Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Am I Really Saved?: The Witness of the Holy Spirit.

The Bible says otherwise:

Joh 3:36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.

Joh 5:24 Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.

Joh 6:47 Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes has eternal life.

Joh 10:9 I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture.

Act 2:21 And it shall come to pass that everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.’

Act 2:47 praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to their number day by day those who were being saved.

Act 16:30 Then he brought them out and said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”
Act 16:31 And they said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.”

Rom 8:24 For in this hope we were saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees?

Rom 10:9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.
Rom 10:11 For the Scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.”
Rom 10:12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him.
Rom 10:13 For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

1Co 1:18 For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Eph 2:5 even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved

Eph 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,

2Ti 1:9 who saved us and called us to a holy calling, not because of our works but because of his own purpose and grace, which he gave us in Christ Jesus before the ages began,

Tit 3:5 he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit,

1Jn 5:13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life.

(All ESV.)
Saved refers to the redemption accomplished by Christ apart from us and our work’s not salvation

Where does it say eternal life is salvation? Eternal life is the life of God in us called grace, but you can fall from grace by free will
Thanks

What makes you think Jesus gave you the authority to judge?

Jesus is the Lord, remember?

??? Jesus himself said, "Do not judge according to appearance, but judge righteous judgment." (John 7:24)

No thinking person can avoid making judgments, discerning between what is true and false, discarding some beliefs and taking up others, preferring one thing above another, and so on. In fact, your question here implies a judgment that you've made about my words. You've judged that I'm taking up "authority to judge" wrongly. Well, if you can make such a judgment, why can't I? And, of course, you're refuting your own criticism here, too. The moment a person says, "Stop judging!" they've reveal that they've made a judgment about the other person making judgments.

And, again, you've not dealt directly with the things I drew out of Scripture in the OP, except to make an unsupported assertion about it all by way of a blanket dismissal of my remarks. Romans 8 isn't the only place in Scripture where we are told that a born-again person is saved and can know it.

1 John 5:10-13
10 Whoever believes in the Son of God has the testimony in himself. Whoever does not believe God has made him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has borne concerning his Son.
11 And this is the testimony, that God gave us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
12 Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.
13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life
(Not guess, or hope, but know in the present moment that one has eternal life, that one is saved).

1 John 4:15-17
15 Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God.
16 So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.
17 By this is love perfected with us, so that we may have confidence for the day of judgment
(A born-again believer may have confidence in the day of Judgment because they know now that they are saved, that God abides in them and they in God), because as he is so also are we in this world.

John 5:24
24 Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed
(Not might possibly, down the road, pass from death to life, but HAS PASSED - an accomplished reality) from death to life.

1 John 3:14
14 We know
(John believed that a born-again person could know with settled certainty that they "had passed from death unto life," that is, that they were saved.) that we have passed out of death into life, because we love the brothers (Not WILL at some future time pass from death unto life, but HAVE passed - a past accomplished fact.) . Whoever does not love abides in death.

2 Corinthians 13:5-6
5 Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith
(we can test to see if we are in or out of the faith, not merely hope we are in it); examine yourselves! Or do you not recognize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you—unless indeed you fail the test?
6 But I trust that you will realize that we ourselves do not fail the test
(Paul here thought that the Corinthian Christians could tell that he passed the test of being in the faith).

Romans 8:16-17
16 The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are
(not will be, possibly) children of God,
17 and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with
Him.

And so on. Over and over again, the Bible indicates that a born-again person can know that they are saved, made a new creature in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17), in the present moment. They are, right now, saved from the penalty and power of sin (Romans 6:1-11; Romans 8:1) and will in the future be saved finally from the presence of sin (Revelation 21:22-27; Revelation 22; Romans 8:21), dwelling with God forever in the New Jerusalem, never to be touched by sin again. In this regard, the believer's salvation is not only a present reality but will be brought to full completion in eternity.

Last edited:
The Bible says otherwise:

Joh 3:36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.

Joh 5:24 Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.

Joh 6:47 Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes has eternal life.

Joh 10:9 I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture.

Act 2:21 And it shall come to pass that everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.’

Act 2:47 praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to their number day by day those who were being saved.

Act 16:30 Then he brought them out and said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”
Act 16:31 And they said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.”

Rom 8:24 For in this hope we were saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees?

Rom 10:9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.
Rom 10:11 For the Scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.”
Rom 10:12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him.
Rom 10:13 For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

1Co 1:18 For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Eph 2:5 even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved

Eph 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,

2Ti 1:9 who saved us and called us to a holy calling, not because of our works but because of his own purpose and grace, which he gave us in Christ Jesus before the ages began,

Tit 3:5 he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit,

1Jn 5:13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life.

(All ESV.)
Again, out of context reasoning.

By doing your best to be faithful to God and Jesus and change your mentality and lifestyle to God and Jesus' ways.
What about the “this promise” of God? Acts 2:39
New covenant on better “promises”?
Heb 8:6
Thanks

Btw does scripture provide a list of the “Ten Commandments”?

Show how, exactly, for each verse.
Are you kidding?

There is not going to be enough time to point out all of your perverted reading.

Since you claim to be Jesus' follower, you ought to know.

So far you still cannot debunk anything I pointed out to you, not even one.

Everything that Jesus says and commands in His gospel.
He commanded his apostles to teach us these commands

What are the mysteries Matt 13:11 or 1 cor 4:1

Does scripture have a list of the Ten Commandments?
Thanks

Back