Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

BEWARE OF LEAVEN, EAT UNLEAVENED BREAD AND LIVE

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Hi Humblepie and Bro.Tan

Of course, even in Israel, using leaven wasn't against God's commands except in the practice of observing some of the special days that God instituted among them. Do either of you honor those commands that were established to be practiced in that way. When was the last time that you actually made a grain offering to your God? Do you celebrate the Feast of Unleavened Bread?

The law forbade leaven in any grain offering. Also leaven could not be used during the Passover and the following Feast of Unleavened Bread. However, God's word does use leaven as a metaphor to us of how sin permeates our lives. But I'm pretty sure that there is no command that they never use leaven.

God bless,
Ted

Yes Indeed, the Feast of Unleavened Bread Starts after the passover Tuesday, April 23, 2024
at sundown. On the fifteenth day of the same month is the FEAST OF UNLEAVENED BREAD unto the LORD, seven days ye must eat unleavened bread. In Leviticus 23:7 In the first day ye shall have an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein. On the first day of this feast, you must have a holy gathering, and there is no work to be done.

Leviticus 23:8 But ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD seven days: in the seventh day is an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein.

Being that Christ died for us and He is our sacrifice. We are no long under the sacrificial law. Now what we must do is offer ourselves as sacrifices, by offering up righteousness. How do you that? Keep the law! In the last day of this feast you are to have a holy gathering and no servile work is to be done.

Now let's see what this feasts represents. In Exodus 12:15 Seven days shall ye eat unleavened bread; even the first day ye shall put away leaven out of your houses: for whosoever eateth leavened bread from the first day until the seventh day, that soul shall be cut off from Israel.

If you have unleaven bread in your house, you must remove this from your house.

Remember leaven represent sin. The Lord gives you something physical so you will be able to understand the spiritual aspects. Now if you have leaven in your house you will be cut off from among the people. Let's see why we observe this day. In Exodus 12:17 And ye shall observe the feast of unleavened bread; for in this selfsame day have I brought your armies out of the land of Egypt: therefore shall ye observe this day in your generations by an ordinance for ever.

This is the reason why we must observe this day. On the 15th day of the month the Lord brought Israel out of Egypt. The Feast of Unleavened Bread represents Israel's first deliverance. This day shall be observed forever.

Hey Bro.Tan

Your ministry I see is to make everyone live as a Jew. Ok. But isn't leaven ingested through the mouth?
Paul did say in Romans 9: 1 I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost, 2 that I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart. 3 For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh: 4 who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises; 5 whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.

For what purpose did the Lord choose the children of Israel? (Exodus 19: 1-6) Let's look at the 5th & 6th vs.; "Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine: (6th vs.) and ye shall be unto me a Kingdom of Priest, and a holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel." Take a look at what Peter was telling the Jews, quoting Moses in 1 Peter 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

What is the law that the people of God are to observe? (Exodus 20: 1-23) The Ten Commandments, God descended from heaven and spoke his commandments face to face with his people.

Is this law for the children of Israel only? No. (Leviticus 24: 22) "Ye shall have one manner of law, as well for the stranger, as for one of your own country: For I am the Lord your God."

Didn't Jesus pretty plainly say, “There is nothing outside the man which can defile him if it goes into him; but the things which proceed out of the man are what defile the man.”

You should trust what Jesus has told you.

God bless,
Ted
Jesus did say those words you mention, but do you really understand what Jesus was saying. And he called the multitude, and said unto them, “Hear, and understand: Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.”(Matthew 15:10-11)

So what is this that comes out of men's mouths that defiles them? Let's skip to the 15th verse These are verse and see if the Lord is doing away with His dietary law.

Then answered Peter and said unto him, Declare unto us this parable. And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding? Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught? But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.” (Matthew 15:15-20).

Note what the Lord says, "Those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man." Now we see that, this set of verses has nothing to do with the dietary law or food being nail to the cross. In fact the Lord tells the apostles what defiles men and that is breaking His commandments, note eating with unwashed hands.

Hi Bro.Tan
Remember leaven represent sin.
Yes, God uses leaven to represent sin when teaching His people Israel about their sin and how it permeates our lives. I always understood that. He also used wineskins at one point to represent how the new covenant would be given over to new people.

None of that makes the partaking of leaven in our food as some sinful practice.

God bless,
Ted

For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.”
Hi again Bro.Tan

I would contend that you aren't understanding what Jesus is teaching here. The word that Jesus used was 'nothing'. I'm sure if he meant only unwashed hands, he wouldn't have used the descriptor for that as 'nothing'.

God bless,
Ted

What you are saying, that people should not eat leven bread etc, is spiritually and biblically incorrect.
Leven bread was not forbidden to Israel, it was not forbidden by Jesus, it is not a require ment for holy living that only uneven bread be eaten.
So the Unleavened Bread we want to eat is that spiritual bread that is from Christ. Jesus says in John 6: 32 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven. 33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world. 34 Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread. 35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

I know many people believe on the name of Jesus, but you have to come to Jesus in faith and do his will as Jesus did the will of the father.

One of the first things Jesus said was to repent.

Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me. 46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father. 47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. 48 I am that bread of life. 49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead. 50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. 51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

Eating off this bread which is Jesus is a spiritual meal brothers and sisters. This is a daily meal we must eat consistently. Because learning about the living God is a life long journey.

So the Unleavened Bread we want to eat is that spiritual bread that is from Christ. Jesus says in John 6: 32 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven. 33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world. 34 Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread. 35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

I know many people believe on the name of Jesus, but you have to come to Jesus in faith and do his will as Jesus did the will of the father.

One of the first things Jesus said was to repent.

Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me. 46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father. 47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. 48 I am that bread of life. 49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead. 50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. 51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

Eating off this bread which is Jesus is a spiritual meal brothers and sisters. This is a daily meal we must eat consistently. Because learning about the living God is a life long journey.

Let’s take a look at what else Jesus says in verse 53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. 54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. 56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him. 57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me. 63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Jesus says the words he speak to us, is spirit and they are life. This is why it’s important to become a doer of the word and not just a hearer only. So we understand that drinking the blood of Jesus is the Passover and after the Passover is the Feast of Unleavened Bread, 4 These are the feasts of the LORD, even holy convocations, which ye shall proclaim in their seasons. 5 In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the LORD's passover. 6 And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the LORD: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread. 7 In the first day ye shall have an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein. 8 But ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD seven days: in the seventh day is an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein. ( Leviticus 23: 4-8)

Hi again Bro.Tan

I would contend that you aren't understanding what Jesus is teaching here. The word that Jesus used was 'nothing'. I'm sure if he meant only unwashed hands, he wouldn't have used the descriptor for that as 'nothing'.

God bless,
Ted
Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding? Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught? But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.” (Matthew 15:15-20).

Do not just focus on the unwash hands. Note what the Lord says, "Those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man."

Hi Bro.Tan

Yes, God uses leaven to represent sin when teaching His people Israel about their sin and how it permeates our lives. I always understood that. He also used wineskins at one point to represent how the new covenant would be given over to new people.

None of that makes the partaking of leaven in our food as some sinful practice.

God bless,
Ted
The part of this lesson that deals with food is the Feast Of Unleavened Bread, the other parts are spiritual concerning Unleavened Bread.

Hi again Bro.Tan

Well look, if you want to live by the commands that God gave unto His people Israel, and think that in that you gain salvation, go for it. However, I would urge you to read Leviticus 26:3-13.

'If you walk in My statutes and keep My commandments, and perform them, then I will give you rain in its season, the land shall yield its produce, and the trees of the field shall yield their fruit. Your threshing shall last till the time of vintage, and the vintage shall last till the time of sowing; you shall eat your bread to the full, and dwell in your land safely. I will give peace in the land, and you shall lie down, and none will make you afraid; I will rid the land of evil beasts, and the sword will not go through your land. You will chase your enemies, and they shall fall by the sword before you.

Five of you shall chase a hundred, and a hundred of you shall put ten thousand to flight; your enemies shall fall by the sword before you. 'For I will look on you favorably and make you fruitful, multiply you and confirm My covenant with you. You shall eat the old harvest, and clear out the old because of the new. I will set My tabernacle among you, and My soul shall not abhor you. I will walk among you and be your God, and you shall be My people. I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that you should not be their slaves; I have broken the bands of your yoke and made you walk upright.

God's covenant with Israel was that if they would follow His commandments, that it would go well with them in this life. Hence, by keeping the law shall no flesh be saved. The covenant to Moses was never about eternal life. Isn't that what you're seeking? Trust Jesus, he is the sacrifice for sin, not the bulls and rams and goats and sheep that were slaughtered year after year after year after year in Israel.

God bless,
Ted

Bro Tan,

Many are stuck in the dogma of what has been passed down to them by man's misguided teachings for hundreds of years. Ted clearly knows that the law cannot save us, and that's not what we are saying but he continues to twist what is said making that the point. You can show the way through scripture but it's rejected. They refuse to study and test what is said with scripture and stick to a teaching that none of the first century Christians believed or preached.

I believe these Brothers are saved by grace through faith but have been led off track by the teachings of men.

You can even quote new testament scripture like 1 John 3 but it falls on deaf ears.

1 John 3
4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

2 Peter

16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
17 Therefore, dear friends, since you have been forewarned, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of the lawless and fall from your secure position.

All we can do is plant the seed and pray for them.

In Brotherhood.

Hi again Bro.Tan

Well look, if you want to live by the commands that God gave unto His people Israel, and think that in that you gain salvation, go for it. However, I would urge you to read Leviticus 26:3-13.

'If you walk in My statutes and keep My commandments, and perform them, then I will give you rain in its season, the land shall yield its produce, and the trees of the field shall yield their fruit. Your threshing shall last till the time of vintage, and the vintage shall last till the time of sowing; you shall eat your bread to the full, and dwell in your land safely. I will give peace in the land, and you shall lie down, and none will make you afraid; I will rid the land of evil beasts, and the sword will not go through your land. You will chase your enemies, and they shall fall by the sword before you.

Five of you shall chase a hundred, and a hundred of you shall put ten thousand to flight; your enemies shall fall by the sword before you. 'For I will look on you favorably and make you fruitful, multiply you and confirm My covenant with you. You shall eat the old harvest, and clear out the old because of the new. I will set My tabernacle among you, and My soul shall not abhor you. I will walk among you and be your God, and you shall be My people. I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that you should not be their slaves; I have broken the bands of your yoke and made you walk upright.

God's covenant with Israel was that if they would follow His commandments, that it would go well with them in this life. Hence, by keeping the law shall no flesh be saved. The covenant to Moses was never about eternal life. Isn't that what you're seeking? Trust Jesus, he is the sacrifice for sin, not the bulls and rams and goats and sheep that were slaughtered year after year after year after year in Israel.

God bless,
Ted

Jesus says in John 5: 39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. The Bible says search the scriptures, all your answers and getting eternal life is in the scriptures. The scripturres are from Genesis to Malachi.
46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. 47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

So lets see how much you believe in Jesus writing, because I see there a problem with believe in Moses writing. A man asked Jesus this very question, "...What good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?", and Jesus replied, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. (Matthew 19:16-19). This was a direct answer to a direct question, which all of us will do well to take heed to. Anybody can claim to have faith, but actions speak louder than words. Faith and works go together and you can't have one without the other. "Here is the patience of the saints; here are they that keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus" (Revelation 14:12).

We still must obey all of God's laws and statues of conduct, from the ten commandments to the least commandment. We cannot choose to obey one without obeying the others. For instance, if it's still good to pay tithes (as many preach), then it is still good to obey God's dietary law (not eating pork, catfish, etc...Leviticus 11:1-47). Similarly, you cannot purposely trip a blind person (Leviticus 19:14) and claim to love your neighbor as yourself. Neither can you break God's Sabbath days (Leviticus 19:30) and claim to love God with all your heart, soul and mind.

Many fight to uphold man's traditional holidays (Sunday the 1st day as the Sabbath, Christmas, Easter and Halloween), but few are obeying God's Holy Days (Saturday the 7th day Sabbath, the Passover, Pentecost, Unleavened Bread etc...Leviticus 23:1-44). All of God's laws are still good and must be obeyed if we want eternal life. We might not be able to observe everything perfectly, but can fight a good fight. If we do this our prize awaits us at the end. "...if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments" (Matthew 19:17).

Come on Ted,
You've been advised on that subject and now you just mock. It doesn't seem like a Christian thing to do.
Hi Humblepie

First of all, my response was to Bro.Tan

He seems to be trying to teach that we need to keep the law of the old covenant that God gave to Israel. If that's the case, then does he celebrate the Passover. I mean, that was the law given to Israel. Does he celebrate the Feast of Booths.

Now you're telling me that I've been advised on 'that' subject. What subject? And if it's about celebrating and obeying all of the commandments of God to His people Israel, I guess I missed it. Could you be so kind as to post the post # that I can go back and read it?

I'm trying to be as christian as the Scriptures teach us to be when explaining the truths of God's word. I'm speaking in love and with patience. But there are questions to be asked and answered when we teach.

God bless,
Ted

Ted,
One cannot offer sacrifices at this time as it would be breaking the law. There isn't a temple or alter to offer it on. So until a temple is built sacrifices can't be accomplished in the way the law prescribes.
When Jesus returns to rule on earth, ALL the commandments will be observed, including animal sacrifice.
You must not really read what's posted as youre to wrapped up in your own words to absorb what's being taught.

First of all, my response was to @Bro.Tan
I don't really care who your response was to, it was a response filled with disrespect and mockery.
You know he isn't participating in sacrifices but you chose to mock him.

there are questions to be asked and answered when we teach.
Here is a question for You Ted, Did Jesus teach his apostles and jews to follow the Mosaic law before he died on the cross?

Back