Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Why Jesus did not come to save everyone

John Zain

Why everyone is not invited to salvation

In case you missed it, Paul spent 14 years (Ephesians 2:1) in the desert regions ...
being trained by the Lord in spiritual Truth ... before really beginning his ministry.

He says that man has no excuse for not recognizing God: in nature, in the heavens, and in his conscience.
I.E. Man has no excuse for not seeing there is a Creator God, and for not wanting to follow and please Him.

He also says that natural man is at enmity with (an enemy of) God.

He also says that natural man (who is perishing spiritually) sees the gospel as “foolishness” (1 Cor 1:18).
Now, just what does this have to do with any kind of free will?
Does the natural unsaved man choose to see the gospel as foolishness?

Others have said that it takes a miracle for man to want to follow God vs. following his own fallen nature.

I know there are plenty of verses which say that man has a choice (but they can be explained).
But, the Lord sees man's heart ... and He knows who He desires to save.
All of those “anyone”s who can believe the foolish gospel simply have been elected by God to believe.

All men are not created the same ... witness how Paul quotes Isaiah re: the potter and the clay.
Many verses tell us exactly the attributes of those whom the Lord desires to have with Him in heaven.
God saw Pharaoh's hardened heart and He knew what choices Pharaoh would make because of it,
so He merely hardened it further.

But, those who actually choose God ... have been given this desire, faith, etc. by the Lord.
Also, man appearing to have the freedom to choose warrants evangelists going to the 4 corners of the earth.
And the Lord Himself personally revealed to me the 2 reasons why He insists on the lost being evangelized:
(1) The elect must hear the gospel in order for them to respond to it. (Note: this is God's plan of salvation.)
(2) The non-elect must hear the gospel so they cannot complain at the Judgment that they never heard it.

Re (1): The illusion that man appears to be free to choose the gospel hides the ugly Truth (to us)
that it is God who chooses. Remember, Jesus said that He chose us and not the other way around.

But THE KEY to this whole deal is:
(a) Man has a terribly-flawed human sin nature, which destines him to be separated from God.
(b) God, therefore, owes no man anything, which is another ugly Truth (to us).
(c) God has the authority to do whatever He damn well pleases. Sorry for putting it so bluntly.

All in all, to me, the evidence weighs quite heavily on the side of foreknowledge, predestination, election, etc.

Tips on how to start a new thread:
Keep post #1 real short, and direct people to post #2.
This will prevent your initial post from being all messed up with advertising.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well good friend!:yes Even though I love you as with all, I do not buy into your very false posting, as I see it!:sad

If God created 'mankind' with no opportunity for salvation & for all to be predestined to either eternal life or eternal death burning on & on in hell with immortality, then I would not be saved because I would then believe that the [Godhead] would all be far worse than the devil himself, who the post would also have to included as all 'programed brain dead robot' who could not be saved. (angels + even other world's!)

But, let me just add to the title that Christ in His Words from the Bible tell's us that even in His second salvational book of nature there will be saved ones who had never even heard of Him as we have, and these [ALSO] have a intelligent brain for choosing the Holy Spirit's 'Strivings'.

Rom. 2:14-15
[14] For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
[15] Which shew the [work of the law written in their hearts], their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)

And just one last point!:thumbsup This doctrine as 'i' see it is just one of many that points out that it is classed with the Rev. 17:1-5 very dangerous 'ETERNALLY REJECTED' teaching!

The question is not did the Godhead know in ETERNITY of who would be saved or lost. Of course They do & did! (last part of Rom. 4:17) The question that is Vital is that of who of these would MATURE with the Lord's Free Provisions BY A WORKING FAITH ONLY to be saved Eternally? That is what Their PLAN was & IS ALL ABOUT! (Nah. 1:9) They know, but we only know by OBEDIENT WORKING FAITH.

Note these couple Words from them on the way out...

Deut. 30
[14] But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.[15] See, I have set before thee this day [life and good, and death and evil;]
16 In that I command thee this day to love the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commandments and his statutes and his judgments, that thou mayest live and multiply: and the LORD thy God shall bless thee in the land whither thou goest to possess it.
[17] But if thine heart turn away, so that thou wilt not hear, but shalt be drawn away, and worship other gods, and serve them;
[18] I denounce unto you this day, that ye shall surely perish, and that ye shall not prolong your days upon the land, whither thou passest over Jordan to go to possess it.

[19] [[[I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:]]]

Josh.
[15] And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

--Elijah

There is more than one day of salvation. Else one cannot explain...

Joh 12:39 Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,
Joh 12:40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

What do you mean, they could not believe because God blinded their eyes and hardened their heart?

Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

This was done for a great purpose.

Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

Even those who could not believe. Question is when?

Rev 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works

At the end of the 1000 years, when the books (all 66 of them) are opened to them. When the miracle of Luke 24:45 occurs for them. When they have 100 years of knowing the truth of God. Isa 65:17-25

The fat lady has not sung yet for these people, God has a plan and He is reaping a harvest in stages. 1 Cor 15:22-24 This short passage covers the history of the earth for 7000 years. From Adam to Rev 22. It is very abbreviated and you must go to other scriptures to fill it in. You know, "here a little and there a little."

John 12:39-40 Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,
He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes,
nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

What do you mean, they could not believe because God blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts?

Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery,
lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel,
until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

This was done for a great purpose.
The OT says that because the Jews failed miserably, God did not heal them of their spiritual blindness and
deafness, but dispersed them to the four corners of the earth, and promised to bring them home later.

Yes, God's great purpose was a great mystery to the Jews.
The Lord knew that man's representatives would fail miserably, etc.
and that He would offer salvation to the Gentiles, which would make the Jews jealous.

I am not 100% sure that my premise is correct, but I sure do find it interesting.

Elijah,

There is a huge difference in God's purposes for the OT and NT.

For His "new covenant" (Jeremiah 31:31++), the Triune God said in agreement:
"These hopelessly sinful idiots (man's representatives) are totally impossible (because of their sin nature).
And We have proved this to the whole human race through Our chosen people for 2500 years (2 1/2 days).
They failed to gain salvation their way (through works).
Now, We will do it Our way ... We will choose whom We will choose,
and give them the Holy Spirit, and they will be Our people and We will be their God."

ὃς πάντας ἀνθρώπους θέλει σωθῆναι καὶ εἰς ἐπίγνωσιν ἀληθείας ἐλθεῖν
who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

1 Tim 2:4

It is exceedingly possible that people's favorite verses such as:
"The Lord is ... not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance." (2 Peter 3:9)
"... for the Son of man has come to seek and save that which was lost." (Luke 19:10)
CAN refer to ONLY the elect of God.

The OP is correct because the Triune God KNEW the logos (the Word ... sorry, not "Jesus")
wasn't coming to save everyone. So, it is admittedly kind of a trick OP.

FAITH must be a GIFT from God (which is only through His GRACE).
God does NOT have to give this gift to EVERYONE ... Scripture is full of who His favorite people are.
Since man is incapable, IT MUST BE BY GRACE ... End of story.
Would God impart this free gift of grace upon Hitler, Stalin, etc.? ... I don't see it.

People just cannot get the full revelation of MAN's DISASTROUS and HOPELESS CONDITION.
Many cannot see that man inherits this condition, and that he has no choice but to be a sinner.
We're talking about man's condition vs. the condition of a totally Holy God.
God simply will not allow unsaved, unredeemed, unsanctified, etc. man to be with Him in Heaven.

Check the OP for WHY God makes the Scriptures appear that salvation is available for everyone.

God proved in the OT (through His specially-chosen, highly favored, and coddled people) that
it is IMPOSSIBLE for fallen and sin-ridden man to choose and satisfy God on his own
... and try to understand what IMPOSSIBLE means.
God's chosen people were man's representatives ... and they proved what our condition really is.
So, God says: "Since man is incapable of choosing, I'll do the choosing."
And Scripture is full of who His favorite people are.

Ephesians 2:1
Don't you mean Galatians?

Paul spent 14 years in the desert regions . . . being trained by the Lord in spiritual Truth . . before really beginning his ministry.
It was in Arabia; and the years were only three; not fourteen. (Gal 1:15-18)

The itinerary recorded at Gal 2:1 was Paul's second visit to Jerusalem, not his first— coming at the end of Paul's missionary journeys that began at Acts 9:20 and culminated at Acts 15:2 with the circumcision question. In point of fact, Paul's first sermon was preached in a Damascus synagogue as early as Acts 9:19-20 fourteen years prior to his second visit to Jerusalem. In between those two visits; Paul was a very busy missionary.

Cliff
/

ὃς πάντας ἀνθρώπους θέλει σωθῆναι καὶ εἰς ἐπίγνωσιν ἀληθείας ἐλθεῖν
who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

1 Tim 2:4

Not to nit pick, but a more proper translation would be:
who would have all men to be saved, and come to the knowledge of the truth.

Ancient Greek isnt really big on punctuation, however it still needs some, as well a slight difference in the wording for desires vs would have.

I have a hard time following that YHWH gave instructions of how to follow him if he has already chosen His people. I have a hard time believing that YHWH sent His Son to take the sins of those that choose him if YHWH already chose for us. It takes the whole purpose away from living on this Earth. Jesus only came to save those that follow him, no one else. He will give the People's Elbow to the rest. Cue wardrobe change.

Join Zain....Oh! sorry 'John Zain', the title itself is scary, honestly. But, it's true - not all will make heaven:sad

Do we need duress? No: preach to people, tell them about Christ. Some would say, I need Him. Of course a lot others would say, Take a hike, fools.:sad

Many are called - few are chosen!!!
All are warned - some listen!
Mat. 24:40
Then two shall be in the field: one shall be taken,and one shall be left. (This makes me think once there are 50 individuals - 25 enter heaven and...:sad)

But, those who actually choose God ... have been given this desire, faith, etc. by the Lord. - John Zain

John Zain,

If I understood what you said, you're saying that God has created some people who have been given attributes, and because of these attributes, God has chosen them over others. Now, this begs the question, why did God give those people the redeeming attributes and not others? I'm not disagreeing with you that God chooses, but I am asking do we know how He chooses.

- Davies

If I understood what you said, you're saying that God has created some people
who have been given attributes, and because of these attributes, God has chosen them over others.
Now, this begs the question, why did God give those people the redeeming attributes and not others?
I'm not disagreeing with you that God chooses, but I am asking do we know how He chooses.

God knows peoples’ hearts, thoughts, motives, etc.
“… the LORD searches every heart and understands every motive behind the thoughts” (1 Chronicles 28:9).
“I am the One who searches the hearts and minds of people” (Revelation 2:23)
More: 1 Samuel 16:7, 1 Kings 8:39, Psalm 44:21, Proverbs 20:27, Jeremiah 17:10

God knows the type of people He wants to spend eternity with
“I dwell in the high and holy place with him who has a contrite and humble spirit(Isaiah 57:15)
More: 2 Samuel 22:28, (Psalm 34:18, 149:4), Proverbs 3:34, Zephaniah 3:12, James 4:6
A repentant heart towards God is absolutely necessary:
“… unless you repent you will all likewise perish (physically & spiritually) (Luke 13:3, 5)
Truly, the poor (in various ways) are the most likely to have the right heart attitude:
“He (Father God) has anointed Me (Jesus) to preach the gospel to the poor” (Luke 4:18)
“Has God not chosen the poor to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom?” (James 2:5)
More: (Isaiah 61:1, 66:2), Luke 7:22, Matthew 11:5

Maybe people can just choose to be humble, for example.
Then, God says, "Hmmmm, nice. Think I'll choose him."

Maybe people can just choose to be humble, for example.
Then, God says, "Hmmmm, nice. Think I'll choose him."

Hi John,

That is the debate, whether we can choose or not. In my struggle to come to grips with the Calvinist view, I believe that every person is given the opportunity to choose God, and when we see passages regarding God's choice, we are really talking about those who chose to repent, humble themselves, and receive the gift of pardon. God is the one who chooses, but I think he gives us the rules by which He chooses. So, does God purposefully blind people so they can't be saved? I think this is contrary to sending His son to die on the cross. Why are people condemned for eternity? Because they rejected His offer and they can blame nobody but themselves. Although we are given Romans 9:15, there is so much more in the Bible describing how God has striven with man that he might repent and turn to God. Does God strive in order to cut off someone? I think God strives with man to show him He did everything He could in order to keep him from Hell which is a considerable mercy knowing that God did not have to do anything for him.

Romans 9:15
New King James Version (NKJV)
15 For He says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whomever I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whomever I will have compassion.â€[a]

Footnotes:
Romans 9:15 Exodus 33:19

- Davies

Honestly though... NOT everybody is given the opportunity to come to Christ. Millions and millions live and die without EVER hearing the Good News.

God chose Israel and NOT the Philistines, Amalekites or Canaanites.

If it’s “up to me†then I have, in fact, saved myself…

Think about that.

-HisSHeep

Honestly though... NOT everybody is given the opportunity to come to Christ. Millions and millions live and die without EVER hearing the Good News.

God chose Israel and NOT the Philistines, Amalekites or Canaanites.

If it’s “up to me†then I have, in fact, saved myself…

Think about that.

-HisSHeep

Hello HisSHeep,

I took the command to think literally, so, I ask the question, if those who don't receive the pardon through Jesus, will they be able to blame God for remaining in the the state of condemnation? The death of His Son isn't consistent with not giving people a chance(John 3:16), and we know His blood could atone for anyone. As you have received forgiveness of your sins, you wouldn't say you saved yourself, yet, you still did the receiving.

- Your Brother Sheep, Davies

The Words of Jesus and the Apostles are open, available to be read and understood by believers.

What is taught as fact on these matters? Why debate this?

Where the Word is sown, Satan enters the hearts to steal and to blind and to deceive and to eventually kill. This is the working of Satan in MAN.

In the unbeliever, Jesus' Words then ARE FULLY TRUE and TRUTH.

Why don't believers see that fact?

Paul taught us as well, that if anyone doesn't believe, that it is the 'god of this world' that BLINDS their minds. Jesus' Words then are again shown by Paul to be TRUE and TRUTH. Paul taught exactly the same matter. The 'god of this world' blinds their minds so they can NOT believe. You could spoon feed the unbelievers Word all the day long. WHO is there upon their minds to STEAL those Words of Jesus and to BLIND them to the Gospel? Are believers so blind they can not see this simple fact?

Paul told us that we ourselves prior to belief were bound by that same spirit, the spirit of disobedience, the PRINCE OF THE POWER OF THE AIR. That too is SATAN. You too were likewise blinded. You couldn't see for all the tea in China. Why? Because Satan is GIVEN that power to blind by GOD.

Where the Word is sown that IS what happens. It's a fact. It's solid. It's Gods Word. There is no choice for anyone in this matter. The 'god of this world, SATAN, the prince of the power of the air, the spirit of disobedience is A FACT.

Is God not capable of curing BLINDNESS? God could cure us all with the snap of His Finger and EVERYONE could be instantly without sin as Jesus and that would be the end of the matters of SATAN. The absurd notion that anyone has a 'choice' is flat out absurdity. No one chooses whether or not Satan blinds them. Satan does what Satan does. No man chooses to unblind himself via choice. They are not the only party involved. Satan also has a role. Satan's role is set. Satan's role is to BLIND and to make UNbelievers. That is what Satan does and Satan happens to be very very successful in this matter.

Believers themselves can't even witness to this fact. When was the last time you heard a preacher tell the unbelievers that it is the god of this world who blinds their minds and that SATAN is their controller? I sat in churches for decades in the mainstream channels and NEVER ONCE was this fact stated. No, not ONCE!! How truthful then is that preaching? It is not truthful at all because there are NO FACTS of God delivered. Is God going to deliver without TRUTH? Is God going to honor HALF truths? Yes, God will even give a smattering to half truths. But it is GOD who gives that sight regardless of the half truths of men who proclaim Christ as our Savior.

So the determinist in this matter is right. It is only God who chooses who will be enabled to hear. Without Satan being pulled back NO ONE would hear. No one. No, not ONE. No one would seek. No one would ask. Satan would be 100% completely successful and that would be only because GOD ALLOWED it to be so.

What I object to by the determinist camp is this. It is incumbent for believers, for TRUE and TRUTHFUL witnesses to witness to the fact of blindness. God sets this up PRECISELY for US to speak TRUTH. God rewards HIS TRUTH. And we are all quite pathetic when it comes to speaking TRUTH. This too is from SATAN who blinds us all from these facts. We just can't seem to put our finger on these matters. So we sit, debating this nonsense amongst ourselves when the facts are right there to see.

enjoy!

s

Hello HisSHeep,
Hi Davies! I don’t believe we’ve met. You sound like one of the Arminians around here. I’m an Augustinian, nice to meet you!

I took the command to think literally, so, I ask the question, if those who don't receive the pardon through Jesus, will they be able to blame God for remaining in the the state of condemnation?
No. Those in Hell will well deserve their fate. In fact, those in Heaven will deserve Hell, too!

It’s telling that Paul predicted that folks would ask that question:

19Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?
20Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus? (Romans 9:19-20)

The death of His Son isn't consistent with not giving people a chance (John 3:16)
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)

You and I see this verse very differently. Here’s how: You take â€whosoever†as a synonym for “anyone mayâ€. I take it to mean, “those who doâ€.

For example: If I have tickets of various colors, and randomly hand one to folks entering a function, and later ask those with green tickets to gather in one corner, I could correctly say,†whosoever has a green ticket, please come to this cornerâ€.

To further adapt this example: let’s say I DON’T hand the tickets out randomly. Let’s say I (because of a purpose which I keep to myself) give the green tickets to certain, predetermined people… Might I still not say, “whosoever has a green ticket, please come to this cornerâ€.

and we know His blood could atone for anyone.
Sure, I agree, it “could†atone for anyone. God COULD apply that blood to anyone He chose to apply it to. In His word, however, He has told us very clearly that He has applied to certain people.

God has complete authority and absolute power to save whomever He wants to save. That’s part of the very argument I’m making. He doesn’t loose ANY souls that He wants. None. Zip. Zilch. Nada. He gets EVERY ONE of the sheep. And He has known each of them all since the very beginning. I cannot imagine the Almighty God powerless to convict a man He wants to convict. He can appear in a burning bush, blind you while you’re on your way to persecute the church, or he can make you live as a beast in a field… He convinces the people He wants to convince.

My flawed free will is NO MATCH for God’s purpose!

…nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done. (Luke 22:42)

As you have received forgiveness of your sins, you wouldn't say you saved yourself, yet, you still did the receiving.
There is no difference between an unsaved man and us, except that God has been merciful to us:

Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth. (Romans 9:18)

If I tell you that God pursued me, would you believe me? I’m telling you, bro… God CONVINCED me of Himself. I didn't WANT Him at all and He CAUSED me to turn to Him. He CAUSED me to seek His face. And you know what happens to those who seek!

What God did in my life to convert me is nothing short of a miracle. I was dead in sin. DEAD. I did iniquity ONLY with my “free willâ€. I smoked and drank and cheated and lied and drugged and stole. I denied the very existence of God, preferring to do my OWN WILL instead. I cursed God, and ridiculed Christians, and yet… NONE of that stopped Him from getting His man. When He wanted to get me… He got me. Saving people is EASY for God! He can make the WORST sinner drop to their knees and repent at any moment.

The very idea of the free will of a reprobate mind “deciding†to “choose†God is preposterous and flies in the face of scripture. While it is true that a very real decision is made at conversion. God provides the desire for that decision, and He provides it great enough measure to personally convince each of His elect… He doesn’t do it for everyone.

If the salvation decision is left up to man, then so is the glory!

-HisSheep

Hi Davies! I don’t believe we’ve met. You sound like one of the Arminians around here. I’m an Augustinian, nice to meet you!

No. Those in Hell will well deserve their fate. In fact, those in Heaven will deserve Hell, too!

It’s telling that Paul predicted that folks would ask that question:

19Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?
20Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus? (Romans 9:19-20)

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)

You and I see this verse very differently. Here’s how: You take â€whosoever†as a synonym for “anyone mayâ€. I take it to mean, “those who doâ€.

For example: If I have tickets of various colors, and randomly hand one to folks entering a function, and later ask those with green tickets to gather in one corner, I could correctly say,†whosoever has a green ticket, please come to this cornerâ€.

To further adapt this example: let’s say I DON’T hand the tickets out randomly. Let’s say I (because of a purpose which I keep to myself) give the green tickets to certain, predetermined people… Might I still not say, “whosoever has a green ticket, please come to this cornerâ€.

Sure, I agree, it “could†atone for anyone. God COULD apply that blood to anyone He chose to apply it to. In His word, however, He has told us very clearly that He has applied to certain people.

God has complete authority and absolute power to save whomever He wants to save. That’s part of the very argument I’m making. He doesn’t loose ANY souls that He wants. None. Zip. Zilch. Nada. He gets EVERY ONE of the sheep. And He has known each of them all since the very beginning. I cannot imagine the Almighty God powerless to convict a man He wants to convict. He can appear in a burning bush, blind you while you’re on your way to persecute the church, or he can make you live as a beast in a field… He convinces the people He wants to convince.

My flawed free will is NO MATCH for God’s purpose!

…nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done. (Luke 22:42)

There is no difference between an unsaved man and us, except that God has been merciful to us:

Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth. (Romans 9:18)

If I tell you that God pursued me, would you believe me? I’m telling you, bro… God CONVINCED me of Himself. I didn't WANT Him at all and He CAUSED me to turn to Him. He CAUSED me to seek His face. And you know what happens to those who seek!

What God did in my life to convert me is nothing short of a miracle. I was dead in sin. DEAD. I did iniquity ONLY with my “free willâ€. I smoked and drank and cheated and lied and drugged and stole. I denied the very existence of God, preferring to do my OWN WILL instead. I cursed God, and ridiculed Christians, and yet… NONE of that stopped Him from getting His man. When He wanted to get me… He got me. Saving people is EASY for God! He can make the WORST sinner drop to their knees and repent at any moment.

The very idea of the free will of a reprobate mind “deciding†to “choose†God is preposterous and flies in the face of scripture. While it is true that a very real decision is made at conversion. God provides the desire for that decision, and He provides it great enough measure to personally convince each of His elect… He doesn’t do it for everyone.

If the salvation decision is left up to man, then so is the glory!

-HisSheep
:thumbsup

AMEN

Back