Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Would you date a ' Liberal' or 'Evangelical ' Christian?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
If by sexual partner you mean actually having sex prior to marriage. That yes is normal among non Christians,but is not normal with Christians.

As for teenagers talking with the opposite sex, I am unsure just what you are getting at.

We have your quote above, pre marital sex is normal, then what I haven't quote questioning whether teenagers should talk to the opposite sex.
Just to be clear, I think teenagers should talk to the opposite sex. (Sorry, I didn't understand that was a point in any of this.)

If they had a nice body.............am I allowed to make a joke like that on here? I'm married too. Oops.

My wife is secular. I think it has worked. Because much of my thinking is secular anyway.it keeps me grounded too. I sentimentally mentioned that we can avoid loneliness if we have Jesus Christ. In retrospect that was a dumb thing to say. Better to be a witness than a preacher.

How would you deal with the difference in your beliefs?

Imagine that you really, really like this other Christian what would happen?
A christian is a christian in my eyes, doesnt matter the background, as long as its not heresy its okay to date a girl from another sect and learn together.

A christian is a christian in my eyes, doesnt matter the background, as long as its not heresy its okay to date a girl from another sect and learn together.

If only that were true!

A Christian is someone who has said sorry for their rejection of God and his laws and has submitted themselves to the ruling of Jesus in their life.
It is not and has never been because one belongs to or attends a church.

Yes by all means go out with someone from another church group and learn about their beliefs.
But also start as you mean to continue and if serious about a person attend one church regularly together.

A Christian is someone who has said sorry for their rejection of God and his laws and has submitted themselves to the ruling of Jesus in their life.
It is not and has never been because one belongs to or attends a church.
Very true on the message, but remember that if someone goes to church they would at least be accepting of someone and their partners of following the Christian faith. The person may be weak in the faith, but they would still be able to relate in some senses.

If I were single, I would be very selective and particular in that not only must she be Christian, but also a compatible personality type. After watching Jordan Peterson videos, I am much more aware of who I am, personality wise, and would choose a creative introvert such as myself. I have very particular Christian criteria she must meet like adult baptism, post-trib, the Trinity, grace with obedience, etc

Very true on the message, but remember that if someone goes to church they would at least be accepting of someone and their partners of following the Christian faith. The person may be weak in the faith, but they would still be able to relate in some senses.

If all that is happening is going out with someone, then one can be accomodating of there views, but as the/if the relationship starts getting serious then the fact that both parties believes something the other thinks is false, not only has to be discussed, but the type of church that both worship at together has to be decided.
Quite likly the theology and church will be a relationship braker.

Corinthians chapter 6. Light and darkness have nothing in common. Temple of God and belial have no concord. Most denominations and churches teach tradition of men, false doctrine. A Christian who studys sound doctrine, won't compromise their values and beliefs. I wont get involved with anyone. Most people today study theology, and its false doctrine. Romans chapter 16 tells us to stay away from those involved in traditions of men and those who cause divisions. Years ago, a neighbor talked to me about his role as Christian. He said believes in aliens, and has the solution to the world's problems. He believes in evolution. I walked away seeing hes subverted. In Corinthians chapter 3, satan has blinded those who dont believe. Their not children of light. Their walking in darkness and it ends in destruction. Another person, unbelievers, reads romance books. He tried to offer me books on romance, and I declined his offer. I'm not judging anyone. Its self evident, their on path to destruction. Many people will end up in sheol. James chapter 1, all wisdom and knowledge comes from God. If you feed your brain garbage, you know the results.

If I were open to dating, which I'm not, I'd date someone who has similar views to me. So, a liberal who has a more traditional viewing of scripture.

Would you date anyone who said, "Love me or I'll steal you away and torture you for the rest of your days"?

See what I did there? ;)

I still have no idea what you're writing about.
Many say "Oh, that poor man lost his battle with cancer". Nobody loses a battle with cancer - it ends in a draw. When a cancer victim dies, the cancer dies along with them.

Many think God says "I have loved thee with an everlasting love, therefore, with lovingkindness I have called thee......and by the way, if you refuse My invitation, I'll throw you in a fiery chamber and burn you for all eternity."

Nothing could be further from the truth, which is that if a sinner wants saving grace but not transforming grace (which fits us for obedient heavenly citizenship with the rest of universe), God has no choice but to bring the existence of that sinner and all other sinners to an end, thereby bringing the existence of sin to and end, as well.

Many say "Oh, that poor man lost his battle with cancer". Nobody loses a battle with cancer - it ends in a draw. When a cancer victim dies, the cancer dies along with them.

Many think God says "I have loved thee with an everlasting love, therefore, with lovingkindness I have called thee......and by the way, if you refuse My invitation, I'll throw you in a fiery chamber and burn you for all eternity."

Nothing could be further from the truth, which is that if a sinner wants saving grace but not transforming grace (which fits us for obedient heavenly citizenship with the rest of universe), God has no choice but to bring the existence of that sinner and all other sinners to an end, thereby bringing the existence of sin to and end, as well.
This has absolutely nothing to do with the OP. And it's all wrong.

Saw this on another forum so have pinched the idea.
What ever you take on Christianity if you are single, or when you were single.
Would you have dated a Christian from another part/side of Christianity.
Example if a staunch Roman Catholic would you have gone out with a committed Calvinist?
Or if a wishy washy liberal would you go out with a fervent evangelical?
If a convinced no tongues etc go out with a fervent speaker in tongues?

How would you deal with the difference in your beliefs?

Imagine that you really, really like this other Christian what would happen?
I would date another Christian, sure. Roman Catholic? Well I'm not one, but sure.

Liberal though? That's a no for me. I'm not into masochism.

I would date another Christian, sure. Roman Catholic? Well I'm not one, but sure.

Liberal though? That's a no for me. I'm not into masochism.
If I was still of dating age, I would of course date a Christian or a liberal. Or a liberal Christian. Why not?

Your comment about masochism is stupid.

Back