Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why The Experts Disagree.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
IOW, yes, sometimes you do? If so, why would you call someone "expert" about something about which you think he/she is misguided?
I call N.T. Wright a foremost expert on the New Testament; but he is a conservative Christian, so I think he is misguided.

Being an expert does not mean being right. It means having studied something extensively and knowing a lot about it.

You should turn down the aggression in your posts.

Oh, you're asking where each one starts and ends? Ok, here they are, but keep in mind in Dan. there are five, so continuing into Rev. we have twelve more, seventeen total. So the first in Rev., is prophecy #6 The Six Seals,(4;1-6:17)
#7, The 144,000., (7:1-8:1)
#8, The Six Trumpets, (8:2-9:21)
#9, The Two Witness, (10:1-11:19)
#10, Baby Jesus, 12;1-6)
#11, The Rise of Babylon, (12;7-14:5)
#12,The Eternal Gospel, (14:6-15:6)
#13, The Seven Bowls, (15:7-16-21)
#14, The Second Coming, (18;1-19:10)
#15, The Day of The Lord, (19:11-20:10)
#16, The Earth Purified, (20:11-21;1)
#17, The New Heaven and Earth, (21:2-8)

As you my know, in the original manuscripts there were no punctuation, This was all added with the King James Bible. Thus, the Prophecies, can start in one Chapter and end in another.
To determine and end to one prophecy and the start of another one must pay strict attention to chronology.
Thank you. Actually I study scripture without the punctuation, chapter number and verse numbers as I try to read them like the letters they are. Punctuations can actually take away from the full context and I think this is what causes many to error in their understanding.

I call N.T. Wright a foremost expert on the New Testament; but he is a conservative Christian, so I think he is misguided.

Being an expert does not mean being right. It means having studied something extensively and knowing a lot about it.

So, someone you call "a foremost expert on the New Testament" is someone you call "misguided" about the very thing you say he is "a foremost expert on"?

Being an expert does not mean being right about the very thing about which one is an expert? Being an expert about, say, the proposition that the earth is round does not mean being right about the proposition that the earth is round?

You should turn down your addiction to attacking me with your ad hominem attacks in your posts. It's not my fault that you are not capable of responding rationally to any questions I have asked you, nor to anything else I have written in my posts. (Of course, it is my fault that you have been made aware of the fact that you are not capable of doing so;)

So, someone you call "a foremost expert on the New Testament" is someone you call "misguided" about the very thing you say he is "a foremost expert on"?
Expert: "a person with special knowledge, skill, or training in something." N.T. Wright and Robert Price come to very different conclusions about the NT, but both have degrees in NT study and have written extensively on the topic. Though both cannot be right, they are both experts.
You should turn down your addiction to attacking me with your ad hominem attacks in your posts. It's not my fault that you are not capable of responding rationally to any questions I have asked you, nor to anything else I have written in my posts. (Of course, it is my fault that you have been made aware of the fact that you are not capable of doing so;)
I don't have the responsibility to answer someone who is angry and extremely rude, who quibbles over tiny things like whether the term "myth" can be applied to an object, and who asks sarcastic questions constantly. You've just joined a week and two days ago and I'm already sick of your posts. You're going on my ignore list.

I once heard my associate pastor say the Revelation is so symbolic that no one can really understand it. At this point you can't possibly understand my shock since you haven't read the following "attachment", but if you do you will certainly understand it.

Why The Experts Disagree:
https://wake-up.org/bible-prophecy/...uired-to-understand-apocalyptic-prophecy.html
This wake-up post merely confirms that the vast majority of 'educated' Christians and the ministers of pagan Catholicism and Judaism have no grasp of the Revelation because as Jesus said: Their eyes are dimmed and their ears are blocked' because of the false teaching and lack of belief in the New Testament.
Mainly though their dullwittedness is due to the fact that they don't have the gifts of discernment, wisdom and knowledge freely dispensed as in 1 Corinthians 12:
8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

Jews cannot access the gifts because they, like Muslims, are anti-christs who deny Jesus; Catholics cannot because they are pagans who worship the moon goddess Diana-Ishtar and offer cakes to the sun as well as contradicting GOD's order not to drink blood.

Satan's first gang of fallen angels is imprisoned inside Earth. His second gang and himself were expelled from heaven (I think in 1914) and are presently confined to Earth fomenting all today's sin, crime and troubles. and all will be imprisoned with the first gang during Jesus's millennium. After the millennium Satan and his two gangs will be freed and rise to have a short season of tempting humans to discover the last tares hiding in the wheat of Christains. Satan's leader on earth - the pope- has a throne showing Satan and gangs rising to go off on their short season. The hair of Satan is a beast to ram home the fact he is evil.
Catholics claim the throne is showing the resurrection of Jesus but in fact as the beast hair reveals it is actually teh release of Satan and his gangs,

Knowing his time is short Satan and his second gang are rushing around the world trying to recruit everyone to doubt the reality of GOD, Jesus and the Bible accounts.
I'm watching the world rush towards Armageddon which will be an interesting experience.

I'm extremely wary of anyone who claims to completely understand Revelation in all its facets. Forums are full of experts who believe they have "cracked its code" or "unravelled its secret message". There is nothing wrong with having a favourite subject and if that is the Book of Revelation then by its own admonition it will be a blessing to you.

Rev 1:3 Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written in it; for the time is near.
I'm extremely wary of anyone who claims Revelation cannot be understood. Generally such people believe themselves evolved from monkeys over millions of years and have a monkey's ability to reason.

I always wonder why people like T. E. Smith who calls himself a Romantic Rationalist - whatever that means - and also a non-Christian is doing or even allowed to be on a Christian forum.
He is a tare that needs to be torn up and burned to oblivion just as surely as Paul told the Corinthians to cleanse their congregation.

It’s pretty nice to have just the great day of Christ’s return before me minus the terrible part.

If Jerusalem is God’s holy city, why did He let it be leveled and plowed under?
GOD let Jerusalem be destroyed because the False Jews in it were pagan Ashkenazi doomed to first and second death.
Maybe you should understand that White Anglo-Saxon Protestants are the True House of Israel who are the only ones to spread the real Gospel?

He is a tare that needs to be torn up and burned to oblivion just as surely as Paul told the Corinthians to cleanse their congregation.
I've gotten a lot of hate from Christians over since I apostatized, including one man who hit me twice in the head with a cane for handing out an atheist book, but I don't think anyone's ever told me I need to be torn up and burned to oblivion!

At least I don't tell Christians anything like that. No, but they say that to me. And if I said something like this to a Christian, the mods would be all over me. But you, XRose, you get to say whatever you like.
and also a non-Christian is doing or even allowed to be on a Christian forum.
When I signed up, I was told that my religious preference would not affect my membership.
a Romantic Rationalist - whatever that means
I identify with both Romanticism and Rationalism and do not consider the two to be necessarily mutually exclusive.

I always wonder why people like T. E. Smith who calls himself a Romantic Rationalist - whatever that means - and also a non-Christian is doing or even allowed to be on a Christian forum.
I think you need to tame it down a few notches…. Everyone has a voice until their zeal consumes them and they violate the Term Of Service one too many times and they suddenly find their account banned.

You will not attack other members on my platform.

Understood?

But you, @XRose, you get to say whatever you like.
Anyone can say whatever they like. But it doesn’t mean there isn’t consequences for our words.

Scripture says that we will be judged by every word that comes from our mouth…

In the meantime, we have a TOS which can be applied toward an early judgment. And frankly, it doesn’t matter what one identifies as.

GOD let Jerusalem be destroyed because the False Jews in it were pagan Ashkenazi doomed to first and second death.
Maybe you should understand that White Anglo-Saxon Protestants are the True House of Israel who are the only ones to spread the real Gospel?

Why on Earth do you think that White Anglo-Saxon Protestants, a.k.a. WASPS, are the "true house of Israel"??? That is a very racist,, hyper-nationalistic, statement. And what is the "true gospel" that they spread? Slavery? Amerika first?

Why on Earth do you think that White Anglo-Saxon Protestants, a.k.a. WASPS, are the "true house of Israel"??? That is a very racist,, hyper-nationalistic, statement. And what is the "true gospel" that they spread? Slavery? Amerika first?
I say WASPs are the True House of Israel because it is what the Bible teaches.
Jes certainly don't preach the gospel.
You may be so WOKE as to be offend at Bible truths as so many on this forum seem to be but a good read of Kings and Chronicles will clarify the matter.
Jesus himself clarified it when he ordered his disciples not to preach to the Jews or Samaritans but to go to the lost sheep. Do you call him racist too?
Ask GOD for some of the wisdom offered i 1 Corinthians 12.

Because someone else taught that? ( and they believed what they heard)

Use Romans 3 to help support Jews.

eddif

Because someone else taught that? ( and they believed what they heard)

Use Romans 3 to help support Jews.

eddif
Jews curse the name of Jesus. Do you curse him too? They also claim he is being eternally tormented in boiling excrement. Is that your belief?

I say WASPs are the True House of Israel because it is what the Bible teaches.
Jes certainly don't preach the gospel.
You may be so WOKE as to be offend at Bible truths as so many on this forum seem to be but a good read of Kings and Chronicles will clarify the matter.
Jesus himself clarified it when he ordered his disciples not to preach to the Jews or Samaritans but to go to the lost sheep. Do you call him racist too?
Ask GOD for some of the wisdom offered i 1 Corinthians 12.

First of all, "WASP" doesn't appear in the Bible.

Secondly...

W stands for "white". There is no white race mentioned in the Bible. Jesus was a Semite.
AS stands for Anglo-Saxon. There is no England or Saxony mentioned in the Bible.
P stands for Protestant. There is no mention of Protestant or Protestantism in the Bible.

Thirdly, Jesus was a Jew, as were all his original disciples. He preached God's truth to the Samaritan woman and cited a Samaritan as the model of caring for others.

I have a strong feeling that you're just trolling, trying to be as offensive as possible. As a result, I'm putting you on ignore. And I'm asking the moderators to ban you from this Christian forum.

Secondly...

W stands for "white". There is no white race mentioned in the Bible. Jesus was a Semite.
AS stands for Anglo-Saxon. There is no England or Saxony mentioned in the Bible.
P stands for Protestant. There is no mention of Protestant or Protestantism in the Bible.

Thirdly, Jesus was a Jew, as were all his original disciples. He preached God's truth to the Samaritan woman and cited a Samaritan as the model of caring for others.

I have a strong feeling that you're just trolling, trying to be as offensive as possible. As a result, I'm putting you on ignore. And I'm asking the moderators to ban you from this Christian forum.
Jesus had a ruddy complexion aka a pale complexion that could blush. Show me a black that can blush.
Anglo-Saxons travelled from exile from Northern Israel - The House of Israel - to exile south of the Caspian and then followed the east wind as it blew westwards and north until eventually planting themselves in the sea.
I live in GOD's Own Country - North England where Protestantism started. My 'tribe' is racially distinct from the rest of the British Isles. This is all in the Bible but your eyes seem dimmed.
Try understand Deuteronomy 32:26 which prophecies the WASPs as losing all knowledge of Jewishness and especially language while no Jew ever stopped speaking Hebrew.
Jesus stopped being a Jew when he was baptised and started preaching the gospel. That's one of the reasons why the Jews hated and crucified him.
There is another real reason why Caiaphas and Annas had to kill Jesus and that is revealed when an angel tore the veil of the Holy of Holies the moment Jesus expired. I doubt you'll understand or believe so I won't burden your brain with this truth.
You have obviously been brainwashed by the Anti Defamation League which really should be called the the League of Satan's followers.

Secondly...

Oh dear, you childishly call me a troll and ask the moderators to ban me just because I teach Bible truths. How very immature and unChristian of you.
Jesus did not preach to the Samaritan woman as being a Samaritan she was a pagan who worshipped idols of one or other of the imaginary gods of Babylon, Cuthah, Ava, Hamath, and from Sepharvaim; he merely revealed that he had supernatural knowledge of her marital state and told her he was the son of GOD. She then distanced herself from the Jews in verse John 4:20:
17 “I have no husband,” she replied.
Jesus said to her, “You are right when you say you have no husband. 18 The fact is, you have had five husbands, and the man you now have is not your husband. What you have just said is quite true.”
19 “Sir,” the woman said, “I can see that you are a prophet. 20 Our ancestors worshiped on this mountain, but you Jews claim that the place where we must worship is in Jerusalem.”
The god of Babylon was good old Baal worshipped by Anglicans and Catholics, Cuthahs was Nergal, Hamaths was Ashima, Sepharvaim was the center of the worship of the god Adrammelech. They also worshipped the god Anammelech. I'm not sure who Ava's imaginary god was.
All these forced migrants were settled into the empty Northern Israel but continued worshipping idols of their imaginary god so GOD sent lions among them to slaughter many until they grasped that GOD hates idols and idolators - bad news for Catholics, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus etc
2 Kings 17:22 details all this but who has even heard a pastor or minister ever delve into 2 KIngs?
20 And the Lord rejected all the seed of Israel, and afflicted them, and delivered them into the hand of spoilers, until he had cast them out of his sight.

21 For he rent Israel from the house of David; and they made Jeroboam the son of Nebat king: and Jeroboam drave Israel from following the Lord, and made them sin a great sin.

22 For the children of Israel walked in all the sins of Jeroboam which he did; they departed not from them;

23 Until the Lord removed Israel out of his sight, as he had said by all his servants the prophets. So was Israel carried away out of their own land to Assyria unto this day.

24 And the king of Assyria brought men from Babylon, and from Cuthah, and from Ava, and from Hamath, and from Sepharvaim, and placed them in the cities of Samaria instead of the children of Israel: and they possessed Samaria, and dwelt in the cities thereof.

25 And so it was at the beginning of their dwelling there, that they feared not the Lord: therefore the Lord sent lions among them, which slew some of them.

Back