Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

3 groups exist in Mt c.25:32-46: sheep,goats,my brethren

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
The Sheep and the Brethren are the same group. The Sheep are Christs Brethren Heb 2:11-13

11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he[Christ] is not ashamed to call them brethren,

12 Saying, I will declare thy name unto my[Christ] brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee.

13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

Jesus classfies them which do the will of His Father His Brethren as well Matt 12:50

For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

The whosover here does away with any racial distinctions.

Now the goats are the non elect of mankind, whom Christ never knew at anytime Matt 7:23

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

No doubt these here Christ bids depart from me I never knew you, does correspond with the goats on His left hand in Matt 25:32,41

The Sheep and the Brethren are the same group. The Sheep are Christs Brethren Heb 2:11-13

11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he[Christ] is not ashamed to call them brethren,

12 Saying, I will declare thy name unto my[Christ] brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee.

13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

Jesus classfies them which do the will of His Father His Brethren as well Matt 12:50

For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

The whosover here does away with any racial distinctions.

Now the goats are the non elect of mankind, whom Christ never knew at anytime Matt 7:23

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

No doubt these here Christ bids depart from me I never knew you, does correspond with the goats on His left hand in Matt 25:32,41
How is that possible? The sheep are being judged at the return of Christ, before His millennial kingdom. So they can't be "His Brethren". Even the text you cite says they are "sanctified":

11 For both He who sanctifies (37 hagiazo) and those who are being sanctified (37 hagiazo) are all of one, for which reason He is not ashamed to call them brethren, (Heb. 2:11 NKJ)

37 hagiazo {hag-ee-ad'-zo}
Meaning: 1) to render or acknowledge, or to be venerable or hallow 2) to separate from profane things and dedicate to God 2a) consecrate things to God 2b) dedicate people to God 3) to purify 3a) to cleanse externally 3b) to purify by expiation: free from the guilt of sin 3c) to purify internally by renewing of the soul
Origin: from 40; TDNT - 1:111,14; v
Usage: AV - sanctify 26, hallow 2, be holy 1; 29

If the sheep were sanctified (SAINTS), they wouldn't be judged:

24 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life. (Jn. 5:24 NKJ)

The sheep are being judged at the return of Christ, before His millennial kingdom. So they can't be "His Brethren"
What do you mean? His brethren/his sheep are judged at his return.
If the sheep were sanctified (SAINTS), they wouldn't be judged:
You don't understand what "judge" means. It does not always just mean punishment. A judge can rule in favor of one party, and thus to "judge" is to reward. So in his divine court, God gives judgment: his brethren/sheep are judged to be faithful, and the goats are judged to be wicked.

What do you mean? His brethren/his sheep are judged at his return.

You don't understand what "judge" means. It does not always just mean punishment. A judge can rule in favor of one party, and thus to "judge" is to reward. So in his divine court, God gives judgment: his brethren/sheep are judged to be faithful, and the goats are judged to be wicked.
Perhaps, but not here.

Both sheep and goats are being judged on whether they vicariously received Christ by receiving His "brethren".

As they are being judged on how they treated Christ's brethren, they cannot be Christ's brethren:

40 "And the King will answer and say to them,`Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.' (Matt. 25:40 NKJ)

45 "Then He will answer them, saying,`Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.'
46 "And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life." (Matt. 25:45-46 NKJ)

Back