Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Wormwood

David505 said:
highwic said:
David505 said:
Revelation 8 may authenticate the appalling spectacle of an intercontinental nuclear exchange. In this regard, John compares the conflagration to “hail and fire mingled with blood (Rev. 8:7); a great mountain burning with fire (Rev. 8:8); [and] a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp (Rev. 8:10).†In fact, the fusion reaction is the same process that powers the stars. After a nuclear strike, weather systems distribute radionuclide derivatives throughout the environment contaminating the ecosystem’s air, soil, ocean, and freshwater supplies. “Wormwood†is from the Greek apsinthos (Strong 894), with reference to the bitter herb, Artemisia absinthium. In antiquity, folk preparations of the plant’s oily extract alleviated digestive ailments, fever, and infection. Wormwood–based concoctions also enhanced the potent liqueur, absinthe. Alternatively, an overdose of the active ingredients, santonin and thujone, elicits disturbed vision, tremor, and convulsion. The plant’s insecticidal properties benefit gardens. In scripture, wormwood evokes the mordant recompense of idolatry and infidelity: “Her end is bitter as wormwood, sharp as a two–edged sword (Prov. 5:4).†In John’s context, wormwood is synonymous with “bitter†from the Greek pikraino (Strong 4087), meaning to make bitter, or to embitter in an abstract sense of piercing; for example, as the sharply acute calamity of poison rivers and springs: “many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter (Rev. 8: 11).†You can click the following links to learn about the devastating potential of nuclear weaponry:

http://www.nuclearfiles.org

http://www.atomicarchive.com

dont bother miss quoting bible versus to me

Rev 8 v7 The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.

all the worlds grass burnt up and a third of the trees and you think a nuclear exchange. get serious
it is the super heated methane atmosphere of Wormwood mixing with Earths
Rev 8 v 8 says And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was
cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;

that description clearly indicates a meteor or asteroid type thing hitting an ocean

Rev 8 v 11 And the name of the star is called Wormwood and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.

And the NAME of the STAR is called WORMWOOD

Thanks highwic, although I’m certain I did not misquote scripture.

Regarding “get seriousâ€â€¦

Consider the following assessments of the 1954 fifteen-megaton Castle–Bravo nuclear device detonated at Bikini Atoll:

“The Bravo crater in the atoll reef had a diameter of 6510 ft, with a depth of 250 ft. Within one minute the mushroom cloud had reached 50,000 feet (15 km), breaking 100,000 feet (30 km) two minutes later. The cloud top rose and peaked at 130,000 feet (almost 40 km) after only six minutes. Eight minutes after the test the cloud had reached its full dimensions with a diameter of 100 km, a stem 7 km thick, and a cloud bottom rising above 55,000 feet (16.5 km).†[1]

“The entire Bikini Atoll was contaminated to varying degrees and plans for conducting test operations from the islands, including use of the firing bunker, had to be abandoned. All further Castle tests were controlled by radio link from the USS Estes.†[2]

“After this test the exclusion zone around the Castle tests was increased to 570,000 square miles, a circle 850 miles across (for comparison this is equal to about 1% of the entire Earth's land area).†[3]

“There are currently about 31,000 nuclear warheads deployed or in reserve in the stockpiles of eight countries…Of these about 13,000 are deployed and 4,600 of these are on high alert, i.e. ready to be launched within minutes notice. The combined explosive yield of these weapons is approximately 5,000 megatons…†[4]

[1] http://nuclearweaponarchive.org/Usa/Tests/Castle.html

[2] Ibid.

[3] Ibid.

[4] http://www.nuclearfiles.org/menu/key-is ... kpiles.htm
you took bits and pieces out of verses, and not the whole verse, a misquote in my book
and to ramble on about bitter herbs when the verse specifically refers to a STAR makes you wrong again. Face it Wormwood is a brown dwarf STAR and it will destroy this year.

Highwic wrote to David505:

dont bother miss quoting bible versus to me

Rev 8 v7 The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.

all the worlds grass burnt up and a third of the trees and you think a nuclear exchange. get serious
it is the super heated methane atmosphere of Wormwood mixing with Earths
Rev 8 v 8 says And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was
cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;

that description clearly indicates a meteor or asteroid type thing hitting an ocean

Rev 8 v 11 And the name of the star is called Wormwood and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.

And the NAME of the STAR is called WORMWOOD[/quote]

David505 replied to highwic:

Thanks highwic, although I’m certain I did not misquote scripture.

Regarding “get seriousâ€â€¦

Consider the following assessments of the 1954 fifteen-megaton Castle–Bravo nuclear device detonated at Bikini Atoll:

“The Bravo crater in the atoll reef had a diameter of 6510 ft, with a depth of 250 ft. Within one minute the mushroom cloud had reached 50,000 feet (15 km), breaking 100,000 feet (30 km) two minutes later. The cloud top rose and peaked at 130,000 feet (almost 40 km) after only six minutes. Eight minutes after the test the cloud had reached its full dimensions with a diameter of 100 km, a stem 7 km thick, and a cloud bottom rising above 55,000 feet (16.5 km).†[1]

“The entire Bikini Atoll was contaminated to varying degrees and plans for conducting test operations from the islands, including use of the firing bunker, had to be abandoned. All further Castle tests were controlled by radio link from the USS Estes.†[2]

“After this test the exclusion zone around the Castle tests was increased to 570,000 square miles, a circle 850 miles across (for comparison this is equal to about 1% of the entire Earth's land area).†[3]

“There are currently about 31,000 nuclear warheads deployed or in reserve in the stockpiles of eight countries…Of these about 13,000 are deployed and 4,600 of these are on high alert, i.e. ready to be launched within minutes notice. The combined explosive yield of these weapons is approximately 5,000 megatons…†[4]

[1] http://nuclearweaponarchive.org/Usa/Tests/Castle.html

[2] Ibid.

[3] Ibid.

[4] http://www.nuclearfiles.org/menu/key-is ... kpiles.htm[/quote]

highwic replied to David505:

you took bits and pieces out of verses, and not the whole verse, a misquote in my book
and to ramble on about bitter herbs when the verse specifically refers to a STAR makes you wrong again. Face it Wormwood is a brown dwarf STAR and it will destroy this year.[/quote]

Face it (respectfully) yourself: The fusion reaction is the same process that powers the stars.

I do have a pair of binoculars, a bottle of water, a small flashlight, and of course, my Bible, at the ready should your prediction happen “this year†as you say. Can we quote you?

Face it (respectfully) yourself: The fusion reaction is the same process that powers the stars.

I do have a pair of binoculars, a bottle of water, a small flashlight, and of course, my Bible, at the ready should your prediction happen “this year†as you say. Can we quote you?[/quote]

you think its a prediction ?
just what part of my opening statement is it you dont understand ?
I have tracked WW for 6 months, seen it every night till recently
I have seen with the naked eye, the heat coming off it !!!
I have seen its moons naked eye, I know where it is in relation to the Sun, Jupiter, and the Earth at all times
my you tube channel clearly shows this http://www.youtube.com/user/highwic
badasselvis's channel clearly shows videos of it
this is no prediction ............this is FACT and you need to get with the program

mdo757 said:
If all of this is true, then how come it is not on the news? :chin
if this was in the news there would be major panic, economies would collapse and chaos mayhem and
lawlessness would abound
why do you think in the US they have built 800 concentration camps on the rail with gas
paddocks with 500,000 plastic coffins in them, how do you tell 6 billion people there times up.......
you dont
ever since they (govts) found WW back in the early 80's the tunneling machines have been at it day and night in the Rockies and other high areas world wide

mdo757 said:
There are many Astronomers in the world and most of them do not work for any government. :confused

I went to a night meeting of Astronomers back in Oct-Nov when WW was still high in the night sky
I arrived with my infrared binoculars and they all had telescopes and were all saying it was Jupiter
then when there was no more dim light from the Sun I showed them what they were really looking at
the 2 million mile wide corona SAYS IT ALL
after that no 1 was claiming Jupiter .........1 day you will wake up

highwic said:
mdo757 said:
There are many Astronomers in the world and most of them do not work for any government. :confused

I went to a night meeting of Astronomers back in Oct-Nov when WW was still high in the night sky
I arrived with my infrared binoculars and they all had telescopes and were all saying it was Jupiter
then when there was no more dim light from the Sun I showed them what they were really looking at
And what year and month is it due to arrive?

mdo757 said:
highwic said:
mdo757 said:

And what year and month is it due to arrive?

This year and August ............you better start searching for a cave :biglol :rolling

Wormwood in the Greek: is apsinthos, a bitter, often poisonous herb/drug which will pollute one third of fresh water on earth. Source: Bible...Rev.8:10 - 11.... :study

hisvessel1 said:
Wormwood in the Greek: is apsinthos, a bitter, often poisonous herb/drug which will pollute one third of fresh water on earth. Source: Bible...Rev.8:10 - 11.... :study

not in Rev ............here it is 11And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter. :study :study :study

highwic said:
This year and August ............you better start searching for a cave :biglol :rolling
I was wondering if you are a Christian, because the word "Wic" is short for Wiccan. High Wiccan. I have nothing to worry about, Im a Christian, I know of a cave and deep underground water. No worries. When this event does not take place, perhaps then you will listen to me.

mdo757 said:
highwic said:
I was wondering if you are a Christian, because the word "Wic" is short for Wiccan. High Wiccan. I have nothing to worry about, Im a Christian, I know of a cave and deep underground water. No worries. When this event does not take place, perhaps then you will listen to me.

yea I'm a christian alright, the ??? is are you ....''highwic'' is the name of an old family home
the event will take place so start getting used to it .....want to put your $$$$$$$ where your mouth is
$10,000 says it will , match that :P :yes

highwic said:
mdo757 said:
highwic said:

yea I'm a christian alright, the ??? is are you ....''highwic'' is the name of an old family home
the event will take place so start getting used to it .....want to put your $$$$$$$ where your mouth is
It would not be right for me to take your money. August is not a long time to wait. When it does not happen, will you listen to me? I study prophetic time. The parabolic language of the bible can be tricky for most Christians, but it does mean specific things.

highwic said:
MDO had a right to ask, since the username was suspect. Thanks for explaining, but please, in the future, don't get offended. I'm certain MDO would not come here and lie about being a Christian.

Also, Christians usually don't make bets. :gah

Vic C. said:
highwic said:
MDO had a right to ask, since the username was suspect. Thanks for explaining, but please, in the future, don't get offended. I'm certain MDO would not come here and lie about being a Christian.

Also, Christians usually don't make bets. :gah
its hardly a bet when its a sure thing ..........and to claim my username is suspect is an outrageous statement .........all it would have taken was a google search of ''highwic'' to see it has nothing to do with the pagan ''Wiccan" ..............username suspect ,,,,,,,,what a joke !!!

Back