Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Am I Really Saved?: The Witness of the Holy Spirit.

Whether you are born again or not, it is not your call to claim.
Post # 19 by Free pretty much disputes what you are saying by all the scriptures he has given you. I could give you plenty more, but I think 20 should suffice. OK, one more.

Col 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Col 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
Col 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
Col 3:4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Are you kidding?

There is not going to be enough time to point out all of your perverted reading.

Since you claim to be Jesus' follower, you ought to know.

So far you still cannot debunk anything I pointed out to you, not even one.
No, I am not kidding. So far, you have come to these forums and only caused disruption by disputing what many people say and disparage the Trinity, but refuse to support any of your assertions and to respond to rebuttals. It is rather quite dishonest.

So, again, show how, exactly, I have taken each verse out of context.

There are five requirements to Salvation

1. Confession - Acts2:21; Romans 10:9, 10

2. Repentance - Mark1:14, 15

3. Faith - John3:14-18

4. Regeneration -John 3:3-8

5. Holy Scripture -2 Timothy 3:15

Eph 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

grace2 do you also refute these scriptures.

You state you are a Christian, then in fact tell us how you came about being one.

grace2 We have showed you many many scriptures, but you refute each one as not having anything to do with knowing for a surety we are saved and we are taking all those scriptures out of context. You even refute the Trinity/Deity of Christ only because you have no understanding of the Trinity because others have told you it is a false doctrine.

I have yet to see you even answer the question of the OP, but would rather troll through this thread coming against everything anyone replies with. I have to ask what is your intent in this thread.

There are five requirements to Salvation

1. Confession - Acts2:21; Romans 10:9, 10

2. Repentance - Mark1:14, 15

3. Faith - John3:14-18

4. Regeneration -John 3:3-8

5. Holy Scripture -2 Timothy 3:15

Eph 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

grace2 do you also refute these scriptures.

You state you are a Christian, then in fact tell us how you came about being one.
I am only mainly talking about one most important one which Jesus commands.

And you guys even know which is the most important commandment.

Hint: what Jesus says about the most important commandment is.

I mentioned it over and over yet you don't even know.

That's how much you guys are confused about Jesus' simple gospel.

This post is for all of you whom I have been discoursing with.

I am only mainly talking about one most important one which Jesus commands.

And you guys even know which is the most important commandment.

Hint: what Jesus says about the most important commandment is.

I mentioned it over and over yet you don't even know.

That's how much you guys are confused about Jesus' simple gospel.

This post is for all of you whom I have been discoursing with.
Yes, Matthew 22:34-40 is the greatest commandment, but yet you just throw away the whole requirements. There are many that love everyone and even help those in need, but yet do not believe in Jesus. How does that work for them.

Sorry, but you do not discourse, but refute all the scriptures we have given you on how we know for a surety we are saved, but yet never once do you give any scripture that reassures anyone they are saved.

Ahem,asking oneself and examining our life to see if it lines up with the Word is a command and God speaks to us and we can judge our hearts as if we do sincerely seek God he will answer and we will know .

Being assured of our salvation and knowing that God can speak to us where we know it is biblical.often our flesh speaks what we lust after and we should be grounded enough to know that ,doesn't mean we can't be fooled only that we should seek God's will first and foremost

What about Jn 3:5 water and the spirit
What’s the water for?

The water is of "the flesh" as Jesus went on to explain:

John 3:3-6
3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God."
4 Nicodemus *said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born, can he?"
5 Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

"Born of water" in verse 5 corresponds to "born of the flesh" in verse 6, which birth-type is set in contrasting parallel (a common ancient Jewish literary and rhetorical device) to "born of the Spirit." What water, exactly? The water of birth that flows from a woman's womb as labor begins.

Post # 19 by Free pretty much disputes what you are saying by all the scriptures he has given you. I could give you plenty more, but I think 20 should suffice. OK, one more.

Col 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Col 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
Col 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
Col 3:4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
Does this mean we are saved?

The water is of "the flesh" as Jesus went on to explain:

John 3:3-6
3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God."
4 Nicodemus *said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born, can he?"
5 Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

"Born of water" in verse 5 corresponds to "born of the flesh" in verse 6, which birth-type is set in contrasting parallel (a common ancient Jewish literary and rhetorical device) to "born of the Spirit." What water, exactly? The water of birth that flows from a woman's womb as labor begins.
You now have authority to change scripture?
Jn 3:5 (your version) born of water born again of the spirit alone.

Jn 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

The new birth or born again is caused by WATER AND THE SPIRIT!

It refers to baptismal regeneration

Verse 22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized.

Really baptismal regeneration!

The context continues

Jn 4:1 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John,

Baptismal regeneration

Effects of faith & baptism!

Ez 36:25-27 washed in baptism, with a new heart and the Spirit
Matt 28:19 faith & baptism
Jn 3:5 born again in baptism
Mk 16:16 faith & baptist
Acts 2:38 repentance & baptism
Acts 8:36-38 faith & baptism
Acts 22:16 baptism washes away sin
Rom 6:3 died with Christ
Col 2:12 risen with Christ
1 cor 12:13 baptized into the church
Gal 3:27 by baptism put on Christ
2 Tim 1:10 eph 2:1 and 5 brought to life
2 cor 5:17 new creation
Eph 1:13 eph 4:30 sealed by the Holy Spirit
Eph 4:5 one faith, one baptism
Eph 5:26 faith and baptism
Titus 3:5 baptismal regeneration
1 pet 1:2 washed in Christ’s blood
1 pet 2:9 the kingdom of light
1 pet 3:20-21 baptism saves us!

Faith and baptism are required Mk 16:16 eph 4:5

Faith alone even all faith avails NOTHING! 1 cor 13:2

Baptismal regeneration prophecy and promise of God!

A sacred promise from God is an oath and and oath is a sacrament!

Zech 13:1 “In that day there shall be a fountain opened TO THE HOUSE OF DAVID, and to the INHABITANTS OF JERUSALEM, for sin and for uncleanness."

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Psalm 1:3
And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

Rev 22:3 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

3 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. (Cross)

Ez 47:9 And it shall come to pass, that every thing that liveth, which moveth, whithersoever the rivers shall come, shall live: and there shall be a very great multitude of fish, because these waters shall come thither: for they shall be healed; and every thing shall live whither the river cometh.

Does this mean we are saved?
Yes, as long as we endure unto the end whether it be our physical end or to the coming of Christ.

Gal 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
Gal 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

You now have authority to change scripture?
Jn 3:5 (your version) born of water born again of the spirit alone.

Jn 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

The new birth or born again is caused by WATER AND THE SPIRIT!

It refers to baptismal regeneration

Well, I think you're changing the plain statement of Scripture in this reading. Certainly, your raw assertions here don't constitute a rebuttal of what I wrote, nor do they secure your view. Show me why my reading isn't permitted by the passage. All you've done above is assert what you think rather than argue for it, or refute my view. If you'd just asserted, "The moon is made of green cheese!" would you have proven that it was? No. Making an assertion and proving it are two different things. So, then, you think verse 5 refers to baptismal regeneration. Okay. Why? What in the passage makes your view necessary? I've explained why the text of the passage supports my reading. You've offered an alternative view but in doing so you haven't refuted mine. Until you do, my view is just as legitimate as yours is (and more so, given what I pointed out about the common, contrasting parallelism Jesus is employing).

Verse 22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized.

Really baptismal regeneration!

For what purpose was Jesus baptizing people? If he could baptize people into a new, spiritual birth before he died on the cross of Calvary, why did he bother dying? And anyway, what Jesus did in baptizing people in no way connects directly to what he said to Nicodemus.

The context continues

Jn 4:1 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John,

Baptismal regeneration

Absolutely not. Jesus had not yet died. If people could be regenerated by baptism alone, without any Atonement, Jesus' death was unnecessary. Is this what you're suggesting? It certainly seems like it.

Ez 36:25-27 washed in baptism, with a new heart and the Spirit
Matt 28:19 faith & baptism
Jn 3:5 born again in baptism
Mk 16:16 faith & baptist
Acts 2:38 repentance & baptism
Acts 8:36-38 faith & baptism
Acts 22:16 baptism washes away sin
Rom 6:3 died with Christ
Col 2:12 risen with Christ
1 cor 12:13 baptized into the church
Gal 3:27 by baptism put on Christ
2 Tim 1:10 eph 2:1 and 5 brought to life
2 cor 5:17 new creation
Eph 1:13 eph 4:30 sealed by the Holy Spirit
Eph 4:5 one faith, one baptism
Eph 5:26 faith and baptism
Titus 3:5 baptismal regeneration
1 pet 1:2 washed in Christ’s blood
1 pet 2:9 the kingdom of light
1 pet 3:20-21 baptism saves us!

I'm not about to wade through all of this Scripture to show how mistaken you are. But this is exactly why folks on threads like to "throw the elephant," which is to say, inundate their opponents with info. . It makes responding difficult and time-consuming.

Yes, as long as we endure unto the end whether it be our physical end or to the coming of Christ.

Gal 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
Gal 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
The Practice of the virtues of Jesus Christ are required to endure to the end? Chastity or suffering?
Thanks

Well, I think you're changing the plain statement of Scripture in this reading. Certainly, your raw assertions here don't constitute a rebuttal of what I wrote, nor do they secure your view. Show me why my reading isn't permitted by the passage. All you've done above is assert what you think rather than argue for it, or refute my view. If you'd just asserted, "The moon is made of green cheese!" would you have proven that it was? No. Making an assertion and proving it are two different things. So, then, you think verse 5 refers to baptismal regeneration. Okay. Why? What in the passage makes your view necessary? I've explained why the text of the passage supports my reading. You've offered an alternative view but in doing so you haven't refuted mine. Until you do, my view is just as legitimate as yours is (and more so, given what I pointed out about the common, contrasting parallelism Jesus is employing).

For what purpose was Jesus baptizing people? If he could baptize people into a new, spiritual birth before he died on the cross of Calvary, why did he bother dying? And anyway, what Jesus did in baptizing people in no way connects directly to what he said to Nicodemus.

Absolutely not. Jesus had not yet died. If people could be regenerated by baptism alone, without any Atonement, Jesus' death was unnecessary. Is this what you're suggesting? It certainly seems like it.

I'm not about to wade through all of this Scripture to show how mistaken you are. But this is exactly why folks on threads like to "throw the elephant," which is to say, inundate their opponents with info. . It makes responding difficult and time-consuming.
The merit of the death of the savior are the graces of justification that must be applied to our souls in the sacraments or promises of God!
A sacred promise from God is an oath and an oath is a sacrament

“This promise” acts 2:39
Ez 36:25-27

25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
Thanks

The merit of the death of the savior are the graces of justification that must be applied to our souls in the sacraments or promises of God!
A sacred promise from God is an oath and an oath is a sacrament

“This promise” acts 2:39
Ez 36:25-27

25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

Just more unproven assertions; statements whose correctness you're presupposing rather than showing why they ought to be understood in the way you're understanding them. And, also, you've pretty much ignored everything I wrote to you in my last post. Why, then, should I write more to you? You don't discuss; you declare.

Chastity or suffering?
Both as we are to be pure and holy before the Lord and endure the sufferings we might go through for the sake of Christ.

We have no righteousness of ourself, nor can we save ourself, but are clothed in God's righteousness that makes us pure and holy before him. It's only within the Spirit that dwells in us that keeps us pure as the flesh will always war against the Spirit. We have not yet been changed to being incorruptible, 1Cor 15:50-58, but, if we willfully sin after knowing the truth then there is no more sacrifice for sin, but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries, Hebrews 10:26-27.

Isa 61:10 I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.

The Bible says otherwise:

Joh 3:36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.

Joh 5:24 Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.

Joh 6:47 Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes has eternal life.

Joh 10:9 I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture.

Act 2:21 And it shall come to pass that everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.’

Act 2:47 praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to their number day by day those who were being saved.

Act 16:30 Then he brought them out and said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”
Act 16:31 And they said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.”

Rom 8:24 For in this hope we were saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees?

Rom 10:9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.
Rom 10:11 For the Scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.”
Rom 10:12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him.
Rom 10:13 For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

1Co 1:18 For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Eph 2:5 even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved

Eph 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,

2Ti 1:9 who saved us and called us to a holy calling, not because of our works but because of his own purpose and grace, which he gave us in Christ Jesus before the ages began,

Tit 3:5 he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit,

1Jn 5:13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life.

(All ESV.)
Eternal life don’t equal salvation
But grace in union with Christ
Thanks

Back