Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Wolves in Sheep's Clothing

E

elijah23

A man named Jesus Christ once walked with us. He was God in flesh:

"Behold, a virgin shall conceive and bear a son,
and his name shall be called Emmanuel"
(which means, God with us). Matt 1:23 RSV

The life and teachings of Jesus Christ are documented in the four Gospels in the Bible: Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.

There are those who call themselves Christians who reject the authority of Jesus Christ. They are wolves in sheep’s clothing.

paul the apostle was a man that didnt reject the commands, yet you seem to not like paul.

paul told his churches that recieved his letters be ye imatators of me as i imatate christ.

The life and teachings of Jesus Christ are documented in the four Gospels in the Bible: Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.

There are those who call themselves Christians who reject the authority of Jesus Christ. They are wolves in sheep’s clothing.[/QUOTE] Are you in a contest with yourself to see how often you can state the obvious?

There are those who call themselves Christians who reject the authority of Jesus Christ. They are wolves in sheep’s clothing.
And Jesus said we will recognize them by the fruit that they bear.

People who call themselves a Christian but who are not characterized by "love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control" (Gal. 5:22 NIV1984) do not have to be listened to, or even acknowledged. You have no godly obligation to fellowship with them or listen to them. Do not fear them.

Wolves are not discerned by what they say, but rather by what they do. But way too many of us think doctrine alone is how we discern sheep from wolves.

paul the apostle was a man that didnt reject the commands, yet you seem to not like paul.

paul told his churches that recieved his letters be ye imatators of me as i imatate christ.

I think Paul was a great man.

Paul tried to imitate Christ just as we all should try to imitate Christ.

Are you in a contest with yourself to see how often you can state the obvious?

Jesus told us to stop sinning, but when I bring this to everybody's attention, I get pummeled with protests.

And in other breaking news...the Pope is Catholic! :thumbsup

this site hold the teachings of paul and that is in the tos.

pauline statements in no wise contradict jesus. the apostles were the only ones who could speak(then) with the authority of christ.

if you understand ancient hebrew councils and so forth that is clearly a fact.

pauline statements in no wise contradict jesus. the apostles were the only ones who could speak(then) with the authority of christ.

The Apostles were the only ones who could speak (then) with the authority of Christ?

Ancient Hebrew councils?

Ancient Hebrew councils?
yes there were councils that decided matters.

ie the septuagiant was the council(in greek) that also has the first greek tanach named after it. these men all wrote the ot in greek and decided what would be the words translated to greek.

whenever there was a matter to hard to judge the seventy in moses day dealt with it first then moses.

People need to worry less about complicated doctrines and focus on humility. Submit to everyone on earth. Even sinners. Proclaim Jesus as the Son of God. Love one another.

yes there were councils that decided matters.

ie the septuagiant was the council(in greek) that also has the first greek tanach named after it. these men all wrote the ot in greek and decided what would be the words translated to greek.

whenever there was a matter to hard to judge the seventy in moses day dealt with it first then moses.

I depend on the words of the Lord to decide matters in my life, not ancient Hebrew councils.

yup, that is why when the apostles that did write were in line with jesus. do you think if one of them another would correct them?

Any man or woman who does the will of the Lord has the authority to express an opinion on spiritual matters, and this has always been the case.

Any man or woman who does the will of the Lord has the authority to express an opinion on spiritual matters, and this has always been the case.
not to write doctrines or holy writ, what authority they have must come from the already ordained holy scriptures.

in the days of the apostles there wasnt any gospel that were recorded until they wrote them. they used the ot to back up what they said and also what they saw from the lord when he was on the earth.

I depend on the words of the Lord to decide matters in my life, not ancient Hebrew councils.
so you can violate the commands of the lord to be baptised?
to live holy via pauline statements
to not be required to follow the torah. jesus never ever said that the church was freed from the law, paul and the jersusalem council did.

so you were saying.

i hope you are kosher,listen to the moderan sanhedrin and follow the law perfectly then.

Back