Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is our answer in times of need.

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

Advice in "The Search"

The OP was NOT asking for marriage advice, marriage wasn't even mentioned, all this "husband and wife keep Christ in the center" is nothing but your wishful thinking. You should ask yourself why you're in this thread. The OP asked about the "search" for a potential mate by "making yourself available", and all I'm saying is that that's foolish and futile,have you put Christ in the center of your life? Are you yoked to Christ before you ask about being "unequally yoked"? You can't be "unequally yoked" with anybody when you're not yoked in the first place, that's simple logic, right? My advice is that search for the meaning of your life in Christ, make yourself available to Christ first when he knocks at your door.

Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. (Rev. 3:20)
I'm in this thread as this is a young man heading to college and asking advice about finding Godly friends and possibly down the road a Godly wife. My life in Christ is just fine as I put Him above everything, even my husband. Christ is the center of our marriage as we are evenly yoked as it was God that brought the two of us together. Been happily married for 26 years. Are there bumps in the road, yes, but we work everything out through Christ Jesus. It's not wishful thinking, but an act of love to keep Christ alive in our marriage. But you would know nothing about that.

You’ve got nothing else to say, do you. Peace be with you and God bless.
I have plenty to say, but when others sit upon their high horse thinking they know it all then what is left to say to them as they become closed minded. We are done in here as I'm not going to waste anymore time with you.

God bless and you have a great day.

I'm in this thread as this is a young man heading to college and asking advice about finding Godly friends and possibly down the road a Godly wife. My life in Christ is just fine as I put Him above everything, even my husband. Christ is the center of our marriage as we are evenly yoked as it was God that brought the two of us together. Been happily married for 26 years. Are there bumps in the road, yes, but we work everything out through Christ Jesus. It's not wishful thinking, but an act of love to keep Christ alive in our marriage. But you would know nothing about that.
I have plenty to say, but when others sit upon their high horse thinking they know it all then what is left to say to them as they become closed minded. We are done in here as I'm not going to waste anymore time with you.

God bless and you have a great day.
I was giving my advice to him, not to you, and I was absolutely in agreement with you that Christ must be put in the center before anything or anybody else, including a potential mate, but you know nothing about how the post-#MeToo landscape of dating, how much has changed for the worse. I won't waste any time with you either who's still dwelling in the past.

Back