Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Wolves in Sheep's Clothing

Elijah, a few questions for you.

When we anguish, is that suffering?
Did Christ sin?
Assuming not, did He anguish outside Lazarus' tomb and in the Garden? Why didn't He simply smile it off?

As Christ said, we will have trouble, and these are not always brought on by our own sin but the condition of our world. You claim we will not have trouble if we do not sin; that we will rise above everything that comes our way.

Though we all sin at times, suffering can come from internal and external sin.

No, Christ did not sin.

Did Christ sin?
Assuming not, did He anguish outside Lazarus' tomb and in the Garden? Why didn't He simply smile it off?

As Christ said, we will have trouble, and these are not always brought on by our own sin but the condition of our world. You claim we will not have trouble if we do not sin; that we will rise above everything that comes our way.

Part of the reason Jesus came to us was to set an example for us. We feel emotion, including sadness when we lose a loved one. When my Dad died, I cried for a little while, but I have a loving church, so my loneliness was brief. We learn to fill the emptiness left inside when we lose someone who is dear to us. We will see our loved ones in the resurrection. Jesus knew that. He wasn’t devastated by the loss of Lazarus. He was just sad to see him go.

Did Christ sin?

Yes, we will have trouble, but it won’t bother us at all, if we’ve repented of our sin. Perhaps it would be more accurate to say that it will bother us very little. We are all still learning.

so, christians can shrug it off when they loose family and kids one day?

NOT. i cant imagine of the newborn babie addition to my family dying and just shrugging of that loss in a few days.

well i can do the reflexive cry control, but i will react and have hurts. just keep them inside like i have in the past. that isnt healthy.

can you atleast admit that you feel pain and we ought to as that is what is for now till the second advent?

NOT. i cant imagine of the newborn babie addition to my family dying and just shrugging of that loss in a few days.

well i can do the reflexive cry control, but i will react and have hurts. just keep them inside like i have in the past. that isnt healthy.

can you atleast admit that you feel pain and we ought to as that is what is for now till the second advent?

We must accept the fact that we die and pass on to the resurrection. It hurts a bit to lose a loved one, but we have lots of friends in our churches to help fill the void, and one day we, too, will pass on.

You may grieve for as long as you wish.

I cry sometimes. I try to do so in private, though.

I feel a little pain. I am not perfect, so I feel more pain than I otherwise would, but my attempts to repent of my sin have made a world of difference.

then if there is grieving and SORROW, then its not heaven when we do serve the lord and have no chastistement.

God never said that it would be a bed of roses if you do his will. we have an enemy that hated christ and does hate his children.

i know a lady who lost two children, a brother, and sister all within two years. it aged her in appearance. and to top it off her husband left her one day.

she didnt stop serving the lord. one of two saints and families that have suffered like job. no sin on her part was the cause.

the families died from being addicted to oxycotin and the doctor who gave them that was put in jail for that. her daughter commited suicide by that drug.

their sins affected her!

then if there is grieving and SORROW, then its not heaven when we do serve the lord and have no chastistement.

God never said that it would be a bed of roses if you do his will. we have an enemy that hated christ and does hate his children.

i know a lady who lost two children, a brother, and sister all within two years. it aged her in appearance. and to top it off her husband left her one day.

she didnt stop serving the lord. one of two saints and families that have suffered like job. no sin on her part was the cause.

the families died from being addicted to oxycotin and the doctor who gave them that was put in jail for that. her daughter commited suicide by that drug.

their sins affected her!

The Lord is always with us and is capable of taking away our pain.

As for the pain that we experience because our own sin, the Lord lets us experience that because he doesn’t want us to sin. If we turn from our sin, he can take that pain away too.

their sins affected her!

We all experience challenges in our life. We are growing spiritually. However, when we bring trouble into our lives by committing sin, we make dealing with those challenges more difficult.

The Lord is always with us and is capable of taking away our pain.

As for the pain that we experience because our own sin, the Lord lets us experience that because he doesn’t want us to sin. If we turn from our sin, he can take that pain away too.

sometimes he doesnt take away our suffering, paul had a thorn in his flesh that was told by god. my grace is sufficient for thee.

and also if you commit a crime and do time seldom does he just lift the sentence, or if you also did drugs(as i know a godly man) that was high and in sin shot himself in the head twice and has lost eye sight be healed.

yes he was given mercy but he cant work and see at present. he is forgiven but his body isnt healed fully.

or a kid who if he did repent , will remain a disabled from the lower back down as he was a bike wreck from his own stupidity.

sometimes he doesnt take away our suffering, paul had a thorn in his flesh that was told by god. my grace is sufficient for thee.

and also if you commit a crime and do time seldom does he just lift the sentence, or if you also did drugs(as i know a godly man) that was high and in sin shot himself in the head twice and has lost eye sight be healed.

yes he was given mercy but he cant work and see at present. he is forgiven but his body isnt healed fully.

or a kid who if he did repent , will remain a disabled from the lower back down as he was a bike wreck from his own stupidity.

“Sometimes he doesn’t take away our suffering,†you say. Most of my suffering, I think, comes from sins I have committed. Had I not committed those sins, I wouldn’t have brought on that suffering.

The Lord can make you happy while you are in prison.

The Lord can make us happy, even when our bodies are permanently damaged.

he can but compared to the actual promise of No sorrow its that promise that keeps men going.

you have even said that about the ressurection

Have faith. The Lord can make us happy under the most trying circumstances.

that in now wise means heaven on earth.

peace and joy are a small part of things to come! a reminder of what it will be like but still not heaven at all.

your definition of heaven isnt what heaven per the word says it is at all.

its defined as place of god where he resides and is worshipped by the saints awaiting the bodily ressurection, also where saints that died via beheading also cry out for judgement.

peace and joy are a small part of things to come! a reminder of what it will be like but still not heaven at all.

its defined as place of god where he resides and is worshipped by the saints awaiting the bodily ressurection, also where saints that died via beheading also cry out for judgement.

But THIS means heaven on earth:

From that time Jesus began to preach, saying, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." Matt. 4:17 RSV

We know what heaven is when we get there.

Back