Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The difference between the rapture and the second coming

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
For the future:

"Be ready to give an answer to every man who asks you for a reason of the hope that is in you."

If you scroll back on this and other threads, you will see that I have commented copiously on this subject, aware also of the Biblical evidence, and the many writings on the topic.

I'm reminded of President Eisenhower who, when repeatedly challenged by a Senator to engage in controversial debate, simply refused.

Blessings.

If you scroll back on this and other threads, you will see that I have commented copiously on this subject, aware also of the Biblical evidence, and the many writings on the topic.
I just joined in and would rather not scroll back. And I am sure you have posted much on the subject. I am equally certain that you have posted NOTHING from the new testament which EXPLICITLY says that Christ is returning to the earth. No such explicit statement can be found.

I just joined in and would rather not scroll back. And I am sure you have posted much on the subject. I am equally certain that you have posted NOTHING from the new testament which EXPLICITLY says that Christ is returning to the earth. No such explicit statement can be found.

Acts 1.11, in the light of Zechariah 14.4. Comment deleted
Ms Kathi in her OP on this thread quotes some useful verses on this subject. I'll just leave it there, Friend. Blessings.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am interested in the fact that in 1 Thess. 4 the church is raptured in the air. In Matthew 24, the events are on earth and seem to refer to tribulation saints.

The key word in both scriptures you mentioned is the word Coming.

At His Coming He will gather His people.

The Day of The Lord is when this occurs.

so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation. Hebrews 9:28

He comes once to gather His people.

3 Then the Lord will go forth And fight against those nations, As He fights in the day of battle. 4 And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, Which faces Jerusalem on the east. And the Mount of Olives shall be split in two, From east to west, Making a very large valley; Half of the mountain shall move toward the north And half of it toward the south. 5 Then you shall flee through My mountain valley, For the mountain valley shall reach to Azal. Yes, you shall flee As you fled from the earthquake In the days of Uzziah king of Judah. Thus the Lord my God will come, And all the saints with You. Zechariah 14:3-5

Furthermore -

31 "When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. Matthew 25:31-32

This is the Olivet Discourse where He is teaching His Disciples privately.

His throne will be in Jerusalem, as it is written -

16 And it shall come to pass that everyone who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles. 17 And it shall be that whichever of the families of the earth do not come up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, on them there will be no rain. Zechariah 14:16-17

A King sits on a Throne. The Throne is located in Jerusalem. Jerusalem is located on planet Earth, explicitly!

JLB

images
I am here to help fainting :biggrin2 we best get back to topic :topic

:lol :hysterical :rofl2

I am not real big on posting in rapture threads but here goes. At one time I was very confused about the rapture. There are so many theories about it. We have the pre-trib, mid-trib, and post-trib rapturests. We have so many theories about when the rapture will happen. I asked the Lord one time to clarify for me when the rapture would happen. He told me "If you are about the father's business, what difference does it make?" You could be so right about it, but then what if you are wrong? Don't be standing around waiting for the rapture to occur, be about serving the Lord.

On these and other matters, we are all likely to want to ask ourselves, 'What saith the Scriptures?' And so it follows that it's good to respect one another's individual, conscientious paths to being convinced.

Blessings.

s
3 Then the Lord will go forth And fight against those nations, As He fights in the day of battle. 4 And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, Which faces Jerusalem on the east. And the Mount of Olives shall be split in two, From east to west, Making a very large valley; Half of the mountain shall move toward the north And half of it toward the south. 5 Then you shall flee through My mountain valley, For the mountain valley shall reach to Azal. Yes, you shall flee As you fled from the earthquake In the days of Uzziah king of Judah. Thus the Lord my God will come, And all the saints with You. Zechariah 14:3-5
First, this is NOT a new testament scripture. I asked for scriptures from the new testament.

Second, Zechariah 14 is NOT a Messianic prophecy. It is about and old testament coming of YHWH. See my post #78 yesterday inwhich I said,

Zechariah 14 is about and old testament coming of YHWH. It is NOT Messianic at all. It is anthropomorphism. The exact same language is used whem YHWH came to Mt. Sinai to give the law. It says that He came to Mt. Sinai and that the people "sat at His feet."

What is your proof from the context that Zechariah 14 is Messianic?
Furthermore -

31 "When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. Matthew 25:31-32
First, where does it say that the throne is on the earth? The Father also sits on a throne. Yet I see nobody saying that He sits on a throne on the earth. I asked for an EXPLICIT statement which says that the throne is on the earth.

Second, Paul said that when Christ comes He must destroy the LAST enemy which is death. This means that the judgment of the nations will have already happened.

Furthermore, Jesus was a son of Jeconiah. No son of Jeconiah may sit on the earthly throne. The curse has NOT been reversed.

First, this is NOT a new testament scripture. I asked for scriptures from the new testament.

Second, Zechariah 14 is NOT a Messianic prophecy. It is about and old testament coming of YHWH. See my post #78 yesterday inwhich I said,

Zechariah 14 is about and old testament coming of YHWH. It is NOT Messianic at all. It is anthropomorphism. The exact same language is used whem YHWH came to Mt. Sinai to give the law. It says that He came to Mt. Sinai and that the people "sat at His feet."

What is your proof from the context that Zechariah 14 is Messianic?
First, where does it say that the throne is on the earth? The Father also sits on a throne. Yet I see nobody saying that He sits on a throne on the earth. I asked for an EXPLICIT statement which says that the throne is on the earth.

Second, Paul said that when Christ comes He must destroy the LAST enemy which is death. This means that the judgment of the nations will have already happened.

Furthermore, Jesus was a son of Jeconiah. No son of Jeconiah may sit on the earthly throne. The curse had NOT been reversed.

Please clarify highlighted statement at the end of your post. Thank-you.

My Lord will sit on the Throne of David (Luke 1.32). The Lord Jesus bore the curse at the Cross and emerged entirely victorious (1 Corinthians 15.57).

Last edited:
an·thro·po·mor·phism
ˌanTHrəpəˈmôrˌfizəm/
noun
noun: anthropomorphism
  1. 1.
    the attribution of human characteristics or behavior to a god, animal, or object.

Please explain the meaning of this portion of your post?
God cursed Jeconiah
Please clarify highlighted statement at the end of your post. Thank-you.

My Lord will sit on the Throne of David (Luke 1.32). The Lord Jesus bore the curse at the Cross and emerged entirely victorious (1 Corinthians 15.57).
The curse was that the sons of Jeconiah could not sit on the throne of David in Judah. Jesus sits on the throne of David in heaven (Acts 2:29-35). God exalted David's throne to heaven.

God cursed Jeconiah

The curse was that the sons of Jeconiah could not sit on the throne of David in Judah. Jesus sits on the throne of David in heaven (Acts 2:29-35). God exalted David's throne to heaven.

Philippians 2 makes it clear that every knee shall bow 'things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth' to Jesus and every tongue shall confess that He is earth. He is King of kings and Lord of lords both in heaven and on earth. Galatians 3.13 makes it clear that the objects of His blessing are redeemed from the curse, because His Cross is victorious.

Philippians 2 makes it clear that every knee shall bow 'things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth' to Jesus and every tongue shall confess that He is earth. He is King of kings and Lord of lords both in heaven and on earth.
Paul quoted Isaiah 45 which is about the saved. It says that every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that in the Lord he has righteousness (Isaiah 45:23-24). It is every knee and every tongue of the saved that is in view.

Paul said that the LAST enemy is to be destroyed at the resurrection. This means that all other enemies will have been destroyed BEFORE the resurrection. Therefore, the judgment of the nations will have occurred BEFORE the resurrection.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back