Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

why "answersingenesis" is scary

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
P

peace4all

when you see an add like this, you know someone has gone nuts.

bigbanneroctobercz1.jpg

This time, you know we can all stand together
With the power to be powerful
Believing, we can make it better
We're all someone's daughter
We're all someone's son
How long can we look at each other
Down the barrel of a gun?
  • You're The Voice - Rebecca St. James

Vic C. said:
Why or how would God be scared of anything?

he means it as "a nonbeluiever is more scared of a gun, than the nonbeliever is scared that God won't love him" or something to that effect. its not about God being scared :-P

Why isn't that banner scary! Why should you have to threaten people and make them feel like crap to go to god?

I am with peace4all. This is utter idiocy and down-right crazy.

If you don't matter to God, you don't matter to anyone
Everybody matters to God. If we did not, then why would God create us? Does God just do random acts to which He doesn't know the reason? Is he an idiot like H.P. Lovecraft's Azazoth?

peace4all said:
... Why isn't that banner scary! Why should you have to threaten people and make them feel like crap to go to god?
Who is threatening whom? Is that how you view the banner? You think it is a believer behind the trigger? You got it all wrong, if that's what you think.

BTW, I knew exactly what Quath was trying to say. I was just showing how his statement could be misconstrued. It would have been better to say, "Nonbelievers are more scared of guns than they are of God." Rightly so if all they cling to is this life.

But I would say because I have faith and hope in an afterlife with God, that gun could only take from me my physical life here on Earth. I pray you all discover the same hope we have.

Ok, first of all, we all know God loves us and he will NEVER forsake us. So that whole banner thing is false.

It certainly portrays that the person behind hte trigger is Christian, saying as if "If you don't matter to god, your life is a waste, you might as well get shot, no one will be sad, no one will come to your funeral, No one will care."

Its just horrible!

Gendou Ikari said:
I am with peace4all. This is utter idiocy and down-right crazy.

Everybody matters to God. If we did not, then why would God create us? Does God just do random acts to which He doesn't know the reason? Is he an idiot like H.P. Lovecraft's Azazoth?

I agree. My Sunday school teacher is always saying "God don't make no junk". (I live in the country...can you tell? LOL)

Nikki,

The thing is, the banner is not complete, and not in context...the AIG site is actually saying that very thing (Man is made in God's image, and we should value life), and showing how evolution teaches otherwise...it is being misrepresented in this thread.

Click the link everyone. The Lord bless you.

Vic C. said:
BTW, I knew exactly what Quath was trying to say. I was just showing how his statement could be misconstrued. It would have been better to say, "Nonbelievers are more scared of guns than they are of God." Rightly so if all they cling to is this life.
I got a good chuckle out of it. :-D

peace4all said:
when you see an add like this, you know someone has gone nuts.
The statement: "If you do not matter to God" is just not an accurate statement to make. Everyone matters to God. He does not ever give up on anyone at anytime. They give up on Him. Each individual has a choice and a decision to make. Life or death, blessings or curse, sickness or health, poverty or prosperity. God is hoping that everyone will make the right decision. But it is up to them to decide what they want to do. God does not decide for us. We have free will.

JohnR said:
The statement: "If you do not matter to God" is just not an accurate statement to make. Everyone matters to God. He does not ever give up on anyone at anytime. They give up on Him. Each individual has a choice and a decision to make. Life or death, blessings or curse, sickness or health, poverty or prosperity. God is hoping that everyone will make the right decision. But it is up to them to decide what they want to do. God does not decide for us. We have free will.

It's debatable whether God does or not decide for us. But, one thing is sure, yoiu misunderstand. "If you do not matter to God" is not a statement, as you think it is.

If we evolved from lower life forms, then the Bible can’t be trusted and life’s supposed billion-year history is one of continual death and struggle. If the Bible isn’t true, then why should we be fair and kind and love our fellow human beings, as the Bible teaches? After all, evolution relies on survival of the fittestâ€â€no matter who gets in the way.

The Bible says something very different. Genesis tells us that we are created in God’s image. We matter to Godâ€â€we are fearfully and wonderfully made.

Poke said:
If we evolved from lower life forms, then the Bible can’t be trusted and life’s supposed billion-year history is one of continual death and struggle. If the Bible isn’t true, then why should we be fair and kind and love our fellow human beings, as the Bible teaches? After all, evolution relies on survival of the fittestâ€â€no matter who gets in the way.
There are two reasons we are kind to one another. One is biology. We are more fit as a species because we do care and take care of one another. The second is because we live with a social contract. If we misbehave, society punishes us. So it is to an individual's advantage to follow society's rules.

There are two reasons we are kind to one another. One is biology. We are more fit as a species because we do care and take care of one another. The second is because we live with a social contract. If we misbehave, society punishes us. So it is to an individual's advantage to follow society's rules.

I cannot say whether or not I believe in Evolution, but I do not believe in morality because I believe in God. Morality is something we should all follow not because God tells us too or because our biology says so. Morality comes from the the infinite nothing of nothingness. Some Eastern Philosophers call this Nothing the Tao[Way]. It simply is.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back