Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Call No Man Father

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Wwe decide by actually READING the words written in the Bible and not following the dictates of men.
But two honest Christians can disagree as to what scripture teaches

Example

Faith alone
Or
Faith and works

So who decides?

That is exactly what I have been telling you my friend.

We are saved by what Christ did and there is nothing we can do to effect it. Not the church or baptism or sacraments or belonging to a certain church.
Are redemption and salvation the same in your understanding?

NO!

Jesus did not have Two natures. He had ONE - Divine!

Joseph was not the biological father of Jesus. I can not believe I have to tell you that.

NO ONE is saying anything about the virgin birth my friend!

Again.......The literal, actual words for BROTHER in the Greek is BROTHER.
The actual Greek word for sister is SISTER.

You can twist and deny and argue all day but you are grammatically wrong!

There is not one single scriptiture that suggests the perpetual virginity of Mary. NOT ONE!
Jesus Christ is the God-man
True God
True man

Yes?

NO!

Jesus did not have Two natures. He had ONE - Divine!

Joseph was not the biological father of Jesus. I can not believe I have to tell you that.

NO ONE is saying anything about the virgin birth my friend!

Again.......The literal, actual words for BROTHER in the Greek is BROTHER.
The actual Greek word for sister is SISTER.

You can twist and deny and argue all day but you are grammatically wrong!

There is not one single scriptiture that suggests the perpetual virginity of Mary. NOT ONE!
The one that you ignore Lk 1:34

But two honest Christians can disagree as to what scripture teaches

Example

Faith alone
Or
Faith and works

So who decides?
The Scriptures decide. We either read them and accept them or we read them and disobey them and follow what our priests tell us.

Ephesians 2:8-9 can not be understood by two people any differently that they read.......
"We are saved by grace through faith, AND NOT OF OURSELVES"!

Understand I’m only question your wording

Scripture does not say “siblings”

It says brothers and there is more than one kind of brother

And brothers can have different mothers

Thks
"I" said siblings!

The Scripture say BROTHERS AND SISTERS!

I am not going to keep doing this over and over. This is circular conversation and it is meaningless.

You either accpt the Bible fact that Jesus had 1/2 brothers and sisters or you deny the Word Of God and accept your Catholic teachings, but I am not going to go on in this back and forth.

"I" said siblings!

I am not going to keep doing this over and over. This is circular conversation and it is meaningless.

You either accpt the Bible fact that Jesus had 1/2 brothers and sisters or you deny the Word Of God and accept your Catholic teachings, but I am not going to go on in this back and forth.
Do you really have biblical proof that Jesus' brothers and sisters were only half-brothers and sister ?

That’s a problem!

We have different languages and different meanings

Redemption, Justification, Sanctification, and Salvation!

Redemption: 100 percent the work of God, thru the life, death, resurrection, and ascension of Jesus Christ! All mankind are redeemed in Christ! Eph 2
Galatians 2:16 3:13
Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law...
Christ alone accomplished the redemption of mankind apart from any works on our part!

(Redemption is not Salvation)
Rom 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Justification: our acceptance of redemption thru faith and baptism! Become a disciple and member of Christ and His Church! Jn 3:5 acts 2:38 Mk 16:16 He who believes and is baptized shall be saved. 1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Sanctification: the life of grace applied to our souls in the sacraments, prayer, virtue and good works, the just living by faith, and faith working thru love! Phil 1:29 called to suffer with Christ.
All done in Christ thru His grace! Jn 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Purification: no unclean thing enter the heavenly realms of glory!

Salvation: a christian in the state if grace at the moment of death we enter into the salvation of the Lord! Mt 24:44-47 faithful servant! Jn 15:1-5 abide in me. Mt 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Heb 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
Heb 6:11 And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:
Heb 4:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
Rom 13:11 ...for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

Glorification:

Suffering with Christ is required for glorification with Christ!

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Justification and salvation are not the same rom 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

The Scriptures decide. We either read them and accept them or we read them and disobey them and follow what our priests tell us.

Ephesians 2:8-9 can not be understood by two people any differently that they read.......
"We are saved by grace through faith, AND NOT OF OURSELVES"!
Then who’s faith is it?

And what about tons of other verses and chapters are they not scripture also?

1 cor 13:2 all faith no charity avails nothing
Charity is the first and greatest commandment
Is a commandment not involved in salvation

Your simply not reasonable

Where does it say faith must oppose reason?

Thks

"I" said siblings!

"I" said siblings!

Did Luther, Calvin etc deny the word of God?

It says brothers not biological blood brothers who are or must be the biological children of Mary!

Lk 1: 31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.

32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?

35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Referring to Mary always singular ONE! Jesus Christ

"I" said siblings!

Cannot be brothers cos Jesus as savior would have to guarantee their salvation

We cannot have satan accusing Christ of his mother being a sinner or His non-existent brothers

Jesus could not be an impartial judge!

What’s your thoughts on these points I’m sure they are new to you

You also agree with Helvidius who Calvin calls a heretic and Luther has the perpetual virginity an article of faith

You also violate scripture and biblical principles

Biblical principles

Ezekiel 44:2 “This gate shall remain shut; it shall not be opened, and no one shall enter by it; for the Lord, the God of Israel, has entered by it; therefore it shall remain shut.”

Song of Solomon 4:12 A garden inclosed is my sister, my spouse; a spring shut up, a fountain sealed.

Thks

Wwe decide by actually READING the words written in the Bible and not following the dictates of men.
Men are appointed for this very reason with power and authority
Lk 10:16 Jn 13:20 Matt 16:18-19 Matt 28:19 Jn 29:21-23 many more

But just ignore the scripture in order to follow scripture according to your own private personal judgment and fancy

Oh my, another verse of scripture that refers to purging out sins
Purgatory 2 pet 1: 9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

Purged from sins is biblical? Who’ed a thunk it?

Men are appointed for this very reason with power and authority
Lk 10:16 Jn 13:20 Matt 16:18-19 Matt 28:19 Jn 29:21-23 many more

But just ignore the scripture in order to follow scripture according to your own private personal judgment and fancy

Oh my, another verse of scripture that refers to purging out sins
Purgatory 2 pet 1: 9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

Purged from sins is biblical? Who’ed a thunk it?
There are NO Scriptures that teach, validate, hint at or suggest Purgatory.

Cannot be brothers cos Jesus as savior would have to guarantee their salvation

We cannot have satan accusing Christ of his mother being a sinner or His non-existent brothers

Jesus could not be an impartial judge!

What’s your thoughts on these points I’m sure they are new to you

You also agree with Helvidius who Calvin calls a heretic and Luther has the perpetual virginity an article of faith

You also violate scripture and biblical principles

Biblical principles

Ezekiel 44:2 “This gate shall remain shut; it shall not be opened, and no one shall enter by it; for the Lord, the God of Israel, has entered by it; therefore it shall remain shut.”

Song of Solomon 4:12 A garden inclosed is my sister, my spouse; a spring shut up, a fountain sealed.

Thks
Your KNOWN denial of the Scriptures is staggering.

Mary was a sinner and needed to accept Jesus as the Christ just as you do.

The Scriptures say that Jesus had 6 ...1//2 siblings. The literal Greek grammer says BROTHERS and yet you still deny that.

Did Luther, Calvin etc deny the word of God?

It says brothers not biological blood brothers who are or must be the biological children of Mary!

Lk 1: 31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.

32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?

35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Referring to Mary always singular ONE! Jesus Christ
You are wrong!

Saying the same thing over and over does not make it correct.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back