Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Why are we so holy when we are in church?

Classik

Have you noticed that most people appear so holy when they are in church? They look like angels and appearing so friendly and spiritual. But when they leave the church and the presense of the assembly they turn into something else. Why? Why are some so different at home? :dunno :shrug :confused

Cause mama said you would get a whippen if you arn't good!

We the people are the church so it makes no sense.... we wont smoke in church.. etc etc

YOUR ONLY MADE holy BY Jesus HOLY means sanctified-set apart. if we act one way in church and different out side of church that is not holy. but God house should be respected...

I don't act so holy in church and not so holy out of church. As far as I can see, I'm consistent, i.e. what they see in life they get in church and vice versa. We all understand each other. One time we had some church gathering in a restaurant. I went to the bar drinking with the ladies. :lol

I am more like tim, except I dont drink alcohol either place. Sometimes I don't recognize people out of context
and may seem less friendly because I feel awkward and embarasses. But we are otherwise the same at home
as at church or at a restraunt. When I am in pain I get grouchy no matter where I am. I am not good at smiling and covering up my feelings. So what you see is what you get.

Have you noticed that most people appear so holy when they are in church? They look like angels and appearing so friendly and spiritual. But when they leave the church and the presense of the assembly they turn into something else. Why? Why are some so different at home? :dunno :shrug :confused

I don't want all ya'll takin about me after Church. :crazy

I am more like tim, except I dont drink alcohol either place. Sometimes I don't recognize people out of context and may seem less friendly because I feel awkward and embarasses. But we are otherwise the same at home as at church or at a restraunt. When I am in pain I get grouchy no matter where I am. I am not good at smiling and covering up my feelings. So what you see is what you get.
You are totally right

Is it wrong to behave ourselves in a worthy context like a church? Better to be holy for just two hours a week than never at all.

Because many people are two-faced frauds.

I don't sugarcoat things.

Is it wrong to behave ourselves in a worthy context like a church? Better to be holy for just two hours a week than never at all.

Very good Claudya.

This attitude is a step in the right direction for all of us.

Besides, it's not true for everyone.

Lots of people lead a holy life in and outside of church.

I think for some people it is just that a lot of people naturally act differently when they are out in public. I know when I am out in public I am less likely to look sick because I try to hide my illness more. I do think though that Christians should act like Christians if they are at church or just Wal-Mart. I would think that if you would not wear an outfit because it is immodest to church you should not wear it to the store either. Or if you would not cuss in church don't cuss anywhere else. That kinda thing. We are not only supposed to act like Christians when we are at church, in fact when we are not at church and are just at the store is when we should be examples and witnesses to the unbelievers. So what I am basically saying is if you wouldn't do something in church look to see if you should be doing it anywhere at all.

I think certain things are exceptions. Some churches would break your head if you dance in the church. If I go elsewhere...I will dance. This is no hypocrisy.

I think certain things are exceptions. Some churches would break your head if you dance in the church. If I go elsewhere...I will dance. This is no hypocrisy.

C: Depends on how you define dance, I suppose. Me: I see the need to try to bow my heart inwardly in worship, by His grace.

I think for some people it is just that a lot of people naturally act differently when they are out in public. I know when I am out in public I am less likely to look sick because I try to hide my illness more. I do think though that Christians should act like Christians if they are at church or just Wal-Mart. I would think that if you would not wear an outfit because it is immodest to church you should not wear it to the store either. Or if you would not cuss in church don't cuss anywhere else. That kinda thing. We are not only supposed to act like Christians when we are at church, in fact when we are not at church and are just at the store is when we should be examples and witnesses to the unbelievers. So what I am basically saying is if you wouldn't do something in church look to see if you should be doing it anywhere at all.

Rachel:

I know what you mean. I guess there are various ways of looking at it. Avoiding insincerity, yes, indeed. I guess there are also levels of appropriateness, including with dress codes. For example if we tan in the yard or at the beach, we would have a different dress code from in church. But I know what you mean, I think. Blessings.

I don't go to church. If I decided to go I wouldn't act any differnt. So if I didn't put on an act like others I'd look like the worst sinner? Who cares. I don't live under human judgement.

C: Some of Beyonce's outfits might not go down too well at a communion service...
:lol I feel frustrated when we are asked not to dance in church. Some of those elders in the church do strange things at times. History reveals they were great dancers in their youth;) ballroom

Back