Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

why I don't trust trinitarians interpretations

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

shad

The Trinity is one God in three Divine Persons, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. They are of one substance, co-equal, and co-eternal. Their persons are distinct from each other, and have relate differently to each other within the Godhead. Each is fully God, but is not a separate God, it is one God.

Above quote is one of Trinitarian's. I asked him to quote the scriptures to prove his claim but he could not. I brought the doctrine of trinity because this is their biggest doctrine.

I use Jesus' teachings and warning when I make all my discernment. Jesus says bad trees cannot produce good fruit. Trinitarians are promoting sin by supporting the military which is against Jesus' teaching of "love your enemy". They are doing the exact opposite of what Jesus teaches by supporting and joining the military. This is another major rotten fruit as a whole. I realize that Mennonites are pacifists too but they are one of very few trinitarians.

Matthew 7:17
Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit.

Matthew 7:18
A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit.

Matthew 12:33
"Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad, for a tree is recognized by its fruit.

Luke 6:43
"No good tree bears bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit.

Matthew 5:43-48
43"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor[h] and hate your enemy.' 44But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Leviticus 19:18 (New International Version)
18 " 'Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD.

shad said:
I use Jesus' teachings and warning when I make all my discernment. Jesus says bad trees cannot produce good fruit. Trinitarians are promoting sin by supporting the military which is against Jesus' teaching of "love your enemy". They are doing the exact opposite of what Jesus teaches by supporting and joining the military. This is another major rotten fruit as a whole. I realize that Mennonites are pacifists too but they are one of very few trinitarians.

How do you come to the conclusion that "supporting and joining the military" equates to "rotten fruit"? Where does Jesus condemn this?

dadof10 said:
shad said:

How do you come to the conclusion that "supporting and joining the military" equates to "rotten fruit"? Where does Jesus condemn this?

Did you read the OP? I made it very clear why.

h

dadof10 said:
shad said:

Typical of these guys, Dad...

Focus on one thing that the Bible does not condemn outright, blame it on "trinitarians" as an excuse because they don't understand the profoundness of "GOD IS LOVE". Political correctness gone awry.

Regards

"And God said, let US make man in OUR image, after OUR likeness..." Gen 1:26.

"And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of US, to know good and evil..." Gen 3:22.

Jesus: Almighty - Rev 1:8
Jesus: Before Abraham - John 8:58.
Jesus: Creator - John 1:3
Jesus: Emmanuel - Mt 1:23 "God with us"
Jesus: God - Lu 1:47;John 1:1;Jude 25
Jesus: Image of the invisible God - Col 1:15
Jesus: Mighty God - Isa 9:6
Jesus: Everlasting Father - Isa 9:6
Jesus: Son of God - Mt 16:16;17:5;Lu 1:35;John 10:36

The Holy Spirit: "But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Ghost... thou hast not lied to men, but unto God." Acts 5:3,4.

Do you believe the Word of God?

The Scripture speaks of the Triune God - One in essence, three in person.

herald said:
"And God said, let US make man in OUR image, after OUR likeness..." Gen 1:26.

"And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of US, to know good and evil..." Gen 3:22.

Jesus: Almighty - Rev 1:8
Jesus: Before Abraham - John 8:58.
Jesus: Creator - John 1:3
Jesus: Emmanuel - Mt 1:23 "God with us"
Jesus: God - Lu 1:47;John 1:1;Jude 25
Jesus: Image of the invisible God - Col 1:15
Jesus: Mighty God - Isa 9:6
Jesus: Everlasting Father - Isa 9:6
Jesus: Son of God - Mt 16:16;17:5;Lu 1:35;John 10:36

The Holy Spirit: "But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Ghost... thou hast not lied to men, but unto God." Acts 5:3,4.

Do you believe the Word of God?

The Scripture speaks of the Triune God - One in essence, three in person.

(1) Where does the Bible say that "Father, Son and the Holy Spirit are co-equal"?
(2) Where does the Bible say that "Each is fully God, but is not a separate God, it is one God."?

thanks.

francisdesales said:

Focus on one thing that the Bible does not condemn outright, blame it on "trinitarians" as an excuse because they don't understand the profoundness of "GOD IS LOVE".

You are disrespecting and dishonoring Jesus' commands of "love your enemy" by supporting and joining the military.

Political correctness gone awry.

Practice of military is nothing but political correctness.

shad said:
dadof10 said:
shad said:

Did you read the OP? I made it very clear why.

h

I don't see a chapter or verse that backs up your conclusion that "They are doing the exact opposite of what Jesus teaches by supporting and joining the military".

Can you provide one? Where does Jesus speak of the military?

(1) Where does the Bible say that "Father, Son and the Holy Spirit are co-equal"?
(2) Where does the Bible say that "Each is fully God, but is not a separate God, it is one God."?

Thomas answered him, "My Lord and my God [Theos]!" 29 Jesus said to him, "Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe." (John (RSV) 20)

So, is Jesus God (Theos)?

francisdesales said:

Focus on one thing that the Bible does not condemn outright, blame it on "trinitarians" as an excuse because they don't understand the profoundness of "GOD IS LOVE". Political correctness gone awry.

Regards

Private interpretation....Aaaahhh. Gotta love it. You can find ANYTHING in there.

Here's to our boys and girls in the military, heroes all, who protect my family and I....And Shad.. :salute

dadof10 said:

Thomas answered him, "My Lord and my God [Theos]!" 29 Jesus said to him, "Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe." (John (RSV) 20)

[/quote]

You still cannot find the Scriptures for my questions.

shad said:
I have undeniable evidence that trinitarians can also be pacifists. Check it out.

minnesota said:
shad said:
I have undeniable evidence that trinitarians can also be pacifists. Check it out.

I am talking about the majority of Trinitarian churches. Pacifist are minority.

shad said:
minnesota said:
shad said:
I am talking about the majority of Trinitarian churches. Pacifist are minority.
Me too.

Shad,

With all due respect, I think adding the pacificism thing to the Trinitarian thing unnecessarily complicates what in fact may be a very valid conclusion.

The question might be asked - how does one look at a ICor8:6 or Jn 17:3 and walk away with a trinitarian view??? It simply cannot HONESTLY be done. Thus when you see such disregard for blatantly obvious statement - one would trust less other advocacies.

I think the other issue re: pacificism is that there are probably quite a few NON-trinitarians (Mormons?) who are gung-ho military.

So I don't think this is a good connection to make re: what might be a very valid point.

Peace,
In Him who is our Peace,
Anth

Anth said:
The question might be asked - how does one look at a ICor8:6 or Jn 17:3 and walk away with a trinitarian view??? It simply cannot HONESTLY be done. Thus when you see such disregard for blatantly obvious statement - one would trust less other advocacies.
I could have sworn the sign said, "No panhandling!"

I'm not trinitarian,
I support the military.
It's one of the few aspects of or government that I do still support!

I dont' think support of the military has its root in trinity or oneness.

T7

shad said:
dadof10 said:

You still cannot find the Scriptures for my questions.

OK, let's simplify this. WHOLE NEW QUESTION ON THE TOPIC OF JESUS' DIVINITY:

Anth said:
Shad,

With all due respect, I think adding the pacificism thing to the Trinitarian thing unnecessarily complicates what in fact may be a very valid conclusion.

I think the other issue re: pacificism is that there are probably quite a few NON-trinitarians (Mormons?) who are gung-ho military.

So I don't think this is a good connection to make re: what might be a very valid point.

Peace,
In Him who is our Peace,
Anth

Please read my OP, I explained why.

thank you.

Thunderz7 said:
I'm not trinitarian,
I support the military.
It's one of the few aspects of or government that I do still support!

I dont' think support of the military has its root in trinity or oneness.

T7

Jesus says "narrow is the road that leads to life".

dadof10 said:
shad said:
dadof10 said:
OK, let's simplify this. WHOLE NEW QUESTION ON THE TOPIC OF JESUS' DIVINITY:

Aren't you saying that Jesus is as equal to His Father? Where does it exactly saying in the Bible that Jesus is equal to His Father?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back