? But have you noticed that when he says "Listen..." your ears perk up a little more?

Allthough he's not the only one I listen too, I've listened to Charles Stanley for years. I remember listening back in the early 80's and previous to that when Charles Stanley used to be a hard core Baptist yeller, and Whew did he yell his sermons, I saw spit come out of his mouth on more than one occasion. :lol However, he's calmed down quite a bit in the past 10 years though, and he's become much more easier on the ears. :lol

JoJo said:
Panin said:
As far as the well know Tv personalities go, I think Charles Stanley is the best (IE the most biblically sound), apart from the fact that he hes says "Listen" about 100 times during a message.

I like Charles Stanley too. And you're right, he likes the word "listen" doesn't he? But have you noticed that when he says "Listen..." your ears perk up a little more?
To be honest, it annoys me so much I cant listen to him that much.

Relic said:
Allthough he's not the only one I listen too, I've listened to Charles Stanley for years. I remember listening back in the early 80's and previous to that when Charles Stanley used to be a hard core Baptist yeller, and Whew did he yell his sermons, I saw spit come out of his mouth on more than one occasion. :lol However, he's calmed down quite a bit in the past 10 years though, and he's become much more easier on the ears. :lol

Wow! I can't imagine him yelling. lol He seems so calm and down to earth. My mom has always enjoyed watching his sermons and reading his books. One year my former boss and his wife went on one of Stanley's Alaskan cruises and they asked him to sign one of his books for my mom. Was so sweet!

Tissue said:
nyc christian said:
I bet comments like those must get you all sorts of ladies, sheesh its just a post to have fun and recognize the few men that give it all for Christ. Sometimes I wonder about some people on this forum are they here to build up others or maybe they are here to show off or to be wise guys.

Apologies; my post was not meant to be a personal assault on you, but rather, an assault on your idea (which is all too common in American Christianity).

Numbers mean nothing.

Forgive me, but that seems a tad too absolute. Numbers, of course, do mean something. While numbers should not be used as the final judge of significant ministry - let's not forget that Scripture does provide us with numbers - especially in Acts.

It specifically points out the number of believers that were brought into the Body of Christ.

The Barbarian said:
Joseph Ratzinger...
An accomplished scholar, a great pastor, religious teacher, and compassionate.
You forgot Nazi! :shades

I'm calling you on that one, Solo. Being conscripted in the Hitler Youth when he was 14, drafted into the military when he was 16 and deserting when the Allied forces made it possible for him to do so and spending time in a POW camp at the ripe old age of 18, hardly qualifies the guy as a Nazi.

You know, as he was being conscripted into Hitler's Youth, a cousin of his, who was also 14, who had Down's Syndrome, was taken away and killed during Hitlers eugenics program. I'm sure that he has had to struggle with real issues of how one forgives an enemy who kills a beloved cousin. I've a nephew with Down's Syndrome and I wonder how forgiving I would be if my own country's government took him away and killed him, then forced me to put on their uniform.

Maybe you were joking, if so, bad humor. Or, maybe you were just ignorant of the facts, if so, I'm glad to have set the record straight.

handy said:
I'm calling you on that one, Solo. Being conscripted in the Hitler Youth when he was 14, drafted into the military when he was 16 and deserting when the Allied forces made it possible for him to do so and spending time in a POW camp at the ripe old age of 18, hardly qualifies the guy as a Nazi.

You know, as he was being conscripted into Hitler's Youth, a cousin of his, who was also 14, who had Down's Syndrome, was taken away and killed during Hitlers eugenics program. I'm sure that he has had to struggle with real issues of how one forgives an enemy who kills a beloved cousin. I've a nephew with Down's Syndrome and I wonder how forgiving I would be if my own country's government took him away and killed him, then forced me to put on their uniform.

Maybe you were joking, if so, bad humor. Or, maybe you were just ignorant of the facts, if so, I'm glad to have set the record straight.
Maybe you are right, maybe not. Whatever the case may be, there are some very interesting readings at the cite posted.

ratzingernazi1.jpg

Ratzinger Pic

Ratzinger-h.jpg

http://www.remnantofgod.org/ratzingersalute.htm

http://www.remnantofgod.org/ratzinger.htm

Read the links.

My honest opinion: :verysick

However, we do stray from the topic.

My pick for the best pastor currently alive? A guy by the name of Chuck McIlhenny. He was the pastor of the Orthodox Presbyterian Church in San Francisco CA. Because he fired a pianist when he learned that the man was openly gay, and then was sued by the man and later won the court case, the McIlhenny's have had their house firebombed, their children's lives threatened, their church vandalized and face death threats.

But, that's not what makes him one of the best pastor's alive. What makes him one of the best pastor's alive is the fact that, even though the gay community has attacked him, his wife and his kids, bombed his house, vandalized his church and threatened death to him and his wife and kids, he still worked hard bringing aid, comfort and the gospel to gays in his neighborhood who were dying of AIDS, back when most preachers were calling AIDS "God's punishment" and preaching that they "got what they deserved".

Plus, he could preach a pretty mean sermon filled with the word of God!

I don't know if he is still pastoring at First OPC, but I think he's still alive.

Solo said:
handy said:

Maybe you are right, maybe not. Whatever the case may be, there are some very interesting readings at the cite posted.

ratzingernazi1.jpg

Ratzinger Pic

Ratzinger-h.jpg

http://www.remnantofgod.org/ratzingersalute.htm

http://www.remnantofgod.org/ratzinger.htm

Sadly 90 plus percent of the German Church abdicated the Christian cross is favour of the Swaztika, they adopted Hitlers new "Positive Christianity" removed the bible from the pulpit and replaced it with mein kamf and worshipped Hitler, and when the trains came passed, filled with screaming jews, they sang hymns louder to drown out the cries.

I'm near the end of reading a book called "Hitlers Cross" at the moment. The German people where mesemerized by the economic miracles Hitler pulled off, at one stage before Hitler stepped in filled with demonic power, it cost a German millions of marks for one loaf of bread. A wheell barrow used to carry millions of marks was worth more than the money. There currency had become worthless in the world at that time due to inflation run rampant. The powers that be are in the throws of manipulationg the same economic collapse world wide in order to usher in the antichrist who will pull of the same economic miracles on the world stage and blind the whole world, he will eventually be worshipped as god on earth.

Only a few pastors resisisted because in the end the nazi where killing Christians and bombing churches, Hitler effectively removed God from Germany and replaced Him with himself. Only a few (very very few )pastors ended up in the camps choseing to resisit Hitlers smashing of Christianty.

The same thing is happening right now in America.

in Jay Z's, latest smash hit "Empire State of Mind", he raps, Jesus can't save you, life starts when the church ends. Jay Z is a well know illumianti leader, AKA Nazi.

I wonder are we prepared to suffer for the cross of Christ if and when the time comes.

But back on topic, I'd say BonhoFfer would have to be one of the best pastors, even though some will say he was martyred for Political resitance rather than spirtual becuase he participated in a plot to assassinate Hilter.

No one can answer that question. Any number of them could be filled with the Holy Ghost at once. I'll take whichever one God has set aside for me.

My pick is Joel Osteen. He is inspirational helps me stay positive in this negative corrupt world.

I don't think any man who would thank God for Anisse Parker is any kind of pastor to listen to. Anyone who would thank God for a lesbian mayor hasn't a clue who God is. We certainly shouldn't rely on Joel Osteen for the truth.

I'm happy with my pastors. Dr. George C. Fuller is now assistant at our church but was the first pastor I had as a believer. I have never heard anyone teach the bible as well as he, live, on radio, tv, etc.

Currently alive? No clue.
But Pastor Terry Long of Calvary Chapel in Salt Lake City is the best I'd known face-to-face.

We were looking for a church home. His was small at the time but what the heck, we'll give it a go.

First time there he says to nobody in particular;

"If I say something you don't like please hold your peace. You can meet with me in my office after the service where I'll tell some more things you're not going to like."

Yep. We found our church home :lol
Moved from there to Pa in 2005. I miss him.

One of his common requests during the opening prayer included, "I pray that I stand out of the way of the Spirit and allow Him to do His work, not mine."

Boy did that church grow!

I enjoy John Mac Arthur. I am not exposed to many American Pastors, The pastor at the Church I belong to is sound in doctrine and cares for the church and the community. He is involved in bringing the young people that enter our local university into the Church. He is also involved in the lives of many of the older folk in our church and we have a good mix. Our local Baptist Church was started in the 1820's when our town began and is the oldest Baptist Church in South Africa.
When myself and my family were having difficult times he came to visit us personally, to guide and to pray for us. Since attending the church It has had three other pastors, one left for England, another passed away, the other was a temporary post until the church called our current pastor. I was baptized by my current pastor. He has also got me to be more involved in the local church and I currently am a leader in the mens ministry, and although I may not be the greatest speaker, I have stepped out of my protective layers that I have put around myself for years. That includes excessive drinking etc.
I would not think it fair to judge a pastor on the amount of people he brings into the church, but more on the correctness of the gospel he preaches. I personally feel that many of the larger more growing churches, like Joel Osteen's church, do not preach the real gospel and mislead many in the true meaning of the gospel. There are many great preachers out in the world, many great talkers, but the ones that are guided by the holy spirit and the ones that are scripturally sound, to me, are the great ones. Not the ones they show on TBN, they continually preach false gospel that corrupt the minds of so many. I hate money seeking churches, that teach prosperity only to fill their own coffers.

Ed the Ned said:
I enjoy John Mac Arthur. I am not exposed to many American Pastors, The pastor at the Church I belong to is sound in doctrine and cares for the church and the community. He is involved in bringing the young people that enter our local university into the Church. He is also involved in the lives of many of the older folk in our church and we have a good mix. Our local Baptist Church was started in the 1820's when our town began and is the oldest Baptist Church in South Africa.
When myself and my family were having difficult times he came to visit us personally, to guide and to pray for us. Since attending the church It has had three other pastors, one left for England, another passed away, the other was a temporary post until the church called our current pastor. I was baptized by my current pastor. He has also got me to be more involved in the local church and I currently am a leader in the mens ministry, and although I may not be the greatest speaker, I have stepped out of my protective layers that I have put around myself for years. That includes excessive drinking etc.
I would not think it fair to judge a pastor on the amount of people he brings into the church, but more on the correctness of the gospel he preaches. I personally feel that many of the larger more growing churches, like Joel Osteen's church, do not preach the real gospel and mislead many in the true meaning of the gospel. There are many great preachers out in the world, many great talkers, but the ones that are guided by the holy spirit and the ones that are scripturally sound, to me, are the great ones. Not the ones they show on TBN, they continually preach false gospel that corrupt the minds of so many. I hate money seeking churches, that teach prosperity only to fill their own coffers.
:grumpy

Don't know why you and other find it impossible to say which pastor inspires you with out attacking someone else. Osteen is not a false teacher. Also, I do not listen to Mr. Osteen to be told what the truth is. I am a literate adult. I am able to discern meaning for myself. I will pray God heals your angry spirit.

olsteen simply cant say that those that havent recieved the Lord as savior are doomed to hell if they dont repent. He was asked on the Larry King about all those muslims and buddists if they were going to heaven. His is answer i'm not sure.

The bible is clear on this. You need to be born again to get to heaven, if not you are condemned already. Not a popular thing to say, but it is what Jesus said.

I wont Listen to someone that cant say that all who dont know jesus are going to hell. It needs to be told.
Would we visit a doc when we have a sickness and the doc knows we have months to live or have cancer but is afraid to hurt our feelings and fails to tell us of our condition. I think that Doc would be out of business. No different with salvation. WE all have had a sickness called sin and we will die from it unless Dr.Jesus cures us.

Back