Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

A Reprobate Mind

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
No, it's not condemning him. If we added on to that scenario,"well he's not even saved anyway, since he's a child molester", then, yes, we would be condemning him. But as it is, not letting him near the kids is simply making a right judgment about a situation.

But you're still making that judgment based on his/her past behavior.

Do you see it?

You sound a lot like me, lol. (I find it interesting when I read a post and it feels like I'm reading one of my own posts).

The only thing I would not say is that them being saved or not has any bearing on whether I leave my grand kids with a convicted child molester. I wish being saved was a guarantee that us Christians could in no way walk in our old ways. I wish it were so.

Well that was one issue - how to know if someone IS saved. My feeling for myself is that I don't know and being a finite mortal, must leave that to the Lord. I can still do my best, which may lead to an error in that I trust or do not trust the grandchild with a person and I made a mistake either way. And just because something is an error does not make it a sin.

I tend to be a bit direct and I see that you are too, plus we are Christians. So, I 'spose that means that sometimes we see eye-to-eye. :)

But you're still making that judgment based on his/her past behavior.

Do you see it?
You're not understanding the difference between judging someone and condemning them.

I'm not going to pretend you didn't crash my car because you're a lousy, careless driver, if you did that, and wouldn't let you do it again for fear I'd be 'judging' you. That's ridiculous. But I would be out of line to pass some kind of judicial sentence on you as if I had the power to do that.

Well that was one issue - how to know if someone IS saved. My feeling for myself is that I don't know and being a finite mortal, must leave that to the Lord. I can still do my best, which may lead to an error in that I trust or do not trust the grandchild with a person and I made a mistake either way. And just because something is an error does not make it a sin.

I tend to be a bit direct and I see that you are too, plus we are Christians. So, I 'spose that means that sometimes we see eye-to-eye. :)
:wink

Sounds like you're doing what I was talking about. Opinion by definition does not mean 'unscriptural'. An opinion can in fact be very scripturally based. We see an example of that in Paul's counsel to the Corinthians about marriage.

So you just accept everyone's word as fact. Even if you're not familiar with the issue you just accept their word as the God's honest truth and make your judgment's according to what you heard and not what you personally researched.

So you just accept everyone's word as fact. Even if you're not familiar with the issue you just accept their word as the God's honest truth and make your judgment's according to what you heard and not what you personally researched.
You must have me confused with someone else in this thread. :lol

You're not understanding the difference between judging someone and condemning them.

I'm not going to pretend you didn't crash my car because you're a lousy, careless driver, if you did that, and wouldn't let you do it again for fear I'd be 'judging' you. That's ridiculous. But I would be out of line to pass some kind of judicial sentence on you as if I had the power to do that.

Okay.

"...when what they say lines up with the warnings of scripture."

I wonder how that gets mistaken to mean blindly accepting everyone's words as fact without doing research?
:confused

a reprobate mind. is a mind void of any judgment study romans 1 out this is dealing with the guilt of mankind. if a person keeps refusing the call of God. he will eventually harden his heart to a point he will never here from God.
Jude 1:24
Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, why do folks want to sell GOD short ? do they focus on the loss of salvation? the sin they might commit ? even Jesus said no man can pluck us out of the fathers hand. my self i have a know so salvation ..i go to bed saved and wake up saved ... and yes i do believe in a type security of our salvation. Grace is never meant to be a reason or excuse to live a sinful life style. living how we want and saying we are saved is not Bible. the Bible says 1 John 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

yes God will turn folks overs to a reprobate mind. but Christians NO. can we turn from GOD ? possible but why would one want to? :nono

"...when what they say lines up with the warnings of scripture."

I wonder how that gets mistaken to mean blindly accepting everyone's words as fact without doing research?
:confused

You added a value to the question that wasn't there. I deducted points for that.

Kick_Can_emoticon.gif

Last edited:
http://www.learnthebible.org/a-reprobate-mind.html
A Reprobate Mind Romans 1:28

Does God really turn people over to a Reprobate Mind ? Which means to be (Rejected) Will God's grace give you another chance ? Will God give the saved person who falls and has a hard time returning to the faith another chance even if they have slipped into all depravity ? Does a reprobate mind sound like Hebrews 6:4

Hebrews 6:4-6King (KJV)
4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

http://www.learnthebible.org/a-reprobate-mind.html
Let’s look at the word reprobate for just a moment. A primary meaning of reprobate is “rejected.” Webster’s 1828 dictionary defines it as “not enduring proof or trial; not of standard purity or fineness; disallowed; rejected.” This is also a Bible definition found in the verse you quoted:

Reprobate silver shall men call them, because the LORD hath rejected them. Jeremiah 6:30
Does God really turn people over to a Reprobate Mind ? Yes! God really turn people over to a Reprobate Mind, When you can see people doing such things as:to do those things which are not convenient, For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them, For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Last edited:
My feeling is that we cannot make decisions about others period. Yes, we can decide we are not comfortable and that we don't want to be closer to someone. That said, we are not to judge. Or to participate in gossip, which opens the door to blasphemy.
1 Corinthians 5:9-13 NLT - When I wrote to you before, I told you not to associate with people who indulge in sexual sin. 10 But I wasn’t talking about unbelievers who indulge in sexual sin, or are greedy, or cheat people, or worship idols. You would have to leave this world to avoid people like that. 11 I meant that you are not to associate with anyone who claims to be a believer[j] yet indulges in sexual sin, or is greedy, or worships idols, or is abusive, or is a drunkard, or cheats people. Don’t even eat with such people.

12 It isn’t my responsibility to judge outsiders, but it certainly is your responsibility to judge those inside the church who are sinning. 13 God will judge those on the outside; but as the Scriptures say, “You must remove the evil person from among you.”[

In response to ILOVE, Is all of that a quote? If so, thank you for that. I won't join that church.I think you are twisting it and taking it out of context. It's why I left the catholics.

Last edited:
To expand, I am 100% there on submission to the Lord/husband. But I had 3 decades of Catholic judgment based on works. The catholics were very good at the inquisition and they continue to carry it out in various ways. I can't participate in any judgmental group and their opinions.

LOVE is one way to know those who have found the Lord. For the Love of the Lord is real, can be felt, and is the most wonderful gift. Love is kind, love is merciful.

Last edited:
Matt. 7

I love this passage:

“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?

In response to ILOVE, Is all of that a quote? If so, thank you for that. I won't join that church.I think you are twisting it and taking it out of context. It's why I left the catholics.
There are things in this world that are not good for our eyes and ears. That includes things that are sin that may bring temporary benefits. Catholics or Christians do not co-sign on bad behavior. I am not trying to preach at you but just trying to help.

There are things in this world that are not good for our eyes and ears. That includes things that are sin that may bring temporary benefits. Catholics or Christians do not co-sign on bad behavior. I am not trying to preach at you but just trying to help.

First, thank you for your thoughts. I assume you are not Catholic. For me Catholic means something abusive, devoid of love, and having nothing to do with what it means to be a Christian. This was my experience - you may know some who don't fit that and therefore feel differently. It is a form of idolatry in my experience. Due to a Catholic education k-12 I run when I get a sense that humans judge others. It revolts me, I feel ill and can't be part of it. I guess you can say I have had severely bad reactions to that form of 'religion.' I suppose some will view it as a problem I have. So I guess if it involves humans judging me I don't want help. I don't feel that form of help as being of Jesus. If you want to help former Catholics you may want to keep this in mind. They may interpret the help as the opposite of what you intended. There is trauma, real trauma, to that theology. Good to know when around recovering Catholics. They have been over-judged. I gave the quote from Matthew 7; it says it all.

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back