Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Call No Man Father

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I don't know if you replied to my post of yesterday asking you what you mean by "traditions".

And, you agreed with me about something,
but
you didn't post the source for your comment that Mary is a GOD.

Please do so.
"Traditions" as I mention them are beliefs and or teachings that are practices and beliefs that have been handed down over the centuries by the Catholic Church, and are not validated by the Scriptures.

These traditions are deeply rooted in the history and culture of Catholicism.
As for Mary being God....I do not recall posting that and I glanced through the thread and did not see it.

What I did say was that some Catholics believe Mary is above other women because she birthed the Son of God. The Bible does not say Mary was blessed ABOVE other women but AMONG other women.

Traditions example......Mary is the mother of God. That is not found in the Bible.
It comes from Jesus being God in the flesh so then Mary birthed God. In many eyes of some people that equates to the divinity of Mary.
Not only that, but the the word until in Matthew 1:25 clearly indicates that Joseph and Mary did have normal sexual relations after Jesus was born. Mary remained a virgin until the Savior’s birth, but later Joseph and Mary had several children together. Jesus had four half-brothers: James, Joseph, Simon, and Judas (Matthew 13:55) and at least two half sisters.(Matthew 15:35-37)

Traditions example......."Immaculate Conception of Mary". That is not found anywhere in the Bible and is a Catholic tradition. The Bible doesn’t suggest Mary’s birth was anything but a normal human birth.

Tradition example........ "Assumption of Mary into Heaven and her Coronation as Queen."
NO where in the Bible is there to be found a suggestion of such a thing.

Romans 3:23 says....."ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God".
There is no......"Except Mary" anywhere in the Bible.

My sources come from many years of teaching the actual, literal Word of God.

Is it absolutely forbidden to call men father? Thks
A casual reading of the literal Scriptures in Matthew 23:9 tell us.......
“And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and He is in heaven.”
Now again, when we read the Scriptures we find that the context of Matthew 23:9 tells us that referring to one’s biological father as “father” is not what Jesus is speaking about.

n no way should any person look up to, follow, or elevate a human leader in any religious or church organization above Jesus Christ. Jesus is the Head of the Church, which is His body. He alone is the author of our salvation, source of comfort in difficulties, and strength to live the Christian life. He is the only One to whom our prayers should be directed.

I believe that there is NO argument that Roman Catholics call their priests “father,” and the Pope is the “holy father.”

Abbots take their title from the Aramaic word abba, which means “father.”

What I am saying to you is that this is clearly unbiblical. The priest as “father” is problematic. In the case of “holy father,” there is no doubt this title is unbiblical.

No man can take on the title of “holy” anything, because only God is holy. This title gives the Pope a status that is never intended for any man on earth. Even the apostle Paul made no claim to holiness, referring to himself as the chief of sinners.

Now I do not post these things to be argumentitive. It is a clear statement of actual fact whether it is to be accepted or not is up to you but It really can not be argued.

I am not sure what your point is, but the Scriptures do not validate your thoughts.

Calling men fathers as in Jn 4:20 or Acts 3:13 and Heb. 13 has nothing to do with Catholi believers calling their priests "FATHER".
Like this

Spiritual fathers have care for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

1 Tim 1:2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

Gal 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you

1 John 2
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.

Paul and John are speaking to adult Christians so they are our spiritual fathers!

You said.........
"No Christian has the authority to read scripture for yourself and decide your own doctrines or beliefs! "

That is a classic Catholic response and is categorically and Biblically incorrect!!!!

For the person who is Born Again, understanding the Scriptures is very easy.
You can read and study sure but the faith of Christians is revealed by God in Christ and taught by his church. Matt 28:19 eph 4:5 Jude 1:3

In place of Christ is correct cos Christ the king and only mediator of the covenant and head of the church Ascended to heaven!

No king administers his own kingdom

Christ appointed Peter the visible head of the church on earth to administer the kingdom with the apostles

See Joseph under pharaoh has the administration of the kingdom and his brothers were required to obey him!

Obedience to the ministers that the king Himself appointed is obedience to the king!

Isa 22:21-22 father keys
Matt 16:17-19 keys of jurisdictional authority and power to bind and loose note: this same authority and power belonged to the successors of Moses (Matt 23) and was taken from them (Matt 21:43) and given to Peter and the apostles

But it ain’t Burger King have it your way, Christ and his church are one in unity & truth! Acts 9:4 Isa 53:5 Jn 15:4 Jn 20:21-23 eph 5:24 Eph 4:5 eph 5:32 Jude 1;3

Thks
Christ established the church on Peter and the apostles until his return, we can’t change that into your idea of spiritual anarchy

Only Christ has authority to establish the church! Matt 16:18-19
One church! Jn 10:16 All others are sects “full of errors” “the tradition of men”! The new covenant Church is the eternal city of God! Household of faith! The pillar and ground of TRUTH! 1 Tim 3:15 Founded by Christ alone! Matt 16:18 on Peter and the apostles! Eph 2:20 Lk 22:29

The 30,000 sects (the tradition of men) having no authority at all! And holding and teaching contrary and new doctrines that oppose the Christian faith that was revealed by Christ and taught by holy mother church! Matt 28:19 acts 16:17

The church was founded and existed and exercised authority in teaching, governance, and sanctifying souls before the New Testament was written!

The church does not require the scriptures to know the truth!

The church wrote the scripture!

The church was taught by Christ in person for three years!

And commanded by Christ to teach and sanctify all men unto eternal salvation! Matt 28:19

For 30 plus years before the apostles wrote scripture
By the inspiration of the Holy Ghost they taught and preached and settle matters of doctrine!

Acts 8:12 & 25 & 35
Acts 13:5
1 pet 1:25

Thks

You said.........
"No Christian has the authority to read scripture for yourself and decide your own doctrines or beliefs! "

That is a classic Catholic response and is categorically and Biblically incorrect!!!!

For the person who is Born Again, understanding the Scriptures is very easy.
I'm not reading each and every post here, but I'd like to comment on the above.
First, I think you should know that I'm not Catholic but happen to know the teachings of the CC.

The problem with Protestantism, as I see it, is that we're all encouraged to read the bible, come to our own understanding, and hold to what we believe.

Unfortunately, this line of reasoning has caused as many problems as the Reformation was supposed to solve.
We now have thousands of denominations....some breaking away from a denomination and creating another one for important doctrinal beliefs (Jesus is not God), and some for very minute belief differences (women can't wear lipstick, etc).

Actually, what donadams has stated is totally biblical...Here's why:
Jesus sent His Apostles off to preach in Matthew 10.
Jesus sent His Apostles into the world to teach, baptize, and make disciples.

Jesus sent the Apostles .... not each and every disciple.
He sent those that HE had taught.....so that they, in turn, could teach others.

Acts 2:42 tells us that Luke taught that the new Christians were devoting themselves to the teachings of the Apostles.
It states that all who believed had all things in common. Every day the new believers continued with one mind.

This is why the CC is called the Apostolic Church.
Its teachings have been passed down by the Apostles and their successors.

You can refer to a source for what Catholicism teaches.
What source can you identify to express what Protestantism teaches?
There is none.

There is none.

The source is called the Bible. Im not of any denomination or church.

I think its better when people can discuss and question and work together and review over some leader who can easy make errors that can lead people off path and no one can question them about it. Even if its unintentional. Its basically there view and interpretation or nothing.

"Traditions" as I mention them are beliefs and or teachings that are practices and beliefs that have been handed down over the centuries by the Catholic Church, and are not validated by the Scriptures.

I surely would like to know what those practices are.
I know that the CC does have some practices that are out of the biblical realm even though they can explain the reasons for those practices...I can even agree to some but not all.

I'd have to disagree, however, as to the meaning of the word "traditions" which really should read Traditions.

Traditions in the CC do not mean practices that were handed down that are unbiblical.
It means THE TEACHINGS OF THE EARLY CHURCH FATHERS that acquired these Traditions from The Apostles.

That other stuff to which you're alluding and to which I agree somewhat, are truly traditions and not Traditions.

These traditions are deeply rooted in the history and culture of Catholicism.

As long as we agree on what Traditions means, we will agree.
It has nothing to do with culture.
Italians have little votive candles in their h ome (if they're a believer) and maybe even a pix of the Pope.
This is CULTURAL,,,,but is not a Tradition of the CC. The Apostles did not teach the next generation to do this.

As for Mary being God....I do not recall posting that and I glanced through the thread and did not see it.
No worries.
You sound too intelligent to state something like that.
My bad.

What I did say was that some Catholics believe Mary is above other women because she birthed the Son of God. The Bible does not say Mary was blessed ABOVE other women but AMONG other women.

Yes, well....I believe the above too.
We Protestants refuse to give Mary her due.
I didn't birth Jesus.
Mary did.
I think she's a tad above me.
She is FULL OF GRACE.
Overflowing...no more room.
I HAVE GRACE. And h as been gifted to me by God.
Mary's entire purpose in HER life was to give life to the Son.

Traditions example......Mary is the mother of God. That is not found in the Bible.

How would you like it to be said in the bible?

Mary gave birth to Jesus.
Is Jesus God?

If not, then you're right.
If Jesus is God then we have a problem here that is caused by stating that Mary is not the mother of God.

As I see the problem here is that when one speaks of GOD, God FATHER comes to mind.
Not Jesus, the 2nd Person of the Holy Trinity.

BUT if Jesus is God we must say that Mary is the Mother of God or all sorts of problematics arise.

It comes from Jesus being God in the flesh so then Mary birthed God. In many eyes of some people that equates to the divinity of Mary.

I thought you said that you did not state that Mary is divine?
"In many eyes of some people"

Those people can believe what they wish....
we're discussing doctrine of the CC.

The CC does not teach that Mary is divine.
(being like God or God-like)

Not only that, but the the word until in Matthew 1:25 clearly indicates that Joseph and Mary did have normal sexual relations after Jesus was born. Mary remained a virgin until the Savior’s birth, but later Joseph and Mary had several children together. Jesus had four half-brothers: James, Joseph, Simon, and Judas (Matthew 13:55) and at least two half sisters.(Matthew 15:35-37)

I refrain from this. I don't know, and I think NO ONE knows, what happened after Jesus was born.
An early Father has written that Mary remained a virgin, but I hesitate to get into this discussion.

I will say that the children that you speak of are spoken of as cousins. I had done a little study on this some years ago and found the matter to be very complicated.

My final belief, as of right now, is that they were either cousins, or, what I prefer, offspring of Joseph from another wife.

For instance, if Jesus had other brothers, why would he commit his mother to John?

Traditions example......."Immaculate Conception of Mary". That is not found anywhere in the Bible and is a Catholic tradition. The Bible doesn’t suggest Mary’s birth was anything but a normal human birth.
So God decided to place HIS SON, Jesus, in the womb of a human person that was tainted and under the oppression of the sin nature?

Difficult to believe.

Mary was FULL OF GRACE, as has been stated by me.
No room for the sin nature.

Tradition example........ "Assumption of Mary into Heaven and her Coronation as Queen."
NO where in the Bible is there to be found a suggestion of such a thing.

Others in the NT were assumed into heaven.
But I have to say that the assumption is based on concepts and not on biblical teaching IN HER CASE, although the OT does speak of assuption into heaven.
Elijah
Enoch
Moses?

Romans 3:23 says....."ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God".
There is no......"Except Mary" anywhere in the Bible.

Did Paul have to have Mary in his mind at all times?
Was Paul even interested in Mary?
Where are all the verses about her by him?
Does this mean she didn't even really exist? (since he didn't mention her).

My sources come from many years of teaching the actual, literal Word of God.
Happy to know you read the bible.
Stuff happened even AFTER the book of Acts.

And, anyway, who do you believe assembled the bible?
Could it have been the CC in the 4th century?

Nice to know you're depending on a book the CC put together.

I surely would like to know what those practices are.
I know that the CC does have some practices that are out of the biblical realm even though they can explain the reasons for those practices...I can even agree to some but not all.

I'd have to disagree, however, as to the meaning of the word "traditions" which really should read Traditions.

Traditions in the CC do not mean practices that were handed down that are unbiblical.
It means THE TEACHINGS OF THE EARLY CHURCH FATHERS that acquired these Traditions from The Apostles.

That other stuff to which you're alluding and to which I agree somewhat, are truly traditions and not Traditions.

As long as we agree on what Traditions means, we will agree.
It has nothing to do with culture.
Italians have little votive candles in their h ome (if they're a believer) and maybe even a pix of the Pope.
This is CULTURAL,,,,but is not a Tradition of the CC. The Apostles did not teach the next generation to do this.

No worries.
You sound too intelligent to state something like that.
My bad.

Yes, well....I believe the above too.
We Protestants refuse to give Mary her due.
I didn't birth Jesus.
Mary did.
I think she's a tad above me.
She is FULL OF GRACE.
Overflowing...no more room.
I HAVE GRACE. And h as been gifted to me by God.
Mary's entire purpose in HER life was to give life to the Son.

How would you like it to be said in the bible?

Mary gave birth to Jesus.
Is Jesus God?

If not, then you're right.
If Jesus is God then we have a problem here that is caused by stating that Mary is not the mother of God.

As I see the problem here is that when one speaks of GOD, God FATHER comes to mind.
Not Jesus, the 2nd Person of the Holy Trinity.

BUT if Jesus is God we must say that Mary is the Mother of God or all sorts of problematics arise.

I thought you said that you did not state that Mary is divine?
"In many eyes of some people"

Those people can believe what they wish....
we're discussing doctrine of the CC.

The CC does not teach that Mary is divine.
(being like God or God-like)

I refrain from this. I don't know, and I think NO ONE knows, what happened after Jesus was born.
An early Father has written that Mary remained a virgin, but I hesitate to get into this discussion.

I will say that the children that you speak of are spoken of as cousins. I had done a little study on this some years ago and found the matter to be very complicated.

My final belief, as of right now, is that they were either cousins, or, what I prefer, offspring of Joseph from another wife.

For instance, if Jesus had other brothers, why would he commit his mother to John?

So God decided to place HIS SON, Jesus, in the womb of a human person that was tainted and under the oppression of the sin nature?

Difficult to believe.

Mary was FULL OF GRACE, as has been stated by me.
No room for the sin nature.

Others in the NT were assumed into heaven.
But I have to say that the assumption is based on concepts and not on biblical teaching IN HER CASE, although the OT does speak of assuption into heaven.
Elijah
Enoch
Moses?

Did Paul have to have Mary in his mind at all times?
Was Paul even interested in Mary?
Where are all the verses about her by him?
Does this mean she didn't even really exist? (since he didn't mention her).

Happy to know you read the bible.
Stuff happened even AFTER the book of Acts.

And, anyway, who do you believe assembled the bible?
Could it have been the CC in the 4th century?

Nice to know you're depending on a book the CC put together.
This is a really long post and at my age I am unable to answer ALL of the responces you posted. If you would like to repost your questions ONE at a Time I would be glad to talk with you.

So having said that I will speak to your first question....which was ---
"Traditions in the CC do not mean practices that were handed down that are unbiblical."

First of all, what is the purpose of insisting that "traditions" be spelled "Traditions".????
In your mind, does that capital "T" make them more believable.?

So then YES, Traditions in the RCC DO MEAN practices that are not found in the Bible!
There are probably 4 dozen traditions that are taught in the Catholic church which are NOT in the Bible. I will list a few for you to consider............

1. Salvation by works....

2. Assurance of salvation:

3. Water Baptism:

4. Mary..

5. The veneration of saints​

6. The use of icons and religious images.​

7. Infant Baptism.
8. Clerical Celibracy
9. Purgatory
10. Immaculate Conception of Mary.
11. Assumption of Mary.

From St. Anthoney's Catholic Chruch in Stocton Ca................
"While some traditions have strong biblical foundations, others have evolved over time and may not have a direct basis in Scripture. It is important for believers to understand the distinction between biblical teachings and church traditions that may not be explicitly mentioned in the Bible. In this article, we will explore some common examples of church traditions that are not in the Bible."

Source........https://www.stanthony-hughson.org/2023/08/31/church-traditions-that-are-not-in-the-bible/

I'm not reading each and every post here, but I'd like to comment on the above.
First, I think you should know that I'm not Catholic but happen to know the teachings of the CC.

The problem with Protestantism, as I see it, is that we're all encouraged to read the bible, come to our own understanding, and hold to what we believe.

Unfortunately, this line of reasoning has caused as many problems as the Reformation was supposed to solve.
We now have thousands of denominations....some breaking away from a denomination and creating another one for important doctrinal beliefs (Jesus is not God), and some for very minute belief differences (women can't wear lipstick, etc).

Actually, what donadams has stated is totally biblical...Here's why:
Jesus sent His Apostles off to preach in Matthew 10.
Jesus sent His Apostles into the world to teach, baptize, and make disciples.

Jesus sent the Apostles .... not each and every disciple.
He sent those that HE had taught.....so that they, in turn, could teach others.

Acts 2:42 tells us that Luke taught that the new Christians were devoting themselves to the teachings of the Apostles.
It states that all who believed had all things in common. Every day the new believers continued with one mind.

This is why the CC is called the Apostolic Church.
Its teachings have been passed down by the Apostles and their successors.

You can refer to a source for what Catholicism teaches.
There is none.
You said.......
"Its teachings (Catholic Church) have been passed down by the Apostles and their successors."

That is incorrect. My dear friend, the Apostles DID NOT pass down...........
Salvation by water Baptism.
Infant water Baptism.
Clergy not able to marry.
The Immaculate Conception of Mary
The Assumption of Mary
Purgatory
Prayer to the dead.
Veneration of the saints
Classes of believers

All of those and a host of others are from Catholic Traditions invented by men.
You ask for sources however anyone can use the goggle function to find those teachings.
There is nothing hard at all to find out those things and then there are some of us who have done the study from various sources to know them.

However, source....https://catholicexchange.com/changes-in-church-teaching-the-development-of-doctrine/

"In any event, there are no “optional” teachings for Catholics. A Catholic is obligated to assent to all of the Church teachings, although the assent required may differ somewhat based upon the manner in which a particular teaching is proposed. In addition, even if a Catholic is not formally disciplined for dissenting from Church teaching, the Church makes clear that .....
(1) anyone who dissents from a divinely revealed teaching is guilty of heresy (cf. Catechism, 2089);
(2) anyone who dissents from a definitively proposed teaching “sets himself against the teaching of the Catholic Church” (canon 750 §2); and
(3) the faithful are called to assent with “religious submission of intellect and will” to any teaching proposed as true but without a definitive act, noting that even in this third category the faithful are “to ensure that they avoid whatever does not accord with that doctrine” (canon 752).

You can read and study sure but the faith of Christians is revealed by God in Christ and taught by his church. Matt 28:19 eph 4:5 Jude 1:3
Not so.

A Church is made up of sinners and those sinners can make up anything they want to believe.

Example:.....Mary was conceived Immaculately!

That was declared by confirmed in 1854, by Pope Pius IX, infallibly defined, ex cathedra:
"'The Blessed Virgin Mary, in the first instant of her conception, by a singular grace and privilege of Almighty God, and in view of the foreseen merits of Jesus Christ, the savior of the human race, was preserved free from all stain of original sin.'"

That is totally anti-Biblical and is the result of the mind of men. There is NOTHING in the Bible to even suggest such a thought. In fact, everything in the Bible rejects that tradition.

Like this

Spiritual fathers have care for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

1 Tim 1:2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

Gal 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you

1 John 2
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.

Paul and John are speaking to adult Christians so they are our spiritual fathers!
Really???

I suggest that you actually read the scriptures before you post the,

Not a single verse supports your thesis. Not a one!

What do you think they say?

I think its better when people can discuss and question and work together and review over some leader who can easy make errors that can lead people off path and no one can question them about it. Even if its unintentional. Its basically there view and interpretation or nothing.
But the Bible you claim has no denominations no sect founded by men only one true and immutable church founded by Christ!

What happened to your faith in Christ and His eternal words? Matt 24:35

Matt 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Jn 8:32 (to His Apostles) And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Jn 16:13 (to His Apostles) Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Eph 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism.

Jude 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

Jesus Christ founded the new covenant church to teach and sanctify (baptize) all men unto eternal salvation! (Matt 28:19)

Christ and His church are one!
((Inseparable unity))
Acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 eph 5:32 Isa 53:5 Jn 15:5 eph 5:24

One shepherd and one fold! Jn 10:16

One church! Jn 10:16 All others are sects “full of errors” “the tradition of men”! The new covenant Church is the eternal city of God! Household of faith! The pillar and ground of TRUTH! 1 Tim 3:15 Founded by Christ alone! Matt 16:18 on Peter and the apostles! Eph 2:20 Lk 22:29

I think it’s better when people can discuss and question and work together and review over some leader who can easy make errors that can lead people off path and no one can question them about it. Even if it’s unintentional. Its basically their view and interpretation or nothing.
Protestantism is not biblical nor in the Bible
Only one reference to reformation and at the time Christ reformed the mosaic covenant into the new covenant heb 9;10
No other time or 16th century
Thks
There is (((zero))) authority for Protestantism or reformation in scripture

We must believe and obey both Christ and the church He founded on the apostles (Matt 16:18-19) to teach and sanctify all men unto eternal salvation! (Matt 28:19)

(Not scripture alone)
Sacred Scripture according to the churches cannon and interpretation? Yes!
Scripture alone? No!

Heb 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things by, by whom also he made the worlds;

“Not by scripture alone”!

That’s the nail in the coffin of “Sola scriptura” it is dead and buried, “false doctrine” the doctrine of demons like all the sola’s!

For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. Jn 1:17

Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life! Jn 14:6

And this extends to His apostolic church, Christ and His church are one and inseparable! Acts 9:4 Jn 15:5 eph 5:32 acts 2:42

One shepherd and one fold! Jn 10:16

The truth of the Christian faith and the church are of divine origin and cannot be reformed!

Jesus Christ is the Light of the world! Jn 8:12
Apostolic church the light of the world! Matt 5:14

Must Hear Jesus Christ! Matt 17:5
Acts 3:23
Must Hear the apostolic church! Matt 18:17 1 Jn 4:6

Authority of Jesus Christ! Matt 28:17
Authority of the apostles! Jn 20:21

Jesus Christ has Reconciliation!
2 cor 5:19
Apostles have ministry of Reconciliation! 2 cor 5:18

Jesus Christ have power to forgive mens sins! Lk 5:20 Jn
Apostles have power to forgive mens sins! Jn 20:23

Jesus Christ is the truth! Jn 14:6
The apostolic church is the pillar of truth! 1 Tim 3:16

For the apostolic authority in Holy church decided and decreed (bound on earth / bound in heaven) the canon of Scripture, and is the only authentic interpreter of scripture!

The Christian faith is revealed by Christ!

Jesus Christ before ascending to heaven gave His apostles the fullness of truth, the apostolic church our mother and teacher is commanded by Him to teach and to sanctify with her sacraments (the promise of the spirit) all men unto eternal salvation! We are commanded to believe and obey! Matt 28:19

How can the Protestant concept: “sacred scripture is the only infallible source of truth” be true? There must be some infallible source that must tell us what is the canon of scripture & has authority to interpret scripture!

It is impossible to reject the church or her teaching without rejecting Christ who founded the church and revealed her teaching!

You cannot reject the kingdom established by the king and say I obey and submit to the king!

Jesus Christ founded the new covenant church to teach and sanctify (baptize) all men unto eternal salvation! (Matt 28:19)

Christ and His church are one!
((Inseparable unity))
Acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 eph 5:32 Isa 53:5 Jn 15:5 eph 5:24

Thks

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back