Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Bible Study Women preachers

I have to stand with ya, Solo. Although I will say this. I have lots of friends that believe differently than myself on this. I really don't care what people do. I have to worry about my own self but it is nice to know that other people stand together with you.

I have to stand with ya, Solo. Although I will say this. I have lots of friends that believe differently than myself on this. I really don't care what people do. I have to worry about my own self but it is nice to know that other people stand together with you.

asb4God said:
Please demonstrate objectively where I have not.

Scott 8-)
When you stand with the scriptures it is a great time, when you don't it is not a great time. Some have thought that they were standing with the scriptures as they murdered believers as heretics. The papacy had great things to fear if they didn't express their power to the world, as did those who laid hands on Jesus; their political power would fail if they did not. I read in the scriptures that we of the body of Christ should not be surprised if the world hates us, since the world hated our master, Jesus.

I have not the leeway to be objective, when God's Word is absolute.

I'm sorry, Solo, I have to stand with you on the scriptures that you presented. We are always made to feel like the scriptures we read don't exist. That's okay. I don't want to be in the popular church, I want to be in the church of Jesus Christ.

Solo said:
asb4God said:
Please demonstrate objectively where I have not.

Scott 8-)
When you stand with the scriptures it is a great time, when you don't it is not a great time. Some have thought that they were standing with the scriptures as they murdered believers as heretics. The papacy had great things to fear if they didn't express their power to the world, as did those who laid hands on Jesus; their political power would fail if they did not. I read in the scriptures that we of the body of Christ should not be surprised if the world hates us, since the world hated our master, Jesus.

I have not the leeway to be objective, when God's Word is absolute.

And although you say "It will (future tense) be a great time when you do," and then I ask you to objectively state where I have not, you fail.

Please, answer the question. You implied that I do not stand with the Scriptures. Objectively back up your accusations or stop being an accuser. That seems fair to me. Doesn't it seem fair to you?

Let's hear it.

Scott 8-)

von said:
I'm sorry, Solo, I have to stand with you on the scriptures that you presented. We are always made to feel like the scriptures we read don't exist. That's okay. I don't want to be in the popular church, I want to be in the church of Jesus Christ.
Von,
You do not have to be sorry standing upon the scriptures as the absolute truth of your faith. History has shown that there are those that would rather tell you what the scriptures say, as opposed to allow the holy Spirit from teaching you. The Roman Catholic Church kept the scriptures from the common folks, and told the common folks what the scriptures said. That is how the inaccuracies came into the RCC doctrines that do not align with the scriptures.

Today there are translations that do the same thing. They tell the people what the meaning of scriptures are by translation freedoms and paraphrases. If the holy Spirit warns you concerning a translation that you read, you should investigate why.

Keep the scriptures close and make sure that you read all scripture in context, and you take the entire scripture as a whole, rightly dividing the word of truth. Prayer and meditation upon the Word is your strength in studying the Word.

Michael

There will be those that wrestle with the writings of Paul to their own destruction, much like Westcott and Hort did.

Amen and amen!! :) Those that tamper or have tampered with God's word have ended up in insane asylums and more than a few have ended up not being able to speak as these two fine heretics did. One amart alec on the John Ankerburg show who came on to put down the King James bible started frothing at the mouth against it and suddenly lost his voice. Other New Age philosophers and Luciferians and occultists will pay as well. Be not mistaken...

Galatians 6:7 (KJV) Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Hosea 8:7 (KJV) For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind: it hath no stalk: the bud shall yield no meal: if so be it yield, the strangers shall swallow it up.

2 Corinthians 2:17 (KJV) For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.

Jeremiah 23:36 (KJV) And the burden of the LORD shall ye mention no more: for every man's word shall be his burden; for ye have perverted the words of the living God, of the LORD of hosts our God.

Luke 20:46 (KJV) Beware of the scribes, which desire to walk in long robes, and love greetings in the markets, and the highest seats in the synagogues, and the chief rooms at feasts;

If what Paul taught is not relevant today, then what else can be discounted as not being relevant today. Do we pick and choose what we want to believe in the Scriptures and apply others to satisfy whoever is behind the pulpit? I think all Scripture is applicable today just as it was when the word of God was penned by Jewish hands thousands of years ago and we can choose to believe, change or doubt it for us today but, it still applies. Is salvation not for us today? It's about as silly as any other question about does a particular scripture apply to us today.

Romans 3:4 (KJV) God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

Back