Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Christ Mythicism: Recommended Reading

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Such as the fat, jolly, geezer with a red suit and white beard, who lives in the North Pole! 😉
Huh. Maybe you should write as many books about what a myth he is as there are books written about the "mythical" Christ? Last I knew myths don't provoke men to go on lifelong missions to disprove them. So why so zealous to disprove a myth? Lol! Yeah, really sounds that ridiculous.

The Christ Myth theory, which I hold to, states that no prophet named Jesus ever existed and that the man is fully mythical. This position is a minority one among scholars, and is not well understood.
So you want to protect people from believing in a myth? Why? Do you do this with all myths?

I am jumping in on page 5, but going back to the beginning of page one for my first comment. T.E. you have made the statement many times you do not believe in God or His Son Christ Jesus, but now trying to convince us with what man has written in their books who also do not believe, but think He is just a made up story.

Now let me ask you a question. Since you have never sought Jesus or have allowed Him time to prove Himself to you than how do you know He is not real?
I did seek Jesus when I was young. Never did he prove himself, and my belief that he is not real is based not in faith but in reason and logic.
These books you read are only the thoughts of those who wrote them without any proof because they refuse to believe in a supreme being of all of creation and only calling it myths. These are only their thoughts for they do not know the Lord. I have written two books, which I have never published, as one is all about Biblical teachings of Christ including history of the actual Empires, cultures and eras that have been proven within history and archeology findings.

Christianity has nothing to do with philosophy, but actualities as we become Christlike knowing for a fact He is very real to us, especially in the witness and testimonies that myself and others give just like the Prophets who walked in obedience to God and Disciples who literally walked with Jesus. None of us today knows what Jesus looks like, but we have seen His power, authority, miraculous miracles that are brought about through prayer and know the promises of God are yea and amen.

We speak of what we know, what we have seen and what we have heard, not by man, but by God's very Spirit revealing Himself to us not only by His word, but by His power and glory in our lives. I don't know how many times I walked away from Him thinking He was not real because I went through so many bad things in my life and why would a good God let bad things happen to me. It took me many years to understand why I had to go through these bad things, but found out why as it brought me back to God as I literally cried out to Him and gave Him the time to talk to me. I only gave you a small part of my testimony in PM, but there is so much more to it.

Am I perfect, no, but being perfected everyday. Do I still go through trails and tribulations, yes, but God walks with me through them all as He gives me the victory through Christ who overcame the world for us that we can live a life that is pleasing to Him.

I pray you do not completely shut your heart up to Him, but to keep on seeking, questioning and reading His word as you do have the word of God, but not in your heart yet.
No, the books are filled with proofs and say nothing without proof. Of course it is their thoughts; your post and books are also just your thoughts. The question is, are those thoughts true? Are they backed up by reason and evidence?

Huh. Maybe you should write as many books about what a myth he is as there are books written about the "mythical" Christ? Last I knew myths don't provoke men to go on lifelong missions to disprove them. So why so zealous to disprove a myth? Lol! Yeah, really sounds that ridiculous.
If the largest world religion was built around Santa Claus, then I'd earnestly work at refuting him. Obviously Santa is in no such position. But Jesus is.

You seek after only the carnal mind of men drawing your own logical conclusions that make sense to you by what they write in their books. Spiritual things of God seem foolish to those who have no Spiritual discernment as the carnal mind is a hostile enemy against God and refuses to get to know Him.
Yes I draw my own conclusions based on the writings of scholars. That is perfectly reasonable.

You seek after only the carnal mind of men drawing your own logical conclusions that make sense to you by what they write in their books. Spiritual things of God seem foolish to those who have no Spiritual discernment as the carnal mind is a hostile enemy against God and refuses to get to know Him.
I'm on the same page with you, for_his_glory, except I have to disagree with one thing: I have not yet so much as once seen T. E. Smith say anything that could make me think he is even the least bit interested in drawing logical conclusions about anything.

I'm on the same page with you, for_his_glory, except I have to disagree with one thing: I have not yet so much as once seen T. E. Smith say anything that could make me think he is even the least bit interested in drawing logical conclusions about anything.
LOL, of course you don't. :lol :lol Since I don't accept your conclusions, I must not even be trying to draw logical conclusions. Or that's your laughable argument.

Since I don't accept your conclusions, I must not even be trying to draw logical conclusions.
Correct. Since I've drawn logical conclusions, your war against them is your war against truth, and inhibits you from trying to draw them. (BTW, though it will clash with shallow, vulgar thinking, I note that the phrase, 'logical conclusion,' is redundant, and that the phrase, 'illogical conclusion,' is an oxymoron. You did not get to believing the falsehoods you believe by engaging in thinking logically, so you didn't get to believing them by way of conclusion.​

Major Premise: Every S is P,
Minor Premise: Every x is S,
Ergo,​
Conclusion: Every x is P.

Major Premise: Every [thing not composed of flesh and blood] is [a thing that is not a man],
Minor Premise: Every [myth] is [a thing not composed of flesh and blood],
Ergo,​
Conclusion: Every [myth] is [a thing that is not a man].

Back