Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Book Keeper's Coffee Shop

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Let them at the door?
Do you mean Leave them at the door?

Underground,,,,, you mean subway?
Walkway..... You mean underground?
Lift............. You mean elevator?

What else?
We have many differences; as I watched a lot of Wild-West movies when I was young, I do refer to some items differently to others here in the UK.

I say 'hood' instead of 'bonnet'.
'Gas' instead of 'petrol'.
'Aluminum' instead of 'aluminium'.
I write the date MMDDYY instead of DDMMYY.

Last edited:
welcome-banner-clip-art-banner.jpg

The coffee shop is a warm and friendly environment; no hostilities or fierce debates are welcome here - please let them at the door! We have a blanket ban on politics, therefore please ensure you wipe your feet on the way in.

I just now saw this. What a good idea! thank you, Book Keeper.

I agree about nature.
Have you ever thought of how many different creatures made? And we think we have a good imagination! They are all so perfect too.

Two years ago when my husband was still alive we used to watch a opossum come up to our deck and eat some fruit or cat food I would leave out for him or her. They really are nice creatures in that they help the environment by getting rid of rodents and eating ticks. They don't carry rabies either but if you try to get too close they will run or "play dead"..best to just watch and not disturb. Since our living room faces the deck outside I did video one visit (from inside) and so can relive it. They only live two or three years so I am guessing ours went back into the woods somewhere and has died by now. Yes, God created opossums too! :)

I rewatched Raiders and the Last Crusade too! (i don't like the 2nd one or the 4th for that matter). I think the 3rd is my favorite because of Indy's relationship with his dad and Sean Connery/Harrison Ford are funny together.
I agree..but I am a big Sean Connery fan so likely that is why. I still remember when the first of the Indiana Jones movies came out. It was like the serial cliffhangers I used to see at the local movie theater on Saturday afternoon always in black and white. The special effects were awful back then, the acting less than good, and the stories predictable but it was what all of us kids enjoyed even before there was TV in our homes. Each serial episode (less than an hour in length and always shown with a full length movie (usually a western one) would end with someone hanging off a cliff (not just that but other dangerous spots from which you surmised there would be little or no change of escape) and then on the screen a sign which said.."Continued next week." :biggrin We loved it back then when we were 10 or 11 or 12 and life was so much different than these days with modern tech where we can watch movies on our phones. It was what it was and such fun!

I agree..but I am a big Sean Connery fan so likely that is why. I still remember when the first of the Indiana Jones movies came out. It was like the serial cliffhangers I used to see at the local movie theater on Saturday afternoon always in black and white. The special effects were awful back then, the acting less than good, and the stories predictable but it was what all of us kids enjoyed even before there was TV in our homes. Each serial episode (less than an hour in length and always shown with a full length movie (usually a western one) would end with someone hanging off a cliff (not just that but other dangerous spots from which you surmised there would be little or no change of escape) and then on the screen a sign which said.."Continued next week." :biggrin We loved it back then when we were 10 or 11 or 12 and life was so much different than these days with modern tech where we can watch movies on our phones. It was what it was and such fun!
Now we can watch a whole season of shows in a couple of days...
Times have definitely changed.

Have, and usually will.
I'm one of those who waited till all three Hobbit movies were out before I watched any of them... same thing for Lord of the Ring trilogy. Then it was movie night.

I like those movies. The problem is that they're just so long that I don't watch them too often.

I like those movies. The problem is that they're just so long that I don't watch them too often.
I read the books in my youth...a little younger than you are now.
To see them come to life on the screen was awesome.
CS Lewis and Tolkien were buddies. They were often caught hanging out in the same pub at the same table talking about stuff. Politics and religion being cheif amongst the topics.
The "wrongness" of the leadership they seen caused the books to be written.

Okay this is for scaring me like that! :hipssmacks you upside the head You know, we really are turning into a comedy skit! We're like the modern version of "The Three Stooges" even though there's only two of us. :lol

There's a lot of humor in that right there and even though you walked right into it, I'll leave it alone so's not to upset you, lol. Instead, here's my peaceful place, that I miss...

It is impossible to be up in the Rocky Mountains, listening to nature's voice and the sound of the wind whistling down the mountain through the pine trees and not start contemplating our creator...

Well that's the evening over for me; I have my parents dogs to look after whilst my parents are staying at a hotel.
It's been a truly wonderful evening; the most important segment was that my Mum enjoyed it.

In other news; I start a new job next Thursday; I thought a change would be preferable, and I didn't want to do the job I currently do for much longer. I am becoming a caravan service technician; to my American friends, if you are not already aware, a caravan is the British version of a travel trailer.

God's blessings on your new job :)

My apologies for being absent over the past few days, I have been on a business conference and internet services were unavailable.
I will begin posting here again shortly. :)

That's alright, I wondered where you were though. I have been away vacationing in both lala land and my happy place so I can totally understand. :lol

Good evening! :wave2

Firstly, allow me to share my recent update in the thread here.
I ordered a FREE Bible for a UK charity; you can check it out in the thread as I have included some photographs.

It's Fish n' Chip shop for my meal tonight; well I say shop, however I am having them delivered to me - yes, I'm lazy. :wink

Below, you will find the motivational quote I've found; its a very true statement.

3211bf81e9803b0c2e4b990e71a6e1e5--inspirational-travel-quotes-motivational-sayings.jpg

I hope everyone is having a great Friday.

Back