Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why didn't CHRIST invite doctors?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I think you're just trying to get me aggravated.
You seem to be very good at it.
But now that I know your motive, I won't let you win.

You're aggravated because you can't find anything in the Word of God to back up your claims. Give me the information I requested and we can put this issue to rest.

2Ch_16:12 And Asa in the thirty and ninth year of his reign was diseased in his feet, until his disease was exceeding great: yet in his disease he sought not to the LORD, but to the physicians.

If you read this verse carefully, you'll notice that it says nothing disparaging regarding physicians.

If you read this verse carefully, you'll notice that it says nothing disparaging regarding physicians.

I will say that I did not read the first few pages of this thread, but I haven't --so far--read that anyone has belittled physicians. What this verse and other verses, concerning this subject matter, tell me is that we seek Him first on all matters. And one more that is for sure...it's not so much the physicians, it is the fact that most pharmaceuticals, according to word study, are witchcraft/sorceries.
Edited

Last edited by a moderator:
I will say that I did not read the first few pages of this thread, but I haven't --so far--read that anyone has belittled physicians. What this verse and other verses, concerning this subject matter, tell me is that we seek Him first on all matters. And one more that is for sure...it's not so much the physicians, it is the fact that most pharmaceuticals, according to word study, are witchcraft/sorceries.
Now that is a commandment---to come out of it.

So is it your belief that anyone who takes medication is practicing witchcraft?

So Gary, what ails you?
How long have you been under a doctors' care?
Are you getting better?
Please share.
It's far more important than anything else.

No need to get upset Allen.
Gary, I'm only trying to figure you out.
You seem to have taken both sides in this thread.
What is your reasoning?
I quoted 3 verses that spoke negatively of doctors.
I asked for any positive verses.
I got none.
Then you charge me to prove myself.
I don't understand.

What is your reasoning?
I got none.
I don't understand.

I got none.

1Ti 5:23 KJV (23) Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.

Matthew 9
12 When Jesus heard that, He said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick.

If your sick, you are in need of a physician.

What is your reasoning?
I got none.
I don't understand.

Actually, what you quoted were 3 verses that had the word "physician" in it. There is nothing in those verses that would lead someone to conclude that doctors should be avoided.

He is still just trying to point out that the Word says the reason Asa died is because he sought not the Lord, but the physicians. Looking to man, to make flesh his arm (a la Jer 17:5-6 vs Jer 17:7-8) is what got him killed. The implication there is that the Lord would have healed him if Asa sought him, but he did not.

It's rather like a teenager going out trying to solve their own problems with their friends or whatever instead of going to their parents first - if they had gotten the parents involved...the suffering they could have avoided....

Matthew 9
12 When Jesus heard that, He said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick.

If your sick, you are in need of a physician.

Notice though that this verse is where Jesus is calling Himself the Physician, so He would be telling you to go to Him if you got a problem. Also, since He healed all the sick brought to Him or who came to Him, He is shewing that HE is your Physician.

He is still just trying to point out that the Word says the reason Asa died is because he sought not the Lord, but the physicians. Looking to man, to make flesh his arm (a la Jer 17:5-6 vs Jer 17:7-8) is what got him killed. The implication there is that the Lord would have healed him if Asa sought him, but he did not.

As I said, nothing disparaging regarding the physicians.

That was my point.

Last edited:
I think it can be said here that Jesus is our doctor, not man.
Jesus heals us body, mind, and soul, not man.
Now man can use God's gift of knowledge and diagnose problems, and treat people with what God has given us (wine, herbs, etc..).
Man can create salves, set broken bones, etc..
But God does the healing.

Where has man gone wrong?
We've been trained to go to man (doctor) first.
We pray that God will tell him what to do rather than go to God first.
We abuse ourselves and than ask the doctor for that magic pill to heal us.

The list of problems of going to man (doctor) first is endless.
The list of problems we create ourselves rather than live according to biblical teachings is endless.

Jesus clearly points us to him for our healing.
"By his stripes we are healed".
That happened on the cross.
Do you believe it?

Happy Easter.

It's sort of like going to man to get your finances met (going into debt), whereas the Word says owe no man anything (Romans 13:8 and also in Deut 28 (borrow not)). It's not one of the 10, but if God is saying owe no man anything but the debt of love (or to love him), then why would we want to go into debt to get our financial need met? We CAN go into debt and still be saved of course, but why would we want to make a covenant with the world when our Father in Heaven will just give it to us? Same with healing.

so its a sin to own a home. we have to borrow to own on of those. I doubt most christens have a 160000 usd in their bank accounts to pay for a home. that is what it cost me. just saying.

doctors are used by god to heal, sometimes its by miracle or both. I leave it up to god. pray when one is sick then head to the doctors. if luke was a sinning in that he healed to his skill, then it would mentioned.

sometimes, as my pastor says god says no, I wont heal you. and you die or go through a trial. either way if you are saved you have the victory, the world is full of sin. at death where do we go?

Back