Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

why "answersingenesis" is scary

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Gendou Ikari said:
I cannot say whether or not I believe in Evolution, but I do not believe in morality because I believe in God. Morality is something we should all follow not because God tells us too or because our biology says so. Morality comes from the the infinite nothing of nothingness. Some Eastern Philosophers call this Nothing the Tao[Way]. It simply is.

Since you have denied Jesus Christ as the Way, the Truth, and the Life; why don't you leave this Christian forum and grow into your unbelief with the Taoists, or Buddhists, or whatever ists you prefer. Believers are really tired of giving you advice and then have you bring your heresies onto this forum. Your satanic yinyang symbol is quite sickening as well.

I would prefer to say Welcome to the family of God, but since you continually reject God's word, I way Good bye and Good luck whatever your name is.

We all see things differently, huh?
Have you ever been threatened with a gun? Christian or non such?

Daniels three friends were to be executed for not bowing down to the golden image, the king even put the safety switch on for a second chance change of mind for these guys looking down the gun barrel. (so to speak)
If they would only bow down to the image, their life would be spared he stated.

Their reply was the same, God is able to deliver us, yet, if not, they were still to remain faithful & would not bow down to the satan's image! (again, bottom line)

The barrel of satan's gun or the Everlasting Gospel's knowledge of threats of death & mockings, from evil toward Christ (and His servants) Himself comes in many forms! :crying: Mark 14:63-65 & Matthew 10:34-39 & (Matthew 10:25-27) verse 25-27.

I suspect that when one truly became, or becomes a Born Again Christian, the baptismal vow was meaning this in bottom line! All else is selling ones soul for a pot of potage, or as when looking down the barrel of satan forced worship, or in this case, forced not to worship the True God!? Like the Revelation 17:1-5's one millions + of santanic Romes executions! :sad And then of course, we see that most do not need the gun pointing at them in the first place, huh? They just accept all of the devils stuff without any spiritual care to begin with, and just bow on down! :sad

---John

First, I must say the add has no profound effect on me at first glance. This impart is probably due to the fact that I am aware it is a banner add and also because I have to some degree been desensitized to such things. My desensitization came about by the various movies, TV, and video games I have been exposed to over the years. Of course it is my personal opinion that a large reason the add does not bother me is because I realize that it is merely an image on a computer screen.

In any event, after the initial glance at the image and some thought about it I have come to the conclusion that such banners are a little ridiculous. I realize that for some individuals shock and awe, or fire and brimstone, may be effective (and the very thing needed) to compel someone to look toward, or even seriously consider, God. However, it seems to me that most people do not response well to such things. I personally think people should seek to serve others while presenting the gospel to them. In other words show love and compassion, not shock and awe (or fire and brimstone) to those you witness to.

Of course, I realize I am talking about a banner aid and showing love and compassion to someone reading it is pretty much impossible, however; I don’t really see the value of scaring a person into something. As a matter of fact the various posts from nonbelievers on this particular topic shows how ineffective such a banner add is.

On another note I have to say something about this:

peace4all said:
It certainly portrays that the person behind hte trigger is Christian, saying as if "If you don't matter to god, your life is a waste, you might as well get shot, no one will be sad, no one will come to your funeral, No one will care."

Its just horrible!
(Emphasis mine)

Really? Interesting, it seems more likely that your preconceived notions have more to do with what you see then what is really there. It is entirely possible that considering it is on a supposedly Christian website and you are discussing it on a Christian website has more to do with what makes you think “the person behind the trigger is Christian.â€Â

In any event I don’t see how you can be so certain that everyone sees what you see. In fact the posts in reaction to your statement prove otherwise. Just something to think about. I would suggest you try not making such bold statements in the future without giving them the due thought that is needed. Please understand I am not saying I have not done the same myself. In any event it just something you might want to consider because it seems that many times your responses to various things are driven more by emotion then anything else.

Solo said:
Since you have denied Jesus Christ as the Way, the Truth, and the Life; why don't you leave this Christian forum and grow into your unbelief with the Taoists, or Buddhists, or whatever ists you prefer. Believers are really tired of giving you advice and then have you bring your heresies onto this forum. Your satanic yinyang symbol is quite sickening as well.

I would prefer to say Welcome to the family of God, but since you continually reject God's word, I way Good bye and Good luck whatever your name is.

Solo,

I can’t help but shake my head when I read what you posted. Let me pose you two questions, and please spend sometime thinking about this before you respond:

Has God given up on Gendou Ikari, or any of us? That being the case do you think we as Christian should give up him, or others?

I understand your frustration Solo but it seems to me that there is a great deal of emotion in your response and not much love or compassion. Please understand I am not trying to single you out or belittle you, or claim that I am better then you in such regard. I just often find myself “shaking my head†to certain posts you give.

Alright, I have said my piece. Please understand everyone that I am not trying to say I am better then others or above error myself, but I do believe something had to be said.

Nocturnal_Principal_X said:
Solo,

I can’t help but shake my head when I read what you posted. Let me pose you two questions, and please spend sometime thinking about this before you respond:

Has God given up on Gendou Ikari, or any of us? That being the case do you think we as Christian should give up him, or others?

I understand your frustration Solo but it seems to me that there is a great deal of emotion in your response and not much love or compassion. Please understand I am not trying to single you out or belittle you, or claim that I am better then you in such regard. I just often find myself “shaking my head†to certain posts you give.

Alright, I have said my piece. Please understand everyone that I am not trying to say I am better then others or above error myself, but I do believe something had to be said.
I am not frustrated with dear Gendou. I just wipe my feet off and tell him to take his satanic avatar to a site that he agrees with and stop infiltrating this forum with his unbelief. If he is here to seek God that is one thing, but if he is here to continue his antichristian behavior, then goodbye. God does not give up on anyone, but God does not put up with unbelief and satanic interference.

10 But into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you not, go your ways out into the streets of the same, and say, 11 Even the very dust of your city, which cleaveth on us, we do wipe off against you: notwithstanding be ye sure of this, that the kingdom of God is come nigh unto you. 12 But I say unto you, that it shall be more tolerable in that day for Sodom, than for that city. 13 Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works had been done in Tyre and Sidon, which have been done in you, they had a great while ago repented, sitting in sackcloth and ashes. 14 But it shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the judgment, than for you. 15 And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted to heaven, shalt be thrust down to hell. 16 He that heareth you heareth me; and he that despiseth you despiseth me; and he that despiseth me despiseth him that sent me. Luke 10:10-16

When you have combated satan in the many areas that I have, then you can recognize his presence and what to do in each situation. Do you remember when Jesus told Peter, "Get thee behind me satan"? There are two states of existance in this world today; either you are a child of God, or you are a child of satan. There is no inbetween. If there is another state, let me know. Until Gendou becomes a child of God, he is a child of satan. Would you agree with that? God came to me when I was saved and he spoke to me with that still small voice and said that I may never get the opportunity to believe the gospel of Jesus Christ again, so today is the day. If Gendou doesn't believe today, then perhaps he will believe tomorrow, but taking the chance that tomorrow comes is quite a chance.

I am not frustrated with dear Gendou. I just wipe my feet off and tell him to take his satanic avatar to a site that he agrees with and stop infiltrating this forum with his unbelief. If he is here to seek God that is one thing, but if he is here to continue his antichristian behavior, then goodbye. God does not give up on anyone, but God does not put up with unbelief and satanic interference.

10 But into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you not, go your ways out into the streets of the same, and say, 11 Even the very dust of your city, which cleaveth on us, we do wipe off against you: notwithstanding be ye sure of this, that the kingdom of God is come nigh unto you. 12 But I say unto you, that it shall be more tolerable in that day for Sodom, than for that city. 13 Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works had been done in Tyre and Sidon, which have been done in you, they had a great while ago repented, sitting in sackcloth and ashes. 14 But it shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the judgment, than for you. 15 And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted to heaven, shalt be thrust down to hell. 16 He that heareth you heareth me; and he that despiseth you despiseth me; and he that despiseth me despiseth him that sent me. Luke 10:10-16

When you have combated satan in the many areas that I have, then you can recognize his presence and what to do in each situation. Do you remember when Jesus told Peter, "Get thee behind me satan"? There are two states of existance in this world today; either you are a child of God, or you are a child of satan. There is no inbetween. If there is another state, let me know. Until Gendou becomes a child of God, he is a child of satan. Would you agree with that? God came to me when I was saved and he spoke to me with that still small voice and said that I may never get the opportunity to believe the gospel of Jesus Christ again, so today is the day. If Gendou doesn't believe today, then perhaps he will believe tomorrow, but taking the chance that tomorrow comes is quite a chance.

All right, I am a Child of Satan. But my stance has to do with Love, rather than my Fathers's quest to be God. I have stated many times, that even if I found out Christian Fundamentalism to be the truth of this Universe, I would not bow to your God. It is easy for an Omnipotent being to float in Heaven and pass Judgment. It is easy for God to condemn souls to hell for being less than he is - racism. God created humans imperfect and now he is judging them for being imperfect.

Have God become a human for one week, and He will gain sympathy for us. Have God become imperfect, and he will gain sympathy for us.

Also, Solo, aren't Christians supposed to use the Bible to supposedly destroy people like me, so shouldn't you welcome a few people like me, Quath, and Peaceforall. If you never test your beliefs they mean nothing.

I think the ad is supposing what people may think and not what God thinks. If a person starts thinking: "I don't matter to God" or "There is no God" then they will start thinking that nothing matters, people included. And if people don't really matter, then it doesn't matter that they shoot someone.

At least I hope thats what the ad is trying to get across. I can't decide if I like it. It does come across like its just a threat, but it does catch attention. And I don't think its meant to be a threat.

Solo said:
Noted

Solo said:
When you have combated satan in the many areas that I have, then you can recognize his presence and what to do in each situation. Do you remember when Jesus told Peter, "Get thee behind me satan"? There are two states of existance in this world today; either you are a child of God, or you are a child of satan. There is no inbetween. If there is another state, let me know. Until Gendou becomes a child of God, he is a child of satan. Would you agree with that?
Perhaps that is true but I do not really see the point in saying to someone “You are a child of Satan.†Perhaps in my desire to seem compassionate and loving to people I erroneously stay clear of such harsh speech. Perhaps I should be less tactful and more blunt.

God came to me when I was saved and he spoke to me with that still small voice and said that I may never get the opportunity to believe the gospel of Jesus Christ again, so today is the day. If Gendou doesn't believe today, then perhaps he will believe tomorrow, but taking the chance that tomorrow comes is quite a chance.
Good point.

Gendou Ikari said:
Have God become a human for one week, and He will gain sympathy for us.
Hmmm, He did. He did through Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ was both fully God and fully man.

Nocturnal, I was using "christian" in the loose term where as, all people who practice the faith (and the diffrent sects and varieties of it) are Christians.

IF everyone here wrote down all their beliefs, so many people would say "your not a real christian, your not a real christian, your not either. "

The site it came from, I don't really follow as a "Good" Christian site. I see it as more of an agenda-propaganda-fact-twisting site. so I see the person as more of "That" kind of Christian...

Reminds me of a great political cartoon i just saw..

bagley.gif

( didnt think i needed to not hotlink this photo, cuz it is from MSNNBC... If you want me to, I can change that...)

Hmmm, He did. He did through Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ was both fully God and fully man.

Only one-third of the Godhead became human if you follow the Trinity belief. I want God to empty the totality of His essence into a human form. God, with Jesus being human, was still God. Two-thirds was God and since even one-third would be omnipotent, it doesn't make a difference.

Gendou Ikari said:
All right, I am a Child of Satan. But my stance has to do with Love, rather than my Fathers's quest to be God. I have stated many times, that even if I found out Christian Fundamentalism to be the truth of this Universe, I would not bow to your God. It is easy for an Omnipotent being to float in Heaven and pass Judgment. It is easy for God to condemn souls to hell for being less than he is - racism. God created humans imperfect and now he is judging them for being imperfect.

Have God become a human for one week, and He will gain sympathy for us. Have God become imperfect, and he will gain sympathy for us.

Also, Solo, aren't Christians supposed to use the Bible to supposedly destroy people like me, so shouldn't you welcome a few people like me, Quath, and Peaceforall. If you never test your beliefs they mean nothing.

42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. 43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. 44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. 45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not. John 8:42-45

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. 24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me. John 14:23-24

18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth. 19 And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him. 20 For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things. 21 Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God. 22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight. 23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment. 24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us. 1 John 3:18-24

Nocturnal_Principal_X said:
If ever man is sinful and if Jesus was not sinful then Jesus was not a man.

If God really did want to experience humanity, he should have experienced it as a sinner to know what humans really deal with.

If ever man is sinful and if Jesus was not sinful then Jesus was not a man.

If God really did want to experience humanity, he should have experienced it as a sinner to know what humans really deal with.

Exactly, Jesus became a transcendent human, or whatever you want to call it. Jesus Christ did not experience sin, because he did not sin. He still maintained his perfection, just in lesser form.

Quath, I used to mock people like you, but you are pretty smart. :-D

Quath wrote: If every man is sinful and if Jesus was not sinful then Jesus was not a man.

That is assumming that sinfulness is a requirement for us to be considered human. Which is incorrect in my perspective because we were considered human before the sin.

Quath wrote: If God really did want to experience humanity, he should have experienced it as a sinner to know what humans really deal with.

Gendou wrote: Exactly, Jesus became a transcendent human, or whatever you want to call it. Jesus Christ did not experience sin, because he did not sin. He still maintained his perfection, just in lesser form.

And how does one experience sin? Do you remember? He did not sin but experienced the consequences of it as a sinner would. He experienced sin more than us in fact. We actually don't have to fully experience sin because of Him.

Veritas said:
That is assumming that sinfulness is a requirement for us to be considered human. Which is incorrect in my perspective because we were considered human before the sin.
My poimnt is if Jesus is the only being not to sin, then he did not experience humanity as everyone else did. He never had to deal with doing something wrong and feeling bad about it later.

It would be like goint to another country and never leaving the hotel to experience the country. If Jesus never sinned, then he did not experience everything that every other human does experience.

Quath,
I see your point. I agree He never had to deal with doing something wrong and feeling bad about it later. But I don't think it proves Jesus wasn't human, do you still think it does?

Veritas said:
I see your point. I agree He never had to deal with doing something wrong and feeling bad about it later. But I don't think it proves Jesus wasn't human, do you still think it does?
I guess it is more of a theological point or a philosophical one. If you say that all humans sin but Jesus, you can classify Jesus as human with that statement. However, that statement also shows that Jesus did not experience one of the core attributes of humanity.

But Jesus also missed out on other things that define humanity as well like dealing with old age, raising children and getting married.

Hi everyone,

First of all, Christ didn't come to "experience" humanity...this is the wrong idea entirely. Christ came to be an atonement for sin for us. (Romans 5:6-10) This was the Father's plan. (John 3:16) He came in the flesh (1 John 4:2) (John 1:14-18), was tempted by Satan (as Adam was), and resisted in His humaness. (Hebrews 4:15) He walked in the flesh without sinning once...could any of us do that (???) (Romans 3:10-18) He became our sin and bore the bruising of His Father (Isaiah 53:4-10), and then He said, "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?" that is to say, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" (Matthew 27:46) What will it be like to have Him turn from us in that day if we are not His? (Revelation 20:13-15) It made even the Son of God fear in the garden (Matthew 26:39), and it should make us tremble. (Matthew 10:28) "O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt." What cup? (Isaiah 51:17-23) The bitter cup of the wrath of God that could not be filled with the blood of animal sacrifices, but only by the Holy blood of the Lamb of God being slaughtered. This is the price to redeem a creature once again to a Holy Creator who loves us, and it was while we were yet sinners that it was paid, (Romans 5:8) and is only there for us to receive if we will love Him, and submit our lives in trust to Him. I don't mean to offend any here but read the Word of God in earnest, and pray that He give you ears to hear, and eyes to see, before you mock, scorn, or reject, Him...I plead with you to do that for your sake.

Matthew 13:16-17
"16 But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.
17 For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them."

Consider these Words...

Matthew 10:32:39
"32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.
34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it. "

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back