Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Baptism

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Now, please, answer my question--which is a truly simple question--Can faith alone save anyone?

The kind of faith God is looking for, can and does.

When you believe Jesus IS Lord and that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9

See, I believe this as surely as I need oxygen to breathe. God has given me eyes to see and walk in his holiness now.

The kind of faith God is looking for, can and does.

When you believe Jesus IS Lord and that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9

See, I believe this as surely as I need oxygen to breathe. God has given me eyes to see and walk in his holiness now.
But the demons believe that Jesus is the Lord, and they tremble at the thought of Him, so why should it matter that anyone just believes?

Furthermore, your assertion contradicts the Holy Spirit, who said through James, that by works a man is justified, and not by faith alone.

The only kind of faith that can save, is true faith, which can only be rendered by belief and works; it is these two that render the faith through which God, by His grace, has chosen us to save.

Faith is a composite of two virtues, belief and works, if a person is missing either one, then their faith is false: For example, if a man thinks that he can obtain immortality by merely doing works, without believing he must obey Christ, but does whatever he imagines is right, then the works of that man, tho good, are worthless, for he has chosen to do them not because of belief in Christ, but belief in some other thing, or person, etc.

Another example would be, if a man does good works "just in case there is a judgment day," i.e., he treats it like a hedge against other bets, but does not believe that there is such an event coming, nor does he believe in Christ, but "just in case," he goes to Church, and pays his tithe, and gets baptized, etc., and let's say that he's also well-off, and builds orphanages, and gives help to all the poor in his community, and takes care of widows, etc., to the point where he outdoes anyone else in good works: his faith is still void, for it is without belief.

The truth is simple, sister, belief and works, these two, together, they render faith.

Can faith alone save anyone?

Yes, it is by faith alone as it's afree gift from God. Read Hebrews Chapter 11 plus these scriptures I listed below. There is no amount of actual water that can save anyone, but yet it should not be forbidden that anyone should not be baptized in water.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Matthew 3:2 John's baptism was for repentance as he said, "Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." The kingdom of heaven was only coming near as John was calling those to prepare themselves through repentance to be prepared for the kingdom of heaven. The Jews already had faith in God, but yet could not believe in Messiah come as Jesus had not come to begin His ministry yet. That happened when

John 3:5 never mentions the word baptize, but says only by being born of water and spirit, which means water as living water (word of God) that no one can enter into the kingdom of God unless they are Spiritually renewed (born again) by the hearing of the word, which is Christ Jesus and by the Holy Spirit that came on them in the OT and indwells us in the NT. Many do read into the passage a preconceived idea or theology, but baptism is never mentioned in this verse. Word is living water as described in John 4:10; 7:38; 1John 5:6; Jeremiah 2:13; Isaiah 55:1-3 to name a few.

If salvation came by actual immersion in water Jesus clearly could have simply stated, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is baptized by being immersed in water and born of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.” Further, if Jesus had made such a statement, He would have contradicted numerous other Bible passages that make it clear that salvation is by faith (John 3:16; John 3:36; Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5).

Baptism is not mentioned in John chapter three so why do so many believe we are to be dunked in dirty river water as the water can not bring about Gods salvation, but only by faith do we believe as it comes by Gods grace, Ephesians 2:1-10, as we hear the gospel (word/living water) preached to us.

John's baptism was literal, but yet symbolic for cleansing after one repented of their sin. Notice in Mark 1:8 I have baptized you with (actual) water, but he (Jesus) will baptize you with the Holy Spirit. (Not water, but baptize you with the Holy Spirit after you have repented and made clean again through the washing of the word as you become a new creation in Christ.

Jesus never baptized anyone in literal water that we know of and also instructed the Disciples to wait upon the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, Acts chapter 1, and then commissioned them to go out preaching the Gospel (word/living water) and to baptize in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, Matthew 28:16-20.

But the demons believe that Jesus is the Lord, and they tremble at the thought of Him, so why should it matter that anyone just believes?

Hi. The demons have never been flesh and that is the whole point. Since we are living in the flesh, we have a hard time understanding the Spiritual realm (they don't).

Most people and even those who think they are Christians, cannot wrap their minds around a person that really walked the earth and is Lord. Also, the resurrection part seems impossible and yet I have zero doubt what took place. I understand how his DNA (blood) was made up.

And, you were missing my point with me saying faith alone can save. I have the Holy Spirit now, so my walk will be his walk. Like for_his_glory was posting

Ephesians 2:8-10 For it is grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

All scripture is used to keep those of us in line who are God's. So if James wants to keep us on track, he can. The Holy Spirit entered flesh when Jesus showed up, so now in the New Testament he guides us, warns us unto things of holiness.

If we have the Holy Spirt, we don't just plop ourselves down on the couch and wait to die. We will be doing the will of the Lord.

I hope I've clarified my position better. Sometimes I just don't like taking the energy to get into it.

Last edited:
Hi. The demons have never been flesh and that is the whole point. Since we are living in the flesh, we have a hard time understanding the Spiritual realm (they don't).

Most people and even those who think they are Christians, cannot wrap their minds around a person that really walked the earth and is Lord. Also, the resurrection part seems impossible and yet I have zero doubt what took place. I understand how his DNA (blood) was made up.

And, you were missing my point with me saying faith alone can save. I have the Holy Spirit now, so my walk will be his walk. Like for_his_glory was posting

Ephesians 2:8-9 For it is grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast.

All scripture is used to keep those of us in line who are God's. So if James wants to keep us on track, he can. The Holy Spirit entered flesh when Jesus showed up, so now in the New Testament he guides us, warns us unto things of holiness.

If we have the Holy Spirt, we don't just plop ourselves down on the couch and wait to die. We will be doing the will of the Lord.

I hope I've clarified my position better. Sometimes I just don't like taking the energy to get into it.
Sister, Ephesians 2:8-9, is only only a contraction of what the Holy Spirit said through Paul; if you listen longer, you will hear Him also say in the following verse, "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them."

Sister, please beware of partial quotations that are used to contradict what the Spirit plainly says, for it is what Satan uses to try and deceive us, like he tried with our Lord.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back