Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Believe in God, you will be saved

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Jennifer Rogers

Supporter
Jesus clearly teaches in John 3:16 that He will save anyone who believes in Him: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish. lost but have eternal life…”. The word “who” includes you and everyone in this world. fruits of the spirit wall art

The Bible says that, if salvation is based on our individual efforts, no one can save "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" - Romans 3: 23. Psalm 143:2 adds that “there is no one righteous before him.” Romans further affirm “there is no one righteous, even if one is not.”
We cannot save ourselves. Instead, we are saved when we trust Jesus Christ. Ephesians 2:8:9 teaches that “by grace, you have saved me by faith; results of work, so no one can be proud”. We are saved by the grace of God, and grace in its own right is unearned. We are not worthy of salvation; we simply receive it by faith.
The grace of God is sufficient to cover all sins - Romans 5:20. The Bible is also filled with examples of people being saved from the background of their sinful past. The Apostle Paul wrote to Christians who had previously lived in many of their sinful circumstances. The apostle Paul wrote to Christians who had previously lived in various sinful circumstances, including fornication, idolatry, adultery, homosexuality, theft, covetousness, and drunk. But Paul told them that, by salvation, “You were baptized, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of Jesus Christ and in the Holy Spirit. of our God" - 1 Corinthians 6:9:11.
The Apostle Paul was formerly a persecutor of Christians, he approved of Stephen's death - Acts 8:1 and arrested Christians and threw them in prison - Acts of the Apostles 8:3. He later wrote, “Although I was formerly a blasphemer, a persecutor, and a tyrant, I received mercy because I acted thus when I did not understand and believe But God's grace has been poured out upon me, along with faith and love in Jesus Christ. Here is the word that is trustworthy and worthy of acceptance by all: Jesus Christ. I have come into the world to save sinners, of whom I am first.” - I Timothy 1:13-15.
God often chooses to save those who seem unworthy to serve His purposes. He saved a criminal on the cross with only a few minutes left to live - Luke 23:42-43, a persecutor of the church (Paul), a fisherman who denied Christ (Peter), a Roman soldier and his family - Acts 10, a runaway slave (Onesimus in Philemon), and many others. There is no one beyond His ability to be saved - Isaiah 50:2. We need to respond in faith and receive His gift of eternal life.
Who will be saved? One thing is for sure - you can, if you accept Jesus Christ as your Savior! If you are not sure if you have accepted Jesus as your Savior, you can respond now with a prayer like this:
“Lord, I realized that I am still a sinner and cannot get to heaven by my own merits. I now put my faith in Jesus as the Son of God that He died for my sins and rose from the dead to give me eternal life. Please forgive me for my sins and help me to live for You. I thank You for accepting me and giving me eternal life.”

Jesus clearly teaches in John 3:16 that He will save anyone who believes in Him: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish. lost but have eternal life…”. The word “who” includes you and everyone in this world. fruits of the spirit wall art

The Bible says that, if salvation is based on our individual efforts, no one can save "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" - Romans 3: 23. Psalm 143:2 adds that “there is no one righteous before him.” Romans further affirm “there is no one righteous, even if one is not.”
We cannot save ourselves. Instead, we are saved when we trust Jesus Christ. Ephesians 2:8:9 teaches that “by grace, you have saved me by faith; results of work, so no one can be proud”. We are saved by the grace of God, and grace in its own right is unearned. We are not worthy of salvation; we simply receive it by faith.
The grace of God is sufficient to cover all sins - Romans 5:20. The Bible is also filled with examples of people being saved from the background of their sinful past. The Apostle Paul wrote to Christians who had previously lived in many of their sinful circumstances. The apostle Paul wrote to Christians who had previously lived in various sinful circumstances, including fornication, idolatry, adultery, homosexuality, theft, covetousness, and drunk. But Paul told them that, by salvation, “You were baptized, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of Jesus Christ and in the Holy Spirit. of our God" - 1 Corinthians 6:9:11.
The Apostle Paul was formerly a persecutor of Christians, he approved of Stephen's death - Acts 8:1 and arrested Christians and threw them in prison - Acts of the Apostles 8:3. He later wrote, “Although I was formerly a blasphemer, a persecutor, and a tyrant, I received mercy because I acted thus when I did not understand and believe But God's grace has been poured out upon me, along with faith and love in Jesus Christ. Here is the word that is trustworthy and worthy of acceptance by all: Jesus Christ. I have come into the world to save sinners, of whom I am first.” - I Timothy 1:13-15.
God often chooses to save those who seem unworthy to serve His purposes. He saved a criminal on the cross with only a few minutes left to live - Luke 23:42-43, a persecutor of the church (Paul), a fisherman who denied Christ (Peter), a Roman soldier and his family - Acts 10, a runaway slave (Onesimus in Philemon), and many others. There is no one beyond His ability to be saved - Isaiah 50:2. We need to respond in faith and receive His gift of eternal life.
Who will be saved? One thing is for sure - you can, if you accept Jesus Christ as your Savior! If you are not sure if you have accepted Jesus as your Savior, you can respond now with a prayer like this:
“Lord, I realized that I am still a sinner and cannot get to heaven by my own merits. I now put my faith in Jesus as the Son of God that He died for my sins and rose from the dead to give me eternal life. Please forgive me for my sins and help me to live for You. I thank You for accepting me and giving me eternal life.”
I know this isn’t in a theology/discussion section but I have to point out that NOT ONE person in the NT was ever told to say a prayer for salvation. The question now is…..why are you doing that? Does God allow you or anyone else to come up with their own plan of salvation or do we have do what God ask us to do?

I know this isn’t in a theology/discussion section but I have to point out that NOT ONE person in the NT was ever told to say a prayer for salvation. The question now is…..why are you doing that? Does God allow you or anyone else to come up with their own plan of salvation or do we have do what God ask us to do?
whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved that is prayer romans 10;10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. prayer

whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved that is prayer romans 10;10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. prayer
You need to go to the Call on the name of the lord thread and study it a bit

you need to work out your own salvation
You are right. Im doing that every single day.
And you need to study Rom 10 and show me where how ”calling on the name of the lord” is prayer.
The text says…you have to believe before you can even call. Are you saying that “confessing with your mouth” is now prayer? Because thats not what the eunuch did in acts 8 when he said this…
And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized? And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
Acts 8:36-37
Looks like a confession to me. But where is the prayer? don’t see no praying going on.

No, sounds like it it isn’t it. It’s a little like the fear of God doesn’t consist of being scared to death.
That's nonsense. Recall Acts 16:29: "And the jailer called for lights and rushed in, and trembling with fear he fell down before Paul and Silas." Clearly this man was scared to death. There's no mistake what it means to fear God with trembling. Look at Luke 12:5:
But I will warn you whom to fear: fear him who, after he has killed, has authority to cast into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him!
Hebrews 10:26-27, 31:
For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a fearful expectation of judgment, and a fury of fire that will consume the adversaries. ... It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God!
Do not fall for the lies of modern Christians. The early Christians believed very distinctly that God was a god to be FEARED, and not solely to be "respected" or whatever modern apologists say. Why do you resist this belief?

That's nonsense. Recall Acts 16:29: "And the jailer called for lights and rushed in, and trembling with fear he fell down before Paul and Silas." Clearly this man was scared to death. There's no mistake what it means to fear God with trembling. Look at Luke 12:5:

Hebrews 10:26-27, 31:

Do not fall for the lies of modern Christians. The early Christians believed very distinctly that God was a god to be FEARED, and not solely to be "respected" or whatever modern apologists say. Why do you resist this belief?
Because it’s not true. One just needs to read about the interaction between God and Moses or with Abraham or David or Samuel or the other prophets.

The guy in your verse wasn’t a believer actually.

Last edited:
Because it’s not true. One just needs to read about the interaction between God and Moses or with Abraham or David or Samuel or the other prophets.
Yes, in the Hebrew religion, God was a lot more humanlike, so humans could be more comfortable around him. Not so with the New Testament. But the New Testament is what Christians wrote. The Christians did not write the Tanakh. You are a Christian, so which one should you believe?

Yes, in the Hebrew religion, God was a lot more humanlike, so humans could be more comfortable around him.

Nonsense. He doesn’t adjust Himself according to who he is talking to. We are made in His image and so there is a basis for understanding already built in.
Not so with the New Testament. But the New Testament is what Christians wrote. The Christians did not write the Tanakh. You are a Christian, so which one should you believe?
They are the same. No difference. “He who has seen Me (Jesus) has seen the Father.” No difference.

There's no mistake what it means to fear God with trembling. Look at Luke 12:5:
the fear is reverence respect honor... if one is lost fear this

Matthew 10:28​

“And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.”

but contrary to popular belief God is not siting up in heaven waiting to knock us in the head if we mess up and sin. nor is he winking at ignorance, the fear "reverence " of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom

Yes, in the Hebrew religion, God was a lot more humanlike, so humans could be more comfortable around him. Not so with the New Testament. But the New Testament is what Christians wrote. The Christians did not write the Tanakh. You are a Christian, so which one should you believe?
this is false teaching

"Believe in God and you will be saved" clashes with the scripture that says "even the demons believe in God" and they are not saved.
Usually when persons speak about believing in God, they mean to believe in Him as you believe in Him,,,not a mental belief.

I don’t recall a scripture that says believing in God is a virtue in and of itself.
Believing on God is a virtue in and of itself.

A person that does not believe cannot be saved.
A person that believes, and acts on that belief, is saved.

Dorothy, the meaning of believe should be considered to be as it was meant by the authors of the NT.

Believe means to trust, to follow, to obey.

Believing on God is a virtue in and of itself.

A person that does not believe cannot be saved.
A person that believes, and acts on that belief, is saved.

Dorothy, the meaning of believe should be considered to be as it was meant by the authors of the NT.

Believe means to trust, to follow, to obey.
I understand what you’re saying but I don’t see any writer of the Bible saying believing in God alone is good. One says even the demons believe in God so that’s not very impressive.

Back