Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why do you take the risk of eating murdered animals?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I'm not saying that animals don't deserve life.
Nobody actually deserves life though. It's always put upon us by our parents and nobody has any choice about it. I'm saying that their right to life is equal as our right to life, and by natural law, the human has no greater right than any other creature. God's law obviously surpasses natural law because He is in a position of presiding over the supernatural. Hence, His law provides for the forgiveness of transgressing the animal's natural right so that it does not condemn the human eternally.

Nobody actually deserves life though. It's always put upon us by our parents and nobody has any choice about it. I'm saying that their right to life is equal as our right to life, and by natural law, the human has no greater right than any other creature. God's law obviously surpasses natural law because He is in a position of presiding over the supernatural. Hence, His law provides for the forgiveness of transgressing the animal's natural right so that it does not condemn the human eternally.
You seem to be putting animal life on the same level as human life.
The use of Matthew 7:12 as a reason not to hurt and eat animals is not what is meant buy it.
It is in reference to Luke 6:31; "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you".
This is our duty to our neighbors and it is called brotherly love.
Animals are not included in these verses.

You seem to be putting animal life on the same level as human life.
The use of Matthew 7:12 as a reason not to hurt and eat animals is not what is meant buy it.
It is in reference to Luke 6:31; "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you".
This is our duty to our neighbors and it is called brotherly love.
Animals are not included in these verses.
I consider animals are my neighbours. We are each living here side by side. I am putting animals above humans in a way too, because they were put here before we were and we were put here in order to serve duty to them as godly rulers.

I consider animals are my neighbours. We are each living here side by side. I am putting animals above humans in a way too, because they were put here before we were and we were put here in order to serve duty to them as godly rulers.
You put animals above humans?
In a way?
Which way?

Would you rather run over a dog with your car
or would you rather run over a boy?

You MUST make a choice.
Which is it?

Acts 10:9-16;
About noon the following day as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the roof to pray. 10 He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance. 11 He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners. 12 It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles and birds. 13 Then a voice told him, “Get up, Peter. Kill and eat.”
14 “Surely not, Lord!” Peter replied. “I have never eaten anything impure or unclean.”
15 The voice spoke to him a second time, “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.”
16 This happened three times, and immediately the sheet was taken back to heave

Why do you ignore this?

Acts 10:9-16;
About noon the following day as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the roof to pray. 10 He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance. 11 He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners. 12 It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles and birds. 13 Then a voice told him, “Get up, Peter. Kill and eat.”
14 “Surely not, Lord!” Peter replied. “I have never eaten anything impure or unclean.”
15 The voice spoke to him a second time, “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.”
16 This happened three times, and immediately the sheet was taken back to heave

Why do you ignore this?
Why do you say that you think I ignore it? I haven't ignored it, so you must have the wrong idea of me. Can you please explain?

Perhaps meat eaters will not be punished because they are so brainwashed.
Perhaps evil forces wanted to destroy you spiritually and decided to convince you meat is not murder.

Why are you risking everything for meat when there are so many alternatives? To me that is insane.
What risk?...

1 Timothy 4:1-3 (KJV) Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

I gave that answer when I said it.

Nope.

Pay attention. Stay on topic.
God gave us animals for nutrition.
If someone desires not to eat animals that's fine....

I don't think they're on the same plane as humans because they have no spirit.

And my choice would be to run over the dog and not the boy. Easy choice.

God gave us animals for nutrition.
I don't see any reason to believe that.
If someone desires not to eat animals that's fine....
I agree!
I don't think they're on the same plane as humans because they have no spirit.
What makes you believe that animals have no spirit?

Do you say that humans who are spiritually dead are somehow more spiritual than animals? Please explain why.
And my choice would be to run over the dog and not the boy. Easy choice.
Easy choice, huh? It's very saddening to hear that.

I agree!

Do you say that humans who are spiritually dead are somehow more spiritual than animals? Please explain why.

SZ
It's saddening to hear that I'd rather run over a dog instead of a boy!

PLEASE explain THAT!

I agree!

How do you know an animal feels pain the same way we do?

Rollo Tamasi , I am saying that you can see that animals feel pain because it shows in the same way it would show if we were to feel the same pain.

Could you give examples?
An animal is not human.
It is not made in God's image.

We have been given dominion over the animals.
"Everything we do to an animal is either a lawful exercise, or a sacrilegious abuse, of an authority of divine right."
C.S.Lewis

If humans don't have any greater right than any other creature, then why is this said here in Genesis 1:26 NIV:

Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

I'm curious what you believe this verse means if, as you say, we weren't given a right over animals.

So Peter decides to go fishing and says "Im going fishing". And Jesus stood on the shore and shouts out "havent you any fish?" and they say "no", so he tells them to cast there nets the other side they will get some fish there, and they filled there nets up with fish as Jesus influenced them to cast the other side and they will get some.

Then they go to shore and Jesus is having a picnic with bread and is cooking fish on some hot coals.

Last edited:
Back