Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

All sins aren't equal.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Classik

It is indeed frustrating and agonising when People blindly argue that all sins are of the same intensity before God. I hear many people say and argue such things. Take for example: a suicide bomber presses a switch and detonates a bomb, killing twenty people. A little boy enters a supermarket and steals some candy, he is caught by the owner of the supermarket.

People boldly stand and tell me in my face that these two have sinned, and both sins are equal. They Simply misunderstand the truth of God that all sins, (no matter how small or big) deny someone heaven.
It can't be argued that before man all sins are not equal.

The first offender deserves life imprisonment or instant killing. The second offender could Simply be rebuked and it ends there. He is just a kid and could be forgiven by mere: 'I'll flog you when next you bring your large teeth here'.

But with God's judgement, these two People are not worthy of His throne!

Hab. 1:13 (NIV) ¨C Your eyes are too pure to look on evil; you cannot tolerate wrong.

He is a pure God and can't behold the smallest sin (no matter how small - be it of stealing a piece of meat from a million pieces).

All sins are not equal - yet they lead to the place of eternal condemnation.
Where a liar goes is exactly where a killer goes. Where a rapist goes is where a child who steals from the mother's bag goes.
All sins are not equal - all sins lead to hell.

It is indeed frustrating and agonising when People blindly argue that all sins are of the same intensity before God. I hear many people say and argue such things. Take for example: a suicide bomber presses a switch and detonates a bomb, killing twenty people. A little boy enters a supermarket and steals some candy, he is caught by the owner of the supermarket.

People boldly stand and tell me in my face that these two have sinned, and both sins are equal. They Simply misunderstand the truth of God that all sins, (no matter how small or big) deny someone heaven.
It can't be argued that before man all sins are not equal.

The first offender deserves life imprisonment or instant killing. The second offender could Simply be rebuked and it ends there. He is just a kid and could be forgiven by mere: 'I'll flog you when next you bring your large teeth here'.

But with God's judgement, these two People are not worthy of His throne!

Hab. 1:13 (NIV) ¨C Your eyes are too pure to look on evil; you cannot tolerate wrong.

He is a pure God and can't behold the smallest sin (no matter how small - be it of stealing a piece of meat from a million pieces).

All sins are not equal - yet they lead to the place of eternal condemnation.
Where a liar goes is exactly where a killer goes. Where a rapist goes is where a child who steals from the mother's bag goes.
All sins are not equal - all sins lead to hell.

How do you 'judge' (see) the verse of Christ's Words in Luke 12:47-48?

Surely you are not far off in 'just' judgement!

Eccl. 12:13-14 finds every work brought up in Judgement with the STANDARD seen there with the WHOLE CONCLUSION. Something about God's Commandments!;)

--Elijah

it comes from the same type of ideology that most other false doctrine comes from in that they read what one scripture says and they draw the line there no matter what the rest of the bible says about the matter.

In this case likely the penalty for sin is death and then they completly ignore everything the bible says while you pointed out that this is true we cannot assume that while we are here on earth that the rewards are the same for instance if we commit adultery in our heart or physically commit adultery the fruit for those two sins will be profoundly different.

some christians use this argument to push for the death penalty on homosexuals and fail to see that God judged sodom and gommorah for fornications as well.

sodomy is ok if its tween heteros but not tween homosexuals, funny God dont see it that way.

This is one reason why I like the Catholic approach, even though I'm not Catholic. They seem to recognize that some sins are relatively minor (I believe they're called "venial sins" or something like that) and some are terrible ("mortal sins"). Like I said, I'm not Catholic, so I don't think that committing a mortal sin, such as sodomy, would immediately break your connection with God or ruin your salvation, but I do think its a good guide for the rest of us to pay attention to our actions, so we can see that some sins are in fact more terrible than others. If I remember correctly, Catholics also have a list of sins that "cry out to Heaven for vengeance." I find that utterly terrifying, but I still keep that in mind as I go through each day--some sins are so terrible that God, being Holy and Just, must do something about them.

well, if you and i lived in the days of isreal we wouldnt be alive to have this conversation. How God decided to have isreal deal with the sins we have done doesnt bother me as i trust his judgments for the law is holy and good, its how man has applied that bothers me. the law condemns all men and justifies none. it must be equal so that no man can say i dont need God. if you dont use it that way then you are just as bad as the pharisees.

however , we need not preach the law but use it to show all have fallen short and preach the need of the blood.

Yep - so far!
And we do not intend that People could commit little sins. Both giant sins and small sins are sins before God. :readbible They separate us from Him. The whole thing is settled in the kingdom of the Devil!

"All sins aren't equal."

According to man's law that's true and the punishment is judged to fit the crime.

However, we've all been separated from God since the Eden. A little sin isn't going to make reconciliation easier for one any more than a lot of sin is going to make it harder. God's law does not follow the reasoning of man's law. God's law does not follow degrees of transgression, degrees of punishment or degrees of eternal heavenly existence.

We already have a sinful nature that separates us from God. If we rely on degrees of sin as a yardstick to measure our chances of salvation then we view God's law through the prism of man's law. That's like using binoculars backwards. It doesn't work.

I need Jesus Christ just as much as the fellow whose sin is gauged greater by man's law. There are no degrees of need for His mercy. We are all in need. If I gauge my sin less than another then it's my pride that attempts to fashion God's law to man's.

"All sins aren't equal."

According to man's law that's true and the punishment is judged to fit the crime.

However, we've all been separated from God since the Eden. A little sin isn't going to make reconciliation easier for one any more than a lot of sin is going to make it harder. God's law does not follow the reasoning of man's law. God's law does not follow degrees of transgression, degrees of punishment or degrees of eternal heavenly existence.

We already have a sinful nature that separates us from God. If we rely on degrees of sin as a yardstick to measure our chances of salvation then we view God's law through the prism of man's law. That's like using binoculars backwards. It doesn't work.

I need Jesus Christ just as much as the fellow whose sin is gauged greater by man's law. There are no degrees of need for His mercy. We are all in need. If I gauge my sin less than another then it's my pride that attempts to fashion God's law to man's.

Well said..

How do you 'judge' (see) the verse of Christ's Words in Luke 12:47-48?

Surely you are not far off in 'just' judgement!

Eccl. 12:13-14 finds every work brought up in Judgement with the STANDARD seen there with the WHOLE CONCLUSION. Something about God's Commandments!;)

--Elijah

Just curious about your use of font hard to understand what your saying when it looks like your
screaming bloody murder..

turnorburn

"All sins aren't equal."

Exactly.
:thumbsup

(1John 5:17) All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to death.

All sins aren't equal is a Biblically correct statement.

However, we've all been separated from God since the Eden. A little sin isn't going to make reconciliation easier for one any more than a lot of sin is going to make it harder.

Gold Medal :thumbsup

God's law does not follow the reasoning of man's law. God's law does not follow degrees of transgression, degrees of punishment or degrees of eternal heavenly existence.
Simply Superb!
Right smack on the head of the nail!
:thumbsup

The summary is: sin, no matter how small or great, separates us From God, leading the soul to a place of everlastig punishment!

Man's law is quite interesting in the sense that he attaches degrees of punishments to offences.

Take a look at the book of Ezekiel8:

5 Then He said to me, Son of man, lift your eyes now toward the north. So I lifted my eyes toward the north, and there, north of the altar gate, was this image of jealousy in the entrance.

6 Furthermore He said to me, Son of man, do you see what they are doing, the great abominations that the house of Israel commits here, to make Me go far away from My sanctuary? Now turn again, you will see greater abominations.

From the above verses, emphasis is clearly shown: 'great abominations'. It does not only say abominations, but great abominations.

The last sentence in verse 6 says
...Now turn again, you will see greater abominations.

The rest of the verses emphasize degree of abominations and wickedness:

9 And He said to me, Go in, and see the wicked abominations which they are doing there.
10 So I went in and saw, and there every sort of creeping thing, abominable beasts, and all the idols of the house of Israel, portrayed all around on the walls.
11 And there stood before them seventy men of the elders of the house of Israel, and in their midst stood Jaazaniah the son of Shaphan. Each man had a censer in his hand, and a thick cloud of incense went up.
12 Then He said to me, Son of man, have you seen what the elders of the house of Israel do in the dark, every man in the room of his idols? For they say, The LORD does not see us, the LORD has forsaken the land.

13 And He said to me, Turn again, and you will see greater abominations that they are doing.
14 So He brought me to the door of the north gate of the LORD's house; and to my dismay, women were sitting there weeping for Tammuz.

15 Then He said to me, Have you seen this, O son of man? Turn again, you will see greater abominations than these.
16 So He brought me into the inner court of the LORD house; and there, at the door of the temple of the LORD, between the porch and the altar, were about twenty-five men with their backs toward the temple of the LORD and their faces toward the east, and they were worshiping the sun toward the east.

17 And He said to me, Have you seen this, O son of man? Is it a trivial thing to the house of Judah to commit the abominations which they commit here? For they have filled the land with violence; then they have returned to provoke Me to anger. Indeed they put the branch to their nose.
18 Therefore I also will act in fury. My eye will not spare nor will I have pity; and though they cry in My ears with a loud voice, I will not hear them.

So, degrees of sins should not make one think the seemingly least sin is pardonable. 'Degree of sin' is nonsense before God.

I feel so sad whenever I remember the account of Moses, how a single disobedience denied him the Promised Land. People could say, it was mere disobedience! It is a sin afterall.

So 'Degree' is nonsense...yet all sins lead to hell fire!

Last edited by a moderator:
some christians use this argument to push for the death penalty on homosexuals and fail to see that God judged sodom and gommorah for fornications as well.

sodomy is ok if its tween heteros but not tween homosexuals, funny God dont see it that way.

Rom 1:18-32.

It is God who delivers someone into Homosexuality for their sinful acts and it is scripture that says they deserve death.

(1John 5:17) All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to death.

All sins aren't equal is a Biblically correct statement.
I agree. It seems rather obvious to me.

Jesus Himself warned of the consequence of "causing one of these little ones to stumble"... (for example).

Luke 17: <sup class="versenum" id="en-NIV-25653">
1</sup> Jesus said to his disciples: “Things that cause people to stumble are bound to come, but woe to anyone through whom they come. <sup class="versenum" id="en-NIV-25654">2</sup> It would be better for them to be thrown into the sea with a millstone tied around their neck than to cause one of these little ones to stumble."

example, Please!!!!!!!!!!

Grade 1: (forgivable)

Mt 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men:

Grade 2: (unforgivable)

but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

It is on the part b of the verse: '...and there is a sin not unto death'

In the law, there are certain sins deserving death as in Deut 21:22. If your read the law you will find not all sins are deserving death.

In NT times, if someone knew God and His righteous judgement, yet continue in their sins are deserving death as in Rom 1:32. In Jude 1:23, he writes about two group of people in which one group is being pulled from fire (sin that leads to death) and the other group even hate the garment being defiled by the flesh (sin not leading to death).

There are certain sins (that does not lead to death) God will question until third or fourth generation (Exo 34:7) and there are certain sins (that lead to death) God will not question his generations but punishes that sinner immediately (Deut 24:16).

There was a Pastor who takes church money for his personal needs and this went on for several years, and later the Pastor died. He had a daughter who in her youth became mentally ill, became pregnant by some unknown person on the street, even today, she is still begging and living on streets. Anyone who sees her immediately recognizes her as 'the daughter of the Pastor who took church money'. I just said this because, 'the sin that is not unto death' will not escape punishment from God, sometimes, it will be unbearable.

All sins aren't equal, but all sins don't escape punishment, unless we ask forgiveness from God and Christ had cleansed us from our sins and our forefather's sins.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back