Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why Is The TN Christian School Shooter's Manifesto Being Kept Secret By FBI ?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Actually, the TBI (Tennessee) has the manifesto:

Investigators confiscated hard drives and handwritten journals from the home of the Covenant School shooter.

The contents remain a mystery though TBI Director David Rausch did share some details at a recent sheriffs' association meeting: That the killer did not write of specific political, religious or social issues and the primary focus in the writings was idolizing those who had committed prior school shootings.

The chicken comes before the egg in this case.
You don't idolize some vile hate filled cowardly killer unless you FIRST already have a heart filled with hate & aspirations of committing cowardly mass murder yourself.

This was an isolated loner living under Mama's roof, dependent for in every way by Mama.
Who is now long dead and buried by the way.
There is no law enforcement perspective that justifies the public being denied access so many weeks out that very soon we will be speaking in terms of months?

Cowardly killers who commit disgusting crimes are not worthy of my time. I don't even want to know there names, I wouldn't want to give them that pleasure and acknowledgment they want so im not interested in anything they have to say.

I will pray for there troubled souls that they might repent and be remorseful and that God might have mercy on them.

The chicken comes before the egg in this case.
You don't idolize some vile hate filled cowardly killer unless you FIRST already have a heart filled with hate & aspirations of committing cowardly mass murder yourself.
Seems to be a lot of that going around lately. We just had another in a mall near where I live. Supposedly seven dead. Thank God there was a police officer nearby who quickly took out the shooter. The problem is not evil or crazy people. The problem is that we make it easy for evil or crazy people to get guns that can rapidly kill many others.
There is no law enforcement perspective that justifies the public being denied access so many weeks out that very soon we will be speaking in terms of months?
Well, you might ask the republicans running Tennessee why they're holding that information back so long. They've already told you that it has nothing religious, political, or social in it.

Seems to be a lot of that going around lately. We just had another in a mall near where I live. Supposedly seven dead. Thank God there was a police officer nearby who quickly took out the shooter. The problem is not evil or crazy people. The problem is that we make it easy for evil or crazy people to get guns that can rapidly kill many others.
In the many years that I frequented Malls as a teen during the 70's guns were much easier to purchase.
Write that down.
And during those several years not once can I remember a mass shooting at a mall, store, market.
The ever increasing frequency combined with stricter gun laws that now exist in 2000's compared to those which existed in the 1970's renders your explanation to be pure sophistry.
A recalculation of your explanation is in order.

Well, you might ask the republicans running Tennessee why they're holding that information back so long. They've already told you that it has nothing religious, political, or social in it.
The same police officials first said that according to the writing of the coward the murders where based in a " deep resentment " of being forced to attend a Christian school.

How then can there be nothing religious written in it?
Both cannot be true .
Which one does the fact that they are afraid to release it tell you is most likely to be true?

U.S.

Nashville shooter may have felt ‘resentment’ toward school, police chief says​

By Peter Sblendorio
New York Daily News

But I guess we should ,asi personally know cops who actually mention no mental health support .suicide rates twice as much as veterans ,disarm the govt .

You simply don't tell the higher ups you hurt when you see kids dead,had to kill ..
If you do then you loose your job.
Ironic asking them to baker act the same type of guy who has thoughts they get and control and he has a bad day .

My statement comes from a mixture of three veterans ,retired cops .three of them saying that a week ago .

In Florida .you can be a cop but not purchase a gun lawfully ,so the senior cops will buy it for you .I believe that is the ar 15,but I hear it's the sidearms not all agencies issue weapons .

The same police officials first said that according to the writing of the coward the murders where based in a " deep resentment " of being forced to attend a Christian school.

How then can there be nothing religious written in it?
Your link says "may have." The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation has the documents and says that there isn't. I don't think they are lying. It's possible that the police could be lying to protect an atheist murderer. Seems unlikely, though.

In Florida, police deliberately violate the law? I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but I am. Rot starts at the top.
Well you hire cops and have a shortage .
Pass all the law all you want and it won't be enforced.

Some laws are stupid .

Said kid can enlist flarmg ,became a mp.and be called to serve along side local cops fully armed and arresting and have far less training .

But that law

Some laws are stupid .
Living in Florida, you probably have personal experience with stupid laws. But really, that's the case everywhere.

Yes, it was surprising to learn that many departments screen out applicants if their intelligence tests are too high. Yes, that's right, many places won't hire someone to be a cop, if he's significantly smarter than average.

Jordan, a 49-year-old college graduate, took the exam in 1996 and scored 33 points, the equivalent of an IQ of 125. But New London police interviewed only candidates who scored 20 to 27, on the theory that those who scored too high could get bored with police work and leave soon after undergoing costly training.
But the U.S. District Court found that New London had “shown a rational basis for the policy.” In a ruling dated Aug. 23, the 2nd Circuit agreed. The court said the policy might be unwise but was a rational way to reduce job turnover.

They're good with cops being a bit dumber than average, but not much smarter than average. And yet we grant them a huge amount of trust and power. No wonder we have things go wrong so often. I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often. BTW, the "expensive training" for most police departments is probably less than you had to go through for your job.

A matter of weeks

Police training in the U.S. is most often measured in weeks, while in many other countries it is measured in months or years.

"Our training is outdated, antiquated, and is trying to do on the cheap what other places have done in a comprehensive way," PERF Executive Director Chuck Wexler told ABC News.

A 2018 Justice Department study of state and local law enforcement training academies found that the average length of core basic police training in the U.S. is 833 hours, or less than 22 weeks. A more recent survey by PERF found a similar result, with responding agencies reporting an average of 20 weeks of basic police training.

In comparison, police recruits in Japan get between 15 and 21 months of training. Police in Germany get 2.5 years of training. And in Finland, police education takes three years to complete.

Living in Florida, you probably have personal experience with stupid laws. But really, that's the case everywhere.

Yes, it was surprising to learn that many departments screen out applicants if their intelligence tests are too high. Yes, that's right, many places won't hire someone to be a cop, if he's significantly smarter than average.

Jordan, a 49-year-old college graduate, took the exam in 1996 and scored 33 points, the equivalent of an IQ of 125. But New London police interviewed only candidates who scored 20 to 27, on the theory that those who scored too high could get bored with police work and leave soon after undergoing costly training.
But the U.S. District Court found that New London had “shown a rational basis for the policy.” In a ruling dated Aug. 23, the 2nd Circuit agreed. The court said the policy might be unwise but was a rational way to reduce job turnover.

They're good with cops being a bit dumber than average, but not much smarter than average. And yet we grant them a huge amount of trust and power. No wonder we have things go wrong so often. I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often. BTW, the "expensive training" for most police departments is probably less than you had to go through for your job.

A matter of weeks

Police training in the U.S. is most often measured in weeks, while in many other countries it is measured in months or years.

"Our training is outdated, antiquated, and is trying to do on the cheap what other places have done in a comprehensive way," PERF Executive Director Chuck Wexler told ABC News.

A 2018 Justice Department study of state and local law enforcement training academies found that the average length of core basic police training in the U.S. is 833 hours, or less than 22 weeks. A more recent survey by PERF found a similar result, with responding agencies reporting an average of 20 weeks of basic police training.

In comparison, police recruits in Japan get between 15 and 21 months of training. Police in Germany get 2.5 years of training. And in Finland, police education takes three years to complete.

The left praised Rick Scott for that gun law .

But why would you ever today become a cop .

When you can win a criminal case of lawful defense or use of force but loose your pants to the victims family .

When you have no PTSD support ,worry if you can live in peace and not hide your family and house .I can look up public sales records of all but Leo and I have no problem with that safeguard but it is a reason I wouldn't

This is quite common .my county openly won't say it but it's got it
.the city I work for has said we have never been able to fill slots at times and now ask for more because of the school resource officers .

Some of that is because of better pay elsewhere .

Your link says "may have." The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation has the documents and says that there isn't. I don't think they are lying. It's possible that the police could be lying to protect an atheist murderer. Seems unlikely, though.
So we have some officials say "May have" and other officials saying there's "nothing" ?
Well that clears everything up.
maybe , possibly, likely ?
Why do you think every time one of these shooting happens where no final note is written one of the most common statements relaeased is:

" authorities are continuing to search for a MOTIVE" ?

I'll tell you why that statement is so commonly released.
It's because when they are able to discern the most likely motive they RELEASE what they suspect was the motive to the public , along with what evidence they found that led them to believe the motive .
It is the standard law enforcement policy to inform the public what they have found to be the motive.

Yet here we are with a final testament left by the killer sitting in their lap , and the public, including grieving family members , and a host of other Christian schools throughout the country left to wonder if they represent a motive as well.

So we have some officials say "May have" and other officials saying there's "nothing" ?
In fact, the people who have the documents:
Investigators confiscated hard drives and handwritten journals from the home of the Covenant School shooter.

The contents remain a mystery though TBI Director David Rausch did share some details at a recent sheriffs' association meeting:
That the killer did not write of specific political, religious or social issues and the primary focus in the writings was idolizing those who had committed prior school shootings.

Well that clears everything up.

Unless you think the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation is lying about it. Seems unlikely.

Why do you think every time one of these shooting happens where no final note is written one of the most common statements relaeased is:

" authorities are continuing to search for a MOTIVE" ?
Apparently, this one left some notes.
Yet here we are with a final testament left by the killer sitting in their lap , and the public, including grieving family members , and a host of other Christian schools throughout the country left to wonder if they represent a motive as well.
Well, the Bureau is headed by a conservative republican, but I'm thinking that he isn't lying about this. We'll know eventually.

In fact, the people who have the documents:

The contents remain a mystery though TBI Director David Rausch did share some details at a recent sheriffs' association meeting:
That the killer did not write of specific political, religious or social issues and the primary focus in the writings was idolizing those who had committed prior school shootings.
With no "
specific political, religious or social issues "
as the cause what then would draw this person directly to attack the only Christian school they ever attended in the3rd & 4th grade ?
Just two years.
What about the other schools they attended for a much longer period of time .
I've seen the mindset like yours before that when someone is shot & killed by the police and there is unreleased body cam footage of the shooting you feel there is no need to release it to the public as long as the police agencies say it was a justified shooting you are satisfied with what the police say .
Must people are not that gullible .
The sunlight will eventually shine on this and we will see how your staunch backing of police withholding evidence in killings , telling the public to suck it up , nothing to see here, believe what we tell you and then go away reveals who are the gullible ones.

as the cause what then would draw this person directly to attack the only Christian school they ever attended in the3rd & 4th grade ?
According to the TBI, some kind of fixation on school shootings. But not, as they have admitted, about social, political, or religious issues.

I've seen the mindset like yours before that when someone is shot & killed by the police and there is unreleased body cam footage of the shooting you feel there is no need to release it to the public as long as the police agencies say it was a justified shooting you are satisfied with what the police say .
If that's your mindset, then one of us has it. I'm merely pointing out what the TBI says about the material they seized. What, exactly, would be the payoff for them to lie about it? You feel for some kind of story about them lying. Most people aren't that gullible.

The sunlight will eventually shine on this and we will see how your staunch backing of police withholding evidence in killings
You're a little confused here. The evidence was seized and preserved. I don't see a motive for them lying about what's in it. Because there is a large amount of material, I don't doubt that they are still sorting through it. When it is eventually released we'll know if the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation is lying. But I don't see a motive here.

telling the public to suck it up , nothing to see here, believe what we tell you and then go away reveals who are the gullible ones.
If you think that's what the state of Tennessee is saying then I'd have to say you were more than a little gullible.

According to the TBI, some kind of fixation on school shootings. But not, as they have admitted, about social, political, or religious issues.

If that's your mindset, then one of us has it. I'm merely pointing out what the TBI says about the material they seized. What, exactly, would be the payoff for them to lie about it? You feel for some kind of story about them lying.
If they are not lying what possible reason is there for hiding the murder manifesto.
It would only support what they say , right ?
Hiding something from everybody, while at the same time claiming what you are hiding backs up your claim is tyhe method of snake oil salesmen and carnival hucksters .
There are suckers born every minute to believe what is being claimed about what is being hidden though.
You can't name one rational for not releasing it ?
That why you won't attempt to name a rational reason.

If they are not lying what possible reason is there for hiding the murder manifesto.
To start with, it's not just a "manifesto." It's lots of hard drive material, artwork, and other written material. I doubt if they've even gotten through all of it.
You can't name one rational for not releasing it ?
That's just one of many possible reasons. Can you name even one rational purpose for the conservative republicans running the TBI to lie about it when they said the material didn't give religious, social, or political reasons for the attack?

Back