Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Why Do Other Christians Blame Those With Chronic Illness?

Luminous_Rose

CF Ambassador
Where does this idea even come from?

Why do other Christians blame people with chronic illness by saying, "You're in sin!" or, "This was an act of God!" or, "You've been smited by God!"

These things are so immensely hurtful. I'm at a point right now where I'm so fed up, I almost don't want to be church-going Christian anymore. I'm about to give up on church, I don't want to be with people like that...I know the God's truth, but I'm so tired of people and their ridiculous ideations of chronic illness = sin.

Being a chronic illness sufferer since I was a child, what could I have possibly done to deserve a life long illness?

I was talking to my own mother today. My husband and I had a friend that made a lifestyle choice that goes against Christian belief and God's word. He ended up with the same type of health issue I do and was having problems here and there and was more recently hospitalized. My husband and I reached out, made sure he was okay, if he needed anything. I feel for my friend...even though they have made horrible choices...I still care because I know what it's like...he also had an issue with this in his teenage years, but it was a one-time thing and it was considered a one time stress induced problem by doctors, but now with all the stress he's had at work, the odd hours, the lack of sleep, not drinking or eating enough at work, etc. have all brought this to the surface. When my own mom said, "Maybe it was an act of God..." I froze a moment...my own mother here...I have the same type of health problem...what am I then?

Christians, Catholics, whatever you are - if you think like this then shame on you! You are chasing people out of churches calling their chronic illness a sin! You are making them feel unwelcome and unforgiven. You are making them feel weak and less superior. You are diminishing the little hope they may have walking into that church building onto to receive lashings of hateful words that leave deep-rooted scars.

Chronic illness means more than, "I have _________."

For many, it can mean lack of motivation, lack of energy, being in constant pain (emotionally, physically, mentally), having to skip out on things you really wanted to go to, being trash talked by people who don't get it, being accused of telling lies and faking illness, being alone in a hospital room sometimes with no one coming to see you, feeling a loss of control over your life, not being able to chase your dream career.

Ordinarily, I would be at church if I could be there, but what am I supposed to do when I'm sick every weekend because the week is jam packed with stress? Deal with the fact that I must be a liar because clearly no one misses a month or two of church for that many Sundays in a row.

If I could get better I would, but instead? "Try this herb! Try this technique! Try this exercise! You don't have to take medication forever!" Honestly, I'm all for holistic when it's necessary and effective and for my condition, these things might reduce symptoms, but it's not a cure. What do you do when you're a danger to yourself or others if you're not on medication and have a problem? Well, you stick with the program and feel guilt that you have to put pills in your mouth every time you exhale before that drink of water to swallow the poison down.

For those that spout at me, "God will heal you!" Well, you know. I'm standing here...waiting. I've been waiting for 23 years already...and believe me I have asked, I have pleaded, I have cried, I have been sincere...the answer has been, "No."

I try hard to be in the best mood possible for others, to forget I have health issues when they don't interfere with the small, simple things. It's exhausting! Sometimes I don't try and let my weary face show because I'm tired. When you ask me, "Is everything okay?" and then walk away from me when I say, "No." I feel incredibly special, so loved, and totally welcome...not.

I might be able to get out Saturday because I feel good enough to push myself to go out. I know getting out does me good. If you see me perfectly healthy on Saturday, but I don't come in on Sunday, don't crucify me and call me a liar. My issues can flare up and anytime, without notice, without my consent, and I can be bedridden for days....literally. I know the details of my life, most others do not know what it takes for me to get through each day, and to stand there and be criticized for trying is beyond outrageous.

Just because I have health issues doesn't mean I don't believe in God, but the way other Christians see me and other people in general sure does make me struggle more than anyone knows...

I'm suffering...my body fails me...I hurt every day...why must people be so critical when I'm trying so hard? 😭

Psalm 103:7
He made known his ways unto Moses, his acts unto the children of Israel.

The people saw what God did. Moses knew why. So did all the prophets.

“Let him who boasts boast in this, that he UNDERSTANDS Me.”

I hope everybody does not mind, but I am going to put in some context for us all.

Looking at Acts 103, and immediately it's clear what God is telling us all. The ways God made known to Moses and to Israel was His mercy and grace, how He is slow to anger and how He has plenty of mercy towards Israel. ( For God rescued the Hebrews out of the hand of the Egyptians.)

Looking at Nehemiah 9, the testimony continues, God spoke to the freed children of Israel at mount Sinai, giving Israel the purpose why He freed them ( why He gave them mercy and why He was slow to anger for all the provocation the children of Israel did to the Lord while in the wilderness) was to give them right judgments and true laws, good statutes and commandments, all by the hand of Moses, as God ( into Moses) had given His good Spirit to instruct them. ( the children of Israel)

Zechariah 7, now ends that testimony. How Israel made their hearts as an adamant stone, to not hear that law God had given to them, by His Spirit in the former prophets.

Psalms 103:7 He made known his ways unto Moses, his acts unto the children of Israel.
8 The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy.

Nehemiah 9:13 Thou camest down also upon mount Sinai, and spakest with them from heaven, and gavest them right judgments, and true laws, good statutes and commandments:
14 And madest known unto them thy holy sabbath, and commandedst them precepts, statutes, and laws, by the hand of Moses thy servant:

Nehemiah 9:20 Thou gavest also thy good spirit to instruct them, and withheldest not thy manna from their mouth, and gavest them water for their thirst.

Zechariah 7:12 Yea, they made their hearts as an adamant stone, lest they should hear the law, and the words which the Lord of hosts hath sent in his spirit by the former prophets: therefore came a great wrath from the Lord of hosts.

Moses then, was faithful in all of his house, ( had the Spirit of Christ in the prophets testifying the suffering of Christ and the glory to be revealed after. 1 Peter 1:10-11.) but Christ is the Son over His own house, whose house we are if we hold the faith firm.

Then unlike Israel ( who never really knew the Lord) we do unlike their example, to not harden our hearts ( as an adamant stone) to day, to hear the voice of the Lord, by belief in Jesus Christ, as that is how anyone knows God. ( by the Son revealing the Father to them.)

Matthew 11:27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

Hebrews 3:5 And Moses verily was faithful in all his house, as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken after;
6 But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.
7 Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,
8 Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:

It is then true, we can understand the Lord, because it is His Spirit that gives us freely to understand the deep things of God. ( but no man can know the things of God, but the Spirit of God.)

1 Corinthians 2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

To man, ( man is not the Spirit) not only he cant discern what is of the Spirit, it also is foolishness to him ( that is why man cant believe in the Spirit, unless the Son reveals Him to us.)

So no man can know the mind of the Lord, to instruct Him, or first be His counselor, ( but remembering what good statutes and commandments were given by God, to the children of Israel, which they didn't believe through hardness of heart) we can know the love of Christ which passes all understanding, to be filed with all the fulness of God in believing, through the Holy Ghost, by believing God died for us in love..

1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.

Isaiah 40:13 Who hath directed the Spirit of the Lord, or being his counsellor hath taught him?
14 With whom took he counsel, and who instructed him, and taught him in the path of judgment, and taught him knowledge, and shewed to him the way of understanding?

Romans 11:33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!
34 For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor?
35 Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again?
36 For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.

Romans 15:13 Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

Ephesians 3:16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

1 John 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

I can also tell everyone why Christians, are judgmental, instead of having the compassion a person searches and hopes for ( and needs)

God commended His love towards us, while we were sinners(when we could be judged/ treated harshly.)

But, just as Jesus ( the Son of God) said He did not condemn, when he could have been just as merciless as the people of Israel ( about to condemn a woman to death) we learn how kindness is God, it is what He came to share, for us to see and believe in, for us to turn away from what is either cruel, or pretending to care, to open our eyes up wide, to believe only in His love and compassion, how He is the judge, yet did not judge like He could do, but through just judgement ( of kindness and love) stopped all wickedness, through letting the wicked reveal what they really are, to kill the Prince of life.

If a person believes in that love of Christ, ( dying so that we might not die) our life is His, and through His love, we believe in love, and love has come to us. God then guides us to show the same compassion as He did to us ( while we were yet sinners) to be the same kindness to others ( with the same love of Christ in us) to do the same opposing way than judgement, to give our life, in all it is for who needs you. The ones without compassion, are without the one who gave us all compassion. ( without Jesus Christ.)

The first place we seek mercy, is to the one who gave us His mercy. It is His mercy again, reaching out to us, to guide us away from the wolves in sheep's clothing, why would anyone want to be devoured by them ?

The Lord sought us to dwell in us for ever, imagine what kind of a place those hearts need to be, and if we find people are impossible to be near for a second ( because they are either heartless or have no true care) why would God wish to be stuck in something like that for ever ?

Count it all joy to escape the traps of life, as that is what they are, our afflictions in this life, God wants us to see, as light affliction ( even though they seem too much a lot of the time) take comfort in Gods word and what we are given to share, from time, to time. Escaping wolves means we live, does anyone realize that if we are called as sheep, our first priority is to know the voice of the Shepherd, and to hear no other ( only the good Shepherd gave His life for the sheep) but the others flee and let you die when you need them and the wolves come to take your life away ( not lay their life down for you.)

John 10:11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.
13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.

Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

2 Corinthians 4:16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.
17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;
18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Malachi 3:16 Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another: and the Lord hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon his name.

I can also tell everyone why Christians, are judgmental, instead of having the compassion a person searches and hopes for ( and needs)

God commended His love towards us, while we were sinners(when we could be judged/ treated harshly.)

But, just as Jesus ( the Son of God) said He did not condemn, when he could have been just as merciless as the people of Israel ( about to condemn a woman to death) we learn how kindness is God, it is what He came to share, for us to see and believe in, for us to turn away from what is either cruel, or pretending to care, to open our eyes up wide, to believe only in His love and compassion, how He is the judge, yet did not judge like He could do, but through just judgement ( of kindness and love) stopped all wickedness, through letting the wicked reveal what they really are, to kill the Prince of life.

If a person believes in that love of Christ, ( dying so that we might not die) our life is His, and through His love, we believe in love, and love has come to us. God then guides us to show the same compassion as He did to us ( while we were yet sinners) to be the same kindness to others ( with the same love of Christ in us) to do the same opposing way than judgement, to give our life, in all it is for who needs you. The ones without compassion, are without the one who gave us all compassion. ( without Jesus Christ.)

The first place we seek mercy, is to the one who gave us His mercy. It is His mercy again, reaching out to us, to guide us away from the wolves in sheep's clothing, why would anyone want to be devoured by them ?

The Lord sought us to dwell in us for ever, imagine what kind of a place those hearts need to be, and if we find people are impossible to be near for a second ( because they are either heartless or have no true care) why would God wish to be stuck in something like that for ever ?

Count it all joy to escape the traps of life, as that is what they are, our afflictions in this life, God wants us to see, as light affliction ( even though they seem too much a lot of the time) take comfort in Gods word and what we are given to share, from time, to time. Escaping wolves means we live, does anyone realize that if we are called as sheep, our first priority is to know the voice of the Shepherd, and to hear no other ( only the good Shepherd gave His life for the sheep) but the others flee and let you die when you need them and the wolves come to take your life away ( not lay their life down for you.)

John 10:11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.
13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.

Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

2 Corinthians 4:16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.
17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;
18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Malachi 3:16 Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another: and the Lord hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon his name.
That’s pretty judgemental of you, categorizing ALL christians that way. You must be one.

I hope everybody does not mind, but I am going to put in some context for us all.

Looking at Acts 103, and immediately it's clear what God is telling us all. The ways God made known to Moses and to Israel was His mercy and grace, how He is slow to anger and how He has plenty of mercy towards Israel. ( For God rescued the Hebrews out of the hand of the Egyptians.)

Looking at Nehemiah 9, the testimony continues, God spoke to the freed children of Israel at mount Sinai, giving Israel the purpose why He freed them ( why He gave them mercy and why He was slow to anger for all the provocation the children of Israel did to the Lord while in the wilderness) was to give them right judgments and true laws, good statutes and commandments, all by the hand of Moses, as God ( into Moses) had given His good Spirit to instruct them. ( the children of Israel)

Zechariah 7, now ends that testimony. How Israel made their hearts as an adamant stone, to not hear that law God had given to them, by His Spirit in the former prophets.

Psalms 103:7 He made known his ways unto Moses, his acts unto the children of Israel.
8 The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy.

Nehemiah 9:13 Thou camest down also upon mount Sinai, and spakest with them from heaven, and gavest them right judgments, and true laws, good statutes and commandments:
14 And madest known unto them thy holy sabbath, and commandedst them precepts, statutes, and laws, by the hand of Moses thy servant:

Nehemiah 9:20 Thou gavest also thy good spirit to instruct them, and withheldest not thy manna from their mouth, and gavest them water for their thirst.

Zechariah 7:12 Yea, they made their hearts as an adamant stone, lest they should hear the law, and the words which the Lord of hosts hath sent in his spirit by the former prophets: therefore came a great wrath from the Lord of hosts.

Moses then, was faithful in all of his house, ( had the Spirit of Christ in the prophets testifying the suffering of Christ and the glory to be revealed after. 1 Peter 1:10-11.) but Christ is the Son over His own house, whose house we are if we hold the faith firm.

Then unlike Israel ( who never really knew the Lord) we do unlike their example, to not harden our hearts ( as an adamant stone) to day, to hear the voice of the Lord, by belief in Jesus Christ, as that is how anyone knows God. ( by the Son revealing the Father to them.)

Matthew 11:27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

Hebrews 3:5 And Moses verily was faithful in all his house, as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken after;
6 But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.
7 Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,
8 Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:

It is then true, we can understand the Lord, because it is His Spirit that gives us freely to understand the deep things of God. ( but no man can know the things of God, but the Spirit of God.)

1 Corinthians 2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

To man, ( man is not the Spirit) not only he cant discern what is of the Spirit, it also is foolishness to him ( that is why man cant believe in the Spirit, unless the Son reveals Him to us.)

So no man can know the mind of the Lord, to instruct Him, or first be His counselor, ( but remembering what good statutes and commandments were given by God, to the children of Israel, which they didn't believe through hardness of heart) we can know the love of Christ which passes all understanding, to be filed with all the fulness of God in believing, through the Holy Ghost, by believing God died for us in love..

1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.

Isaiah 40:13 Who hath directed the Spirit of the Lord, or being his counsellor hath taught him?
14 With whom took he counsel, and who instructed him, and taught him in the path of judgment, and taught him knowledge, and shewed to him the way of understanding?

Romans 11:33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!
34 For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor?
35 Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again?
36 For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.

Romans 15:13 Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

Ephesians 3:16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

1 John 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
So at what point does his grace and mercy give way to his righteousness anger? “Slow to anger” isn’t “never angry.”

So at what point does his grace and mercy give way to his righteousness anger? “Slow to anger” isn’t “never angry.”
When He can no longer forbear, and for the world now, it is when it will be a terrifying thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

That is example of how long God longsuffered Israel, until He could no longer bear..

Jeremiah 44:22 So that the Lord could no longer bear, because of the evil of your doings, and because of the abominations which ye have committed; therefore is your land a desolation, and an astonishment, and a curse, without an inhabitant, as at this day.

God is angry with the wicked every day ( but longsuffers them, which is slow to enact judgement with fury)

God is slow to anger ( longsuffering and patiently waiting to reward the wicked at judgement day soon.)

God longsuffers/is slow to His anger, so none of His sheep are lost.

Psalm 7:11 God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day.

Isaiah 3:11 Woe unto the wicked! it shall be ill with him: for the reward of his hands shall be given him.

Hebrews 10:31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

2 Peter 3:15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

James 5:7 Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.

When He can no longer forbear, and for the world now, it is when it will be a terrifying thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

That is example of how long God longsuffered Israel, until He could no longer bear..

Jeremiah 44:22 So that the Lord could no longer bear, because of the evil of your doings, and because of the abominations which ye have committed; therefore is your land a desolation, and an astonishment, and a curse, without an inhabitant, as at this day.

God is angry with the wicked every day ( but longsuffers them, which is slow to enact judgement with fury)

God is slow to anger ( longsuffering and patiently waiting to reward the wicked at judgement day soon.)

God longsuffers/is slow to His anger, so none of His sheep are lost.

Psalm 7:11 God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day.

Isaiah 3:11 Woe unto the wicked! it shall be ill with him: for the reward of his hands shall be given him.

Hebrews 10:31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

2 Peter 3:15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

James 5:7 Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.
I don’t mean other people or nations. Is there a point in our walk with Him that his mercy gives way to justice because of our choices?

I don’t mean other people or nations. Is there a point in our walk with Him that his mercy gives way to justice because of our choices?

The example of Israel is for all who consider they will be saved, to know if they do like Israel, they wont be saved..

Jude 1:5 I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.
6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.
7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
8 Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.

The example of Israel is for all who consider they will be saved, to know if they do like Israel, they wont be saved..

Jude 1:5 I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.
6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.
7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
8 Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.
This keeps this all at a distance so that the ways of God in a believer’s life are covered up. I’m talking about the ways of God in an individuals life and there is a more than just being saved. There’s answered prayer or answered petitions, or not answered and why.

This keeps this all at a distance so that the ways of God in a believer’s life are covered up. I’m talking about the ways of God in an individuals life and there is a more than just being saved. There’s answered prayer or answered petitions, or not answered and why.

We don't know what we ought to pray for, so the Spirit makes intersessions for us

Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

DOUBLE MINDED AND PRIDEFUL, RECEIVE NOTHING...

James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
8 A DOUBLE MINDED man is unstable in all his ways.

James 4:3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.
4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
5 Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?
6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye DOUBLE MINDED.

The scriptures are what we have to be wise unto salvation. 2 Timothy 3:15.

Why are you talking about them, why are you not being wise to salvation by doing them instead..

17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?
18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
19 And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.

The scriptures are what we have to be wise unto salvation. 2 Timothy 3:15.
Yes and they say that the fear of he Lord is the beginning of wisdom.
Why are you talking about them, why are you not being wise to salvation by doing them instead..
What is “wise to salvation” and how do you know what I am doing from where you sit?
17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?
18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
19 And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.
??

We don't know what we ought to pray for, so the Spirit makes intersessions for us
Probably many assume that this happens no matter what they pray like every unanswered prayer is a “no.” The Spirit of God can sit back and do nothing as everything is just assumed to be Him even if not.

The spirit praying through one is different than you presenting your desires.
Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
If a man is GROANING in prayer, no words, then that’s a better measure than assuming. Are you groaning in prayer so moved by the HS that you cannot speak?
DOUBLE MINDED AND PRIDEFUL, RECEIVE NOTHING...

James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
8 A DOUBLE MINDED man is unstable in all his ways.
Sounds good. That’s how I acquired a lot of wisdom, I asked for it, often in need.
James 4:3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.
4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
A NT verse that says that God DOESN'T answer all prayers. Thank you.
5 Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?
6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye DOUBLE MINDED.
Beautiful. Whose fault is it when God doesn’t answer prayer? Ours!!

Thank you!

Last edited:
Yes and they say that the fear of he Lord is the beginning of wisdom.

What is “wise to salvation” and how do you know what I am doing from where you sit?

??

Asking for wisdom is not receiving the wisdom that saves us, as the scriptures make us wise to salvation( they teach us all things as they show.)

But to those who ask wisdom, and they ask in faith, they are asking for the scriptures to be revealed to them, for instruction in righteousness, to be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Asking for wisdom is not receiving the wisdom that saves us, as the scriptures make us wise to salvation( they teach us all things as they show.)

But to those who ask wisdom, and they ask in faith, they are asking for the scriptures to be revealed to them, for instruction in righteousness, to be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
Sure glad I’d never heard that teaching as a young Christian mother. I remember standing there looking at my defiant son asking “Headquarters” (God) for advise (literally said, “Lord, what do I do?”) and Him giving me exact instructions that taught me wisdom as well as were fairly awesome.

This is similar to me not knowing God doesn’t speak directly to people until I’d already experienced God speaking to me since childhood. I guess God hadn’t heard that He doesn’t do that anymore either.

God cant speak against His own words, nor add or take away from them.

John 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

I’ve never known Him to do so. His children? Yes! Him? Never!

Wisdom is the instruction that Christ told us, and if anyone thinks they have extra to share, they not only don't have wisdom, they are trying to take wisdom away.

Ecclesiastes 3:14 I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him.

Revelation 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

If you want to know where wisdom comes from, when we have nothing wise to share, it is here:

Job 13:5 O that ye would altogether hold your peace! and it should be your wisdom.

Back