Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Windows 11

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Tdidymas, MS recently had to send out a patch for printer spoolers that were being attacked by malware that attempts to seize a computer. This malware was released to the general public.

Granted, the best malware writers don't bother with regular folks, but if they can cripple millions of regular computers, they can still cause a lot of damage.

As of today:

Hundreds of self-service railroad ticket machines in northern England are offline after a ransomware attack.

The security firm Sophos was recently called in by a company that spotted suspicious software on its computers. Sophos disabled a ransomware attack that had infected over 100 computers before the attack was launched. When the cybercriminals realized that they were being deleted, they launched an attack that destroyed some files on a small number of unprotected computers.

Folks, I'm with Microsoft on requiring TPMs on Windows 11 computers.

If only they would invent hacker proof software.
As A developer, it’s not that easy and as software libraries expand, exploits are always a concern. There are standards but hackers always manage to find a way to exploit software.
It takes a line of code to do the actual work. It can take dozens of lines to make it idiot proof and hardened against hackers.

I’ve been a big fan of the TPM chip since it first came out and was initially used for bitlocker. It’s a great security tool.

As of today, the Lemon Duck malware is able to encrypt both Windows and Linux computers. It is actually an older technology that slips in while your computer is cleaning out some other malware. Once inside, it patches the computer's vulnerabilities, including the ones it used to enter.

Since all vulnerabilities are repaired, most anti-malware detectors leave it alone.

Makes sense. Hackers wouldn't want other hackers getting into their botnets. They want them all for themselves. Thus they try to remove competing hackers' products.

Firstly, offshore software development centers aim to introduce your brand new product effectively and improve your market share in the global market. It's a smart way of promoting your product and services mlsdev.com/services/it-staff-augmentation. Custom web app development have developed highly functional, secure apps with easy user-friendly interface. This has made online business more interactive. These applications are available in a huge array of categories and can help any business meet the modern challenges.

MS released an hour-long video defending Windows 11 today--of the first 66 comments, 3 were positive and 63 were negative.

Reading the commentaries on tech sites (I haven't seen the video) it seems that:

MS acknowledged the problems caused by the inability of most computers to upgrade to 11, while praising the superiority of 11 to 10--which only got people more upset.

MS denies that 11 is rigged to force users to buy new computers with 11 installed. But the Preview versions show that 11 runs well on a lot of older computers if the TPM program is not activated; MS does not intend to allow that option.

To be fair, ransomware is a problem that is getting worse, and MS needs to use TPM to protect Windows users.

And Folks, if you buy a good computer and take good care of it, it will survive long enough to become obsolete. Back when MS introduced a new operating system every two years, users understood that.

Computerworld published an article two days ago, warning that some computer manufacturers are using stickers announcing that the machines they are selling can be upgraded to Windows 11. However, they are avoiding lawsuits by not claiming that these PCs can actually run 11.

"HP, for example, tells customers "Our current Windows-based PCs will be upgradeable to Windows 11 when it's available later this year," albeit with a caveat that some features require specific hardware. Likewise, Dell states, "All Dell PCs with Windows 10 currently being sold on dell.com will be able to upgrade to Windows 11" on its website."

Smart move! The complete Windows 11, with its heavy power requirements and untested TPM system, has not yet been released to the public, and we cannot be sure how well it will run.

Microsoft has been sending updates to people running their Windows 11 Preview Edition. Almost everyone reports that it runs well; HOWEVER, it does not operate the power-hungry TPM security system.

I wonder? Is MS having trouble getting TPM to run well?

THIS JUST IN!

A few hours ago, Microsoft took everyone by surprise when they released a new Windows 11 Beta version. Conflicting reports say that it is only for developers, while others say that it is available for anyone whose PC can accept it.

I can find nothing on whether or not it will run the controversial TPM chip.

And now--This just in!--The Windows 11 beta version is available right now if you are part of the Windows Insider program. It is not available to anyone else.

Last edited:
MSFT plans to support Windows 10 for about 3 years. That will give us plenty of time to shop for a new computer if the old one won't run 11. Maybe they will support 10 for longer, like they did with some previous software.

Pray for me, Gang! I'm downloading the Windows 11 Preview version right now.

If you never hear from me again, it was nice knowing you!

MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING!

Folks, the Windows 11 Preview version that I installed yesterday is the single biggest computer disappointment I have had in 28 years. It re-arranges things. Period.

Putting "Settings" in the task bar saves me one step.

A change of scenery is always nice, but it sometimes takes me up to five seconds to find something they moved.

If you're upset because your computer can't accept Windows 11, you have nothing to be concerned about.

MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING!

Folks, the Windows 11 Preview version that I installed yesterday is the single biggest computer disappointment I have had in 28 years. It re-arranges things. Period.

Putting "Settings" in the task bar saves me one step.

A change of scenery is always nice, but it sometimes takes me up to five seconds to find something they moved.

If you're upset because your computer can't accept Windows 11, you have nothing to be concerned about.
Is that like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic?

"Is that like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic?"

I don't think so. Windows isn't sinking. The Windows 11 PREVIEW, which does not operate the TPM chip, works fine. But essentially, it does little more than re-arrange things.

This was interesting reading... although most of it went over my head.

I have an Acer Chromebook... and I can't quite understand what it is... It was a downgrade for me from a Windows laptop.... and at first I was horrified... as I type with all my fingers and the keyboard just seemed so lame... but I quickly got used to it... and it is going on 3 years old...

I will be buying another one of these Chromebooks in a few weeks...( hoping to get the best price and thinking back to school is it )... Mine is still working well... but... I want a back up for when this one dies... and I have no idea what the life expectancy of a Chrome book is.

They do not call this a laptop... but it functions perfectly for me... as I am able to access my email... and access things like Youtube and Pinterest.

Anyways.... I am glad they are developing smarter computers that will fight against terrorism. I have heard a few of these ransom stories.

Adoration, you can safely stick with Chromebooks. IF you are not a big game player, a Chromebook will do what you want. They are less expensive than Windows laptops, are more reliable, and are virtually immune to malware.

Meanwhile, Microsoft e-mailed a memo to computer manufacturers, asking them to submit drivers they needed to add to Windows 11. But the original memo said that 11 would be released on October 29, 2021. Why did they delete that? And why do none of the Windows 11 Previews use TPM?

Is it possible that MS is having major problems getting TPM to work well?

Back