Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

7th day adventist. Are they a cult?

How about this..Let's go to the actual source instead of quack second hand information that oscar has been given that is there merely to inflame and spread half-truths at best.

http://www.adventist.org/beliefs/fundamental/index.html

Read what they believe and then either agree or disagree. Much more sensible than trying to get your information from basically 'tabloid' websites.

BTW, lovely, I don't think JTB is SDA though he does share some similar beliefs (the same goes for Soma-Sight, I believe). Of course, one doesn't really get that from JTB because most of his posts are completely ADHD and difficult to make any sense of :D (Sorry JTB but it is the truth)

clear20word20bible20covcd3.jpg

ellengwhitezu9.gif

False teaching, no matter how cut it or spin it

:roll: Yes oscar...Thank you for your opinion. Edited for personal content

:o My, that's what someone who belongs to a cult might just say to throw the elect off their tracks! :robot: Maybe you better stick around to ensure that I am not deceiving the flock, edited !

Save me from myself!!

guibox said:
:roll: Yes oscar...Thank you for your opinion. Edited for personal content

:o My, that's what someone who belongs to a cult might just say to throw the elect off their tracks! :robot: Maybe you better stick around to ensure that I am not deceiving the flock, edited !

Save me from myself!!

Hey your welcome. Anything that I can to help. :)
http://www.biblebelievers.com/SDA/SDA1.html#1-a

oscar3 said:
clear20word20bible20covcd3.jpg

ellengwhitezu9.gif

False teaching, no matter how cut it or spin it

I don't know how many more times I can say this. But, here goes again.

My beliefs come NOT from the Clear Word Bible (nor do any SDA teachings); nor do they come from the writings of Ellen G. White. While I can't and don't speak for everyone affiliated with the Adventist Church I personally have read and been influenced by NEITHER. Nevertheless, I still believe in the principle doctrines as taught by the SDA Church/the Bible.

Your move, Oscar.

Hi guibox,

"BTW, lovely, I don't think JTB is SDA though he does share some similar beliefs (the same goes for Soma-Sight, I believe). Of course, one doesn't really get that from JTB because most of his posts are completely ADHD and difficult to make any sense of (Sorry JTB but it is the truth)"

I thought he might come on and speak to it himself...perhaps he has left this board altogether. :sad I asked him before, and he told me that he was SDA, but I know there are some issues (I'm guessing they are Trinity related)...I would let him tell you about those for himself, however, so that I don't mispeak. As far as his posts, I felt that same way the first few times I waded through them, but now I understand them pretty easily, and as I have mentioned...I have learned from them.

Anyway, the Lord bless you.

guibox said:
BTW, lovely, I don't think JTB is SDA though he does share some similar beliefs (the same goes for Soma-Sight, I believe). Of course, one doesn't really get that from JTB because most of his posts are completely ADHD and difficult to make any sense of :D (Sorry JTB but it is the truth)

Hello old friend.

You think that JTB posts in ADHD because you have a difficult time thinking in terms of concepts as a whole. Instead, you seem to think more on the plains of linear thought from point to point in a more logical fashion.
John (and I wish he were still here) has opened my eyes on many an occation and never do I recall him (even when I was in error) being harsh to me.
It's kind of sad you couldn't make sense of John's posts. I'll miss him. In the meantime, forward me one of his comments that flew completly over your head and I'll try and interpret it for you. As far as John being an SDA, I know that he agreed a lot with the SDA, but I wouldnt' say that made him an SDA. Like myself, I lean toward Orthodoxy, but I am not Orthodox and maintain more of a protestant view.

Sorry for pulling the thread. Continue on now...

Still off-track ...in all fairness a number of posters had/have problems with JtB's contributions to the forum ...they simply could not/do not understand his style of presentation. I'm one of them.

Having said that, I have a soft spot for John and I do believe that, in his way, he makes a great deal of sense. I came across an older thread on the forum (maybe someone could resurrect it) where he was discussing and supporting Ellen White with a great deal of authority and savvy on the issue. Great stuff! I'm glad that others have learned from his contributions and I SO hope that he hasn't left the forum. let us know that you're still around, John!!

By the way, wouldn't John (the Baptist) be a Baptist perhaps ...?

JTB left ? hmmm
He was really tough to understand but everynow and then he made sense.

Revelation 12:17 And the dragon (satan) was wroth (angry) with the woman (true church), and went to make WAR with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

This Bible prophecy predicts satan's attack against the SDA church.....because the SDA church keeps all the commandments of God, plus the have the testimony of Jesus Christ which is......the 'Spirit of Prophecy' (Revelarion 19:10).
And, wouldn't Prophets have, the Spirit of Prophecy within them ?

Now, another point to consider.
Jesus Christ was considered a 'cult'......by the religious leaders of His day !

The religious leaders told the people.... if...they acknowledged Jesus as the Son Of God, the Messiah, they would be expelled from the Synagouge !
John 12:42 Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess [him], lest they should be put out of the synagogue:

To be an SDA, you must love Jesus Christ....enough, to do as HE says: "IF..you love me, keep my commandments" (John 14:15).

The Bible plainly states:
1 John 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

2:5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

The Bible also has identified the SDA church in Revelation 14:12......
Revelation 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here [are] they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Satan HATES the SDA church as Revelation 12:17 clearly points out, and, will slander it every chance he gets !!!

Drew said:
Can anyone, oscar3 or otherwise, please provide support for this claim that SDA adherents claim that Sunday worshipper are Satan worshippers?
Read Revelation 12:17 and then see who hates SDA's.

Satan worshippers
You know... Being an ex-Satanist. I must question: So now if one worships God on Sunday they are a Satanist?? Throwing around the term 'Satan worshippers' has nothing to do with how one worships God. There is no direct connection between the two.

Atonement said:
You know... Being an ex-Satanist. I must question: So now if one worships God on Sunday they are a Satanist?? Throwing around the term 'Satan worshippers' has nothing to do with how one worships God. There is no direct connection between the two.

I believe that Jesus is refering to 'ANY' tradition that is not of God reults in 'VAIN worship.

Mark 7:7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching [for] doctrines the commandments of men.
7:8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, [as] the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
7:9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition. ************************************************************

Matthew 15:3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?
15:4 For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.
15:5 But ye say, Whosoever shall say to [his] father or [his] mother, [It is] a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me;
15:6 And honour not his father or his mother, [he shall be free]. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.
15:7 [Ye] hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,
15:8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with [their] lips; but their heart is far from me.
15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching [for] doctrines the commandments of men. ************************************************************

Colossians 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Sunday worship services, is not a Christ-ordained method of worship.....because it is based on Man's idea, not God's will.

When Jesus Christ gave the GREAT GOSPEL commission....it was to teach what Jesus Christ HIMSELF taught....
Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you..."

The only way for a person to get into heaven is to do....exactly what Christ says to do !

Satan is predicted to attampt to change God's Law (Daniel 7:25.....'think to change times and laws').
The ONLY law, of God's, that is in regards to time, is the 4th commandment.....
Exodus 20:8 Remember the sabbath day (time), to keep it holy.
20:9 Six days (time) shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
20:10 But the seventh day (time) [is] the sabbath of the LORD thy God: [in it] thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that [is] within thy gates:
20:11 For [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them [is], and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

BUT...those who study the Bible, understand what Satan has tried to do, and are not deceived by his actions.

There are but 2 paths to follow....God's or satan's, THERE IS NO MIDDLE GROUND.......
Romans 6:16 "Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness" ?

God set up the 7th day sabbath way back in Genesis 2:2,3.....as the sign of LOYALTY towards HIMSELF (Ezekiel 20:20).

Sayan says: NO, I will change that sign of loyalty towards myself....BECAUSE REMEMBER satan is refered to as the 'god of this world' (2 Corinthians 4:4).

'VAIN worship
Pagan worship, unholy worship, whatever you wanna call it. It has NOTHING to do with devil worship (Satanist) there is no contrast within the two. Just becareful when you are using terms that are not correct, because you probably will be questioned on it.

Atonement said:

I believe the problem was that someone...can we have a wild guess who that might be?..was spreading false lies about SDAs, saying that SDAs say that Sunday worshippers are Satanists which is a load of absolute hoo-ey. I'm not sure where Jay-T is going with all of it.

Atonement, I know it is not something you probably would like to talk about, but I would love to hear your story on where you were and how God took you out of it. It is not often one meets an ex-Satanist-turned-Christian. :) I'm sure many others here would like to hear the story too.

And I thought John had told me that he was a Baptist, (hence the nickname).

MEC

What EXACTLY is a 'cult'. From the standpoint of MOST denominations, ANY OTHER denomination would fall under this heading.

The largest fault of the SDA is that it was formed by a woman suffering from delirious visions. That and their insistence to follow the commandments 'as they SEE fit'. Their means of indoctrination are reminiscent of 'scientolgist' as well.

But REALLY folks, what is a 'cult'. I know what the definition is as offered by 'Websters', so that is NOT what I am asking. I am asking if there is ANY ONE DENOMINATION that has ALL the answers? I'm quite sure that there will be at least a 'couple of yo-yos' that will insist that 'their way' is the ONLY way. But other than these, are there ANY out there among us that believes that they have ALL the answers. If so, please let us know so that we are able to dismiss your posts without having to discuss them.

MEC

I don't know about other's feelings on the matter, but oscar, you would become MUCH more credible, (maybe), if you were to eliminate the inferences to others 'false beliefs', and offer tangible evidence on the subjects that you reply to.

Mutz, I must, once again, commend you on your patience with this person. It seems that EVERY statement that you make, oscar feels COMPELLED to come back with some kind of comment that indicates that 'you are lost'.

Trust me, oscar, when I offer you this; If you would only heed a pitance of what Mutz is willing to offer, your life would be changed. I know, I know, you'd be doomed to hell then, huh? Wrong again.

There are certain steps that I have learned that one's walk CAN be judged by. The first is an acceptance of God and His Son. The second is The Word, learning it. The third is understanding. This one is quite advanced and difficult for most to experience even the least of. Once again, I know, I know, we all THINK that we understand MUCH. But in reality, MOST understand VERY little.

Oscar, hopefully you will truly devote yourself and your heart to God and His Son. And I can PROMISE you this; if this be the case, ONE DAY, you will SURELY see what Mutz has 'tried' to offer you, (and others), so freely. After all the adversity that he has faced, the names and accusations, he has still patiently tried to offer the 'true children' a truth and wisdom that far exceeds what you would gather in a building and pay a pastor to receive.

God Bless and may the truth and understanding of God guide your faithful walk in Christ.

MEC

Back