Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why do you take the risk of eating murdered animals?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Now that doesn't sound like, animals were here first so man has a duty to care for them and serve them. That idea just makes no sense according to Genesis 9.
That's a long way away from Genesis 1 though. We have Genesis 6:6 in the middle of it for a start, and it's only because Noah found favour in God's eyes that He turned back from Genesis 6:7. Doesn't it add more weight to the reason why Noah's sacrifice brought fear and dread on the creation? All those animals had also been through forty days of storm and had come into a new world with new hope... But they were worth nothing more than meat in Noah's eyes!
hings are tough and will get tougher...so don't let your family go hungry if meat is all that's available right then.
Again, what did Jesus say? "Give no thought for the evil of tomorrow, because the evil of each day is sufficient for the day thereof".

Last edited:
I would like to point out that Luke 24:41-43 is the only text where it is explicitly stated that Jesus actually ATE MEAT. But now you know that this text is simply not true if you believe Mark and Matthew.

Where in Mark and Matthew does it say Jesus didn’t eat meat?

We know the Lord ate meat because the scriptures say He did.

Please let a little water be brought, and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree. And I will bring a morsel of bread, that you may refresh your hearts. After that you may pass by, inasmuch as you have come to your servant.”
They said, “Do as you have said.”
So Abraham hurried into the tent to Sarah and said, “Quickly, make ready three measures of fine meal; knead it and make cakes.” And Abraham ran to the herd, took a tender and good calf, gave it to a young man, and he hastened to prepare it. So he took butter and milk and the calf which he had prepared, and set it before them; and he stood by them under the tree as they ate. Genesis 18:4-8

The Lord ate the food that Abraham brought which included the meat from the calf.

again

Jesus serves His disciples bread and fish.

Jesus said to them, “Bring some of the fish which you have just caught.”
Simon Peter went up and dragged the net to land, full of large fish, one hundred and fifty-three; and although there were so many, the net was not broken. Jesus said to them, “Come and eat breakfast.” Yet none of the disciples dared ask Him, “Who are You?”—knowing that it was the Lord. Jesus then came and took the bread and gave it to them, and likewise the fish. John 21:10-13

again

When He had said this, He showed them His hands and His feet. But while they still did not believe for joy, and marveled, He said to them, “Have you any food here?” So they gave Him a piece of a broiled fish and some honeycomb. And He took it and ate in their presence. Luke 24:40-43

JLB

That's not quite how it happened though. He actually burned them as a sacrifice to God. Probably the first time ever for all we know. It's only after God smelled that the aroma was sweet and soothing, then He blessed the man saying "animals are given into your hand for food, just as you have the plants, and they will be full of the dread and fear of you" (to me that sounds more like a curse than a blessing because paradise became hell, but: blessings aren't just about nice things, they are about rights).

Agreed, I was being a little bit facetious there but that's essentially what happened. And I believe that it was at this time, that sin curse on man affected the animals and life suddenly got harder for the animals. Genesis 9 spells it all out for man and the animals. Man now will want to eat them, and the animals I guess are not allowed to fight back according to v7 or they are accountable for shedding man's blood by their blood.

No wonder all of God's creation groans for the coming of the Lord and restoration to be made.

It did not "give its life", let's be honest about it: the cattle had his life taken!

That's different from what Jesus says: "it goes through the stomach and out into the sewers" (Mark 7:19).

Can you show any examples of this? I seem to only be able to remember the struggle to survive: whether by fighting, fleeing or hiding. I haven't seen an animal willingly give up its life to become food.

Most of the cattle do not fight back. They're almost like is said, like a lamb led to the slaughter.

I don't have any examples and can't see into any animals heart to see self sacrifice taking place anywhere but it does seem clear that animals are here to serve man, even up to being his food. And from what I can tell, everything that man does on earth has some sort of corresponding effect in the spiritual realm...so the animals could affect the spiritual realm also and we just can not see it happening. So we can't say say for sure one way or the other.

But there are lots of examples of animals making choices, some animals save the baby from the venomous snake and in doing so, get bit themselves, still others will attack a toddler playing in his yard and bite him. One dog did evil the other dog did good. Those types of stories are a dime a dozen.

Paul never wanted to offend or cause a brother to stumble even saying he would never eat meat if it caused a brother to stumble, but said food will not commend us to God and we are neither better or worse for what we eat. And he said for those who do eat meat to eat meat and not question it for conscience sake.
Paul was primarily addressing meats offered to idols in your cited verse.
Not the eating of meat in general.
I understand Paul here. Even me in this thread have said a few times i respect people for there own choice and i have never said anything negative about those who dont eat meat. Yet people like to question and argue my food and my life. Trying to make me stumble and feel guilty for my own food choice.
Just mind your own conscience, and love and thank God above all else.

Most of the cattle do not fight back. They're almost like is said, like a lamb led to the slaughter.
Have you ever been to an abattoir? The cows are all crying out "mooo!" Because they know it is a place of doom. My father was a stock truck driver for years, and yes indeed, some animals do put up a fight! The human has invented instruments of power to force the cattle into the pens because they have only two options: move or be harmed. If however the cattle you have seen are trusting toward humans and not suspecting the doom then I can understand why you would think that they don't resist it. But I think it's hard to go to the point of saying that they don't feel forsaken when they realize it, and that is where you would get to see their protest because as far as I know, everything that lives has a natural desire to live a happy life.
And from what I can tell, everything that man does on earth has some sort of corresponding effect in the spiritual realm...so the animals could affect the spiritual realm also and we just can not see it happening. So we can't say say for sure one way or the other.
I have observed animals being both spiritually animated and spiritually asleep. When you meet a hyperactive mutt and he's just going crazy on sensual overload, it takes a short time (depending on the breed) for him to calm down, and as the human interaction forms a relationship he begins to trust and then he becomes more aware of the fact that we have a relationship. His mind is then more present and soon, as the relationship grows and with his awareness, the breath of life comes into him and you have a friend - someone who you can confide in. I think that's the meaning of God's command: to rule over and subdue the creation, and while the principles can be applied to horses and ducks and hens, there are some limitations of a creature as to it's mental abilities, that some of them will never really form deep, meaningful relationship in that way. When you look at the types of animals that were clean for the Jews, it is they who do tend to be less personable (despite being cute and fluffy and deserving of pity etc). I think that's why they were forbidden from eating horses and pigs, for example.

Serving Zion
Hej73

I think the “original theme” of this thread has shifted to the animal’s “feelings”, the animal’s “spirituality”, the animal‘s desire to live a “happy life”.

There’s no doubt animals’s are created with survival instincts and the desire to stay alive, as I believe no one is questioning that.

I certainly don’t.

The title of this thread is:

Why do you take the risk of eating murdered animals?​

• What “risk” are people taking who eat meat?

This implies it is murder, an immoral sinful act, to eat meat.

Which means that people who choose to eat meat are murderers; sinful immoral people who if they don’t repent are destined to be cast into the lake of fire.

The scriptures that I have and others have given that teach us the Lord ate meat should be sufficient to prove that this notion is unbiblical and unfounded.

As far as pets such as dogs or cats or horses, I’m sure many of us have them and enjoy their company, even though we ourselves eat meat.

I guess I’m wondering what the point of the OP is?

Does Hej73 feel that people who eat meat are murderers, and are at risk of going to hell?

JLB

In a later post Hej73 said he had been told to warn people that something big was going to happen soon and not to eat meat just now. He has not mentioned that since. The OP and that post and the title do not seem to make sense to me when they are put together.
Eating meat is not a sin. Not eating meat is not a sin.
When Pail spoke of not judging people because of what they eat I have always understood it to mean what was once clean and unclean.

Where in Mark and Matthew does it say Jesus didn’t eat meat?

We know the Lord ate meat because the scriptures say He did.

Please let a little water be brought, and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree. And I will bring a morsel of bread, that you may refresh your hearts. After that you may pass by, inasmuch as you have come to your servant.”
They said, “Do as you have said.”
So Abraham hurried into the tent to Sarah and said, “Quickly, make ready three measures of fine meal; knead it and make cakes.” And Abraham ran to the herd, took a tender and good calf, gave it to a young man, and he hastened to prepare it. So he took butter and milk and the calf which he had prepared, and set it before them; and he stood by them under the tree as they ate. Genesis 18:4-8

The Lord ate the food that Abraham brought which included the meat from the calf.

again

Jesus serves His disciples bread and fish.

Jesus said to them, “Bring some of the fish which you have just caught.”
Simon Peter went up and dragged the net to land, full of large fish, one hundred and fifty-three; and although there were so many, the net was not broken. Jesus said to them, “Come and eat breakfast.” Yet none of the disciples dared ask Him, “Who are You?”—knowing that it was the Lord. Jesus then came and took the bread and gave it to them, and likewise the fish. John 21:10-13

again

When He had said this, He showed them His hands and His feet. But while they still did not believe for joy, and marveled, He said to them, “Have you any food here?” So they gave Him a piece of a broiled fish and some honeycomb. And He took it and ate in their presence. Luke 24:40-43

JLB
I have no idea about the Bible. Can only tell you what the spirit told me
Serving Zion
Hej73

I think the “original theme” of this thread has shifted to the animal’s “feelings”, the animal’s “spirituality”, the animal‘s desire to live a “happy life”.

There’s no doubt animals’s are created with survival instincts and the desire to stay alive, as I believe no one is questioning that.

I certainly don’t.

Which means that people who choose to eat meat are murderers; sinful immoral people who if they don’t repent are destined to be cast into the lake of fire.

The scriptures that I have and others have given that teach us the Lord ate meat should be sufficient to prove that this notion is unbiblical and unfounded.

As far as pets such as dogs or cats or horses, I’m sure many of us have them and enjoy their company, even though we ourselves eat meat.

Does Hej73 feel that people who eat meat are murderers, and are at risk of going to hell?

JLB

Serving Zion
Hej73

I certainly don’t.

JLB
It is much safer to not eat meat because God does not command us to kill. Why should it be more complicated than that?

In a later post Hej73 said he had been told to warn people that something big was going to happen soon and not to eat meat just now. He has not mentioned that since. The OP and that post and the title do not seem to make sense to me when they are put together.
When Pail spoke of not judging people because of what they eat I have always understood it to mean what was once clean and unclean.
Yes i certainly believe so. Could be related to the so called vaccines. Evil will be exposed?

Last edited:
dont forget to eat that meat contains iron . and you will get extreme pain if you dont eat it. i used blausaft.

i saw some videos of magnetic chicken - so somehow someone is putting graphine in some of the vaccines and also meat - not sure if that means someone is putting graphine in animal feed or not

i saw some videos of magnetic chicken - so somehow someone is putting graphine in some of the vaccines and also meat - not sure if that means someone is putting graphine in animal feed or not
It sounds like it. Or even injecting it into food in the shops. Last week , here in UK a man was arrested after being seen injecting cat food with something. It had already killed 13o cats. They are investigating exactly what it was he was using.

It sounds like it. Or even injecting it into food in the shops. Last week , here in UK a man was arrested after being seen injecting cat food with something. It had already killed 13o cats. They are investigating exactly what it was he was using.
yes - some people are bent on hurting others

graphine attacks the immune system of animals and people

Back