Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Why Christians Fail to Receive Healing

Farouk will you consider changing your user name to.....
bth_BUNNY.jpg

? :chin

This highlite comes from my personal life.....brought to mind by this thread......The 2 Grandmothers I was blessed both were Christians. Both spoke in tongues.... As people go one was kinder more loving. Did stuff for other folks , had more compassion . Did not make a highly public showing of tongues.. Gave of herself, all those wonderful attributes we like to see in Christians .. The other one bragged about being Spirit filled. Believed one was not saved with the 'evidence' . She was flat out grumpy... Growing older this verse and the life lesson have come together.

I agree 100%
I have seen this same thing, and it almost seems a common thing? The Corinthian chruch shows us that having spiritual gifts has little to do with being "spiritual"

I decided years ago that before I ask for gifts, I will ask for the love to use them as I should. I will say that I know the love God has for me and for others through the Holy Spirit. I am convinced that this happens in different ways to different believers? when I see that supernatural love I KNOW that I have met a "spiritual" Christian.

This is how we are to be KNOWN, by our love for one another.
John goes to great lengths to express this truth! I do fall short but I have decided to press on to know Him who has shown me His Love.
I kept looking for a reason why He loved me? very disappointig search!
Then I figured out one day that I have no value of myself? But because He loves me, I have great value. When I understood that all men have value because He loves them, it allowed me to love those who had no value to others.

What a good God! and now I have a bit of understanding, That GOD IS LOVE.

I agree 100%
I have seen this same thing, and it almost seems a common thing? The Corinthian chruch shows us that having spiritual gifts has little to do with being "spiritual"

I decided years ago that before I ask for gifts, I will ask for the love to use them as I should. I will say that I know the love God has for me and for others through the Holy Spirit. I am convinced that this happens in different ways to different believers? when I see that supernatural love I KNOW that I have met a "spiritual" Christian.

This is how we are to be KNOWN, by our love for one another.
John goes to great lengths to express this truth! I do fall short but I have decided to press on to know Him who has shown me His Love.
I kept looking for a reason why He loved me? very disappointig search!
Then I figured out one day that I have no value of myself? But because He loves me, I have great value. When I understood that all men have value because He loves them, it allowed me to love those who had no value to others.

What a good God! and now I have a bit of understanding, That GOD IS LOVE.
It is a grave error to assume or say God loves all sinners. He loved them enough at one point to drown them all. God loved the world so He gave them a chance to build their own ark by FAITH and sent Noah to tell them why. By a freewill choice they did not. He loved the world (in general) so He sent His son to those who would believe and receive Him predestined before creation. God hates the unregenerate and knows exactly who they are but loves His elect predestined saints even in their rebellion. Thus the saying God hates the sin but loves the sinner. It surely does NOT apply to all sinners.

It is a grave error to assume or say God loves all sinners. He loved them enough at one point to drown them all. God loved the world so He gave them a chance to build their own ark by FAITH and sent Noah to tell them why. By a freewill choice they did not. He loved the world (in general) so He sent His son to those who would believe and receive Him predestined before creation. God hates the unregenerate and knows exactly who they are but loves His elect predestined saints even in their rebellion. Thus the saying God hates the sin but loves the sinner. It surely does NOT apply to all sinners.

Well the scriptures disagree with you! I will not take the time to point them out, I have not noticed a desire from you to look into the scriptures in a way that might allow for the truth to be established. If you are willing to have this discussion in honest way, I will be glad to prove by the scriptures this clear and evident truth?

Faith does indeed work by love, the reason some have so little faith for such things as healing could be they do not understand the length, depth and unconditional standing we have in Gods Love for us? Nothing can seperate us from His Love, yet many teach such false doctrines that most believers are not secure in this Love He has for us.

Well the scriptures disagree with you! I will not take the time to point them out, I have not noticed a desire from you to look into the scriptures in a way that might allow for the truth to be established. If you are willing to have this discussion in honest way, I will be glad to prove by the scriptures this clear and evident truth?

Faith does indeed work by love, the reason some have so little faith for such things as healing could be they do not understand the length, depth and unconditional standing we have in Gods Love for us? Nothing can seperate us from His Love, yet many teach such false doctrines that most believers are not secure in this Love He has for us.
Believers are TOTALLY secure in His love.

Believers are TOTALLY secure in His love.
Yes they are! but because of false teachers most have no confidence "faith" in His love. "for when we know and believe the love God has for us" are we brought out of fear.

The law seperates us from this security in His Love. Because it takes us from what is true in spirit, and puts us in bondage to the weakness and sin of our flesh.

In Rom 8 after Paul had revealed the truth that the law produces sinful desires in the flesh, and sets us free from the law of sin and death. He makes known to us the unbroken fellowship we have in the love of God.

Most do not touch this truth because, false doctrine is brought in to make believers focus upon their flesh. When we look at the flesh we can have no confidence in the Love of God for us.

Good morning,

I agree with your statement. The flesh along with the inner-me wants the credit. Our faith for victory is in the blood of Jesus.

To receive power from the Blood:
Know about how the blood works.
Believe it.
Appropriate it.
Expect a miracle.

The book of James tells us when believers look to anything other than the Cross, strife is the result.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes they are! but because of false teachers most have no confidence "faith" in His love. "for when we know and believe the love God has for us" are we brought out of fear.

The law seperates us from this security in His Love. Because it takes us from what is true in spirit, and puts us in bondage to the weakness and sin of our flesh.

In Rom 8 after Paul had revealed the truth that the law produces sinful desires in the flesh, and sets us free from the law of sin and death. He makes known to us the unbroken fellowship we have in the love of God.

Most do not touch this truth because, false doctrine is brought in to make believers focus upon their flesh. When we look at the flesh we can have no confidence in the Love of God for us.
No one can trust Jesus alone for healing unless they know Jesus loves them enough to heal them based on His word, His integrity, and His goodness.

I think it is important here to point out that God does not withhold healing from a believer because they have some unrepented of sin.
But that the believer needs to repent because unrepented sin may cause them to feel guilty and that they are not worthy of God's healing. In truth we are never worthy in and of ourselves but it is by Christ worthiness that we can have faith to receive healing.

I think it is important here to point out that God does not withhold healing from a believer because they have some unrepented of sin.
But that the believer needs to repent because unrepented sin may cause them to feel guilty and that they are not worthy of God's healing. In truth we are never worthy in and of ourselves but it is by Christ worthiness that we can have faith to receive healing.

That's probably the best way I've seen put it, thank you :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

No one can trust Jesus alone for healing unless they know Jesus loves them enough to heal them based on His word, His integrity, and His goodness.
I agree, this is why I say that "healing" must be taught in the light of the gospel. Bring the believer into these truths and they will accept healing as part of the the truth, not apart from but according to the gospel.

The yoke of law has been laid upon the chruch, they are blind to the promises of God, in most ways. The yoke must be removed to allow healing to flow again in His Church.

If you are in a healing ministry you must have already seen that a unchurched person is much more able to accept healing than one who is religious? Why do you think that is? It because whether the church will admit it our not, The law is being taught in most every chruch.

To receive power from the Blood:
Know about how the blood works.
Believe it.
Appropriate it.
Expect a miracle.

The book of James tells us when believers look to anything other than the Cross, strife is the result.

Please give me a scripture that says there is power in the blood. Thanks

God does not even hear the prayers of someone in willful sin except asking for forgiveness.
Mark 11:25-26

New King James Version (NKJV)
25 “And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses. 26 But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses.â€

Psalm 66:18

18 If I regard iniquity in my heart,
The Lord will not hear.

AND God is under no obligation to grant repentance for willful sin: Acts 5: 1-11, 1 Corinthians 5:4-5, 1 Corinthians 11:27-34, Acts 8:22 (note "PERHAPS")

God does not even hear the prayers of someone in willful sin except asking for forgiveness.
Mark 11:25-26

25 “And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses. 26 But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses.”

Psalm 66:18

The Lord will not hear.

AND God is under no obligation to grant repentance for willful sin: Acts 5: 1-11, 1 Corinthians 5:4-5, 1 Corinthians 11:27-34, Acts 8:22 (note "PERHAPS")

I will not waste my time refuting your statements. You are once again taking scripture and applying it out of context just like you did some of the scriptures to support the gift of healing.

Worth repeating Good call Grazer

I will not waste my time refuting your statements. You are once again taking scripture and applying it out of context just like you did some of the scriptures to support the gift of healing.
I am quite interested how any of these are "out of context". All except 3 are dealing with sin and sickness. Mark 11 and Psalm 66 are in the context of prayer. What could be more clear?

Ok let's start with Ps 66 - This statement was made under the old covenant of the law. The sin spoken of would be a transgression against the law. However, under the law one would be justified in witholding forgivness from someone who had transgressed against them and had not asked them for forgivness or repaid them in some way. An eye for and eye.

Mark 11:22-25

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

22 And Jesus *answered saying to them, “Have faith in God. 23 Truly I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says is going to happen, it will be granted him. 24 Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you. 25 Whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father who is in heaven will also forgive you your transgressions.

Setting aside the fact that this scripture also took place before the cross where the sacrifice of Jesus has paid for ALL our sin, past, present, and future I will do my best to explain what this scripture says to me. In reading the scripture in context Jesus is talking to them about having faith and how having unforgivness in their heart could hinder them receiving. Why?
Before the cross their sins had not all been forgiven but more than that we see He is telling them how could you expect to receive when you will not do for someone else what the Father will do for you.
After the cross our sin is forgiven. However, we know if we have unforgivness in our hearts and Jesus said we were not justified in witholding forgiveness from anyone. We know we are wrong. Can our prays be hindered, yes. Unforgivness is not just sin, it is a cancer that will eat away the very soul.
Jesus specifically said unforgivness and I believe it was for this very reason. He named one thing and one thing only, He didn't say repent of your sins or say ask forgivness for your sins. Ask yourself why? He wasn't teaching them about sin and pray, He was teaching about unforgivness. He also related it directly to faith. Are you going to have faith to receive when you know you have unforgivness in your heart, will you feel worthy to ask in Jesus name?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok let's start with Ps 66 - This statement was made under the old covenant of the law. The sin spoken of would be a transgression against the law. However, under the law one would be justified in witholding forgivness from someone who had transgressed against them and had not asked them for forgivness or repaid them in some way. An eye for and eye.

No, their right for an eye for an eye had to be taken before the priest for judgement with witnesses.

Here is what the Bible says:
Leviticus 19:17-18

17 ‘You shall not hate your brother in your heart. You shall surely rebuke your neighbor, and not bear sin because of him. 18 You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the children of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the Lord.

King David does not specify what sin. He clearly says if he has sin in his heart GOD will not hear him.
Psalm 66:18-19
The Lord will not hear.
19 But certainly God has heard me;
He has attended to the voice of my prayer.

Commit this sin without repentance and shorten ones life:
Ephesians 6:1-3

6 Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. 2 “Honor your father and mother,†which is the first commandment with promise: 3 “that it may be well with you and you may live long on the earth.â€[a

If this is not sickness and even death as a result of sin what is it?

1 John 5:16-17

16 If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that. 17 All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to death.

Here is sin resulting in immediate death. According to your doctrine he and his wife must not have been confessing they were not under law but under grace enough and Peter just did not understand who they were in Christ. Acts 5:1-11.

Here is Peter being rude again stating that a believer was in serious sin and PERHAPS would not be forgiven:

Acts 8:22New King James Version (NKJV)

22 Repent therefore of this your wickedness, and pray God if perhaps the thought of your heart may be forgiven you.
Had Peter forgotten that this man was free to buy and sell as he pleased because he was under grace not law? Shame on Peter. Maybe he was just learning the ministry.

According to your doctrine Paul forgot about grace as well when he did this:
1 Corinthians 5:4-5

4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when you are gathered together, along with my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, 5 deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus. This is sickness and DEATH as a result of SIN.
According to your doctrine the man should have told Paul he had no power to do this because he was under grace not law and was forgiven. He did repent and God did give him forgiveness.

Here is Paul seemingly confused again about sin, sickness and grace.
1 Corinthians 11:27-32

27 Therefore whoever eats this bread or drinks this cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of the body and blood[a] of the Lord. 28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of the bread and drink of the cup. 29 For he who eats and drinks in an unworthy manner[b] eats and drinks judgment to himself, not discerning the Lord’s[c] body. 30For this reason many are weak and sick among you, and many sleep. 31 For if we would judge ourselves, we would not be judged. 32 But when we are judged, we are chastened by the Lord, that we may not be condemned with the world.

According to you these Corinthians should have told Paul that they were under grace and sin was not the reason they were sick, staying sick, and some had died. Of course it was too late for the dead ones to tell Paul that.

Mark 11:22-25

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

22 And Jesus *answered saying to them, “Have faith in God. 23 Truly I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says is going to happen, it will be granted him. 24 Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you. 25 Whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father who is in heaven will also forgive you your transgressions.

Setting aside the fact that this scripture also took place before the cross where the sacrifice of Jesus has paid for ALL our sin, past, present, and future I will do my best to explain what this scripture says to me. In reading the scripture in context Jesus is talking to them about having faith and how having unforgivness in their heart could hinder them receiving. Why?
Before the cross their sins had not all been forgiven but more than that we see He is telling them how could you expect to receive when you will not do for someone else what the Father will do for you.
After the cross our sin is forgiven. However, we know if we have unforgivness in our hearts and Jesus said we were not justified in witholding forgiveness from anyone. We know we are wrong. Can our prays be hindered, yes. Unforgivness is not just sin, it is a cancer that will eat away the very soul.
Jesus specifically said unforgivness and I believe it was for this very reason. He named one thing and one thing only, He didn't say repent of your sins or say ask forgivness for your sins. Ask yourself why? He wasn't teaching them about sin and pray, He was teaching about unforgivness. He also related it directly to faith. Are you going to have faith to receive when you know you have unforgivness in your heart, will you feel worthy to ask in Jesus name?
So you will stay sick as a result of the sin of unforgiveness and if you die in that sin the Bible clearly says you will go to hell! It will do no good at that time to point out to any demon dragging you away that you are under grace not law and should be forgiven.

Christ sacrifice was once for all. God saw it done before time began . He forgave sin based on the finished work in both the OT and the NT. King David received it several times, Joshua and the elders did, the people in the wilderness did at least 10 times. Before the law Abraham received forgiveness because he kept the statutes and ordinances of God by grace through faith, Genesis 26:5, just as Job did. Salvation by grace through faith is all through the OT based on Christ's finished work on the cross.
Revelation 13:8New King James Version (NKJV)

8 All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Have you been reading Joseph Prince because if you have be aware he is teaching antinomianism cleverly disguised as grace.

Please give me a scripture that says there is power in the blood. Thanks
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]According to the Bible, living the overcoming, victorious Christian life involves testifying (confessing) to what the Word of God and the Blood of Jesus has done and is doing for me now.
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]The Blood of Jesus is the Blood of the new covenant which has been shed for me. [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif](Luke 22:20)
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]The Blood of Jesus is the Blood of the everlasting covenant which is in force for me for all eternity. [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif](Hebrews 13:20)
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]The life is in the Blood of Jesus, therefore the very life of God lives in my spirit and flows into my soul (mind, will and emotions) and into my physical body. [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif](Genesis 9:4; Leviticus 17:11)
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Through faith in the Blood of Jesus I have been redeemed, bought from the hand of the enemy. Therefore I am no longer in the kingdom of darkness but through the Blood I have been translated into the Kingdom of God's dear Son. [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif](Colossians 1:13-14; Ephesians 1:7; I Peter 1:18-19; Acts 20:28; Hebrews 9:12)
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]The Blood of Jesus is very precious to me because of its cleansing power from all sin and unrighteousness, which includes all the consequences and effects of sin. [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif](I John 1:7, 9; Hebrews 10:10-25; Revelation 19:7-9)
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Through the precious Blood of Jesus I have been made unto God a king and a priest and have been given authority to reign with him on the earth now and for all eternity. [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif](Revelation 5:9-10; Romans 5:17 The Amplified Bible)
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Through the Blood of Jesus all my sins have been remitted, therefore I am now washed, sanctified and justified, as though sin never existed. [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif](I Corinthians 6:11)
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I have been bought for a price, purchased with a preciousness (the Blood of Jesus), paid for, made His own. I now honour and bring glory to Him in my body and in my spirit, which are God's. [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif](I Corinthians 6:20 The Amplified Bible)
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Not only is my spirit made new - recreated - by the Blood of Jesus, but my conscience has been cleansed. I am now free from ALL guilt, unworthiness, condemnation and sin-consciousness. [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif](Hebrews 9:14)
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Through the Blood of the everlasting covenant God makes me perfect, that is He strengthens, completes, makes me what I ought to be, equips me with everything good that I may carry out His will. [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif](Hebrews 13:20-21 The Amplified Bible)
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Through the Blood of Jesus I have boldness now to enter into the holy of holies in heaven into the presence of God with a true heart in full assurance of faith. I am now free from all fear and timidity. [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif](Hebrews 10:19-22; Ephesians 2:13)
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Through the Blood of Jesus I have been sanctified, set apart for Him. [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif](Hebrews 10:10)
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Through the shedding of Blood of Jesus I now have healing and health in my body because Jesus bore my griefs, sicknesses, diseases, weaknesses, distresses and pains. By His stripes I am healed. [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif](Isaiah 53:4-5; I Peter 2:24; Matthew 8:16-17; Galatians 3:13-14)
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Through the Blood of Jesus I have been redeemed from the curse of lack and poverty for Jesus Himself bore the chastisement needful to obtain peace, prosperity and total well-being* for me. Though Jesus was so very rich, yet for my sake he became so very poor on the cross, in order that by His poverty I might become abundantly supplied. [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif](Isaiah 53:4-5; II Corinthians 8:9)
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]*The Hebrew word "shalom" means peace, prosperity and total well-being.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I have faith in the power of the Blood of Jesus and the Word of God to provide protection for my spirit, soul, body, family, home, and everything that concerns me. When I submit myself to the Word of God, resist the devil, and exercise faith in the power of the Blood, the wicked one cannot touch me. [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif](I John 5:18; Luke 10:19; Psalm 91)
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Because of what the Blood and the Word has done for me I am continually overcoming the world, the flesh and the devil. I refuse to be defeated! [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif](Revelation 12:11; I John 5:4-5)
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]On the basis of the Blood of Jesus I have a standing of eternal sonship with all of it's rights and privileges. [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif](Romans 8:15-17; I John 3:1-2)
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]On the ground of Jesus' Blood I have a legal right to use the Name of Jesus. [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif](Philippians 2:7-11; John 16:23; Mark 16:17-18)
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I have authority to Plead The Blood Of Jesus. Jesus' Blood is alive and speaks on our behalf today. [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif](Hebrews 12:24-25)[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] Many examples from the Bible show the relationship between the Blood of Jesus and a particular benefit such as redemption, forgiveness of sins, cleansing, sanctification, healing and prosperity. When I plead the Blood, it is a valid, scriptural expression of my faith in that Blood. I will testify to the power of the Blood and the Word of God, thereby robbing Satan of his power to defeat me. I will say boldly and confidently: [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]"Satan, the blood of Jesus is against you. I hold the blood against you and declare on the authority of God's Word that Jesus' Blood does now overcome you, sin, every sickness, disease, pain, lack, poverty and every evil work. Flee Now in Jesus' Name!"
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​

Back