Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

7th day adventist. Are they a cult?

guibox said:
Lord help us! :o

If I had to pick someone to explain the SDA faith the last person I would choose on this forum is oscar!

Let me 'clear' things up...

The 'Clear Word' is one man's paraphrase written to make devotional study easier. It is not an official bible version of the SDA church (mutz had it right...the KJV is the standard though many SDAs use many different versions). Heck, only a few SDAs at my church actually own one to read.

Treat it like any other paraphrase out there. Don't try and use it to make false accusations and slander the church.

PS: EGW was a 'co-founder' of the church and really wasn't big aspect in its original formation. Joseph Bates, James White and J.N. Loughborough had more of a hand in the formation of the church then EGW.

Guibox, you just labeled SDA's as part of the Church. How sad..... they miss the one Person that frees men from their inherently sinful nature.... Christ Jesus. They think all men will go to heaven.That's mans thought, not Gods. Christ was clear "I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life; no one comes to the Father except through Me" (John 14:6). PAul says "for ALL have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" (Rom 3:23). Only Christ is the way.... you must "confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead" so that "you will be saved"(Rom 10:9). All men will not go to heaven.... only the ones who believe.... true Christians.

In Christ,
Andrew

P.s. you will slander me im sure, do so if you must.... i won't care. :)

Remember... Christ is the only way.... Amen!

Disciple1988 said:
P.s. you will slander me im sure, do so if you must.... i won't care. :)

Andrew, unlike others on this forum, slander is not what I like to do. However, it is clear based on your post that you don't have a clue what SDAs believe as far as salvation and Christ.

Disciple1988 said:
How sad..... they miss the one Person that frees men from their inherently sinful nature.... Christ Jesus. They think all men will go to heaven.

Andrew, SDAs believe no such thing. They believe Christ is the Son of God, came to die for our sins, bestowing on us eternal life by His grace and not by our own merits. By His death and resurrection, Christ has vanquished the power of sin and made salvation possible for all who would choose it.

Frankly, I've had many people accuse SDAs of a lot of thing but universalism has to be a first! :)

Disciple1988 said:
Remember... Christ is the only way.... Amen!

Amen brother, and I have yet to meet an SDA throughout our entire church history and today who believed any different.

Universalism is definitely not in their doctrines. They believe the 144,000 to be a spiritual representative of an indefinite number, and only those who observe the sabbath will be in that. Everybody that worships on any other day, has taken the mark of the beast.

They accept hardly any of prophesy as relative, only in a spiritual sense. Such a no actual 1000 year earthly kingdom ruled by Christ, no actual tribulation, no battle of armageddon.

They also do not consider themselves as a denomination, but a movement.

I know, and have known a few.

We felt an unusual spirit of prayer. And as we prayed the Holy Ghost fell upon us. We were very happy. Soon I was lost to earthly things and was wrapped in a vision of God's glory. I saw an angel flying swiftly to me. He quickly carried me from the earth to the Holy City. In the city I saw a temple, which I entered. I passed through a door before I came to the first veil. This veil was raised, and I passed into the holy place. Here I saw the altar of incense, the candlestick with seven lamps, and the table on which was the shewbread. After viewing the glory of the holy, Jesus raised the second veil and I passed into the holy of holies.

For more info, click on the link.......There is some crazy stuff there.
http://www.evangelicaloutreach.org/white.htm

JG use this Avatar it fits you because you like Romans

17892642684567a393c311e.gif

Darn I downloaded to my desktop and I do not have the web site I grabbed it from. Does anyone know how to upload a pic from the PC on here?

oscar3 said:
NO, no no
That is some elses.
I was under the impression that I should not post the links, so I did not.

I thought we were SUPPOSED to show the source of material that wasn't our own. What gave you the impression that you are speaking of?

Edited: The lenghth of this post should be shorter and a link to provide the source to this information.

I would suggest to forget the cut and paste jobs. Take an Adventist belief. See if it tallies with the Bible. If it doesn't ...then toss it out. Why does one have to go to some man-made website to try to prove a point anyway?

The very name of the denomination 'Seventh-day Adventist' indicates that they believe in (a) keeping the seventh-day Sabbath as instituted at Creation, and (b) the (soon) coming (the advent) of Jesus. For starters, does THEIR name make them a cult religion . . .Yes? . . .No?

SputnikBoy said:
I would suggest to forget the cut and paste jobs. Take an Adventist belief. See if it tallies with the Bible. If it doesn't ...then toss it out. Why does one have to go to some man-made website to try to prove a point anyway?

The very name of the denomination 'Seventh-day Adventist' indicates that they believe in (a) keeping the seventh-day Sabbath as instituted at Creation, and (b) the (soon) coming (the advent) of Jesus. For starters, does THEIR name make them a cult religion . . .Yes? . . .No?

As you are probably aware I am not SDA. Actually just thinking about that - I am nothing - Praise God I'm free! :D. But as to your question. No I don't consider those who are 'Seventh-day Adventists' as cultists.

mutzrein said:
No I don't consider those who are 'Seventh-day Adventists' as cultists.

Mutz
Of course you don't. A house divided among itself will not stand.

I think the point that needs to be made to those who judge a person by the denomination they belong to - or perhaps by their agreement with some doctrines of a particular denomination is this.

The spirit of God is not bound by denominational or even 'cult' barriers. I know of folks who have come to know the Lord in many of these places that some just cannot accept as being 'christian' even. And I am sure in some cases BECAUSE a person has found Christ in the midst of these groups it is not until their walk with the Lord matures that they are able to discern whether or not, what they are being 'fed', is good.

You know I could point to just about any religious group and show their errors (as I percieve them). But who am I to say that a person who appears to be part of them is 'lost' or 'needs to be saved' or 'needs Jesus in their heart' or 'is not born again' etc etc.

Let's leave a person's salvation up to God. If indeed they are His, then their faith in God and their walk with Him in the light of what He reveals to them is sufficient. Sure, we can show them reason for our beliefs, if they differ, but to suggest that they need 'salvation', just on the basis of that difference is to stand in judgment of the grace of God by which they are already 'saved'.

I wonder if any of you have noticed that John (John the Baptist) is a Seventh Day Adventist, and a staunch Trinitarian? I believe that this is uncommon. He also uses the KJV, btw, in EVERY post. I think he agrees with guibox, and others, on his views of Hell, and certainly he honors the Sabbath too. I do not completely agree with John on everything, but I have gleaned a great deal of truth from his posts, and realized this past year that we actually have many common beliefs. I remember the first time I read a response from him, I did't understand it, but I have been glad that I took the time in the beginning to learn his style. Just an observation.

I have also gleaned from Robert, solo, Vic, jason, Drew, nocturnal, destiny, mutz, jeff, javier, guibox, Nikki, judy, gabby, Gary, lewis, Mr. V, Thess, MEC, D46, Dave..., WildAtHeart, and even George on the rare occasion. :-D Actually, the list goes on...unred, jack, jake, etc. I don't want to hijack the thread, but does anyone have anything against gleaning truth from other believers, religions, denominations, etc? I think you were saying something along these lines in your post mutz...similar to this principal of gleaning, I mean.

I admit, I have leanings, but utimately I have become a huge patchwork in my beliefs concerning the specific denominations. Would anyone actually say that they agree 100% with any denomination? I am truly interested in the answer to that one.

The Lord bless you.

While I have never been involved in a religion that Christians would consider a cult, I have been in a church where the scriptural food wasn't as filling as it could have been. I realized that when I went to Bible college. I realized that although it was a Bible believing, Bible preaching church, it lacked the meat that I needed to grow. After Bible college I went to a church where I knew the pastor and knew that I would get more "meat" of the word. If a person is in a "cult" or a "false religion" or a church where there is no "meat" of the word being preached, how will they ever grow to the point where they will realize what they've been missing? I didn't realize it until I left and went to college and was instilled with a hunger for His word that I never had before.

Back