Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Who is this Christ at the right hand of God?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
God is spirit, but he resides in a human body in the person of Jesus Christ, who sits at the right hand of God. Does that make sense?

Anth said:
Then, the obvious question (that I asked earlier) - if that is the human person/ego/I is seen sitting at the right hand of God as Col 3 states, where is the divine person/ego/I of Jesus I hear about located at ??

Thanks,
Anth
He is in us, we are conforming to His image.

God is spirit, but he resides in a human body in the person of Jesus Christ, who sits at the right hand of God. Does that make sense?

Azlan

So what I think I hear is that Jesus God the Son dwells in the man Christ Jesus our mediator - so there are then two Jesus' - Am I understanding you correctly?

Which one do you think is in view in Col 3:1?

Best,
Anth

No. I'm saying that just as we humans are spirits in human shells, so is the God Jesus in his human shell. For when he was crucified, they only broke the body. Of course, Jesus resurrected with a glorified human body. So there is only one Jesus. Now Colossians 3:1 is basicly saying that we have been given new life through Christ's resurrection and are new creations. Therefore, as the verse says, we should set our sights on the things of God.

Az

Thanks for the clarification of your thinking.

Our bodies of shells of our human spirits. All men have human spirits. To be human is to have a human spirit.

The question is - what happened to the genuine Man Christ Jesus' human spirit?

Thanks,
Anth

Anth said:
Az

Thanks for the clarification of your thinking.

Our bodies of shells of our human spirits. All men have human spirits. To be human is to have a human spirit.

The question is - what happened to the genuine Man Christ Jesus' human spirit?

Thanks,
Anth
He is the God-man; truly man, truly God.

Jesus is God...the Mighty God, the Everlasting Father.
He was the Son of God as a man on this earth, but He is God the Creator, nonetheless.
Isaiah 9:6 said:
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
We should look at Jesus as He is today....hair like wool...voice like many waters.
Rev. 1:10-18 said:
I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea. And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength. And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
God...voice like many waters.
Ezekiel 43:2 said:
And, behold, the glory of the God of Israel came from the way of the east: and his voice was like a noise of many waters: and the earth shined with his glory.
Then we see here...the Ancient of Days....hair like wool
Daniel 7:9 said:
I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.

Hi Free

The question is - WHO is the "He"

The Human Person/Ego/I - that cried out "not MY will be done but THY will be done"???

Or, the Divine Logos/God the Son???

Best,
Anth

God is a spirit, and that spirit is inside of the human shell whom we call Emmanuel (or Jesus). So God and his human body are in the same place: sitting on a throne at the right hand side of the Father. Does it make more sense now?

I guess I am wondering where the Jesus Human Spirit is.... after all he is fully man made just like his brethern.... (Heb 1:17?)

Also, Col 3:2 does not say he was sitting next to the throne of the Father but the throne of God... And why would God be sitting next to the throne of God in the first place...

This just keeps getting stranger and stranger....

Best,
Anth

Oh! Jesus never had a human spirit. And Scripture reads that Jesus physically sits at the right hand of the Father. When you get used to understanding that God is a triune God, it doesn't seem so confusing anymore.

Anth said:
I guess I am wondering where the Jesus Human Spirit is.... after all he is fully man made just like his brethern.... (Heb 1:17?)

Also, Col 3:2 does not say he was sitting next to the throne of the Father but the throne of God... And why would God be sitting next to the throne of God in the first place...

This just keeps getting stranger and stranger....

Best,
Anth
It is the Spirit of Christ in us.

azlan88 said:
Oh! Jesus never had a human spirit. And Scripture reads that Jesus physically sits at the right hand of the Father. When you get used to understanding that God is a triune God, it doesn't seem so confusing anymore.
right! because Christ was never created, He always was, and then He came in the flesh.

All right Az, now you have really got me messed up....

Jesus never had a human spirit
- BUT

Heb 2:17 said Jesus was made in ALL POINTS LIKE HIS BRETHERN... that means JUST LIKE US. Do we have a human spirit or not??? Yes!! Therefore, Jesus MUST have had a human spirit. In fact, Jesus could not have been a man if he did not have a human spirit and the Scriptures are clear - Jesus is a man (ITim 2:5).

And Scripture reads that Jesus physically sits at the right hand of the Father
- BUT

Col 3:1 says "where Christ is seated at the right hand of God" Scripture says GOD not Father.... If GOD was genuinely tri-personal, we would have Jesus sitting next the F, Jesus and the HS....

3. You still have me wondering why God would not be sitting in the same throne as God. And, worse, why would the same being be sitting in a separate throne in the first place....

Somehow there has to be some sense in here because it seems like we are plummeting in the abyss faster and faster...

Best,
Anth

If you take Hebrews 2:17 that literally, then you would also have to say that Jesus was not God. But the Bible clearly says that Jesus is God, so we can safely say that Jesus had no human spirit.

If you take Hebrews 2:17 that literally, then you would also have to say that Jesus was not God.

Of course I take Heb 2:17 literally - don't you??? How else do you think it should be taken??

But the Bible clearly says that Jesus is God, so we can safely say that Jesus had no human spirit.

The Bible clearly teaches that Jesus is a man (ITim2:5 plus about 20 more vss inc. Jn8:40). Therefore Jesus MUST have had a human spirit.

You have left me with a complete contradiction in your denial of the human spirit of Jesus - and your denial of taking a straightforward teaching of Heb2:17 ( :verysad )

Best,
Anth

There seems to be a misunderstanding. Allow me to put it this way: Take the words, "made in all points like his brethren." If you take the word "made" literally, then you would say that Jesus was a created creature. But it is written in the Bible that Jesus was not made, but is God's "only begotten Son." The Arians, who are blasphemers, claim that Jesus was not begotten, but made, and you are not an Arian, are you? So sometimes you have to compare scripture with scripture, and a very literal interpretation of text is not always correct. Just the same, when the text reads that Jesus was made "in all points" like his brethren, you can make the same fatal error.

Az,

Please be assured that I am not an Arian - however, I don't really care about any traditions - only the Word of God....

But it is written in the Bible that Jesus was not made, but is God's "only begotten Son."

Being God's only begotten son does not mean that Jesus was not created - in fact I would tend to think that it would indicate that he was created - since a son is created by his father...

In fact this very text states that Jesus was "made"....

Best,
Anth

Anth said:

Hi Free

The question is - WHO is the "He"

The Human Person/Ego/I - that cried out "not MY will be done but THY will be done"???

Or, the Divine Logos/God the Son???

Best,
Anth
My point is that the Bible doesn't say. This is why the Church at large considers this a mystery. All the Bible says is that the Son took on human flesh; He is the God-man. You are trying to split the mystery which can't, and shouldn't, be done.

Free

I appreciate your thought - however, I am at a loss.

We don't even know who saved us???

We don't even know who was that cried out God "not My will be done..."

We don't know know who it is that is sitting next God???

What kind of religion is this?? What kind of Savior is that - whom is not even known by those who claim his name...

I am especially bothered by these same people condemning others for not believing whatever it is that they believe - but then not even knowing what it is that they believe. OUCH!!!! :crying

Best,
Anth

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back