Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Bible Study All Israel Will Be Saved.

How does this fit in:

"Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ." (Galatians 3:16)

Thanks,
Dan
I'm not sure what you're wanting to know concerning Christ, the law, and receiving the spiritual promises by faith; the context of the verses there in Galatians Chapter Three. Are you attempting to say there is only one promise made to one people? :shrug

I'm not sure what you're wanting to know concerning Christ, the law, and receiving the spiritual promises by faith; the context of the verses there in Galatians Chapter Three. Are you attempting to say there is only one promise made to one people? :shrug

Eugene,

I try not to read anything into the scripture, and I also try to pay attention to detail. So when Paul distinguished between "seed" and "seeds", I paid attention.

It is crystal clear to me: Christ, Abraham's "seed," received the promise. Those who believe in Christ also receive the promise as His children. None receive the promise, except through Christ.

"And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise." (Galatians 3:29)

"For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus." (Galatians 3:26)

Christ is like the new Jacob. Or, better, he is like Moses when God threatened to destroy all of Israel and give the Promise to Moses and his seed. Recall the time when Israel broke God's first covenant before the "ink was dry:"

"Now therefore [, Moses,] let me alone, that my wrath may wax hot against them, and that I may consume them: and I will make of thee [Moses] a great nation.: (Exodus 32:10)

Well, in the latter days Israel didn't simply break God's covenant, they crucified it, along with Christ and his disciples.

Thanks,
Dan

Eugene,

I try not to read anything into the scripture, and I also try to pay attention to detail. So when Paul distinguished between "seed" and "seeds", I paid attention.

It is crystal clear to me: Christ, Abraham's "seed," received the promise. Those who believe in Christ also receive the promise as His children. None receive the promise, except through Christ.

"And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise." (Galatians 3:29)
"For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus." (Galatians 3:26)

Christ is like the new Jacob. Or, better, he is like Moses when God threatened to destroy all of Israel and give the Promise to Moses and his seed. Recall the time when Israel broke God's first covenant before the "ink was dry:"

"Now therefore [, Moses,] let me alone, that my wrath may wax hot against them, and that I may consume them: and I will make of thee [Moses] a great nation.: (Exodus 32:10)

Well, in the latter days Israel didn't simply break God's covenant, they crucified it, along with Christ and his disciples.

Thanks,
Dan

Dan, what did you mean when you said in the last paragraph, "along with Christ and His desciples." They crucified God's covenant?

Dan, what did you mean when you said in the last paragraph, "along with Christ and His desciples." They crucified God's covenant?

Hi, Chopper,

It was just a figure of speech, but not without scriptural support. Recall that Israel had multiplied its numbers to be "as the sand of the sea:"

"For though thy people Israel be as the sand of the sea, yet a remnant of them shall return:. . ." (Isa 10:22)

But the promise had not been fulfilled. The nations outside Israel were not blessed. Nor was Israel after they broke the covenant time after time.

Then Jesus received the promise of the Covenant:

"Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ." (Galatians 3:16)

"Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:" (Acts 13:23)

"Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear." (Acts 2:33)

And through Him are all nations blessed, beginning with Israel:

"Unto you first [, Israel,] God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities." (Acts 3:26)

"That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith" (Gal 3:14)

Christ was also the author of the Covenant:

"All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made." (John 1:3)

It was just a figure of speech--a metaphor. I was implying Israel finally "crucified" the covenant, as they "tried to do" from almost the beginning (i.e., my reference to Moses;) but they did not "kill" it.

Dan

Last edited:
Hi, Chopper,

It was just a figure of speech, but not without scriptural support. Recall that Israel had multiplied its numbers to be "as the sand of the sea:"

"For though thy people Israel be as the sand of the sea, yet a remnant of them shall return:. . ." (Isa 10:22)

But the promise had not been fulfilled. The nations outside Israel were not blessed. Nor was Israel after they broke the covenant time after time.

Then Jesus received the promise of the Covenant:

"Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:" (Acts 13:23)

"Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear." (Acts 2:33)

And through Him are all nations blessed, beginning with Israel:

"Unto you first [, Israel,] God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities." (Acts 3:26)

"That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith" (Gal 3:14)

Christ was also the author of the Covenant:

"All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made." (John 1:3)

It was just a figure of speech--a metaphor. I was implying Israel finally "crucified" the covenant, as they "tried to do" from almost the beginning (i.e., my reference to Moses;) but they did not "kill" it.

Dan

I understand Dan, thank you for taking the time to explain. I want you to know that I enjoy your posts and pay close attention to them because they are instructive....good work!

Back