Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Apostates: Men of the devil

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
destiny said:
Disciple88 ...I told you that I agree with you, and I also believe that those who try to rewrite or omitt certain parts of the bible are indeed apostates. We are told what to watch out for in the last days, and to get an up close and personal view of that all we have to do is take a look at christian forums.
It amazes me all the time!
I'm just leaving them alone and not trying to change their minds because i've finally realized that I can't, I don't have that ability apart from Gods spirit telling me to do it.
I try to reach those He puts in my path and to be close enough to him not to miss it when that happens.

Sorry, my mistake, I didn't read ALL. I'm just getting angry but at the same time down about what these people are saying.

That is awsome though, I hope that you keep on witnessing to others.

In Christ,
Andrew

The reason I didn't give a serious answer is;

I have been here for over three years and run across a whole bunch of people who claim to hold the truth. So, who is right. the RC and orthodox who claim to have an unterupted line to the early church fathers... the SDA aho claim to hold to "virgin" doctrines, the Baptists who claim their literal interpretation is correct, the Mainline deniminations who claim a loving God and ignors His justness... etc.

What happened to faith and obedience? Why does every Christian feel their "doctrine" MUST be correct?

Yeah but if there's no absolute truth then all are relative.
I believe there is an absolute truth that is comprehendable to man.
It's so simple until it's not enough for some people.
I'm not saying we have to agree down to evey crossed t or dotted i, but faith and obedience can be subjective and in accordance to which god or jesus you subscribe to, so knowing the right God and believing what He says is everything.

PS ..But I do believe that some issues aren't core issues and not worth debating over.

vic said:

I have been here for over three years and run across a whole bunch of people who claim to hold the truth. So, who is right. the RC and orthodox who claim to have an unterupted line to the early church fathers... the SDA aho claim to hold to "virgin" doctrines, the Baptists who claim their literal interpretation is correct, the Mainline deniminations who claim a loving God and ignors His justness... etc.

What happened to faith and obedience? Why does every Christian feel their "doctrine" MUST be correct?

Only the bible is correct. The words in the bible are outside of ourselves. They are not us. If more poeple believed the bible instead of interpreted it, then we would all be in unity. Paul is very clear on what causes division; following people instead of our one teacher who is the Christ. But unfortunately, many people add or subtract to scripture under the pretense of "interpretation." That's hogwash.

The NT says that Jesus is the sabbath rest, period. Jesus says not to call anyone on earth 'father', period. He didn't qualify it or give exceptions, but some people who read it do. The devil has a field day when people add or subtract to scripture. That's why Paul said anyone who makes up his own gospel will be eternally condemned.

But false teachers don't care what the bible says. They ignore it anyway. And that's the problem. :sad

The NT says that Jesus is the sabbath rest, period. Jesus says not to call anyone on earth 'father', period. He didn't qualify it or give exceptions, but some people who read it do.
To me, these aren't core salvation issues that lead to eternal damnation.
To me a wolf in sheeps clothing is someone who changes the character and nature of who God is and what he expects by maligning His word by omission...addition...or outright lies.
Some issues are only doctrinal misunderstandings that won't lead to death.

The body of Christ is straining at knats and swallowing camels.
It's absolutely crazy to me.

Heidi said:
vic said:

Only the bible is correct. The words in the bible are outside of ourselves. They are not us. If more poeple believed the bible instead of interpreted it, then we would all be in unity. Paul is very clear on what causes division; following people instead of our one teacher who is the Christ. But unfortunately, many people add or subtract to scripture under the pretense of "interpretation." That's hogwash.

The NT says that Jesus is the sabbath rest, period. Jesus says not to call anyone on earth 'father', period. He didn't qualify it or give exceptions, but some people who read it do. The devil has a field day when people add or subtract to scripture. That's why Paul said anyone who makes up his own gospel will be eternally condemned.

Rom 2:16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

Rom 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

2Ti 2:8 Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:

Since it appears that Paul made up "his gospel" he may be considered......a barbeque candidate.....according to Heidi, maybe he is. :-D

But false teachers don't care what the bible says. They ignore it anyway. And that's the problem. :sad

Sorry Heidi....couldn't resist....just a little humor.... :)

I would like to put my 2 cents woth;

It seems that many, many are studying their own theology instead of directly studying the Bible. That's why we have so many chaos.

You have many their own denominations' theologians even here, everyone. :roll: :roll: :roll:

destiny said:
Disciple88 ...I told you that I agree with you, and I also believe that those who try to rewrite or omitt certain parts of the bible are indeed apostates. We are told what to watch out for in the last days, and to get an up close and personal view of that all we have to do is take a look at christian forums.
It amazes me all the time!
I'm just leaving them alone and not trying to change their minds because i've finally realized that I can't, I don't have that ability apart from Gods spirit telling me to do it.
I try to reach those He puts in my path and to be close enough to him not to miss it when that happens.

I hear ya Destiny! But, there are some false prophets here who are being drawn by God which is why some of them keep coming back here. Granted, they are few. But I'm here in case there's even one. We true Christians need each other even more, especially with "The DaVinci Code" on the verge of being relased. So let's stick together! :)

Heide, do you have denomination? What kind of church do you attend?

I am house churched.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back