Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

CAN A MAN RAPE HIS WIFE?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Are you really saying that 1 Corinthians supports rape?? There must be some misunderstanding here.
1Corinthians 7 talks about loving each other, not hating each other. When there is understanding, the husband can go a week or two—or whatever is AGREED between the two—and the wife will not see it as rape when the husband asks for a favor, especially after bearing with his wife difficult or unpleasant circumstances.

What if she continued to say no?

If my Wife continued to say no to me? Depends. I'd read the signs and consider what kind of day she had and how she felt or was she sick? Is she just being difficult for no good reason? Perist. Does she have the tone of exhaustion from a bad day with the kids? You can tell if she really feels crappy. Those times I backed off. I've never struck that girl even one time in 26 years. She was a special one. I tried to be very good to her. So backing off and giving her that small love consideration is something that I was no stranger to. It was a two way street between us for many years. I was very good to her and she was most excellant to me. I figured if they say that you have to show your wife at least one drop of pure love every day that she will love you also. So I figured, one drop? What would hapeen if I sloshed her with a 5 gallon bucket of love instead? That should make her feel extra special! So I did lots of extra nice things for her and...it turned out to be too much. She got spoiled rotton of the world and all it's shiney things and my business was going down with the economy steadily until she jumped ship. My fault. I spoiled her by giving her too much. I put her on a pedestal and that was a mistake. I should have lifted her up beside me but not above me.

If my Wife continued to say no to me? Depends. I'd read the signs and consider what kind of day she had and how she felt or was she sick? Is she just being difficult for no good reason? Perist. Does she have the tone of exhaustion from a bad day with the kids? You can tell if she really feels crappy. Those times I backed off. I've never struck that girl even one time in 26 years. She was a special one. I tried to be very good to her. So backing off and giving her that small love consideration is something that I was no stranger to. It was a two way street between us for many years. I was very good to her and she was most excellant to me. I figured if they say that you have to show your wife at least one drop of pure love every day that she will love you also. So I figured, one drop? What would hapeen if I sloshed her with a 5 gallon bucket of love instead? That should make her feel extra special! So I did lots of extra nice things for her and...it turned out to be too much. She got spoiled rotton of the world and all it's shiney things and my business was going down with the economy steadily until she jumped ship. My fault. I spoiled her by giving her too much. I put her on a pedestal and that was a mistake. I should have lifted her up beside me but not above me.
One thing I have noticed in the relationship with my wife is that small things do much more than the big things. Yes, it is important to have a good job and have money to do a lot of things, but it is even more important to show love through actions—e.g. occasionally clean the house or do the dishes. God demonstrated his love towards us through what he did.

1Corinthians 7 talks about loving each other, not hating each other. When there is understanding, the husband can go a week or two—or whatever is AGREED between the two—and the wife will not see it as rape when the husband asks for a favor, especially after bearing with his wife difficult or unpleasant circumstances.
Rape is a violent, forceful act. What you're describing is not rape.

One thing I have noticed in the relationship with my wife is that small things do much more than the big things. Yes, it is important to have a good job and have money to do a lot of things, but it is even more important to show love through actions—e.g. occasionally clean the house or do the dishes. God demonstrated his love towards us through what he did.
I do the dishes every day. My wife cooks and I clean up.

If a man's Wife says no and she does not relent because she is angry at him for quitting his job or whatever, and the man beats the girl senseless and does it anyway,.... There are times that it is ok to be persistent and times when you back off and give the Wife a break. It's not hard to read the signs and react appropriately to the girl you Love.
Sometimes it is not that simple.
Take the example of a woman who was taught from childhood by her mom that God hates sex, it was an invention of the devil and if you have anything to do with it, you will burn in hell for ever.
Oh - and God allows it ONLY when you are ready to be pregnant (but still does not like it).

Is it EVER ok to be persistent in that situation?

a) The wife does not cause her husband to cheat.
But is that not the statement of Paul in 1 Cor 7?

2 But because of immoralities, each man is to have his own wife, and each woman is to have her own husband.
5 Stop depriving one another, except by agreement for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer, and come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.

That is not always available. Or allowed.
I understand that people don’t always talk about it, but as far as I know, not because it is not allowed. If this is not discussed, at least from a Christian perspective, it should be IMPLIED that both agreed to being sex partners as well. This is the easiest and only way to avoid sexual immorality.

Take the example of a woman who was taught from childhood by her mom that God hates sex, it was an invention of the devil and if you have anything to do with it, you will burn in hell for ever.
Oh - and God allows it ONLY when you are ready to be pregnant (but still does not like it).

Where are these women?
What i see is mothers allowing their daughters to leave the house with the tramp look. Its fashionable these days.

And if such a mother exists then the daughter should not marry. Unless she met up with a man that also believes as the daughter does.

People get married for a variety of reasons, and for some sex is NOT on the list at all.
Well as we age ,the desire goes or with menopause very much so .

One can't base marriage in sex .oy vey that will work out .

What happens when the man has tesiticular cancer ? Or health problems ?

Are there mothers out there that are actually teaching their daughters this sort of thing?

What kind of bizarre example is that???

Back