Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why Does The Concept of Money Exist?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
They look sturdy, after all this time. In Florida's humidity too. Someone told me they had to run the A/C in their relatively new house to keep the humidity reasonable inside for the structure.

I like the fountain in the yard. They really did a good job back then.
air flow in old edifice as they were more open is a two fold thing it can create a higher bill since they weren't as insulated and relied on opening of windows to create an airflow and most homes will have a window above the door that could be closed in the winter and opened during the summer to allow that breeze, the photo I posted is cooler naturally and without ac that is by design , they are often called florida windows a real thing and also an effect but all old places prior to ac had that.foxtrot homes took advantage of that and used the breeze and were often built facing the east to get the wind to work

...most homes will have a window above the door that could be closed in the winter and opened during the summer to allow that breeze

I wondered what those were for.

the photo I posted is cooler naturally and without ac that is by design , they are often called florida windows a real thing and also an effect but all old places prior to ac had that.foxtrot homes took advantage of that and used the breeze and were often built facing the east to get the wind to work

Ingenious. I have a fan in my window with a MERV 13 filter to filter out pollen and pollution before the air enters my house. Back in the day they had cleaner air.

dlsr. I also edited them for clarity. but web pages do modify files, facebook does, I post on imgur so that I can share. they usually don't. the diesel plant(brewery) does have some odd effects with that brick work that is visible without a camera and that checkered effect is normal. that place does that often.

Right. Old photos would have to be scanned into digital form before uploading, and then web sites would further process it to conserve space. New photos tend to start out digital. No scanning to reduce the quality.

I didn't sense the spirits there, she did that as a some ghost hunter group contacted them about doing a reading there.

Okay, they have shows on telly about that. I always wondered if they knew what they were doing.

I have before them buying it sense something there. not strong

I can't sense spirits like that. I can sense if a place is a place where a lot of prayer has taken place. Walking into some churches. A school that used to be a seminary. A Christian commune, even though the group left decades ago. I like places of prayer.

Last edited:
Okay, they have shows on telly about that. I always wondered if they knew what they were doing.

I can't sense spirits like that. I can sense if a place is a place where a lot of prayer has taken place. Walking into some churches. A school that used to be a seminary. A Christian commune, even though the group left decades ago. I like places of prayer.
There is an school house here like that

I wondered what those were for.

Ingenious. I have a fan in my window with a MERV 13 filter to filter out pollen and pollution before the air enters my house. Back in the day they had cleaner air.
Pollen is natural and problematic here.

no 911, mom worked my county until retirement and up to 1979 she was the one of a few that directed ems. in that time frame you had party calls and simply could without dialing talk to anyone of course any one could listen. numbers such as my dads and moms would be jo-3387, then later 9-3387. they got that number as a seven digit and I used the old way of listing it. most old numbers in our county were jo then 7-5-1 or 9 -xxxx.

First of all I do believe that we've gone way off topic but you've got me curious now. What existed before 911?

First of all I do believe that we've gone way off topic but you've got me curious now. What existed before 911?

You just called the number for the local police department or whatever. You had to put several different numbers by your phone in case of need. People didn't remember the numbers, so they came up with 911. Easy to remember, and the same even if you are on vacation in a different city.

Last edited:
You just called the number for the local police department or whatever. You had to put several different numbers by your phone in case of need. People didn't remember the numbers, so they came up with 911. Easy to remember, and the same even if you are on vacation in a different city.

what I remember is they were saying dial 0 for the operator.

Operator operator give me the police!

569cadfc6198dfc2364d6667bc864c664f3e5772.jpeg
569cadfc6198dfc2364d6667bc864c664f3e5772.jpeg
ca53ac9a22fdad070311b7f24950cb3ab24d66f9.jpeg
40c5504ad582535a4b411033b8567e11b6a7a6ca.jpeg
25e2ea3a56152c4cab38c603bb0d724ad24c55cd.jpeg
Photos of several potential Edison lights or copy cats,taken a few do work ,along with train station.
the bottom one is of and old car dealership from the 60s , it was before that when it was built irc. the awning there was the used car dealership and the body and garage is also visible. when I walked the alley way there I could make out where the air compressor was, typical of the time with the concrete wall, to the east its possible that its body shop was there as it has a few other as old shop nearby. its hard to think they sold cars with such little room for a show room. this one of two that I can photo and post here. the other is within walking distance of this. I have these on a route. im on the finishing end when It hit this place.

oh if the copy cat or legit Edison light in my photo is on the train station property it does work. the other one that is not did work up to a few years ago. there are few that are rotting near each other there. im unsure why two of them not part of the train station were left.

Makes sense that a historical society would preserve Edison lights.

There are a few auto dealers around that only have a few cars on their lots. I worked with a man who owned a car lot as a side job. Just a few cars. Another owned a few limousines and rented them out. Don't need a lot of inventory for a 2nd job. Just a few extra bucks.

Makes sense that a historical society would preserve Edison lights.

There are a few auto dealers around that only have a few cars on their lots. I worked with a man who owned a car lot as a side job. Just a few cars. Another owned a few limousines and rented them out. Don't need a lot of inventory for a 2nd job. Just a few extra bucks.
people bought them there is a house that is gated and acess by code that has its street leading to the house with these and they do work. to the north there is a street called beachcomber lane and its across from city hall for indian river shores that has them and most dont work and each house had one. I cant tell if these are knock off or simply moved. the city could have installed them years ago since indian river shores was around as a community since 1951 and didn't incorporate until 1953.

the sephamore in my photo is where the idea of a traffic light started. the man listed on that marker has a house that I have photos of. both his house and his child home still stand. the child home one is one of a mystery in that its large cross is unique and most think that was a church. it never was.

Its probably too expensive for many homeowners to replace them. They would just let them be, as long as they are harmless.

A cross is an interesting shape for a house. I wonder if they were Christians.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back