Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Brothers of Jesus?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
The pillar and foundation of truth cannot be pagan? Truth is from God, you are saying God is pagan!
Many statements have implied meanings please be careful!
Another example: if you attack or reject the church (like the so-called reformers) you are in reality attacking or rejecting Christ who founded the church! Thanks
So how it's that all the centuries that the "church"had to apologize to isreal and jews.look my dad is Jewish ,ya might think I was taught this and I was.

A Catholic said that ,so if the pope and magisterium can be so in error about Jews as a whole cursed what else?

That's frees point.

I don't deny Luther also was a problem ,Calvin didn't follow along .

No man or group is above the Bibles inspiration .only it's words are undefinable our theology can be off .

Did Joseph the administrator of the kingdom of pharaoh son of Jacob (Israel) have any brothers?
Yes. One full brother, Benjamin, and ten half-brothers, not to mention at least one half-sister. What does this have to do with the discussion?

You mean that Mary simply can't forgive you if your sins?

Funny as that is in a prayer book I kept as a gift from a Muslim .it says that and it is a Catholic book

You really don't see that ?

No Mary does not forgive sins, she can pray and intercede and obtain graces for us to repent and implore God’s mercy and we confess our sins to those ordained Jn 20:23
Mary is to be honored but Jesus made her not the other way around .
Idolatry is placing anything in front of Jesus and those prayers are doing that
We pray to God by her intercession
Honor love prayer veneration do not constitute worship, that requires intent, adoration, reparation, thanksgiving and petition only God may lawfully be worshipped
I thank God for using and giving my parents ,but I dont ask mom or dad ,deceased to forgive me of sins against God that dont involve them.
And do you thank God for using Mary to bring our salvation?

What is the new song of salvation?

Psalm 33:3, 40:3, 96:1, 98:1, and 149:1

Hail Mary, full of Grace!
Blessed art thou among all women! Lk 1:28 & Lk 1:45 & Lk 1:48

All generations shall call me blessed! Lk 1:48

A new song of thanksgiving for bringing our salvation!

And Mary found our salvation lost by Adam! Lk 1:30

And thanksgiving for the incarnation of Jesus Christ! The word was made flesh and dwelt among us thanks to Mary’s “yes” consenting to our salvation! Lk 1:38

So if Mary said no ,it magically wouldn't have happened .
Funny before Mary who line of persons were used by God .

Thats why spurgeon calls it idolatry

Mary's mother ,father ? Their parents ,and all the way to eek Abraham and back to Adam who fell .

Sounds like God used fallen men .if Mary said no ,oh not that God could be foiled but God foreknows but reformed theology is beyond you

And no .the novena .

Mary, mother of forgiveness, may I forgive others as you forgave me in imitation of your son. Mary, take my hand and lead me as I decide to accept God’s grace to forgive (state name of person to be forgiven) for (state cause).

The problem with that is manifold as all of my sins ,every one Jesus takes the price and judgement ,therefore your argument is negated as each time I sin ,it's laid toward him and it's paid .

See how you all add to the Bible ?

Not not could it be a one time prayer as each time you sin.what sin do we do that actually is against her alone?

She is dead ? If it's the cross then it's our redemption and that involves a daily walk of sin confession and how do I exactly kill Jesus ?

Every sin by man does that .now and till the end of time

I very much consider the Roman Catholic church pagan

You seriously complain about a communism and have a pope who loves leftism .

Point made.

We have a spiritual father .not even the Jews as I know it,see sarai as their mother but see Abraham as their father .they also called the Hashem their father .

Yet the Catholics call Mary our queen and Mother when we'll Adam has no mother nor eve and these were Mary's parents spiritually .

Sounds quite Babylonish to me

It's not.the pope of the current Vatican supports collective policies on climate change .

Simply look at how Europa limits car charging for electric vehicles and created that problem .
I agree with you and oppose the communistic green movement
A valid pope only is infallible when teaching the universal church on matters of faith and morals, not ecology! Notice I said a valid pope, does that mean I say for sure he is not one, no but I can doubt

So how it's that all the centuries that the "church"had to apologize to isreal and jews.look my dad is Jewish ,ya might think I was taught this and I was.

The one true church founded by Christ is Israel and Christ is king and his kingdom has no reason to apologize!

Christ replaced David as king! Lk 1:32-33

The church replaced Israel!

Matt 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

44 And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

45 And when the chief priests and Pharisees had heard his parables, they perceived that he spake of them.

Matt 16:18-19 Jn 29:21-23 eph 2:20

The church abides in Christ and bears fruit! Jn 15:4

Christ said:

Matthew 23:33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:

35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.

36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.

37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Does He apologize?

Scripture says Christ are of the free woman new covenant, those of the circumcision are of the bond woman!

We are of the new and heavenly Jerusalem!
Holy mother church!

The one true church founded by Christ is Israel and Christ is king and his kingdom has no reason to apologize!

Matt 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

44 And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

45 And when the chief priests and Pharisees had heard his parables, they perceived that he spake of them.

Christ said:

Matthew 23:33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:

35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.

37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Does He apologize?

Scripture says Christ are of the free woman new covenant, those of the circumcision are of the bond woman!

Holy mother church!
No the church didn't replace isreal .

I see the antisemitism is still there.im not even a futurist but know that is wrong.

You can't insert unfulfilled prophecy about the isreal as the Roman Catholic church .

Jesus himself said nothing of that .
In fact he said it's not for Him or anyone else but the Father to know .
That was a response to a question about restoring the Kingdom to isreal.

The church has no land promise

Christ said:

Does He apologize?

Holy mother church!
I guess Jesus marries Mary then.

Look the church is his bride .we are all his bride .not a mother .

Who is Mary father and mother and how did she not need to repent?

Show me where she didn't need to be forgiven .?

You claim sinless therefore why did Mary die ,a person born without sin ,born sinless means no sin curse .Jesus was not born a sinner at all and yet you place Mary there.

Mary wouldn't die at all .her body and soul are sin free

Free I leave him for you .I am finding debating is useful but only if it's with a pure heart and social media can be too tempting to turn Godly edification and correction to something vile .

I'm all for rebuking and proper doctrine but when it slides into endless wasting of time as one side won't budge it's time to go.

I agree with you and oppose the communistic green movement
A valid pope only is infallible when teaching the universal church on matters of faith and morals, not ecology! Notice I said a valid pope, does that mean I say for sure he is not one, no but I can doubt
The problem is there ,you nor I outside of rare Guidance can know if a soul believes and is called 100 percent .

I very much consider the Roman Catholic church pagan

You seriously complain about a communism and have a pope who loves leftism .
We can’t make such a statement
He may be pope but may be invalid
By their fruits, what does he teach

To say the church founded by Christ is pagan is saying Christ is pagan

It's not.the pope of the current Vatican supports collective policies on climate change .

Simply look at how Europa limits car charging for electric vehicles and created that problem .
“The Vatican” is not necessarily the one true church founded by Christ or an invalidly elected pope but the faithful bishops especially since we are in the days of apostasy

Yes. One full brother, Benjamin, and ten half-brothers, not to mention at least one half-sister. What does this have to do with the discussion?
The twelve sons of Jacob had four different mothers so it is possible for “the brothers of Jesus” not to be children of Mary

The twelve sons of Jacob had four different mothers so it is possible for “the brothers of Jesus” not to be children of Mary
All the sons had the same father, so unless you want to argue that Joseph had other wives, your argument doesn’t really work. Not to mention that it is pure speculation that Jesus’s brothers and sisters could have come from other women.

A plain reading of the Bible leads to the most plausible belief that Jesus actually had half-brothers and sisters through Mary and Joseph. Anything else is speculation.

We can’t make such a statement
He may be pope but may be invalid
By their fruits, what does he teach

To say the church founded by Christ is pagan is saying Christ is pagan
When your pope defrocked an the most pro life Catholic priest but ignores openly gay priests who teach the Bible is error then wonder .

Back