Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

You can be ONCE SAVED and ALWAYS SAVED!

• Thread starter TruthSeeker2012
  • Start date

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
My answer is YES! I have dealt with everyone in a Christian manner to get to the truth! Sometimes to get to the truth takes a certain approach.

Now answer me a question, fair is fair, as I answered you. Did Stephen treat the people fair and was in control when he yelled at them and called them STIFF NECKED HYPOCRITES? Notice it made them so angry that they killed Stephen! Also note that Acts says Stephen was FILLED with the Holy Spirit at the time.

If you were there observing Stephens behaviour and comments, would you have said to Stephen what you said to me? Please answer honestly.

Yes I would. I don't believe in Stephens, nor do I follow him as a model of truth. If I see a behavior that to me doesn't jive with the teachings of Jesus I would seek clarification.

Also, what truth are you trying to get to that is so important?

NOPE.
Is that too many letters? YES or NO?

No.

But I must admit I find what you teach disturbing because according to you, a born again Christian CANNOT remain SAVED ALWAYS and MUST LOSE THEIR SALVATION! That is a very disturbing doctrine you are teaching and it contradicts Jesus and Bible which says the opposite that WE CAN KNOW WE HAVE ETERNAL LIFE!

Anyone teaching that a BORN AGAIN Christian CANNOT remain SAVED ALWAYS is not teaching biblical doctrine in my opinion.:screwloose

Yes I would. I don't believe in Stephens, nor do I follow him as a model of truth. If I see a behavior that to me doesn't jive with the teachings of Jesus I would seek clarification.

Also, what truth are you trying to get to that is so important?

1. eddy, so you do not believe all of Bible was God breathed and that Stephen was filled with the Holy Spirit at the time and doing God's will when he yelled at them calling them stiff necked hypocrites?

I realise you may have sat there and thought it was completely inappropriate, but realise the Bible says Stephen was FILLED WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT at the time.

2. The truth I am trying to share and get out into the open is that a born again Christian can have assurance in their salvation and that they can KNOW they have ETERNAL LIFE NOW!

1 John 5:12-13 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Many false teachers come along and try to rob Christians of assurance of God's love and acceptance and place them into bondage and legalism and false gospel and try to place them under WITCHCRAFT:

"...Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified. I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by observing the law, or by believing what you heard? Are you so foolish? After beginning with the Spirit, are you now trying to attain your goal by human effort?" - Galatians 3:1-3

Anyone teaching that a BORN AGAIN Christian CANNOT remain SAVED ALWAYS is not teaching biblical doctrine in my opinion.:screwloose
Nobody on this forum has said that. A born again Christian can remained saved. This is what everyone is attempting to tell you- it's impossible to have a solid theological discussion with a YES or No answer.

Words of maturity, discernment and wisdom eddy and it shows me you have a high awareness to understand certain things. :thumbsup

But most people cannot answer maturely a question that challenges their beliefs, they are insecure and it makes them angry, so instead of focusing on the topic at hand and be mature about it, they instead turn to personal attacks.

I think all of us can become frustrated when we feel under attack.

I would like to whittle down this topic. Often the lack of answers is often from asking the wrong questions.

I am new to the OSAS as a problem. All my years in church it never came up. To me it is a nearly impossible philisophical question that seems to be a arguement favorite on forums.

My question is why is it important?

Nobody on this forum has said that. A born again Christian can remained saved. This is what everyone is attempting to tell you- it's impossible to have a solid theological discussion with a YES or No answer.

Now you have done a complete backflip. So now you admit that a Born again christian CAN be SAVED and ALWAYS REMAIN SAVED! A complete turn around from what you said earlier.

But I must admit I find what you teach disturbing because according to you, a born again Christian CANNOT remain SAVED ALWAYS and MUST LOSE THEIR SALVATION! :screwloose
Here you go again. Just as everyone else has told you- your are putting words in everyone's mouth's. SHOW ME WHERE I SAID A CHRISTIAN MUST LOSE THEIR SALVATION!!!!!! Making it up as you go, ain't you?
Show me the post where i wrote that.

Here you go again. Just as everyone else has told you- your are putting words in everyone's mouth's. SHOW ME WHERE I SAID A CHRISTIAN MUST LOSE THEIR SALVATION!!!!!! Making it up as you go, ain't you?
Show me the post where i wrote that.

In post #91 you said, "I do not believe OSAS is a sound biblical doctrine!"

I then asked, "you do NOT believe a Christian being ONCE SAVED and ALWAYS SAVED is a sound biblical doctrine?", and to that you answered, NOPE! in post #101.

And we can settle this once and for all if you believe in OSAS or not, by asking you a question:

IS IT POSSIBLE FOR A CHRISTIAN TO BE ONCE SAVED AND ALWAYS SAVED?

Yes or No?

2. The truth I am trying to share and get out into the open is that a born again Christian can have assurance in their salvation and that they can KNOW they have ETERNAL LIFE NOW!

I understand where you are coming from.

I would ask, however. Even if OSAS isn't 100% true couldn't someone still have assurance in their salvation and their eternal life?

In post #91 you said, "I do not believe OSAS is a sound biblical doctrine!"

I then asked, "you do NOT believe a Christian being ONCE SAVED and ALWAYS SAVED is a sound biblical doctrine?", and to that you answered, NOPE! in post #101.

And we can settle this once and for all if you believe in OSAS or not, by asking you a question:

IS IT POSSIBLE FOR A CHRISTIAN TO BE ONCE SAVED AND ALWAYS SAVED?

Yes or No?
You didn't show me what you said I said. Where do I say a Christian MUST lose their salvation?

Joe, Reba, and everyone else on this thread. You have my apology for my reactions on this thread. I'll respectfully bow out of this "discussion".:yes

This thread needs some serious cooling down. Locked until further notice.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back