Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Women Wearing Pants?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
In the over three years that I have known my wife, she has only ever wore a dress two times.

One time to church, and a dress at our wedding. She generally wears pants. It's hard to even get her into shorts.

For work she must wear pants as that's their policy.

Kilts are definately a male garment. They are cut and worn differently than the woman's garment that is mistakenly called a kilt, but is in fact the Aboyne dress.

Even with something as simple as a skirt... there are very strict distinctions between the male and the female version of the garment.

I don't know if I've mentioned it here or not, but there is a business dedicated to making men's clothing cut to fit women for women transvestites. This should make it clear that women's clothing, including business suits for women, slacks, and pants are still noticeably for women... not men.

problem solved.

images

In the over three years that I have known my wife, she has only ever wore a dress two times.

One time to church, and a dress at our wedding. She generally wears pants. It's hard to even get her into shorts.

For work she must wear pants as that's their policy.

Boidae21:

Sounds about right, how it is.

My thought is,,,,,,,

What if a crossdresser who wishes to stop crossdressing starts to attend church looking for strength and support. He reads Deut 22;5 and thinks that his crossdressing is wrong.

But,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

At church he sees Christian women wearing pants and everyone accepts it. Now in his mind he starts to think that Deut 22;5 does not really apply and that he can wear women's clothing.

The poor guy will become an abomination to God all because of women in pants.

Deu 22:5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.

When this was written men and women dressed very much alike. Wrap or robe type garments.

I have told this story before.. Dad thought girls wore dresses end of discussion...:sad
Being a tom-boy i spent much time head over heels literally. Dad gave in. A few years later he and i had a 'discussion'. He was using that scripture to get me back into dresses.... I politely asked him if he would wear a robe? We never had need for more discussion....
We all know when what we see when we see a male or female dressed as the other sex.... it not just pants or shirt.... Shina Twain looks very much like a woman in his white shirt....

2Co 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Hi, first Bible verse seen 'i' think?;)
Regardless, how about giving us the understanding of what the verse means?? (it says nothing about male or female robes does it?)

I have wondered about Isa. 3 as well? Isa. 3:12-24

[12] As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths.
[13] The LORD standeth up to plead, and standeth to judge the people.
[14] The LORD will enter into judgment with the ancients of his people,
.....'

[16] Moreover the LORD saith, Because the daughters of Zion are haughty, and walk with stretched forth necks and wanton eyes, walking and mincing as they go, and making a tinkling with their feet:

[17] Therefore the LORD will smite with a scab the crown of the head of the daughters of Zion, and the LORD will discover their secret parts.
[18] In that day the Lord will take away the bravery of their tinkling ornaments about their feet, and their cauls, and their round tires like the moon,
[19] The chains, and the bracelets, and the mufflers,
[20] The bonnets, and the ornaments of the legs, and the headbands, and the tablets, and the earrings,
[21] The rings, and nose jewels,
[22] The changeable suits of apparel, and the mantles, and the wimples, and the crisping pins,
[23] The glasses, and the fine linen, and the hoods, and the vails.
[24] And it shall come to pass, that instead of sweet smell there shall be stink; and instead of a girdle a rent; and instead of well set hair baldness; and instead of a stomacher a girding of sackcloth; and burning instead of beauty.

Surely your father & I would have been good friends? Anyway, you must have had answers for him with these same verses?:chin

--Elijah

Joe,

Again... as has been repeated several times... the people, men and women alike, all wore robes when that text was written. However, the men's robes which consisted of a tunic, mantel and girdle were different from a woman's robes... Do you think cross dressers back then took it to be OK to do so because the men wore robes?

Why are you so unwilling to accept that there is a vast difference between women's pants and men's pants... I guarantee you, most women cannot even begin to wear men's pants. My mother dressed me in my brother's hand me down jeans and cut off until I hit puberty... then there was no way I could even fit into boy's pants any longer.

I know some think you're simply being trollish here... but you seem to have a real issue with women wearing feminine pants... Would you care to share why?

Elijah... in the context, Deuteronomy 22:5 is simply denoucing tranvestism as an abonimation... either male or female cross dressing is not allowed...

To take it where you're going is to stretch this particular verse waaaayyyyyy out of context.

:yes
Elijah... in the context, Deuteronomy 22:5 is simply denoucing tranvestism as an abonimation... either male or female cross dressing is not allowed...

To take it where you're going is to stretch this particular verse waaaayyyyyy out of context.

Hey, don't get personal or [MIND READING] ok? And STRETCH?????:chin Those are Inspired WORDS that are posted, not mine. My 'w'ords were in question format??????? (see? ;):yes) But do you want to know my thinking on that? No, 'i' did not think so.

But, I do personally hate H. Clinton 'pants'! But she sure does not look like Bill, huh? Snuff said.

--Elijah

I don't doubt that the words are inspired... of course they are, they're in the Scriptures, aren't they?

Just what do they have to do with either men or women practising transvestism?

I know some think you're simply being trollish here... but you seem to have a real issue with women wearing feminine pants... Would you care to share why?

Because it is yet another double standard thrust upon us by the godless women's libbers.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back