Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Bethel

-
Did you ever wonder why God gave the LAW first, and much later Jesus was given as God's Grace?

Its because the Law is necessary to be in place to REVEAL us, as we are, in relation to God's Holiness.
This is the actual purpose of the Law, the specific purpose.
Its to reveal you, as UNRIGHTEOUS.

The general purpose of the law and commandments, is to give you a moral boundary that defines...>Dont go past this morality line, as if you do, suffering will follow you like night follows day.
You will reap what you sow, on this earth. (cause and effect)
Every deed is a seed, planted as your coming harvest of destiny.

However, the SPECIFIC reason the law is given is to show YOU that YOU are a sinner, and need help, need rescue, .....need to be SAVED.
So, the Law DEFINES you and it JUDGED each, and based on the Law's findings you are hell bound and lost....= a sinner.
This is the current status of every unbeliever. = John 3:36.

Christians generally think that damnation follows death, regarding an unbeliever.
However, damnation is already ON the unbeliever, while they are breathing.
It is finally executed as their eternal situation, after they die. (2nd Death).
This means they are already damned on earth, and waiting for the end of it, which is hell, then the lake of fire.

The father of all the damned, is the original damned one, himself.
Lucifer, now Satan. He is the father of UNBELIEF, and the father of unbelievers.
Unbelievers end up with their father, after they die. This is hell, then the lake of Fire.
BELIEVERS, end up with their Father after they die. This is first Heaven, followed by 1000 years with Jesus, in Jerusalem.

God came here as Christ on The Cross to change you from damned to a "new Creation" "In Christ", which is to possess Eternal Life.
Eternal life, is not temporary.

So had there been no law given by Moses, you would not understand what you are in God's perspective before you are saved, and its from this understanding that the LAW/Commandments reveals to you, that we REALIZED our lost situation....that we are fallen, sinners, and damned. John 3:36

So what then?

We turn to The Cross, and there.... = We Enter into God's GRACE, by being "made Righteous" through the Blood of Jesus.
A.) God's Grace says...>come unto me, and i'll make you RIGHTEOUS.<. come unto me and i'll make you clean and give you eternal life.......come unto JESUS and BELIEVE and i'll make you MINE forever.

Reader......Are you His?
Do you belong to God?
You absolutely do, and remain God's, if you are born again.
You are become a everlasting part of His eternal FAMILY.
His "body of Christ".

If you are not, then you are LOST, and if you die this way you will never have a chance to belong to God, and He will get rid of you when you meet Him, and you surely will meet Him, reader.
This is to "go to Hell" for the sin of CHRIST REJECTION.
That's the first place you end up after you die, if you have rejected God's mercy, on this earth.
Once there, you can't get out, there is no 2nd chance waiting for you there.
All your second chances are HERE, NOW, while you are still breathing.
"Now is the day of salvation".
Today.

Jesus came to save you from your sin and from the eternally damned destination that is waiting for all who have never trusted in Christ.
If that is you, then trust Him today. Take Jesus into your heart today. Believe in Jesus today, right now..... and settle your eternity and find your peace of mind that only God can give you that only comes from knowing that once you are gone from this world you will forever be found with God and HIS born again Family.

If you are not, then you are LOST, and if you die this way you will never have a chance to belong to God, and He will get rid of you when you meet Him, and you surely will meet Him, reader.
That's the first place you end up after you die, if you have rejected God's mercy, on this earth.

Do you believe a born again Christian who rejects the commandments of the Lord is a Christ rejector?

He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him.
1 John 2:4-5

• He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

JLB

Last edited:
-
Did you ever wonder why God gave the LAW first, and much later Jesus was given as God's Grace?

Its because the Law is necessary to be in place to REVEAL us, as we are, in relation to God's Holiness.
This is the actual purpose of the Law, the specific purpose.
Its to reveal you, as UNRIGHTEOUS.

The general purpose of the law and commandments, is to give you a moral boundary that defines...>Dont go past this morality line, as if you do, suffering will follow you like night follows day.
You will reap what you sow, on this earth. (cause and effect)
Every deed is a seed, planted as your coming harvest of destiny.

However, the SPECIFIC reason the law is given is to show YOU that YOU are a sinner, and need help, need rescue, .....need to be SAVED.
So, the Law DEFINES you and it JUDGED each, and based on the Law's findings you are hell bound and lost....= a sinner.
This is the current status of every unbeliever. = John 3:36.

Christians generally think that damnation follows death, regarding an unbeliever.
However, damnation is already ON the unbeliever, while they are breathing.
It is finally executed as their eternal situation, after they die. (2nd Death).
This means they are already damned on earth, and waiting for the end of it, which is hell, then the lake of fire.

The father of all the damned, is the original damned one, himself.
Lucifer, now Satan. He is the father of UNBELIEF, and the father of unbelievers.
Unbelievers end up with their father, after they die. This is hell, then the lake of Fire.
BELIEVERS, end up with their Father after they die. This is first Heaven, followed by 1000 years with Jesus, in Jerusalem.

God came here as Christ on The Cross to change you from damned to a "new Creation" "In Christ", which is to possess Eternal Life.
Eternal life, is not temporary.

So had there been no law given by Moses, you would not understand what you are in God's perspective before you are saved, and its from this understanding that the LAW/Commandments reveals to you, that we REALIZED our lost situation....that we are fallen, sinners, and damned. John 3:36

So what then?

We turn to The Cross, and there.... = We Enter into God's GRACE, by being "made Righteous" through the Blood of Jesus.
A.) God's Grace says...>come unto me, and i'll make you RIGHTEOUS.<. come unto me and i'll make you clean and give you eternal life.......come unto JESUS and BELIEVE and i'll make you MINE forever.

Reader......Are you His?
Do you belong to God?
You absolutely do, and remain God's, if you are born again.
You are become a everlasting part of His eternal FAMILY.
His "body of Christ".

All your second chances are HERE, NOW, while you are still breathing.
"Now is the day of salvation".
Today.

Jesus came to save you from your sin and from the eternally damned destination that is waiting for all who have never trusted in Christ.
If that is you, then trust Him today. Take Jesus into your heart today. Believe in Jesus today, right now..... and settle your eternity and find your peace of mind that only God can give you that only comes from knowing that once you are gone from this world you will forever be found with God and HIS born again Family.
All great...
Just this:

3 deaths
Spiritual
Physical
Lake of Fire

Wouldn't physical death be the 2nd death?

Do you believe a born again Christian who reject the commandments of the Lord is a Christ rejector?
No.

A Christ rejector is this. John 3:36

"""He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him."""

Notice that God's wrath is not given because of commandments being broken, but rather its given because of rejecting Christ.

Gaining heaven or gaining hell, is not related to commandment keeping.
Its only related to the Cross.

Wouldn't physical death be the 2nd death?

The 2nd Birth is "born again".....This is the spiritual birth that is caused by God's Spirit, and manifests as the "new birth" of a person's Spirit. This is the "new creation" IN Christ.
This is God giving HIS Spiritual LIFE to a person's Spirit.
Its literally God joining our Spirit INTO His eternal Spirit.
This is why once we are born again, we are always born again.
We are born again into the Spirit of God, by God's Holy Spirit. = "born again".

The 2nd Death, is to exist in eternity, not being born again.

One way to think of being born again is.....a 2nd Chance to become "One with God", exactly as Adam was before He fell.
This is Christ the 2nd Adam, restoring each born again person, into the same Spiritual STATE, as 1st Adam had before he sinned which separated His Spirit from God's.
Salvation is God restoring us SPIRITUALLY, into Himself, same as Adam was, before Adam fell and lost this Spiritual Union with God.

So, if a person dies a Christ Rejector, then they have rejected LIFE, by not receiving the 2nd birth that would have been their Eternal life, which is restored Spiritual UNION with God's Spirit.

Damnation, is not to stop existing. But rather its to exit outside of God's Grace, which causes you to end up with the original damned one and his damned angels.
Every unbeliever is currently damned. John 3:36
They are just waiting to end up where the damned end up after they die.
To change this, Jesus said....>"you must be born again".

Being born again....is a unique situation. Its actually to change Spiritual FATHERS.

God is the Holy Spirit
Satan is the unHoly Spirit.

Jesus said. """you are of YOUR Father, the Devil, and the lusts of YOUR Father you will do".
So, that is every unbeliever.
This means that when we are born again by GOD, He then become "ABBA" our Heavenly Father, which means we have not been born again into HIS Family......He is become our NEW Father.

So, being born again, is to change Spiritual Fathers, and so, the born again end up with their Spiritual Father, and the Christ rejectors, who have never been born again, end up with their Spiritual Father.

No.

A Christ rejector is this. John 3:36

"""He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him."""

Notice that God's wrath is not given because of commandments being broken, but rather its given because of rejecting Christ.

Gaining heaven or gaining hell, is not related to commandment keeping.
Its only related to the Cross.

I guess you didn’t read the scripture that plainly says, those who claim to have eternal life, “know Him”, but do not keep His commandments, are liars.

He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 1 John 2:4

Keeping His commandments is how we demonstrate our love for God and love for our neighbor.

For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome. 1 John 5:3

When we reject His word, we reject Him.

If you love Me, keep My commandments. John 14:15

If we murder our brother, we are not loving him, but hating him.

If we commit adultery with our brother’s wife we are hating him.

If we hate our brother, then we are murderers.

Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him. 1 John 3:15

JLB

I guess you didn’t read the scripture that plainly says, those who claim to have eternal life, “know Him”, but do not keep His commandments, are liars.

God does not accept commandment keeping as the reason He gives the new birth.

So, when you teach commandment keeping as the Gospel, you are denying the Cross.

What you have to decide is....>"do i keep myself saved by commandments" which you are teaching, or does God save you by the blood of Jesus.

You need to figure this out.

God does not accept commandment keeping as the reason He gives the new birth.

I agree.

We are talking about born again Christians, people who are in Christ.

But of course you know that.

Keeping His commandments is how we remain in Christ, and therefore continue to have eternal life.

Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us. 1 John 3:15

He who says, “I know Him,” (he who claims to have eternal life) and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 1 John 2:4

JLB

Keeping His commandments is how we remain in Christ, and therefore continue to have eternal life.

If that were true, then there would be no need for the Blood of Jesus.

See, commandments can't save you to begin with, so, commandment keeping, can't keep you saved.

Commandments and the Law, were given my Moses, but Grace and Truth, (the new covenant) came by Jesus.
The born again are "not under the Law, but under Grace".

There is a cult that believes that the reason God saved you, is so that you can go back to the old covenant and try to keep the law and commandments, as the REASON, God saved you.
This is the devil's lie.

See........ "Christ has redeemed us, from the CURSE of the Law"..... which is the OLD COVENANT.

What does that mean?
It means that if you are born again, and you then return to the old covenant that was replaced by the Blood of Jesus, as the New Covenant, then you are putting yourself under a curse.

The 10 Commandments, in the life of a believer, are reduced to one thing..... they are simply a moral boundary.

The Spiritual Reality for a born again believer is that Grace is our Law, and Life "In Christ" is our dominion. "Under Grace". Thats our dominion.

Last edited:
If that were true, then there would be no need for the Blood of Jesus.

If that were true?

Are you saying you don’t believe what is plainly written in the scriptures?

Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us. 1 John 3:15

• Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him.

How can you possibly deny what is plainly written?

If your theology is not founded upon the solid rock of Christ and His teachings, then what is it based on?

JLB

Moses Law and commandments, are holy, but they cannot provide you with righteousness.

Being born again into God's Holy Spirit, by God's Holy Spirit is how you remain "in Christ".

So, what you are talking about is only one thing. = Self Effort.
You keep presenting......."look at what im doing to stay saved", instead of " Thank you Jesus for keeping me saved with your blood that you shed for me.

Now, why is it that you do not believe that the same blood of Jesus that saved you, keeps you saved?
See, if you believed this, you would not keep posting and posting and posting "im keeping commandment to go to heaven".
You are continuing to give "commandment keeping" which is your self effort.... as the reason you go to heaven or not.
So, that is not trust in Christ.. That is trust in self.

Let me explain......Its like this......When there is something that you BELIEVE that you have to do, or you will lose your salvation, then that THING is what you are trusting to get you to heaven.
In your case, based on 20 or more posts to me.....>You are trusting in commandment keeping to keep you saved.

And how do you know that commandment keeping does not keep you saved?
Its because commandment keeping can't save you to begin with.....as if it could, then Jesus didn't have to die for you.

Moses Law and commandments, are holy, but they cannot provide you with righteousness.

I never mentioned the law of Moses, which has been abolished at the cross, by the way.

Please just focus on the actual scripture I posted, and explain why you don’t believe what is written.

JLB

Being born again into God's Holy Spirit, by God's Holy Spirit is how you remain "in Christ".

We’ll all that is left now, is for you to post the chapter and verse that says specifically that…”Being born again into God's Holy Spirit, by God's Holy Spirit is how you remain "in Christ".”

Here is my scripture that says we must keep His commandments to remain in Him.

Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us. 1 John 3:24

His commandments are not burdensome for the born again Christian, who is filled with His Spirit. Keeping His commandments is the way of love.

For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome. 1 John 5:3

• this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments

JLB

Last edited:

Let me put it to you this way.
If a person is not born again, and they live the rest of their life keeping "his" commandments better then you are doing it now, and they die, why will they go to hell?

We’ll all that is left now, is for you to post the chapter and verse that says specifically that…”Being born again into God's Holy Spirit, by God's Holy Spirit is how you remain "in Christ".”

Born again, can only mean one thing.....It can only mean that a "new creation" in Christ has been birthed, Spiritually.
As to be born again, is to be birthed into God's Spirit.
This is the same Holy Spirit that created Jesus in a Virgin's womb, that causes the spirit in a believer to become "ONE with God", who is "A" Spirit. So then, that is WHY a person becomes "In Christ".
The water can't cause that, and commandment keeping can't cause this Spiritual Birth.
So, what does? Being born again, by God's Holy Spirit, into God's holy Spirit.
And why do the born again, who have Christ in them now, spiritually joined to them, continue to abide in this Spiritual Union?
Its because God's Spirit , joined to the spirit of a born again person, creates eternal life as their Born Again Spirit.

To Abide "in Christ"....means, Christ who is eternal life has caused the believer to become "the righteousness of God, in Christ".
See that "righteousness of God in Christ"? That is who the born again have BECOME.
Become <
The born again, BECOME, not just possess, but BECOME....>"the righteousness of God, in Christ".
This is the "new Creation".... which is the born again Spirit.
This is why you have this verse....>"As Jesus IS, > so are the born again, in this world".
See that ABIDING?
And why does born again spiritual union with God never end? Because God never ends.
The born again abide as "One with God", for as long as God exists.

Last edited:
Let me put it to you this way.
If a person is not born again, and they live the rest of their life keeping "his" commandments better then you are doing it now, and they die, why will they go to hell?

A person must be born again; regenerated, saved to enter the kingdom of God.

If a person is not born again, all the commandment keeping in the world wont save them.

I believe we agree on this.

Now back to the discussion which is about born again Christians, remaining, or abiding in Him.

Born again, can only mean one thing.....It can only mean that a "new creation" in Christ has been birthed, Spiritually.
As to be born again, is to be birthed into God's Spirit.
This is the same Holy Spirit that created Jesus in a Virgin's womb, that causes the spirit in a believer to become "ONE with God", who is "A" Spirit. So then, that is WHY a person becomes "In Christ".
The water can't cause that, and commandment keeping can't cause this Spiritual Birth.
So, what does? Being born again, by God's Holy Spirit, into God's holy Spirit.
And why do the born again, who have Christ in them now, spiritually joined to them, continue to abide in this Spiritual Union?
Its because God's Spirit , joined to the spirit of a born again person, creates eternal life as their Born Again Spirit.

To Abide "in Christ"....means, Christ who is eternal life has caused the believer to become "the righteousness of God, in Christ".
See that "righteousness of God in Christ"? That is who the born again have BECOME.
Become <
The born again, BECOME, not just possess, but BECOME....>"the righteousness of God, in Christ".
This is the "new Creation".... which is the born again Spirit.
This is why you have this verse....>"As Jesus IS, > so are the born again, in this world".
See that ABIDING?

Abide means remain; remaining connected in relationship.

If we are in Christ, we have eternal life; we know Him

If we are no longer in Christ, we no longer have eternal life.

If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.
John 15:6

Here is how we are instructed to remain in Christ.

Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us. 1 John 3:24

JLB

Last edited:
Now back to the discussion which is about born again Christians, remaining, or abiding in Him.

A believer abides in Christ, the same way they were put into Christ.
So, if commandment keeping can't put you into Christ, commandment keeping has no effect on abiding in Christ.

The context of your verse is this...."IN Christ".
And commandments have no effect on that spiritual union, as commandments didn't cause it in the first place.

A believer abides in Christ, the same way they were put into Christ.
So, if commandment keeping can't put you into Christ, commandment keeping has no effect on abiding in Christ.

The context of your verse is this...."IN Christ".
And commandments have no effect on that spiritual union, as commandments didn't cause it in the first place.

Sorry but you will need to provide Chapter and verse scripture to validate you theory.

Abide means remain; remaining connected in relationship.

Spiritual Union with God, which is why a person is "in Christ" (abides IN Christ) is not caused by commandments, so, they have no effect on it.

Commandment keeping is self effort.
Self effort is not related to salvation.
So, your idea of abiding is to try to stay saved, by commandment keeping.
It more then obvious that you believe that you can lose your salvation, and that
is why you are so involved with the self effort of commandment keeping.
As your theology is....>"as long as i keep commandments" i stay saved, and if i dont, then i lose my salvation.""
Now, isn't that true?

Back