Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Are there two millenniums?

One millennial day, where we will all be taught of God. This is a literal 1,000 year period ending with the Great White Throne Judgement. By the way, this generation is exactly 6 days out from Adam and the final tribulations are almost here. DO NOT worship the beast!

Jesus tells us the resurrection is the last day.

Joh 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Joh 6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Jesus is not saying last days How can there be years after the last day?

I think that this "last day" means the final Judgment day of Rev.21;12. AT this time all people who were ever born will stand before God on his white throne. They will be judged from a book showing their deeds.

But there are "books" mentioned. Jesus will take his sheep through a fast lane entrance into eternal life.

tessieweb,

You asked are there 2 millenniums? No.

Please read Revelation Commentary. This document breaks down revelation chapter by chapter and verse by verse. It is a good place to start when trying to understand Revelation.

Once you have done that I would encourage you to read the Old Testatment books that discuss the future reign of Christ (or David as they refer to Him). Books like Zechariah, Zephaniah, etc.

Blessings,
Dee

Saw that commentary. Didn't read past point 6 when I realized they had no idea what they were writing about.

One millennial day, where we will all be taught of God. This is a literal 1,000 year period ending with the Great White Throne Judgement. By the way, this generation is exactly 6 days out from Adam and the final tribulations are almost here. DO NOT worship the beast!

Amen!!!

This is a literal 1,000 year period...

Really? A literal thousand years?

"For every beast of the forest is Mine, The cattle on a thousand hills. Psalm 50:10 (NASB)

If this is literal, too, who owns the cattle on hill 1001? :chin

"Revelation 20:3 "And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season."

When this time of the great deception is on earth, it will be during the five month period of Revelation 9:5,10, and the Antichrist will then deceived all nations and all peoples of the earth except the elect. When the millennium is over, Satan will be released to try to deceive the people all over again, and many will follow him just as they did in this earth age.

Why would God turn Satan loose a short season? Because this will be a time of testing for those claiming to be Christians who were deceived by him in this earth age. After the thousand year testing and teaching, some will still seek after Satan, and they will be gathered by the angels as tares [see Matthew 13] to be burned with him.

Revelation 20:4 "And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years."

Though their bodies are in the tombs and have decayed, millions of Christian brothers and sisters have lost their lives for the witness of Jesus Christ over the past two thousand years. Also receiving rewards are those that have not bowed to the Antichrist in the five month period of deception coming up shortly, nor did they take his mark through the deception, nor accepted his ways (image) in their minds

Ezekiel 3:8, 9 tell us "our forehead" is our mind. The seal that is in our forehead is what we believe to be true in our minds. The "mark of the beast" is the knowledge you will possess in your mind. What you believe as truth will either cause you to be deceive, or prevent you from being deceived by the first (false) Christ into thinking he is the true messiah.

Revelation 20:5 "But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection."
If you are saved and make a stand against the Antichrist and his deceptions, you will reign with Christ 1,000 years.

Those who did take the "mark of the beast", their souls will not, I repeat, will not have eternal spiritual life, and live again until the Millennium age is over and finished. I Corinthians 15:50-52 describes the mystery of the two bodies. The physical and spiritual bodies are two separate entities.

What are we talking about when it says "the rest of the dead"? The difference in taking part in the first resurrection or not taking part , is hinged on whether or not they were deceived by the Antichrist. Remember, John has been taken in the spirit to the last day before Christ's return. Revelation 20 is talking about that specific day when the last trump sounds, and Jesus Christ our Lord is returning with His saints to earth. This verse is not addressing those who died 50, 100, or any time of any century prior to the sound of the seventh trump. It is addressing the generation (our generation) who will live in the time of the seven seals, and take Satan's mark (the mark of the beast) and give service to him. It is those who will be held in confinement in the place of the lost souls, waiting for the final judgment at the end of the millennium.

All that being said,the answer to your question is no......

Really? A literal thousand years?

"For every beast of the forest is Mine, The cattle on a thousand hills. Psalm 50:10 (NASB)

If this is literal, too, who owns the cattle on hill 1001? :chin

Why would it not be a literal 1000 years?

Let me ask a question,has it been (give or take)6000 years since Adam was in the Garden?I ask because in God's time it's been like 6 days meaning why would the 7th day not be 1000 years......

Christ will return on the day of rest,the 7th........

Also how do you determine what's symbolic and what's not?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would it not be a literal 1000 years?

Let me ask a question,has it been (give or take)6000 years since Adam was in the Garden?I ask because in God's time it's been like 6 days meaning why would the 7th day not be 1000 years......

Christ will return on the day of rest,the 7th........

Also how do you determine what's symbolic and what's not?
There is no reason to believe that there is such a thing as "God's time" where one day is equal to 1000 years. There is also no reason to believe that it has been only 6000 years since Adam and Eve.

There is no reason to believe that there is such a thing as "God's time" where one day is equal to 1000 years. There is also no reason to believe that it has been only 6000 years since Adam and Eve.

So the below scripture was just thrown in the Bible for the heck of it....

2 Peter 3:8
But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Also check out this timeline

http://www.enlightener.org/TimeTable.htm

So the below scripture was just thrown in the Bible for the heck of it....

2 Peter 3:8
But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
It's a figure of speech, a simile--"as". There is no equating a thousand years with one day. To equate the terms is to misread the verse and make it say something it may not be saying. Peter's point is to have patience regarding the last day since we don't know when the Lord will return.

n2thelight said:
Such timelines based on the genealogies are known to be problematic as they make too many assumptions about the genealogies that cannot be substantiated.

It's a figure of speech, a simile--"as". There is no equating a thousand years with one day. To equate the terms is to misread the verse and make it say something it may not be saying. Peter's point is to have patience regarding the last day since we don't know when the Lord will return.

Yet he's telling us not to be ignorant of it,dosn't sound like just a figure of speach.....

To me it's like this,one week is 7,000 years, and we are coming to the Sabbath of that week very shortly, which the common name for the next thousand years is the "Millennium age".

Why would it ?

...violate the sabbath? Travel restrictions.

Exd 16:29 - See, for that the LORD hath given you the sabbath, therefore he giveth you on the sixth day the bread of two days; abide ye every man in his place, let no man go out of his place on the seventh day.

Back