Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

A commentary on the Book of Revelation - Part 1

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
John saw Jesus reigning from the heavenly throne, Rev.4-5.
Jesus is ruling right now, in the midst of His enemies.
He does return at the last day, as he has already told us.
Many are coming to understand the historic truths and leave the foolish speculations that are popular.
My dear friend, There are many, many problems with preterism.

I would say first for one thing, God’s covenant with Israel is everlasting (Jeremiah 31:35–37), and there will be a future restoration of Israel (Isaiah 11:12).

The Preterist view is actually Replacement Theology" which is totally un-Biblical.

The apostle Paul warned against those who, like Hymenaeus and Philetus, teach falsely “that the resurrection has already taken place, and they destroy the faith of some” (2 Timothy 2:17–18).

And Jesus’ mention of “this generation” should be taken to mean the generation that is alive to see the beginning of the events described in Matthew 24.

Its HISTORY, I have never read it but I doubt very seriously that a book of Holy Men who God NAMES BASICALY in these verses below, are evil occultists. I quote all kind of history buffs who never knew God, history is history.

Antiochus and Jason were the Archetype False Prophet, any Wiki page knows about Onias III and his brother Onias III. Vs. 22 is about Onias III being overthrown, verse 28-34 I'll xsplain.

Dan.11:22 And with the arms of a flood(AE4 Army) shall they be overflown from before him, and shall be broken; yea, also the prince of the covenant[is broken or killed/Onias III].

Dan. 11:28 Then shall he return into his land with great riches(Greece); and his heart shall be against the holy covenant; and he shall do exploits, and return to his own land.

29 At the time appointed he shall return, and come toward the south; but it shall not be as the former, or as the latter.

{{ Antiochus had already conquered Egypt by flattery then by usurping power. He hears about some commotion in his homeland of Greece and departs, he comes against Israel and kills 60-90 K. Then he tries to return to again rule over Egypt, but a Roman Senator met him, drew a circle around him and demanded he say if he was going to attack Egypt or not, if so Rome was declaring a war with him. NOTICE, it shall not be as THE FORMER (when AE4 conquered Egypt or as THE LATTER, when the A.C. conquers Egypt in Dan. 11:42-43 }}

30 For the ships of Chittim(Rome in this case, who ever ruled Cyprus Chittim) shall come against him: therefore he shall be grieved, and return, and have indignation against the holy covenant: so shall he do; he shall even return, and have intelligence with them that forsake the holy covenant.

31 And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary (type of AoD) of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.

32 And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.

33 And they that understand among the people shall instruct many: yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil, many days (Maccabean War).

34 Now when they shall fall, they shall be holpen(God will help the Maccabeans defeat these Greeks and regain self rule for about 60 years before Rome moved in) with a little help: but many shall cleave to them with flatteries. (About half of Israel were in love with Hellenization, Greek culture et al.)

I used plenty of sources to research about Jason, his brother Onias III, I did nit read the Maccabeans, but I do not think a book about men battling against the Greeks is Occultist, but I digress and do not care, I am using historical facts about Jason, Onias III and AE4. The point about him being written about shows he's a major known Historical Figure, that was the point. Now do you wish to say he was not a real human being who was the archetype F.P.?

There is never to much information, sounds more like you want to dodge things and kind of make excuses, I have seen those types before brother. That's like men wanting to be out of Church by 12:00, I never git that. Be about the Lords business.

The 1/3 repent BEFORE the middle of the week, read the next verse, the DOTL arrives in Zechariah 14:1. God is not going to show up and just forgive men because they are Jews IF He did why were the 2/3 not forgive also (SEE? MY POINT). All men must come unto God by FAITH ALONE !! The Jews have been hiding in the Petra/Bozrah area by the time Jesus returns for 1260 days.

Thus I win the debated points in question.

THERE IS ONLY, 7 Judgments they are the Trumpet Judgments. The 7 Vials emit from the 7th Trump.
I did not know this was a contest!!!!

I thought it was a discussion on Bible theology.

Long posts are like long sermons. Most people tune out after 20 minutes. If you want to continue long drawn out posts......please do so. It is that I will not read through them.

The authors of the Apocrypha which the four books of Maccabess belong to acknowledge that they aren’t prophets and don’t speak with divine authority like the Old Testament authors. The author of 1 Maccabees writes:

So there was great distress in Israel, the worst since the time when prophets ceased to appear among them (1 Macc. 9:27).

I certainly agree that the Maccabees give us some useful history and tell us why Jews celebrate Hanukkah.
However there is nothing in them to base an theology on or in.

With all due respect......I have considered those words of Jesus and I encourge YOU to consider them in the context of their being given and with ALL the Scriptures.

You are referring to Mathew 24:34.

You as a Preterist are saying......"he generation that was alive at His time—would by no means pass away until all of these things took place (the Abomination of Desolation, the great tribulation, the coming of the Son of Man). Therefore, these things must have taken place. Jesus must have come back or He would be a false prophet!”

Well, I disagree with that opinion and this is what Jesus meant, IMHO.......
“Then, what ‘generation’ was Jesus talking about in Matthew 24:34?” He was talking about the generation that would see “all” (v. 34) the things He just mentioned.

The key to understanding this verse (Matthew 24:34)Contextually is found by backing up a verse. Notice verse 33. Jesus said…

Matthew 24:33-34
“Even so you too, when you see these things, recognize that He is near, right at the door. 34 Truly I say to you, this generation [What generation? the generation who, in v. 33, sees “all” those things] will not pass away until all these things take place.”
So, Jesus says “when you see all these things” (v. 33).

What things?

• The “Abomination of Desolation” (v.15)
• The time of “great tribulation” (v. 21) “such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now nor ever shall.”
• The stars falling from the skies (v. 29)

That generation (the Tribulation generation) will not pass away without also seeing the coming of the Son of Man to the Earth (mentioned in v. 30).

Jesus was talking about the generation of people who would be alive during the events leading up to His Second Coming, that is, during the time of tribulation.

I more than understand it my friend, I have taught and preached against for 20 years. It is a false dichotomy.
You are thinking it is literal stars falling from heaven to earth?

My dear friend, There are many, many problems with preterism.

I would say first for one thing, God’s covenant with Israel is everlasting (Jeremiah 31:35–37), and there will be a future restoration of Israel (Isaiah 11:12).

The Preterist view is actually Replacement Theology" which is totally un-Biblical.
43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you,
and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

The True Israel is defined by Jesus......and Paul explained in Rom 11;
17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree,
wert grafted in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
I would say any theology that opposes this is in your words totally unbiblical.

The apostle Paul warned against those who, like Hymenaeus and Philetus, teach falsely “that the resurrection has already taken place, and they destroy the faith of some” (2 Timothy 2:17–18).
no one is denying the resurrection??? what are you talking about?
And Jesus’ mention of “this generation” should be taken to mean the generation that is alive to see the beginning of the events described in Matthew 24.

Mt16:28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

It was not the literal second coming to earth, but the literal coming in the clouds of judgment on Jerusalem, by 70 ad.

17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree,
wert grafted in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

Mt16:28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

It was not the literal second coming to earth, but the literal coming in the clouds of judgment on Jerusalem, by 70 ad.
Daniel 9:27 states "And he shall make a strong covenant with many for one week, and for half of the week he shall put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the wing of abominations shall come one who makes desolate, until the decreed end is poured on the desolator."

Daniel 12:11 states "And from the time that the regular burnt offering is taken away and the abomination that makes desolate is set up, there shall be 1290 days."

2 Thessalonians 2:1-4, 8 states "Now concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered together to him, we ask you brothers, not to be quickly shaken in mind or alarmed, either by a spirit or a spoken word, or a letter seeming to be from us to the effect that the Day of the Lord has come. Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day, will not come, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, who opposes and exalts himself against every so-called god, or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God." "And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom Lord Jesus will kill with the breath of his mouth and bring to nothing by the appearance of his coming."

Please take note of the above verses seriously. In the destruction of the temple in 70AD, no lawless one (the one who makes desolate) took his place as God in the temple of God in Jerusalem. If such event happened, then Christ would have returned and killed that person as Paul confirms. But it hasn't happened yet. Logical conclusion follows that 70th week is still in the future.

Please let me paraphrase again. You are claiming the following sentence:
S1: 70th week has already happened (You claim it's true)
Scripture noted above gives the following implication:
If S1 is true --> S2: the lawless one would have already appeared in the temple of Jerusalem claiming to be God in 70AD (S2 is true)

Well, from any version of history you pick S2 is false. It follows logically that S1 is false too.

Dear Iconoclast, I have not looked into arguments online about whether your claim is correct or not. I just picked up the bible that I have at home and investigated your claim thoroughly. Logic and history and scripture together imply that 70AD is still in the future.

I suggest you think deeply and thoroughly about what I said before replying. Many brothers and sisters read this back-and-forth conversation and it serves no good to confuse them and put stumbling blocks before them.

Blessings!
Follower of Christ

So you are are saying that Jesus did not come physically to the earth in 70 AD but He did come in the clouds of judgment.

My friend, when Christ comes in His kingdom, He will return to earth and be seen by every eye according to Matthew 24:25-30 and Revelation 1:7. Now did that happen in 70 AD. NO it did not. In 70 A.D. Christ was not seen by anyone.

Strike One!

When Christ comes in His kingdom, there will be no wars on earth according to Isaiah 2:4; Micah 4:3; Psalm 46:9; Zech. 9:10. Is that what was happening in 70 AD and has there been world wide peace since then????
Of course not. This did not take place in 70 A.D. In 70 A.D. it was a time of fierce warfare carried out by the powerful Roman army on a world wide scale.
Strike Two!

When Christ comes in His kingdom it will be a time of great deliverance and great blessing for the Jewish people which we read in Jeremiah 30:7-9; Ezekiel 34:25-31.
Did that take place in 70 A.D???? 70 AD was a time of great judgment upon the Jewish people who decades earlier had rejected and crucified their Messiah and they were scattered all over the Middle East.

Strike Three!------You are OUT!

May I say at this point that from my observations on this, It is typical for those who are preterists to condemn dispensationalists for the way we interpret a handful of verses that they do not think we are taking literally such as Matthew 16:27-28 and Matthew 24:34, etc. and yet they seem to ignore hundreds of kingdom prophecies given by the prophets of old and say that they will never find any literal fulfillment. Any prophetic view which seeks to take a few passages literally in such a way that forces hundreds of verses to be understood in a non-literal way is suspect, to say the least, to say the worst it is false teaching and heresy.

Daniel 9:27 states "And he shall make a strong covenant with many for one week, and for half of the week he shall put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the wing of abominations shall come one who makes desolate, until the decreed end is poured on the desolator."

Daniel 12:11 states "And from the time that the regular burnt offering is taken away and the abomination that makes desolate is set up, there shall be 1290 days."

2 Thessalonians 2:1-4, 8 states "Now concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered together to him, we ask you brothers, not to be quickly shaken in mind or alarmed, either by a spirit or a spoken word, or a letter seeming to be from us to the effect that the Day of the Lord has come. Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day, will not come, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, who opposes and exalts himself against every so-called god, or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God." "And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom Lord Jesus will kill with the breath of his mouth and bring to nothing by the appearance of his coming."

Please take note of the above verses seriously. In the destruction of the temple in 70AD, no lawless one (the one who makes desolate) took his place as God in the temple of God in Jerusalem. If such event happened, then Christ would have returned and killed that person as Paul confirms. But it hasn't happened yet. Logical conclusion follows that 70th week is still in the future.

If S1 is true --> S2: the lawless one would have already appeared in the temple of Jerusalem claiming to be God in 70AD (S2 is true)

Well, from any version of history you pick S2 is false. It follows logically that S1 is false too.

Dear Iconoclast, I have not looked into arguments online about whether your claim is correct or not. I just picked up the bible that I have at home and investigated your claim thoroughly. Logic and history and scripture together imply that 70AD is still in the future.

I suggest you think deeply and thoroughly about what I said before replying. Many brothers and sisters read this back-and-forth conversation and it serves no good to confuse them and put stumbling blocks before them.

Blessings!
Follower of Christ
You are correct and I agree.

In addition, I understans what you are saying but May I say to you that 70 AD was actually about 1954 yeears ago. It is when the Romans destroyed Jerusalem but the "events" found in Matthew 24 are yet in our future.

In addition, I understans what you are saying but May I say to you that 70 AD was actually about 1954 yeears ago. It is when the Romans destroyed Jerusalem but the "events" found in Matthew 24 are yet in our future.
Completely agree, the events found in Matthew 24 are yet in our future.

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe you mentioned the signing of a 7-year peace treaty between Israel and E.U. that shall incur God's wrath. It does remind me of the following verses:

Hosea 5:13-15 "When Ephraim (USA) saw his sickness and Judah (Israel) his wound then Ephraim went to Assyria and sent to the great king. But he is not able to cure you or heal your wound. For I will be like a lion to Ephraim, and like a young lion to the house of Judah. I, even I, will tear and go away; I will carry off and no one shall rescue. I will return again to my place, until they acknowledge their guilt and seek my face, and in their distress earnestly seek me."

My understanding is that the two-state solution offered by many countries between Palestine and Israel, is Judah's wound (current Israel). Eventually, US shall become too weak to guarantee the independence of Israel and EU shall mediate for the independence of Israel.

I link the above with Daniel 11:40 "At the time of the end, the king of the South shall attack him, but the king of the North shall rush upon him like a whirlwind, with chariots and horsemen and with many ships. And he shall come into countries and shall overflow and pass through."

Basically, in my understanding the agreement between EU and Israel shall serve as a future casus belli for the king of the South (Radical Islam in my opinion). EU king/chancellor knows this treaty shall bring a domino effect and hence shall sign the treaty in the first place. However, once king of the South is defeated, then Russia and China enter the scene and E.U. shall have to face them militarily. It shall be a war to end all wars according to both sides. But before the war with the East, once Islam is out of the picture king of the North shall declare himself God.

All this squabbling between Israel and Iran is nothing compared to what the future shall bring. We haven't seen anything yet until the E.U. becomes a formidable military force.

There is a great book by Malachi Martin, a former Jesuit called the Keys of this Blood. There, it talks about a future conflict between three powers:

1. Capitalistic West
2. Socialist East
3. Roman Catholic Church

Once US (Ephraim) falls, it shall be a clash between 2 and 3. Anyway, I think I wrote too much for this post.

From 2 Thess. 5:1-3 "Now concerning the times and the seasons brothers you have no need to have anything written to you. For you yourselves are fully aware that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. While people are saying there is peace and security, then suddenly destruction will come upon them as labor pains come upon a pregnant woman, and they will not escape."

From Rev. 12:1-2 "And a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun with the moon under her feet and on her head a crown of 12 stars. She was pregnant and was crying out in birth pains and the agony of giving birth."

From Matthew 24:8 "All these are the beginning of birth pains..."

Put the two together we have the following sequence of events:
1. People believe there is peace and security at least upon the world --> 2. Destruction in a scale not seen before comes upon them --> 3. Second coming of Christ.

Right, events on Matthew 24 are still ahead of us.

Long posts are like long sermons. Most people tune out after 20 minutes. If you want to continue long drawn out posts......please do so. It is that I will not read through them.
Well then don't reply, if I reply I read, if I do not want to read I do not reply, so that is on you.

The authors of the Apocrypha which the four books of Maccabess belong to acknowledge that they aren’t prophets and don’t speak with divine authority like the Old Testament authors. The author of 1 Maccabees writes:

So there was great distress in Israel, the worst since the time when prophets ceased to appear among them (1 Macc. 9:27).
And SOOOOOOOOOO? I was dealing with HISTORY. When I did my Exegesis on Dan. 11 where I name every king and every player and explain each verse, I used all kind of historic docs I found online, as I was reading about Jason and Onias III on Wiki and other places, they all linked to 2 Maccabeans and he was in 7 chapters. So, my whole point is Jason was a REAL PERSON, who betrayed his fellow Jews, as I was doing my exegesis guess what hit me? WOW, this man was the Archetype False Prophet, and OF COURSE God would not only give us the Archetype Anti-Christ in Antiochus but he would have to have a False Prophet Archetype at his side at the exact same tine he ruled or the shadow would not have been full.

Mark, Matthew and Luke were not Prophets, you do understand they were Testament guys, writing the HISTORIC testament of Jesus and the early church. I baffles me when I see people change the subject because someone has overcome an argument they made, just stick to the points being made. If an inscription is found in Jordan or Egypt proving an Israel king lived, its all good, maters not where it came from.

By the way, do you get the importance of knowing the False Prophet in s SHAD0W was a Jewish High Priest instep with a Gentile King? It means we know the End Time F.P. will also be a Jewish High Priest. "THAT IS HUGE INFORMATION"

I certainly agree that the Maccabees give us some useful history and tell us why Jews celebrate Hanukkah.
However there is nothing in them to base an theology on or in.
Of course there is, history is important, the battles are important, God talks about the Maccabees via Daniel in Daniel 11. The Maccabees saved the Israeli civilization, else the Greek Culture would have taken over, so they were men on a mission, of God. With no Israel in place how could the Messiah be born in Bethlehem? Have an audience? They were very, important.

Blessings!
Follower of Christ
Thanks for responding. What if Dan9:24-27...is speaking of what Jesus did 3.5 yrs into His earthly ministry.
It is not speaking of the antichrist.The abomination that makes desolate took place when the temple was destroyed,ie, made desolate.

Last edited:
Thanks for responding. What if Dan9:24-27...is speaking of what Jesus did 3.5 yrs into His earthly ministry.
It is not speaking of the antichrist.The abomination that makes desolate took place when the temple was destroyed,ie, made desolate.
Dear Iconoclast, I thought your way for quite a while but then it dawned on me what essentially is the response I provided to you.

I do not wish to dispute further though. I know that while Christ shall return for a second time, that day can be delayed as long as true love and understanding resides between true Christians on earth. Personally, I am not ashamed to be proven wrong for the sake of advancing the gospel and understanding of others. At the end our works shall be tested by fire as Paul says and if we were correct, we shall receive a reward but if we are wrong then we shall be like brands plucked out of fire. I try not to speak idly as a result.

Blessings!
Follower Of Christ

Dear Iconoclast, I thought your way for quite a while but then it dawned on me what essentially is the response I provided to you.

I do not wish to dispute further though. I know that while Christ shall return for a second time, that day can be delayed as long as true love and understanding resides between true Christians on earth. Personally, I am not ashamed to be proven wrong for the sake of advancing the gospel and understanding of others. At the end our works shall be tested by fire as Paul says and if we were correct, we shall receive a reward but if we are wrong then we shall be like brands plucked out of fire. I try not to speak idly as a result.

Blessings!
Follower Of Christ
That is fine. We each gave our understanding, we each know we will see Him face to face.

From 2 Thess. 5:1-3 "Now concerning the times and the seasons brothers you have no need to have anything written to you. For you yourselves are fully aware that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. While people are saying there is peace and security, then suddenly destruction will come upon them as labor pains come upon a pregnant woman, and they will not escape."

From Rev. 12:1-2 "And a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun with the moon under her feet and on her head a crown of 12 stars. She was pregnant and was crying out in birth pains and the agony of giving birth."

From Matthew 24:8 "All these are the beginning of birth pains..."

Put the two together we have the following sequence of events:
1. People believe there is peace and security at least upon the world --> 2. Destruction in a scale not seen before comes upon them --> 3. Second coming of Christ.

Right, events on Matthew 24 are still ahead of us.
You are correct.

Our Lord ends his section on the 10 virgins with...
Matthew 25:13 KJV
"Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh."

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe you mentioned the signing of a 7-year peace treaty between Israel and E.U. that shall incur God's wrath. It does remind me of the following verses:

Hosea 5:13-15 "When Ephraim (USA) saw his sickness and Judah (Israel) his wound then Ephraim went to Assyria and sent to the great king. But he is not able to cure you or heal your wound. For I will be like a lion to Ephraim, and like a young lion to the house of Judah. I, even I, will tear and go away; I will carry off and no one shall rescue. I will return again to my place, until they acknowledge their guilt and seek my face, and in their distress earnestly seek me."

My understanding is that the two-state solution offered by many countries between Palestine and Israel, is Judah's wound (current Israel). Eventually, US shall become too weak to guarantee the independence of Israel and EU shall mediate for the independence of Israel.

I link the above with Daniel 11:40 "At the time of the end, the king of the South shall attack him, but the king of the North shall rush upon him like a whirlwind, with chariots and horsemen and with many ships. And he shall come into countries and shall overflow and pass through."

Basically, in my understanding the agreement between EU and Israel shall serve as a future casus belli for the king of the South (Radical Islam in my opinion). EU king/chancellor knows this treaty shall bring a domino effect and hence shall sign the treaty in the first place. However, once king of the South is defeated, then Russia and China enter the scene and E.U. shall have to face them militarily. It shall be a war to end all wars according to both sides. But before the war with the East, once Islam is out of the picture king of the North shall declare himself God.

All this squabbling between Israel and Iran is nothing compared to what the future shall bring. We haven't seen anything yet until the E.U. becomes a formidable military force.

There is a great book by Malachi Martin, a former Jesuit called the Keys of this Blood. There, it talks about a future conflict between three powers:

1. Capitalistic West
2. Socialist East
3. Roman Catholic Church

Once US (Ephraim) falls, it shall be a clash between 2 and 3. Anyway, I think I wrote too much for this post.
All of that sounds correct.

I do not however think the USA will fall but I do believe that the Rapture will render the USA as a 3rd world country. The USA will be so involved in the clean up of the mess left after the Rapture it will have no stomach to be involved in international problems.

IMHO the conflit today between Israel and Iran is just a picture of what is coming.

That is fine. We each gave our understanding, we each know we will see Him face to face.
My blog on this from 2019 shows why the position you hold is something that can not happen according unto the very prophecy you cite my friend.

Daniel's 70 Weeks Decree against Israel

In Daniel 9:24, Daniel prophesied that these six things must come to pass before this judgment against Israel would be fulfilled. Some think Jesus fulfilled all of these, most seem to think, as I do, that these things have not come to pass, and when they do that will be the end of the age.

1. Finish the transgression (Israel must repent as a Nation before the 70th week can end)
2. Make and end of sins (Israel must turn from their rejection of God and willful sins)
3. To make reconciliation for iniquity (We see Israel atones in Zech. 13:8-9 at the 1335)
4. Bring in everlasting righteousness (Jesus must be ruling before this can happen)
5. To seal up vision and prophecy (All Prophecy must be fulfilled before this can happen)
6. Anoint the most Holy (Jesus must be anointed Lord of lords & King of kings)

1. The Hebrew word used for transgression denotes revolt or rebellion. The Jewish people chose to reject God, many chose to stay in Babylon once they were freed. It also denotes their rejection of Jesus Christ. Jesus prophesied in Matthew 23:39 that the Jewish people would not see him again until they accept him. 39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord. So in order for Jesus to return, Israel has to repent of their rejection of God and Jesus, and Israel will open their hearts to the Messiah, as Paul, Isaiah and Zechariah (Zechariah 12:10, 13:8) prophesied, among others.

2. This is fairly straightforward, willful sins can only end when the millennial reign starts, so by the time this 70 week decree is over, Jesus will have returned to set up his kingdom, ushering in the millennial kingdom where there will be no more willful sins. Since the tribulation or 70th week is the last week of the 70 weeks decree, that makes perfect sense, as soon as the tribulation period ends, or the “time of Jacob’s trouble”, then “willful sins will end”.

3. Israel has to be reconciled unto God before the 70 weeks have been fulfilled. There is no doubt that Jesus died for all of our sins, thus the atonement for sins has been made, but there is a conditional requirement for all of us to receive that atonement, we must accept Jesus as our Savior. When Israel accepts the Messiah Jesus, as their Messiah, then the atonement for sins will have been completed, and Israel will have been reconciled unto God, thereby ushering in the millennial kingdom.

4. This 70 week decree has to bring in everlasting righteousness, and we know this can not happen until Jesus sets up his Kingdom. This world has always had sin nature, and always will until Jesus is Lord of Lords and King of Kings. By the time Daniels prophecy ends, it must usher in everlasting righteousness. With the tempter Satan locked up men will not desire sin.

5. Seal up vision and prophecy, the word used here denotes to close up, meaning that before this 70th week can come to an end, all prophecy must be fulfilled or closed up. This will only happen when Israel accepts Jesus as their Messiah and he lands on Mt. Zion to rule over this wicked world with a rod of iron.

6. The very last goal that this 70 week prophecy has to usher in is the anointing of the most holy. The bible says most holy, many try to add holy place, but whether it is the temple being anointed, or Jesus Christ as Lord of lords and Kings of kings as I suspect, we know this must happen before the 70 weeks decree is fulfilled. And Jesus must return and rule on earth.

All six of these things have to happen before this prophecy can be fulfilled. These are six spiritual goals that have to come to pass or this prophecy will not be finished or sealed up. We know these things have not come to pass yet, but we also know they are very near to happening, therefore watch, for Israel is now a nation again, and the world is against her, soon she will need her Messiah s help, then she will call upon him, and he will save her from this wicked world.
--------------------------------

My above blog proves 100 percent this is not a fulfilled prophecy.

My blog on this from 2019 shows why the position you hold is something that can not happen according unto the very prophecy you cite my friend.

In Daniel 9:24, Daniel prophesied that these six things must come to pass before this judgment against Israel would be fulfilled. Some think Jesus fulfilled all of these, most seem to think, as I do, that these things have not come to pass, and when they do that will be the end of the age.

1. Finish the transgression (Israel must repent as a Nation before the 70th week can end)
2. Make and end of sins (Israel must turn from their rejection of God and willful sins)
3. To make reconciliation for iniquity (We see Israel atones in Zech. 13:8-9 at the 1335)
4. Bring in everlasting righteousness (Jesus must be ruling before this can happen)
5. To seal up vision and prophecy (All Prophecy must be fulfilled before this can happen)

1. The Hebrew word used for transgression denotes revolt or rebellion. The Jewish people chose to reject God, many chose to stay in Babylon once they were freed. It also denotes their rejection of Jesus Christ. Jesus prophesied in Matthew 23:39 that the Jewish people would not see him again until they accept him. 39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord. So in order for Jesus to return, Israel has to repent of their rejection of God and Jesus, and Israel will open their hearts to the Messiah, as Paul, Isaiah and Zechariah (Zechariah 12:10, 13:8) prophesied, among others.

2. This is fairly straightforward, willful sins can only end when the millennial reign starts, so by the time this 70 week decree is over, Jesus will have returned to set up his kingdom, ushering in the millennial kingdom where there will be no more willful sins. Since the tribulation or 70th week is the last week of the 70 weeks decree, that makes perfect sense, as soon as the tribulation period ends, or the “time of Jacob’s trouble”, then “willful sins will end”.

3. Israel has to be reconciled unto God before the 70 weeks have been fulfilled. There is no doubt that Jesus died for all of our sins, thus the atonement for sins has been made, but there is a conditional requirement for all of us to receive that atonement, we must accept Jesus as our Savior. When Israel accepts the Messiah Jesus, as their Messiah, then the atonement for sins will have been completed, and Israel will have been reconciled unto God, thereby ushering in the millennial kingdom.

4. This 70 week decree has to bring in everlasting righteousness, and we know this can not happen until Jesus sets up his Kingdom. This world has always had sin nature, and always will until Jesus is Lord of Lords and King of Kings. By the time Daniels prophecy ends, it must usher in everlasting righteousness. With the tempter Satan locked up men will not desire sin.

5. Seal up vision and prophecy, the word used here denotes to close up, meaning that before this 70th week can come to an end, all prophecy must be fulfilled or closed up. This will only happen when Israel accepts Jesus as their Messiah and he lands on Mt. Zion to rule over this wicked world with a rod of iron.

6. The very last goal that this 70 week prophecy has to usher in is the anointing of the most holy. The bible says most holy, many try to add holy place, but whether it is the temple being anointed, or Jesus Christ as Lord of lords and Kings of kings as I suspect, we know this must happen before the 70 weeks decree is fulfilled. And Jesus must return and rule on earth.

All six of these things have to happen before this prophecy can be fulfilled. These are six spiritual goals that have to come to pass or this prophecy will not be finished or sealed up. We know these things have not come to pass yet, but we also know they are very near to happening, therefore watch, for Israel is now a nation again, and the world is against her, soon she will need her Messiah s help, then she will call upon him, and he will save her from this wicked world.

There is an interesting observation to be made when one reads the book of Revelation.

In Revelation 1:13-14 we have "and in the midst of the lampstands one like a son of man, clothed with a long robe and with a golden sash around his chest. The hairs on his head were white, like white wool, like snow. His eyes were like a flame of fire." This is Christ appearing to John during the Age of the Seven Churches. I do not see a crown yet on him, but he is wearing priestly robes, which shows he has all authority to intercede for us in the holy of holies before the Father.

In Revelation 4:1 "After this I looked and behold..."

In Revelation 19:9,11-13 "And the angel said to me "Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb." And he said to me, "These are the true words of God." ... Then I saw heaven opened and behold a white horse! The one sitting on it is called Faithful and True and in righteousness he judges and makes war. His eyes are like a flame of fire, and on his head are many diadems, and he has a name written that no one knows but himself. He is clothed in a robe dipped in blood, and the name by which he is called is the Word of God." Now, in his second coming we see Christ crowned as King of Kings, and Lord of Lords. That is Christ is anointed King of Kings and Lord of Lord prior to his second coming to establish his millennial rule on Earth.

Thanks for offering your ideas on the passage. Your dispensational ideas are hindering you from seeing what the passage is speaking of. The six things listed have been finished by Jesus for all of His people, not for Israel only.
It comes to us by way of Daniel, but it speaks of Jesus work on behalf of all His elect People, who are part of the true Israel of God.

Back