Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why is USA in Iraq?

USA is in Iraq because:

• OIL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • To gain a middle east economic stronghold

• OIL and a middle east economic stronghold

• Other

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Not at all... I ship out when it becomes a series of ad hominems or other debate destroying tactics instead of clear, decisive discussion.

BL

Blue-Lightning said:
Not at all... I ship out when it becomes a series of ad hominems or other debate destroying tactics instead of clear, decisive discussion.

BL

And you are the ultimate authority who defines when a debate is good and when it is not n'est pas?

I am the ultimate authority for myself. I'm not going to ask fo' wooz peumisun on when to weeve du debate if that's what your asking.

BL

Blue-Lightning said:
I am the ultimate authority for myself. I'm not going to ask fo' wooz peumisun on when to weeve du debate if that's what your asking.

BL

Well then you don't need to inform me or anyone else whether a debate is good or not then since it is only your opinion for yourself.

It is my perogative on whether or not I share my opinion with others.

BL

Blue-Lightning said:
It is my perogative on whether or not I share my opinion with others.

BL

Good, now we are at least sure it is just an opinion.

It is a formulated opinion. I base my opinion on logical processes which give it more credibility in my mind.

So how much longer until you switch into some "meat" or do you want to play this little game forever?

BL

Blue-Lightning said:
It is a formulated opinion. I base my opinion on logical processes which give it more credibility in my mind.

So how much longer until you switch into some "meat" or do you want to play this little game forever?

BL

I suppose it would be when you are finished grandstanding.

If using logical responses is grandstanding, then guilty as charged.

BL

Blue-Lightning said:
If using logical responses is grandstanding, then guilty as charged.

BL

Yes, grandstanding. Just like that.

You're entitled to your opinions, I just hope you formulate them. :wink:

BL

BL, as you know, some people, when you disagree with them, become irritable and self-righteous. And it often shows in the tone of the words in their post(s), which puts others on the defensive. I find it manipulative. :sad

I find it fun to see people get frustrated with me because their logic is faulty (not directing this at anyone or at this thread). I find it uplifting when somone -- myself included -- learns something from a debate.

BL

Blue-Lightning said:
I find it fun to see people get frustrated with me because their logic is faulty (not directing this at anyone or at this thread). I find it uplifting when somone -- myself included -- learns something from a debate.

BL

Yes, there are no ad homiems from you LOL. Is that "uplifting" feeling another word for "pride?"

An ad hominem is when you tear down the debater instead of their debate. In order for you to believe that I used an ad hominem, you would have to believe that I did not really mean what I said in the parenthesis. That would mean you feel I was being dishonest. Dishonesty = lying.

I don't appreciate that.

I used uplifting because it is uplifting. If I wanted to use pride, I would have used pride. You wish I had used that word because you have a false understanding of me.

BL

Blue-Lightning said:
An ad hominem is when you tear down the debater instead of their debate. In order for you to believe that I used an ad hominem, you would have to believe that I did not really mean what I said in the parenthesis. That would mean you feel I was being dishonest. Dishonesty = lying.

I don't appreciate that.

I used uplifting because it is uplifting. If I wanted to use pride, I would have used pride. You wish I had used that word because you have a false understanding of me.

BL

Uh huh.

Well, since you agree that you have a false perception of me, at least that explains a lot.

You might want to be more specific than "Uh-huh" in the future. :wink:

BL

We Had Been Planning This War Since 1997

john_316 said:
:lol: bush just wents to stay in the white house for 4 more years that
is why he was talking to all of us last week or week before that. he is not going to get my vote this year we just need to pray :lol:

Actually, there is evidence that men who would become leaders in the United States in the Bush Administration wanted us in Iraq so that we would have a PERMANENT military presence in Iraq so that we could make war or defend from several global fronts if necessary. This was being considered and planned by them even BEFORE 911 as revealed in a document written in 2000. Check out "Rebuilding America's Defenses" linked below.

http://www.newamericancentury.org/Rebui ... fenses.pdf

It reads as follows on page 14: "While the unresolved conflict with Iraz provides the immediate justification, the need for a substantial American force presence in the Gulf transcends the issue of the regime of Saddam Hussein." In other words, we had planned to go to war there, or at least to take charge and have a military presence in the Gulf whether Saddam Hussein was there or not. Our charge that there were weapons of mass destruction was only an excuse to get us there, eliminate whatever regime happened to be there (it happened to be Hussein), and establish our presence there so we could have a strategic military presence at that spot in the globe.

The people behind the document above are an organization called "Project for a New American Century." This organization is made up of many of the people who became and remain significant personnel in the Bush Administration (and others like Dan Quayle, former Vice President of the United States under his father; and Jeb Bush, his brother and governor of Florida where the controversy surrounding votes at the Presidential election were resolved to his brother George W.'s best interest!). These are important names behind the project:

William Bennett
Jeb Bush
Dick Cheney
Dan Quayle
Donald Rumsfeld
Paul Wolfowitz

Check it out here:

http://www.newamericancentury.org/state ... ciples.htm

Prayer is important. Knowledge about what is going on in this world and in our country informs the prayers we pray.

2ThingsSure

Intoxicated by Life said:
mcrees said:
Is it Christian to kill to save American lives?? In the case of WWII, YES.

Qualify that please.

First of all, war kills people. Does it matter how many are killed with one bomb? Is this any different than using several "regular" bombs?

The nation of Japan bombed US first, the treated their POWs very badly and if we didn't use nukes, we would have invaded Japan. It has been said that more lives would've been lost in an invasion than was lost in both cities. (Sorry, I cannot remember where I read that.)

My father was in the South Pasific and would've been involved in an invasion. Maybe I'm selfish, but I glad that he didn't have to invade Japan.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back