Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why is USA in Iraq?

USA is in Iraq because:

• OIL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • To gain a middle east economic stronghold

• OIL and a middle east economic stronghold

• Other

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I satnd corrected, we are a Holy Nation.

Our earthly leader is George Bush, our Spiritual leader is Christ. Render therefore unto Caesar (Bush) the things which be Caesar's (Bush's) and unto God the things which be God's.

mcrees said:
I satnd corrected, we are a Holy Nation.

Our earthly leader is George Bush, our Spiritual leader is Christ.

Sounds almost like Roman Catholicism. Indeed, that is where these ideas came from.

Render therefore unto Caesar (Bush) the things which be Caesar's (Bush's) and unto God the things which be God's.

But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's own people

So who you gonna render yourself to? Were the early Christians wrong to disobey Caear?

God and Bush are in agreement? Whatever Bush does God wanted him to do? Sounds like an American version of the Pope and the Catholic church.

I have to say I find it a bit troubing that an Amerian would regard Bush similar to Emperor Caesar. But I guess the truth is that a "President" is just a name for the Amerian King?

And America is the Holy Nation of God now?

Or does God have many holy nations?

And how do these nations fit in with his holy nation the church?

JMW

Yes, Bush is the leader of this nation. And it isn't Roman catholicism. We are supposed to support these leaders. Rom. 13:1 "Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God."

Those in America who are believers are part of God's holy nation. Everyone I know who is a profound Bible believer has a patriotism and a respect for the offices of our country.

antitox said:
"Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God."

Including Hitler?

Of course not, but you stated your question right after the Romans 13 quote. :roll:

antitox said:
Of course not, but you stated your question right after the Romans 13 quote. :roll:

So it was a good thing for the nation of Germany to respect and obey Hitler?

antitox said:
Once again, of course not.

And why did you quote this passage?

Rom. 13:1 "Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God."

Jesus My Wisdom said:
antitox said:
Once again, of course not.

And why did you quote this passage?

Rom. 13:1 "Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God."

The discussion involved a U.S. President, not a cold-blooded dictator.
Are you trying to change the discussion?

antitox said:

Why does this not include Hitler?

Hitler overstepped his proper function as an authority. When that happens, I believe a Christian is to obey God rather than man.

There are examples of this in Acts 4:19 and 5:29

Veritas said:
Hitler overstepped his proper function as an authority. When that happens, I believe a Christian is to obey God rather than man.

There are examples of this in Acts 4:19 and 5:29

At what point EXACTLY did Hitler overstep? When should people know to turn against their leaders? Where is the point where it suddenly changes?

Intoxicated by Life wrote:
At what point EXACTLY did Hitler overstep? When should people know to turn against their leaders? Where is the point where it suddenly changes?

Ideally, I've already answered this: when the "proper function" is lost. But I know what you're asking, and I don't even know if we can determine this in hindsight. Maybe we can and I just don't know. But I do know this is one of the questions that the German theologian Dietrich Bonhoeffer struggled with during that time. If you're interested, you should check out some of his works.

I'm sorry I can't answer better. But I think that every situation is different and there may not be a recognizable point for us to see. It may be that the best we can do is to try to make our whole life an answer to the call of God, and act accordingly.

Then how are we to know? I think ordering an onprovolked attack against a country after the rest of the world, including the Pope, has all but begged us not to, seems a downright evil thing to do. If I had givin the order I would fully expect to find the afterlife rather unpleasant...

Fantomex said:
Well, I went to Iraq to help the Iraqi people gain freedom :biggrin

Do you think that's why you were sent there?

And also, you in a unique position to answer- do you think they're gratefull?

Intoxicated by Life said:
Fantomex said:
Well, I went to Iraq to help the Iraqi people gain freedom :biggrin

Do you think that's why you were sent there?

And also, you in a unique position to answer- do you think they're gratefull?

Actually I am not in a position to say if they are grateful or not. I was on a boat and did not come in contact with any Iraqi people.

But I do wholeheatedly believe the reason I was sent was to give those people freedom.

Thanks to everyone who suppourts our troops

Back